2019 Armed Forces Salute Renewal Announced!

Does anyone know what information you need to order tickets from SoG over the phone? We are planning a January trip and probably won’t be able to get tickets in person at base.
You can get the tickets at SOG or in advance. I paid for mine in advance by calling SOG and they emailed me a form to complete with how many tickets/days. It was an easy process.

The general discounts for early next year came out today. I called to book my room for Princess Half Marathon with that discount *just in case* and I was told that they are "waiting on the DOD to sign the contract" and that he "is certain the military discount is coming back but it just has not yet." I know the waiting game is hard but that is some bright news!!!! (also please don't shoot the messenger if this info is incorrect lol)

The general discounts for early next year came out today. I called to book my room for Princess Half Marathon with that discount *just in case* and I was told that they are "waiting on the DOD to sign the contract" and that he "is certain the military discount is coming back but it just has not yet." I know the waiting game is hard but that is some bright news!!!! (also please don't shoot the messenger if this info is incorrect lol)

I will take any chance of good news!

Good idea to go ahead and book with the general discount that came out today. Fingers crossed we will hear something soon about the 2019 Salute.

Good idea to go ahead and book with the general discount that came out today. Fingers crossed we will hear something soon about the 2019 Salute.

I was thinking about it but at 25% for the deluxe, it's not enough of a discount to allow us to book. We've prepared that if it's not exactly 40% off we'll be doing AOA suite all week. This general discount is so minimal for AOA, we decided to just wait. If the renewal is announced, the discount would be higher for either tier.

Thanks for the info. Though does anyone know why DoD would have to sign a contract? Do they supplement the discounts in some way? If not I don't understand why a contract would be needed to offer a discount.

Thanks for the info. Though does anyone know why DoD would have to sign a contract? Do they supplement the discounts in some way? If not I don't understand why a contract would be needed to offer a discount.
I don't know any details at all, but I do remember a contract being referenced on similar threads as this one in past years. There are a couple of mentions on page 1 of the 2018 thread below.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2018-military-room-rates.3613717/

Heads up!!
I went to the view special offers and this is there:
As a member of the U.S. military, you can enjoy great rates at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for stays most nights January 1 through April 13 and April 26 through December 19, 2019 when you book by December 19, 2019.

Book Through
December 19, 2019

Valid for Stays Most Nights
January 1 through April 13 and April 26 through December 19, 2019

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-hotel-rates-2019/

Sometimes when this news is just announced, it takes a bit for reservation CM's to get the info. I am keeping an eye out for an email from Steve.

2019 Ticket offer details:
Choose between a Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Ticket or a 5-Day Military Promotional Ticket. The Park Hopper Option is included, so you can come and go as you please at all 4 theme parks each day of your ticket! If you’re looking for a little extra magic, add the Park Hopper Plus Option for $50 more, plus tax.

The promotional tickets below are available for purchase:

• 4-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Option for $241 plus tax
  • 5-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Option $257 plus tax
  • 4-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Plus Option $291 plus tax
  • 5-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Plus Option $307 plus tax
Purchase 5-Day Military Promotional Tickets now through December 15, 2019 and 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets now through December 16, 2019. Receive admission for 5 days or 4 days when you visit during the period from January 1, 2019 through December 19, 2019.

You can also purchase the Memory Maker product for a special price of $98 from January 1, 2019 through December 19, 2019.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2019/

Got our discounted resort stay booked at CBR. It was a little more than I thought, discount was 27%. This is June 30-Jul 7, so I guess I'm not surprised it's less than the full 35%. For 7 nights, this comes out to a difference of $209, or almost $30/night.

Now to get to a phone...

I'm still firming up dates this morning. I may wait to call until this afternoon. Sometimes the first day is kind of crazy.

I just got off the phone with Disney and I got my discount! Unfortunately we had to cancel our animal Kingdom Lodge reservation as there were none available with the discount. All in all it took me about 30 to 40 minutes because I had several reservations to modify

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter