2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The third laptop worked!!!!

Lion King Suite, with upgraded dining. Using the Disney VISA offer, I saved $2200.00
What time did you get it?? I carted LK at 5:30 but when I went to check out it kept saying unavailable. I booked Cars, but my DD would much rather have LK or Nemo

Did anyone see availability for FW cabins? We are going dec 9-13. I was on at 5:30 and there was no availability. Not sure if it’s just our dates, or if nothing was released. Booked AOA suites instead, but would really rather stay at the fort!

The only things I can think of is the ticket price increase and possibly the package you booked 4 months ago had some kind of room discount or room prices increased since you booked. Keep what you booked and pay OOP for food!!
I made sure I paid rack rate, bought park hoppers, chose a resort and date likely to have a FD discount. But yes, I will do as you suggest.

Did anyone see availability for FW cabins? We are going dec 9-13. I was on at 5:30 and there was no availability. Not sure if it’s just our dates, or if nothing was released. Booked AOA suites instead, but would really rather stay at the fort!

Don't remember if it was here or over on FB, but someone did get the cabins with free dining. I'd keep checking in the days ahead to see if something opens up; you never know!

Not those days, but cabins were available over christmas week (22-29 (22-30 wasn't available), with free dining) when I checked this morning at 6am.

Going 12/7 too! Was able to get pop at 5:30 est. couldn’t get a preferred room had to do standard. Now I just have to wait until things calm down to cancel my old reservation since I couldn’t modify....oh and try to chaperone a 2nd grade trip on very little sleep!!!

I made sure I paid rack rate, bought park hoppers, chose a resort and date likely to have a FD discount. But yes, I will do as you suggest.

Well, ticket and hotel prices have increased since 4 months ago. Didn't think it would be $3000 worth of increases, but it could be. Glad you have something that will work for you.

My TA said she talks to Disney IT all the time. She said they're on flash, which is apparently very outdated, that IT wants to upgrade but the higher ups don't want to have to shut down the system for an entire day or two or whatever is needed to do the upgrade. I'm not a tech guy, but anyway, it is what it is. They just need to match their IT budget to their fireworks budget. :)

Was able to switch my 4-night POR River View reservation for 4 adults to CSR Standard and gained a DDP (upgraded), an extra park day, park hoppers and $100 (which will now go to parking). All in all, not a bad deal. For those still trying ... the website will eventually let you in. Don't lose hope or patience. Good luck!

All booked. got the QS dining for our 4 night stay at POP! I was also able to add the RO discount to our other reservation. No glitches and smooth sailing. Very happy it’s done now!

When I went back to my cart to try again I got this:

Important Notice
The item(s) in your cart were removed as they are no longer available.
  • The Resort room you selected is no longer available. Since you must have a Resort room in order to have other items in your offer, these other item(s) (tickets and dining) were also removed from the offer.
    Another room type at the same Resort may be available. Or you can select another Resort. Check Availability

Unfortunately this happens frequently on the morning FD drops. Room availabitly changes literally every second on these mornings. Keep trying and you might get what you’re trying for. I wish you luck!

I see the arrivals part now but it definitely says "non-discounted 5 night/6 day magic your way package". That's a copy and paste from the website so maybe we are looking at different promotions ‍♀️
ALthough it says that in the description (I saw it too), you can still apply the promo to 4 nights. It has been the same last year where the requirements said x but if you tried with less it still worked. I was able to add it to my 4 night stay no problem.

Sam
Going 12/7 too! Was able to get pop at 5:30 est. couldn’t get a preferred room had to do standard. Now I just have to wait until things calm down to cancel my old reservation since I couldn’t modify....oh and try to chaperone a 2nd grade trip on very little sleep!!!
Same thing here even the same time this morning. Haha. I do have my lap top working on canceling my old reservation, but I might just give up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter