2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I had a pop preferred pool view booked and was able to easily flip this into free dining on the website! Well not easily - took 4 tries because the website kept glitching- but was able to keep my room!!!

I got on at 5am (ish)- still not fully awake and booked Sports for August 20-25. It would not let me do less than 5 nights or start before 8/20. But, I did just go on and change my dates to be August 19-25th through modifying that reservation. I paid the initial deposit with my Disney Visa, and would have been willing to cancel and rebook if need be, but it worked this way.

yes, you are still on hold. That same thing happened to me when I had to reschedule due to Hurricane Irma last fall...5 hours later, and I still got through :)
Lol good to know, I was going to ask the same thing the other person asked! I'm at work so I'm kind of glad there's no music, but I was also a little worried.

Can someone tell me how to make the best out of the free dining quick service plan? We are a family of 4 with an 11 year old and 15 year old. So we get 2 QS meals and 2 snacks per night of stay. So we don't arrive till 6pm so if we don't use our meals first day do they transfer over? Also we are planning on having 3 meals per day, to maximise the plan I am assuming just using it for lunch and dinner and paying for breakfast is the way to go?

You can use your credits any time you want to during your stay. In the past, this has been so much food that we end up taking prepackaged snacks home at the end of our week. We just can't eat it all. You can also use snack credits to get light breakfast foods such as muffins and croissants. We usually just bring a breakfast snack from home and eat it before hopping on the bus instead of taking the time to go to the food court. Just a suggestion. Enjoy your trip!

I am already booked at Grand Floridian, checking in on 11/20, checking out 11/27, so I should fall under the criteria for Free Dining. How do I add it/where do I find it? I see nothing on the website for special offers and on MDE, it keeps just sending me back to the home screen.
You have to check in during the promo ie: 11/24-11/27 or no free dining! HTH

I am already booked at Grand Floridian, checking in on 11/20, checking out 11/27, so I should fall under the criteria for Free Dining. How do I add it/where do I find it? I see nothing on the website for special offers and on MDE, it keeps just sending me back to the home screen.
Actually, you don't fall into it. You'd have to check in 11/24-11/27. If you are already there, it doesn't apply.

So we are traveling 11/24-11/30 and DONT plan to use free dining. Will it be miserably crowded and hard to get ADRs now?

If you made the reservation before the ticket prices went up then it is probably because of the new ticket price. When you modify a package you have to pay the current ticket price, not what it was when you first booked (if there is a difference).
I believe you are right. My next question is, since I modified a reservation that I had before the parking fee was put in place, am I still good, or do you think I'll have to pay? Also, a friend told us we should have also looked at CBR? Any thoughts considering the construction, transportation, etc?
Thanks for your help!

Your credits are pooled and you can use them as quickly or as slowly as you’d like. You can use them all on the first day, spread them out of the entire trip, or use them all in the last day....doesn’t matter.

Any unused credits will expire at midnight on your checkout day. So even after you have checked out and physically left your room for the last time, you still have until midnight to use the credits.

Great
You can use your credits any time you want to during your stay. In the past, this has been so much food that we end up taking prepackaged snacks home at the end of our week. We just can't eat it all. You can also use snack credits to get light breakfast foods such as muffins and croissants. We usually just bring a breakfast snack from home and eat it before hopping on the bus instead of taking the time to go to the food court. Just a suggestion. Enjoy your trip!
Great. Thanks for the info. We play on ordering from the Grocer store but am unsure if we have a fridge in our room for milk for cereal, juice etc... Will have to check it out. Would prefer to use the credits for lunch and dinner :-)

I believe you are right. My next question is, since I modified a reservation that I had before the parking fee was put in place, am I still good, or do you think I'll have to pay? Also, a friend told us we should have also looked at CBR? Any thoughts considering the construction, transportation, etc?
Thanks for your help!
No you should not have to pay parking. They are grandfathering that in as long as you have the same reservation number you had when you first booked before March 21st

I got up and booked at 5am---had everything I wanted in my cart and suddenly it wasn't available. I did get the resort and the dates I wanted not the room selection. I wanted a preferred room had to take a pool view at POP and not a preferred pool view so I might be by the computer pool or all the way at the end of the bowling pool. Could be worse. Not going until December so maybe if I keep checking I will be able to change the room. Now on to dining reservations. I know I can't make them yet but I get to read menus and decide what new experience to try this trip. Last trip it was Shwarma and a German buffet.

Has anyone been able to add free dinning to an existing reservation? The website would only allow me free dinning if I started a new reservation and paid 3K more than the package I bought 4 months ago. I have a reservation at OKW for Nov 25-Dec 2, two bedroom villa and made sure I met the qualification for FD. I've just spent 2:20 minutes on the hold to be told the same.
Does that strike anyone as odd?
Prices were big time jacked up before they released this! We already have a bounceback booked from our trip last year and it was 30% discount, which we kept since we are staying club level and it's worth it. Before this dropped, we just fooled around to see the price it would be WITHOUT the bounceback and it was 2000.00 less than what I am being quoted now....
This is very interesting. Both of you seem to have the same issue. I wonder if prices were jacked up. Because we looked at numbers before FD came out and even if we had to add the increased room rate, ticket prices and parking it was less than $800 difference and that was staying at a deluxe resort. We are staying at the poly and can't take advantage of this program. I am hoping a RO discount comes out for Nov 25th.

It amazes me how this works differently for so many people. Some were able to book a reservation online or on the phone no problem, some modified their existing reservation online. Of the modified ones some had no price increase and some did. One person was told it had to be certain days, which was totally wrong based on the promotion on Disney's website. Some can't get through at all and are having all kinds of technical difficulties. Then there are the above situations. That is the most amazing part. Especially the first one. She should have been able to modify her reservation online with very little increase in price. This is just plan nuts!

Free dining appears to begin 8/2 for Visa cardholders. Is there a way online to book this or does it have to be a phone call?

For those who modified existing reservations to add free Dining (no other changes), did your price stay the same?
It did at first but after refreshing, new windows, refreshing again for 10 minutes or so I finally got it to recognize the actual offer and I was able to successfully modify. Prior to that it kept trying to charge for the dining plan. It was tense. LOL!! :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter