2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Need some help on the RO discount. Our stay is on Nov so the RO hasn’t released yet. Will there be another link for that or will it be on this link?

Woke up at about 5:20am and tried to figure out what was going on. Couldn't keep the disboards working so I didn't get the visa link then. Tried to find on Disney's site and couldn't. Tried Chase, nothing there. Went back to sleep until 7:15am. Found link on disboards. Visa Link wasn't working. After fooling around for a while figured out the regular offer wasn't loading either. Tried to call, all circuits busy. Kept trying to reload the link. Would get either Goofy or Stitch. Brought son to school. Reloaded when I got home and I was in, was real easy after that. Aug 3 - 14th at Pop. I will be at Disney for my 50th!

Before today's drop I calculated the cost of our trip:
Room rack-rate plus taxes (Pop Century)
4 day park hoppers plus taxes x 3
Dining upgrade (3 people per night)
Total = $3723
Todays price with free dining should be $3723, right? Nope, $4350

Has anyone been able to add free dinning to an existing reservation? The website would only allow me free dinning if I started a new reservation and paid 3K more than the package I bought 4 months ago. I have a reservation at OKW for Nov 25-Dec 2, two bedroom villa and made sure I met the qualification for FD. I've just spent 2:20 minutes on the hold to be told the same.
Does that strike anyone as odd?

Before today's drop I calculated the cost of our trip:
Room rack-rate plus taxes (Pop Century)
4 day park hoppers plus taxes x 3
Dining upgrade (3 people per night)
Total = $3723
Todays price with free dining should be $3723, right? Nope, $4350
I would recheck your reservation to see if the free dining was added

Ok I think I'm done trying to fool with the website for the day. Hopefully something opens up by the time I get home and if not I'll try later. Maybe I'll call tonight. :sad2:

I was able to modify my reservation at POP online fairly easily at 4am. The DIS was down at the time I was modifying so I wasn't able to check to see how others were doing. The total price of our trip went up about $60 but I was OK with that to get FD. The only bummer is that we now have to pay the nightly parking fee. I knew it was going to happen, but it still made me a little sad.

Good luck to all of you still working on getting it! Have faith!! pixiedust:

Has anyone been able to add free dinning to an existing reservation? The website would only allow me free dinning if I started a new reservation and paid 3K more than the package I bought 4 months ago. I have a reservation at OKW for Nov 25-Dec 2, two bedroom villa and made sure I met the qualification for FD. I've just spent 2:20 minutes on the hold to be told the same.
Yes had no problems

Need some help on the RO discount. Our stay is on Nov so the RO hasn’t released yet. Will there be another link for that or will it be on this link?

Do you mean will this free dining thread be talking about room discounts? If so, probably not. Just keep a watchful eye on the restaurant board. Someone will post when it comes out.

What date does the US FD promo start? Canada is Aug 2.

Aug 20

I got an email confirmation, but FD is not showing up on My Reservations page online. Should I be worried?
You may have had the same thing happen to you as it did to me this morning.??? Over the months, I have checked on pricing & so there was already something in my cart. When I went through the Special Offers, through the Free Dining offer, it took me through the hotels & I clicked the one I wanted (CBR) & since it was already in my cart (and I didn't realize it), it simply used what was in there & didn't give me the Free Dining. When I saw the reservation completed, it didn't have anything about dining plans. I quickly wrote an email to them but realized by the time they got to my question, no more free dining might be available. At that point, I started trying to revise my reservation & found the Free Dining offer & had to click on it as well as adding the minimum requirements for everything. Then it went through & told me I now have the complimentary free dining. Hope this is helpful to others!

The only things I can think of is the ticket price increase and possibly the package you booked 4 months ago had some kind of room discount or room prices increased since you booked. Keep what you booked and pay OOP for food!!

I got up at 5:03 and was done modifying at 5:06!! I feel very fortunate I was able to keep my Standard room at Pop.

I also had the glitch where I clicked free dining but it didn't actually apply the promo. After trying again, it worked and I confirmed my modification. Got a confirmation email a minute later.

This was my first time trying to get free dining so I expected to have a lot more glitches and wasn't expecting availability for a standard room. Thanks again for the tips shared here! Doing my happy dance! :flower1: I hope everyone else got what they wanted/picks up a reservation later if you weren't able to this morning.

I went through the same thing. Try to change dining plan and did not realize I had to change package offer to free dining and it worked perfectly.

Did any see RO discounts for Poly??
There is a RO discount for the poly for "most nights" Aug 2 til Oct 7th. It is 15% off. It is on the web page now listed as "get ready to play big and save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney resort hotels". The 15% includes the WL, CR and Poly for the deluxes. The GF, BWI, BC, YC and AKL that are included in FD are 25% off with RO discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter