2018 Discount Offers

Tifflovesdisney

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am trying to decide between booking a DVC rental or direct through Disney for the beginning of 2018. Does anyone know when they historically release the discount offers for the beginning of the next year? Thank you!!!

I would also consider in your equation whether or not you will rent a car. If so, you will save $37 per day on parking with a DVC rental over booking direct with Disney. You also will no have to pay for Disney excursions if you had planned on doing something on the island instead of just hang out at Aulani.

When I visited the resort, I asked that same questions and they told me that discounts are typically released six months out.

I'm pretty confident you will still get a better deal renting points than you would through any promotions. That has been the case the last two times we have gone. However, for our second trip we tried renting points a day after the 7 month mark and there were no options available for our week so we had to book cash. The package via Costco ended up being slightly better priced than directly through Disney.

With my husband's job schedule we would have to buy the cancellation insurance if we went DVC points, that would add almost $600.00. If Disney offers the 30% off they have going on now, that takes the price to about the same as renting DVC. Then, adding the parking is less than the cancellation insurance. If they don't offer the 30%, DVC is better. Once you decide to go, you want to book right away and waiting for them to post their offers is killing me! Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it!!

@Tifflovesdisney I am sure you already know this but you can always book your stay with Disney directly as soon as the offer comes out and then cancel at least 5 days prior to check in if you find you decide to do the DVC points instead.

From the Aulani website
In order to receive a full refund of your deposit for a “room only” booking—including credit card deposit transactions—notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date.

The rules are different on vacation packages including when you add insurance

However, please note that in the case of a vacation package—or if you have booked other components with your room such as flight, car rental, travel insurance, etc.—the required notification timeframe is 30 days or more, with a $400 cancel fee if notice is 29 days or less

@Tifflovesdisney I am sure you already know this but you can always book your stay with Disney directly as soon as the offer comes out and then cancel at least 5 days prior to check in if you find you decide to do the DVC points instead.

From the Aulani website
In order to receive a full refund of your deposit for a “room only” booking—including credit card deposit transactions—notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date.

The rules are different on vacation packages including when you add insurance

However, please note that in the case of a vacation package—or if you have booked other components with your room such as flight, car rental, travel insurance, etc.—the required notification timeframe is 30 days or more, with a $400 cancel fee if notice is 29 days or less

Yes, thank you though. I am more worried about the DVC selling out but I think I am going to book direct and just take my chances until the offers roll out and then see what option is best. Thank you so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter