2017ers?

We're planning our 3rd trip- possibly Easter 2017 (having to work around ds's school schedule). Our 1st WDW trip was the 2nd week of Nov. 2013 @ the Polynesian. Then we went Thanksgiving week 2015 @ the Beach Club. We know Easter will be crazy busy, but looking at ds's school schedule, we don't have many options as I don't want him to miss too many days. Love hearing everyone's experiences and plans for the coming year! :)

We're planning our 3rd trip- possibly Easter 2017 (having to work around ds's school schedule). Our 1st WDW trip was the 2nd week of Nov. 2013 @ the Polynesian. Then we went Thanksgiving week 2015 @ the Beach Club. We know Easter will be crazy busy, but looking at ds's school schedule, we don't have many options as I don't want him to miss too many days. Love hearing everyone's experiences and plans for the coming year! :)

We were in WDW this past Easter and we had a fabulous trip! We split our week with a few days in Clearwater and only spent two days in the parks. We did HS on Easter Sunday and MK on Easter Monday and could not have had a better time. Now my daughters are 16 and 13 so we were able to do marathon days:) My biggest piece of advice is get there early, rope drop or EMH if possible. Though it was a holiday week we got so much accomplished before we began using FPs late morning/ early afternoon. After we used our FPs we did secure a 4th and we spent much of the remainder of the day on "low wait" attractions and shows. We had leisurely dinners (with ADRs) and left the parks during fireworks. That was our 6th trip to WDW and two of the best days we ever spent in the parks. Do not fear the crowds- with a plan, some FPs and and early start you can have an amazing time!

We were in WDW this past Easter and we had a fabulous trip! We split our week with a few days in Clearwater and only spent two days in the parks. We did HS on Easter Sunday and MK on Easter Monday and could not have had a better time. Now my daughters are 16 and 13 so we were able to do marathon days:) My biggest piece of advice is get there early, rope drop or EMH if possible. Though it was a holiday week we got so much accomplished before we began using FPs late morning/ early afternoon. After we used our FPs we did secure a 4th and we spent much of the remainder of the day on "low wait" attractions and shows. We had leisurely dinners (with ADRs) and left the parks during fireworks. That was our 6th trip to WDW and two of the best days we ever spent in the parks. Do not fear the crowds- with a plan, some FPs and and early start you can have an amazing time!

Thanks for this! If we go over Easter (don't have the exact dates set yet), we'll probably go the week before and leave a day or 2 before Easter Sunday- possibly.... We usually get to the parks early and leave around lunch or so when the crowds start to pick up, go back to the resort to swim/break and then head back at night too. My ds doesn't like big rides, so I think it helps that we won't be going after many of the headliner type rides. Plus, we're ok with not seeing and doing everything- iit just gives us another reason to make another tip back! :flower1: We're hoping to be able to stay at the poly (like we did on our 1st trip in 2013) because the monorail made it alot easier getting back to the hotel for breaks and such.

I'm so happy to hear that you had a great Easter trip!! pixiedust: I love hearing stories like this! :)

We'll be there 3/10/17-3/19/17 staying at the Beach Club.
We'll be there 11/22/17-11/27/17 for our annual Thanksgiving trip.

Plan to be heading back when this baby (due in one week, woot!) is 1.5 yrs old, for Xmas week 2017. Probably will stay AKL again, maybe renting points if we can find some available because I would love to have a kitchen and in-room washer and dryer with two kids.

10/25/17-11/3/17...Our Grand Floridian Budget-Buster Extravaganza!!! Will be getting the regular dining plan, going to a Halloween Party, food/wine, trying the new restaurants at Disney Springs and anything else they can throw at us!

The two of us and then my sister joining us for last 4 nights, with possible others.

Been saving for this for a while!:teeth:

We are going August 2017, our first time offsite Windsor Hills! A lot has changed since we stayed at AoA in October 2012, so excited!

We have booked (paid off) our Dopey Challenge trip (2 Jan thru 9 Jan, 2017). We are staying onsite at the Yacht Club and it will be our 9th trip (3rd as APer's). We always do the deluxe dining plan and after doing the Dopey my DW deserves it. :)

We have started looking at our 8th anniversary trip for Sept. 2017. It will be our 10th trip and 4th as APer's unless I can talk my DW into an extended weekend trip at some point during the year. Dates are not clear yet. We will be staying onsite and more than likely at the Contemporary with a Theme Park View (DW is paying off her student loans in Feb. 2017 and wants to celebrate). I'm guessing it will be the last week of Sept. into Oct. or the second to last week in Sept. We always try and go to at least one MNSSHP and then multiple days at the F&W Festival. We will also be doing the deluxe dining plan for this trip.

We have booked (paid off) our Dopey Challenge trip (2 Jan thru 9 Jan, 2017). We are staying onsite at the Yacht Club and it will be our 9th trip (3rd as APer's). We always do the deluxe dining plan and after doing the Dopey my DW deserves it. :)

We have started looking at our 8th anniversary trip for Sept. 2017. It will be our 10th trip and 4th as APer's unless I can talk my DW into an extended weekend trip at some point during the year. Dates are not clear yet. We will be staying onsite and more than likely at the Contemporary with a Theme Park View (DW is paying off her student loans in Feb. 2017 and wants to celebrate). I'm guessing it will be the last week of Sept. into Oct. or the second to last week in Sept. We always try and go to at least one MNSSHP and then multiple days at the F&W Festival. We will also be doing the deluxe dining plan for this trip.

I have 4+ years left on my student loans! I just might buy DVC with all that extra money lol :)

Feb 25-Mar 2, we'll be at CSR. It's our 3rd trip in 3 years, and this time we get to bring some first-timers. My BIL, his wife, and my niece and nephew are coming with us, and I'm pumped! I'm the planner. It's our 2nd stay at CSR...we love that place!

I have 4+ years left on my student loans! I just might buy DVC with all that extra money lol :)

My DW will be paying hers off 7 years early. :) We have been lucky to work for companies the have not gone through layoffs over the last 10+ years and we make sure that our monthly bills are at a minimum (lowest satellite tv, internet, cell phone, etc.. plans that suit our needs). Combined our incomes are in the middle-class (maybe slightly above the average middle class two income homes) but we have doubled up payments every other month on her loans and my in-laws have made an extra payment here and there as birthday/christmas gifts. The one thing we have splurged on is our WDW trips as we have done one each year we have been married.

We have discussed DVC also but may wait a few years until all of the Wilderness Lodge are completed. That gives us time to save up and pay cash for it rather than finance.

Last edited:
We are planning an October 2017 trip, staying at Beach Club Resort. This will be my 6th trip and DH & DD's 2nd trip to Disney.

Hmmm-IF all goes well - my DD is planning on applying for a DCP for fall 2017. Have never been to WDW during fall/halloween etc. So possibly a year from this month we may be dropping her off at Vista Way. And it has been a loooonnngg time since I've seen MK decked out for Christmas...

We've never been to DLR and I am trying to convince her to apply for internship there-but Nope! She is a WDW princess LOL!

We are planning a September 2017 trip. It will be my 18th trip, DH 1st, my parents 20th. I want to stay at the Beach Club, my DH doesn't much care, and my parents wants to stay at the MK resort. Either Wildreness Lodge or the Polynesian. DH and I get the military discount so they have to go wherever the discount applies.

On the other hand, my mom and I go in a few weeks! The 3rd week of September.

We are going June 2017, taking a group of 18 (all family). This is my tenth trip to WDW but have also done Disneyland a few times and Aulani. We only stay onsite but some people really enjoy offsite. I like not having to drive, some don't like the Disney transportation and prefer to drive each day, just really depends on what suits your family. We've stayed at All Stars, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdom Villas, Old Key West and the Grand Floridian. For our next trip are staying three nights at the Art of Animation Family Suites and six nights at Bay Lake Tower. All of the resorts are nice, I've heard Port Orleans is great but haven't stayed there yet. Best of luck!

We are booked for the Poly 1/19 - 1/28! We stayed at the AKL the last 2 times and it was amazing! Definitely worth a try!

This upcoming trip is 7 for me and 4 for hubby & son. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter