2017ers?

AWholeNewW0rld

Earning My Ears
Good evening DISers,

Any of y'all planning a 2017 trip? If so, when are you going? Are you staying on-site? Is this your first trip or 10th? or 20th? We are planning for May of 2017 and this will be our 2nd trip. The first time in July of 2011 we stayed off site, but this time want to be in the middle of it all. Any suggestions? Thanks to all of you!

I'm planning June 2017....but first am still in planning stages of my July 2016 trip lol. June 2017 will be my 10th trip to WDW. Each trip has been for 2 weeks, except the one in 2013 where I did 5 days at WDW and 7 days on the Disney Fantasy!
I will likely plan to stay at Wlderness Lodge next year, unless I really love Port Orleans-Riverside this year!

Where are you thinking you might like to stay? There's nothing like being in the magic 24/7!! My first 2 trips I stayed offsite....but once I stayed onsite for my 3rd trip I haven't been offsite since!!

11th trip coming up for DD's (I've been more times as a child but can't remember). We've stayed at All Star Sports, POP, PO Riverside, PO French Quarter (this is our usual spot), Beach Club, cruises on Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) and Magic (Western Caribbean), and trying Contemporary our next trip. Our next trip (August 2016) is actually a triple stay (Contemporary, Beach Club and PO Riverside). We've also stayed off site twice. We definitely prefer staying in the middle of the magic::yes::
Our plans for August 2017 are the 12 night Disney Mediterranean cruise!
Our favourite resort, hands down, is PO French Quarter. We love Disney Springs and the boat from POFQ to Disney Springs is lovely.
Good luck making a decision:wave2:

We are looking at Animal Kingdom lodge, but with the high prices we wouldn't stay as long as we would if we were to stay at one of the cheaper resorts like pop century or sports.

In all honesty...I would always pick a longer trip at a lesser expensive resort over a shorter trip at a deluxe resort. I only stay deluxe if I get a killer deal and can afford it as I always want the 2 weeks. I've stayed at value resorts in the past. I dont stay at them now, only because they have double beds, not queen beds.

We are excited to be officially planning our first family trip to Disney World! DH and I have taken 3 trips to Disney together (May 2013, October 2014 honeymoon, April 2015) but this will be the first with our son. He was born 2 weeks ago and we are looking at going when he is 18 months old. We plan to stay onsite at Pop, like always, to use a car service to and from the airport (with a stop at Publix for drinks snacks and whatever stuff baby needs), and to rely on Disney transportation for the rest of it. It will certainly be a different trip from previous times when we rode BTMRR 8 times in a row with no wait during EMH, as now we will be going at his speed and by his schedule. We could end up chasing a lizard for 2 hours, who knows? We definitely plan on using Rider Swap for the few rides the baby can't do (what a great service!). At this point unsure how long if a trip it will be, we usually do 10-14 days but we typically do Universal for a few days. We decided there is too much our son cannot do at Universal so its not worth the money to if we just end up riding everything alone. At least we can do the majority of rides/shows at Disney as a family (though DH and I are bummed to miss Universal and the new King Kong ride).

We are planning a May 3 thru May 11, 2017 trip to celebrate our 48th Wedding Anniversary. We will be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, our 2nd stay there. Overall, this will be our 9th trip to Disney World.

Last edited:
We will be there Jan/Feb 2017. This will be my 5th trip - 1998, 2000, 2006, 2015. Can't wait. Planning is part of the fun. Good luck with your planning.

Planning on first week of May '17 staying at Poly and AKL.
Our 2nd trip as a family (went in Jan and stayed at Contemporary)

But I have been on 4 other trips to WDW as a child/young adult.
Have always stayed on site.
Wouldn't have it any other way :)

We are booked at Fort Wilderness February 26th through March 4th. This will be our 6th WDW trip but we've been to DLR more times than I can count. We always stay onsite, it just works best for our family plus you cannot beat the prices at Fort Wilderness, especially since we have our own trailer and camp for almost every vacation we go on.

Staying onsite is so much fun, it really gives you flexibility and there are so many different resort options. Good luck and enjoy!

We are planning 10 days in March 2017, and are hoping to stay at Polynesian. Possibly club level, lol, still trying to convince hubby of that. This will be our 5th family trip to the World and our 3rd trip staying on site. We have previously stayed at The Contemporary and The Grand Floridian so its only natural that now we must stay at the Poly, lol

Just DD & I are booked at SSR Jan 2-6. We are hoping to run the 5K. I'll see what's available & try to waitlist either BCV or BWV at the 7 month mark, but if not we're super excited for our first stay at our home resort!

We are tentatively planning August 2017. We haven't chosen dates yet... and we're going to wait and see the deals we can get before we decide where we'll stay... BUT we loved the Contemporary last time we went, so we're hoping to be able to afford it again. Otherwise we might return to POFQ, which we also loved...
It'll be 4th trip for my DS, (and his last as a Disney "child") 3rd for DD, and at least 10 for me (Lost count along the way!!)

We are going to WDW next month, but we are already talking about April 2017....trying to decide between WDW or DL. Unfortunately, next year the Massachusetts school break in April falls the same week as Easter (that doesn't always happen) and bc my DH is a teacher we are stuck with school breaks for vacations. I'm trying to figure out of DL might be the better option over Easter. I've done WDW at Easter so I know how cray cray MK can get with crowds.
I've been to WDW about 11 or 12 times starting when I was 7 years old in '85. I've been to DL twice. My husband and our 5 and 7 year old DS's have been to WDW once and DL once.

We are looking at Animal Kingdom lodge, but with the high prices we wouldn't stay as long as we would if we were to stay at one of the cheaper resorts like pop century or sports.

Personally, I would go for a longer trip and a cheaper resort. If you're anything like us, you'll spend most of your time in the parks, not at the hotel.

We will probably/hopefully go back to Orlando next year. Because of the drop in the Canadian dollar, this year isn't very feasible. At least we would have Pandora as a brand new land.

Early April 2017 for us! 2nd trip to WDW. Stayed offsite last time but staying onsite this time. We haven't picked a resort yet, but we are interested in the Poly, WL and AKL. We were leaning towards Poly, but then my son saw pics of AKL and said he really wanted to stay there so now really leaning towards AKL.

We have reservations at the GF for May 12-15 and AKL May 19-22, 2017 (we are going on a cruise in between). Taking my mom for mother's day :)

I'm planning on doing the Dopey in January! I don't even know how many times I've been to Disney but I'll say it's my 6th time as an adult and first time staying onsite! We're getting AP and I'm already planning on doing both the Light and Dark Side races!!!!

We are going in May 2017! This will be our 3rd trip and we are still deciding where we want to stay, my vote is for BC! :)

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter