2017ers?

We are planning to go in May 2017! This will be our 4th trip. We've stayed at Pop Century (July 2010), Cabins at Fort Wilderness (May 2013), Wilderness Lodge (May 2014), and we will head back to the Wilderness Lodge in 2017! We love the Wilderness Lodge!

January 19-29 here for my youngest daughter's birthday!!!! Hoping to stay at the Poly if I can get a good room discount!

We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip for Feb, 2017. Our family has gone to DLR the last two years, but skipped this year to save up for WDW. Hubby and I honeymooned at WDW almost 15 years ago. We stayed at the Beach Club and it was a-mazing. We'll be staying off site because we have a timeshare option and can't justify spending $$$ when we can stay for free elsewhere. My only worry is the shuttle situation. When we did DLR, we went back to the hotel every afternoon for naps. (My kids are currently 2,5,7,&9.) I've heard most of the offsite hotels only have shuttles in the morning and evening. But, my youngest will be 3.5 by then, so maybe we'll be ok. I'm so excited and wish it wasn't 11 months away!!

We're going in late June to celebrate DH's parents' 50th anniversary. It will be my family of 4, the in-laws, BIL and his family of 4, and SIL's parents. Right now we are planning on staying at AoA Family Suites.

Cancelling April 2016 and going April 2017. We will stay offsite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek since we own a timeshare there. We can't ever justify staying onsite. Prices are crazy. Our last trip was May 2015 with our 2 kids and we're so excited to come back next year with our littlest new addition to the family :yay:

This will be my fourth trip to Disney and our first time staying onsite. We rented DVC points as will be staying at SSR. We are going end of Jan through beginning of February and I can't wait! It will be our youngest's (11 months right now) first trip and our other three girls' (7,5 & 3 currently) second.

I will be there the first week of January. It is my second trip but I was four the last time I went. 20 years is a long time so I'm super psyched. Not sure about accommodations yet. We are going to talk to a travel agent tomorrow about the trip.

Hoping to book our 2017 trip (well, my 2017 trip- no DH next time, he's off to Canada with my MIL, I'm hitting WDW with my Mum for her first visit) in a couple of weeks. It'll be another August trip, hopefully booking CSR again! Can't wait! Bring on 21st! I want to book!!!

Doing a 10 year anniversary trip to either WDW or DL probably around May. Without the kids and will probably just be a long weekend so we'll get to stay in a resort that usually would have been out of reach for budgetary reasons. Thinking WL, BW or AKL if we WDW and DLH or GC if we do DL.

When do they start allowing you to book 2017? On both WDW and DL sites it currently only lets you go to December 2016.

Doing a 10 year anniversary trip to either WDW or DL probably around May. Without the kids and will probably just be a long weekend so we'll get to stay in a resort that usually would have been out of reach for budgetary reasons. Thinking WL, BW or AKL if we WDW and DLH or GC if we do DL.

When do they start allowing you to book 2017? On both WDW and DL sites it currently only lets you go to December 2016.

I believe the packages come out sometime in June/July, but if you want to book a room only ressie you can do that now, you would just have to call Disney up to do it.

We're planning on June 2017 to celebrate my kids high school graduation. We'll be definitely staying onsite. I would love to stay at one of the deluxe resorts, but will probably end up staying at CBR.

Depends on where you are traveling from. I can book through the end of 2017 if I want, but am waiting for the 2017 Free Dining packages to open up in a couple of weeks.

We are going in May 2017 to celebrate a college graduation, a milestone birthday and an anniversary that are all happening in May! Don't have firm dates yet, but I think it will be an 8 day trip. We are staying on site again after the last few trips off site. I am thinking about POR, because we want to try a new place. This will be the seventh trip for the boys, eighth for DH, and I lost track of how many visits as a kid that I made.:-)

Last edited:
I just finished up my 2016 trip last week and I'm already mentally preparing for my next trip -- hopefully in 2017!! There were some great attractions that I didn't get a chance to do during my latest trip due to their construction or refurbishment, so another trip is in order for me! Looking forward to Soarin' and Frozen in Epcot and Rivers of Light in AK!

Depends on where you are traveling from. I can book through the end of 2017 if I want, but am waiting for the 2017 Free Dining packages to open up in a couple of weeks.
We are booking tomorrow through AAA but since we are booking our first night for December 31st, we can book our 2017 trip. I think the rest of booking opens up in a couple of months for 2017 trips.

We are booking tomorrow through AAA but since we are booking our first night for December 31st, we can book our 2017 trip. I think the rest of booking opens up in a couple of months for 2017 trips.

As I said, it depends on where you are traveling from. The whole of 2017 has been open to book for UK guests for months.

I'm planning for late Aug/early Sept 2017. I was hoping to do spring this time but spring break next year is the week leading up to Easter and I don't want to deal with those crowds. So back to the rainy (but lower crowds and prices!) late August it is for us! I think with older children (they'll be 4 and 8) and no grandparents along the rain will be easier to deal with. At least that's what I'm telling myself. ;)

This will be my girls 3rd & 4th trips, and me & DW's 5th trip together. It will be my 11th trip, counting childhood trips. I'm hoping to rent DVC points or otherwise get a deal to stay at either Boardwalk or Beach Club.

We are in town for WWE Wrestlemania and staying off-site for a week during that event and then moving to an 8 night on-site stay, DD4 and I will probably do 10 park days and DH and DS7 will probably do 8 (they will be at lots of wrestling events)

I have booked AoA Little Mermaid room, but we are considering 1-bed DVC suite with rented points.

I can't wait!!!!!!

Good evening DISers,

Any of y'all planning a 2017 trip? If so, when are you going? Are you staying on-site? Is this your first trip or 10th? or 20th? We are planning for May of 2017 and this will be our 2nd trip. The first time in July of 2011 we stayed off site, but this time want to be in the middle of it all. Any suggestions? Thanks to all of you!

2nd Trip, staying March 1-6 on rented points at OKW and then a cruise on the Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise. The wait will kill me!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter