2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

So, guess what? Sept 14th just opened up for dining packages and they said no WOC for that night in DCA. It literally shows every other night. My theory is #1 A Halloween WOC overlay for the 15th? or just closing early to prep for Halloween or #2 There is a cast event because it seems all restaurants are closing before 5!!!

That was the only day we were in DCA! BOO! With all the ride overlays = closures going up that week, plus the shorter park hours, kinda shoots our vacation a bit :guilty: But it is still better than work!:laundy:

What are your theories?
I think it's the annual cast member party/legacy awards celebration. Boo. We will be there 13-16th...on the 14th I guess we will just have to head over to Disneyland and if that's too crowded hit Trader Sam's for cocktails.

I think it's the annual cast member party/legacy awards celebration. Boo. We will be there 13-16th...on the 14th I guess we will just have to head over to Disneyland and if that's too crowded hit Trader Sam's for cocktails.
I though the legacy award party was July 5th? I swear I saw a *non official* blog post about it with pics.

I was reeeeallly hoping that WOC would be getting a touch of Halloween, I would totally excuse a closure on the 14th for that :maleficen but, I'm guessing that would have been announced already. We can always hope they sneak something in though!

So of course Halloween will start Sept 15, as our day at the parks will be Sept 14... >:( We are considering adding an extra day to our ticket and going to DCA during the day before we fly back to Australia on the 15th. Would love to see it decked out for Halloween.

I wished I didn't book my hotel and already pay for my flight. The $120 coat is ridiculous!! It's $31 more than I paid last year. It's ridiculous!! I was already planning to go next year and am now thinking it might not be a good idea to go 10/31 as we planned as the cost for the later dates get higher and higher.

I though the legacy award party was July 5th? I swear I saw a *non official* blog post about it with pics.

Maybe you're right... either way I'm peeved they are making the short park hours even shorter that night. Especially since, even if they do a special WOC Halloween overlay, I'm already planning on doing Fantastmic! on Friday night.

OMG... they're having the first party on my last day in the parks as rumored! I wasn't expecting a party on our trip (9/17-21 with the 21st being a full travel day). And my husband has greenlit us going to the party!! Guess he enjoyed the MNSSHP at WDW last year. ;)
:dancer:

Can anyone please confirm if AP holders are able to purchase E-tickets during the pre-sale so as to avoid shipping fees?

I had to laugh yesterday. About 30-45 minutes after the Carsland overlay was announced, I saw that the Disneyland Resort posted it's Halloween information on Twitter and the website. I can imagine some Disneyland cast member sitting with the information loaded and ready to be released, finger hovering, shaking over the "Enter" key just waiting for John Lasseter to share the news. Well, I'm glad we finally know.

We were hoping to choose between a party on a Monday or Wednesday and pushed our hotel dates to a week later because of that. It looks like Disney made the decision for us by making one available for our trip on a Tuesday. :-) So, fingers crossed that I can score some tickets for the party on October 3rd. I'm looking forward to the point in everyone's planning that the tickets are ordered and we can start sharing our costume ideas and other fun stuff.

We were hoping to choose between a party on a Monday or Wednesday and pushed our hotel dates to a week later because of that. It looks like Disney made the decision for us by making one available for our trip on a Tuesday. :-) So, fingers crossed that I can score some tickets for the party on October 3rd. I'm looking forward to the point in everyone's planning that the tickets are ordered and we can start sharing our costume ideas and other fun stuff.

We were planning for an Oct. 2 party, so it looks like we will be there on Oct. 3 as well. I am going to try to get tickets this week with the Disney Visa.

We were planning for an Oct. 2 party, so it looks like we will be there on Oct. 3 as well. I am going to try to get tickets this week with the Disney Visa.
Report back por favor!

ETA: oh gosh, my Californian is showing today. Sometimes I forget the whole world is not from California and therefore doesn't randomly insert Spanish into conversations. But it was funny so I kept it up :) Report back please!

Report back por favor!

ETA: oh gosh, my Californian is showing today. Sometimes I forget the whole world is not from California and therefore doesn't randomly insert Spanish into conversations. But it was funny so I kept it up :) Report back please!

HAHA!!! My husband is from Argentina so I knew what you were saying! LOL

From past experience, how late can I make dinner reservations for a party night in which I don't plan on buying Party tickets? If the party starts at 6pm, can I make 6pm reservations for dinner and then leave after we eat?

I was under the impression that we could access BOTH parks during the actual party - which I saw the benefit in doing. But just access to the park beforehand? The price is too high. And no AP discount for most parties is kind of a slap in the face. After talking with my kids and hubby, we decided to put the extra money towards our Christmas trip. Between the hotel stay and party tickets, we can upgrade to CL at the GCH for our Christmas trip. Oh well. It's sad to think this may be the last year we could do a party at Disneyland (if rumors are true it moves to DCA next year). But my kids don't even seem excited about Halloween and are so focused on going during the holidays - I just can't justify the cost. :(

Does anyone know why scalpers aren't selling tickets for Walt Disney World's Halloween party on eBay? I know it was big business last year, but now there are none listed this year. I kinda hope eBay shut it down, it was ridiculous when people bought up a whole bunch of tickets and then sold them at a huge markup.

No kids discount ticket prices for MHP?
Sadly it has always been a flat ticket price.

So of course Halloween will start Sept 15, as our day at the parks will be Sept 14... >:( We are considering adding an extra day to our ticket and going to DCA during the day before we fly back to Australia on the 15th. Would love to see it decked out for Halloween.
You can get 10 day tickets through travel agent on OZ, they arent much more than a 5 day hopper, not sure what tickets you were planning on or how many days you have but we love having extra up our sleeve so we can just go in for a few hours etc

was under the impression that we could access BOTH parks during the actual party - which I saw the benefit in doing. But just access to the park beforehand?
And maybe you can, there just maybe no point in doing so.

I keep seeing a few questions or comments pop up (either here or in different threads that people are creating), even though they have been addressed a few times. So, here we go again...

1. As for how quickly any of the MHP tickets will sell out -- No one really knows what will happen this year. Because of the strange pricing and fewer party nights this year, with only 3 nights offering prices under $100, one could guess that those cheaper nights might sell out faster than other nights. But who knows? All I can tell you is that it *usually* takes a while for the first sellout to occur. Last year, I think it was almost one month before there was a sellout, though I could be remembering incorrectly.

In this case I am going to refer you to figment_jii's info from 2016, where the sellout dates of the Halloween Party nights were tracked -- https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...-school-breaks-and-dlr.3434866/#post-54158585

You can see how quickly each night sold out, and which one did not sell out.

Normally, I would refer people to my previous Halloween Time Superthreads for that info or other Halloween Time info, but last year I got busy with things, and stopped tracking the sellouts after a certain point (in fact, someone else edited my Superthread, unbeknownst to me, and filled in some of the other sellout dates -- which is handy!) -- mainly because I knew that figment_jii was also tracking the sellouts in the Calendar/School Break thread, and it didn't seem like a good use of time for two people to be tracking the same exact MHP sellout info in two different places! It seemed easier and more streamlined for one person to be doing it in one place. So, refer to figment_jii's 2016 thread for the sellout dates in 2016 and the 2 years prior -- it is very helpful!!

2. Discounted MHP tickets -- the prices you see on the Disneyland website are what they are. There are no additional discounts beyond what you see (unless something changes this year). So, if you opt for one of the less expensive nights, that IS the discount, assuming you use an AP, a Disney Visa or your Disney Vacation Club credentials to order the tickets -- or just decide to attend MHP on a less expensive night for the general public. You will not get another discount on top of the already lower price.

3. Disney Visa advance purchases -- Again, something could be different this year. Who knows? Things have already been a bit kooky as far as dates and when info was posted on the DLR site, and the lack of a Parks Blog announcement, etc. BUT... as I keep saying over and over and over, regardless of what is mentioned on the Disneyland website, if everything runs as it has run in previous years, you should be able to use your Disney Visa to get a discount on one of the discounted nights as of tomorrow morning, July 17th, when the AP holders can order. Likewise, Disney Vacation Club folks can order then too.

BUT.. the Disney Visa people generally have to order on the phone lines whereas AP people can order via an online link.

Even if, for some crazy reason, Disney Visa people and DVC members could not order tomorrow morning when the AP holders can, waiting one week won't make a big difference.

See last year's Parks Blog, where Erin mentions DVC and Disney Visa people being able to order when the AP holders order tickets, BUT someone in the comments reports back after ordering with a Disney Visa and says she waited about 25 minutes (on the phone). She also gives the phone number that she called, which was (714) 781-7277 -- https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...eyland-resort-september-9-through-october-31/

You should probably be able to call any main number to DLR and get transferred to the ticket line. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/phone/

4. Time of day that tickets go on sale -- This has varied through the years. Sometimes AP holders can order online not long after midnight, Disneyland time. Sometimes it has been later in the morning. The people who order over the phone have to wait until the phone lines open, but since the call center hours were supposedly extended for this upcoming week, who knows how early that will be? Maybe 7 a.m.? Maybe earlier? Maybe 8 a.m.? Not sure.

Phone orders will possibly incur a shipping charge, but there might not be any way to avoid that if the phone is the only option for ordering.

I wonder if more dates will not sell out as fast this year with the price of the tickets going way up this year. Next year I might only be able to afford 2 party nights. I'm saving up to go to Alaska next June so what is left over I'm going to save for MHP tickets. I didn't save this year and I'm going to have to buy two party tickets in September. September is a month I only get payed one that month so it will be tight getting two tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!