2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

It's for the parade viewing I believe, which they did last year and most people felt it had little value as parade seating wasn't too difficult to find.

I wonder though if ge feedback was that it wasn't great value would they change it up again.

Well no Monday night party- flying in from
East coast Friday morning no way the kids would make it until midnight and we leave Tuesday.
Family of 6 at $105/ticket we want all the hours... I'm so bummed.

I just looked at the special events section on the website and it says this:

Mickey's Halloween Party
Select Nights September to October 2017

Get ready to trick-or-treat at this frightfully fun event featuring spectacular fireworks, dancing and photo ops with some popular Disney Characters. Purchase of a separate event admission ticket is required to attend. General admission tickets go on sale July 24, 2017, while signed-in Annual Passholders can purchase special pre-sale tickets starting July 17, 2017.

Can someone help me find a FE group for Disney Magic October14,2017? I have searched all different ways and can't find anything.please help!!!!!

This thread has been zipping along since the info came in! Now... if we could just get the official Disney Parks Blog about it....

I find myself continuing to look at the MHP prices again and again, because I keep thinking that I am missing something, or somehow reading something the wrong way. I am seeing -- out of all 14 party nights -- that only 3 of those nights have any prices under $100, correct? And those 3 nights are only in September. Yikes.

:faint::faint::scared1::scared1:

I can't even go this year during Halloween (we are booked for November this year- Christmas time-YAY!!) but I'm trying to decide which week I want to go next year for Halloween time. The last time I planned a trip in October I planned on 2 Halloween parties during the week (based on the previous year) and Disney changed it to 3. This time it's back to 2. It's really frustrating that Disney keeps changing it up when I have to decide so far in advance when to go :( At least I like 2 in a week better - but now if they'd only keep it the same for next year for my planning purposes.

I find myself continuing to look at the MHP prices again and again, because I keep thinking that I am missing something, or somehow reading something the wrong way. I am seeing -- out of all 14 party nights -- that only 3 of those nights have any prices under $100, correct? And those 3 nights are only in September. Yikes.

:faint::faint::scared1::scared1:

And when I had first read the info I had thought well the party is in both parks so that makes sense, but if you can only access (or would want to access) DCA in the 3 hours before party time it doesn't seem like a reasonable hike.

I wonder about them cutting out 3 parties but still making the same amount of money....

And when I had first read the info I had thought well the party is in both parks so that makes sense, but if you can only access (or would want to access) DCA in the 3 hours before party time it doesn't seem like a reasonable hike.

I wonder about them cutting out 3 parties but still making the same amount of money....

I can completely see how you thought that the party would be in both parks, by the way that specific sentence (which you pointed out in a post) was worded. The way they phrased it, it made it seem like party guests could access both parks with a special ticket during the party. In fact, my first thought was.... well, how much extra is the special ticket? I thought it would be something separate from the regular MHP tickets.

But you're right -- these specific price increases for only one park during the party seem extreme. Nothing is being added into MHP this year that wasn't there last year, as far as we know. Same party. Same park. So, I guess these tickets are targeted at the people who want a small taste of DCA's Halloween decor, but who are mainly just focused on the actual party. They would have time to run to DCA and see what's there for the season, and then get back to DL in time for the party.

The problem is that the people who had only planned to do the party in DL that day, and were going to do DCA on a different day, will be paying extra money for their MHP ticket to just go to one park.

I can completely see how you thought that the party would be in both parks, by the way that specific sentence (which you pointed out in a post) was worded. The way they phrased it, it made it seem like party guests could access both parks with a special ticket during the party. In fact, my first thought was.... well, how much extra is the special ticket? I thought it would be something separate from the regular MHP tickets.

But you're right -- these specific price increases for only one park during the party seem extreme. Nothing is being added into MHP this year that wasn't there last year, as far as we know. Same party. Same park. So, I guess these tickets are targeted at the people who want a small taste of DCA's Halloween decor, but who are mainly just focused on the actual party. They would have time to run to DCA and see what's there for the season, and then get back to DL in time for the party.

The problem is that the people who had only planned to do the party in DL that day, and were going to do DCA on a different day, will be paying extra money for their MHP ticket to just go to one park.

I agree, and I am really struggling with the decision of a 2nd party at that cost.
I do wonder if we will find that there is some party component at DCA-specifically as I wondered before the old toontown preparty. And this may not be something we know about until the 20th.
But I think this could be a good way of bridging the party over to DCA next year.

Wow. I really am coming off the Halloween party high. I was planning on getting tickets for a friend and I and surprising her with the party but if we can have almost as much fun chilling in DCA for part of that evening and then sleeping in in order to hit EMH the next morning... why am I thinking of paying $100 each? $80 each I could stomach but $40 more? (Those of you with families I REALLY don't envy your decision!) We could run up a nice bar tab at the Halloween decorated Carthay with that money- or at least a few drinks worth of bar tab. I'm really gonna be reconsidering this and the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking about skipping the party to be honest :duck: Well, no decisions for me until we get an official announcement!

Quick question about wearing costumes..... can a 14 year old dress up? I seem to remember reading somewhere that costumes were only allowed for 13 and under???

I know Sherry has kept track of when parties have sold out in the past. It will be interesting to see if fewer parties that cost 20-25% more than previous years sell out at about the same rate or faster or slower. I think after the other special hard ticket events sold out at about $100/ticket recently (MSEP and GotG premiers), Disney has decided to push the envelope. My bet? The parties still sell out and at about the same rate if not faster. After all, I would pay about the same amount to get decent seats to a two-hour play or concert. It's just painful to multiply it by four in addition to hotel and food costs for the weekend!!!

Holy smokes...with all the replies I'm having a hard time sifting for info!! MHP and ticket info came out?? I think I'll check out the website and then come back to go through all replies

Last edited:
Makes me kinda sad that they've jacked the prices up so much and are going to be changing over to California Adventure next year. I don't want this to be our last year going to these fun parties, but they're making it more difficult to justify the cost.

That's a big hike - I remember our first party was something like $70 back in 2013, and not that much more in 2015. We'll still go but it will be a net zero to Disney as we will cut back on food and souvenirs.

I know Sherry has kept track of when parties have sold out in the past. It will be interesting to see if fewer parties that cost 20-25% more than previous years sell out at about the same rate or faster or slower. I think after the other special hard ticket events sold out at about $100/ticket recently (MSEP and GotG premiers), Disney has decided to push the envelope. My bet? The parties still sell out and at about the same rate if not faster. After all, I would pay about the same amount to get decent seats to a two-hour play or concert. It's just painful to multiply it by four in addition to hotel and food costs for the weekend!!!

I've already told my 5 year old we may skip the party and maybe go have dinner with Goofy or something ... he just loves to trick or treat at the party, but honestly I could spend the $75 I spent on his ticket last year on all the Halloween treats he wants and then some... $630 for one party is really tough to swallow. Not to mention even considering it would mean taking a different flight out (instead of flying in on our one opportunity for a party day, we'd fly in night before to let the kids sleep in and maybe handle the time adjustment better to make it to 11 or 12)that'd be around $200 more, PLUS an additional hotel night!! MHP would be looking more like a $1K adjustment to the trip! Whereas I expected to pay less than half of that for the party night... Told my little buddy he could still dress up for Halloween though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter