2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

There is definitely still some shuffling of the deck going on with regards to FD availability. I've been checking my "modify" page a couple times a day, and the hotels available on the promotion have been occasionally changing. I'm at AS Sports (09/30 - 10/07) and looking for Pop or a moderate, but unfortunately those haven't shown up for me yet.

:tink:

I have ressies for CBR 10/31-11/5 Preffered room but I booked before FD because I wanted that room whether or not FD was offered. I followed advice from my fellow DIS'ers who said booked what you want and are willing to pay for IF you end up with FD hooray. But I must tell you the rooms at CBR were limited even before FD was announced. BEST OF LUCK hope you find what you need!:tinker:

We are booked CBR 10/30 to 11/6 and really wanted to check out 11/7. I know it's been hard to reduce your stay - has anyone been able to successfully add on an extra night?

I just gotta say that it does not surprise me that all of the values are gone. In like, it does not surprise me that there are spaces left in the deluxe category. What does surprise me is that last night when I went to bed there was a king preferred room left in Coronado Springs and this morning it is still there. I thought for sure someone would have snatched that one up! If anyone needs one in a moderate, better go now. :) I forgot to add that the dates were Sept 25 - Oct 3.

Last edited:
BJs Wholesale Club also sells discounted Disney Gift cards. (and I think I remember someone posting Costco does too)
Sam's club sells them as well. $142.98 for $150 worth of cards. $7 on every $150 adds up. I saved $230 by buying them at Sam's for our vacation last Christmas. I also put most of it into my Disney Vacation savings account and got $80 worth of gift cards just for having it there and using it. Total of $310. That was money in my pocket that I was glad to have!

Can
Sam's club sells them as well. $142.98 for $150 worth of cards. $7 on every $150 adds up. I saved $230 by buying them at Sam's for our vacation last Christmas. I also put most of it into my Disney Vacation savings account and got $80 worth of gift cards just for having it there and using it. Total of $310. That was money in my pocket that I was glad to have!
can you elaborate on the gift cards you got from money in your disney savings account being used?

Look at that thread September dining cancellations... There were a bunch of BOG reservation cancellations that people posted about. Maybe you can grab one up!

Oh! Thank you for this information. I didnt know that thread existed! I will definitely look at these all day, every day :) Thanks so much!!

Can

can you elaborate on the gift cards you got from money in your disney savings account being used?
Sure! You can go and sign up for a Disney Vacation Savings Account. I believe the account has to be opened 120 days before you use it for you to get the gift cards. For every $1000 you use towards your Disney vacation (this also works with Disney Cruises) you get a $20 gift card for free. Every time I got gift cards from Sam's Club I would enter them into my account. When the time came to pay off my vacation, I used my account to pay it off and then requested my free gift card. I believe it was 3 weeks later that I received my $80 card in the mail. If your vacation is far enough away I would definitely go check it out if you want to save some money. I think it works great. You do have to open the account with $10 that I put on my CC. After that you can choose how you want to put money in. I just did a one time payment each time with my gift cards. Once you get your gift card you can use it however you choose.
The website is https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com/ if you want to check it out.

Trying again for CBR for 10/31-11/8. I will call every day if I have to. Don't see anything online but I refuse to give up! Current hold time quoted was 60 minutes.
Our current FD is for 2 pool view rooms at Pop that I scored Monday morning. No "modify" button for me on MDE I'm assuming because our package is 2 rooms?

Did anyone out there on the Dis get FD at CBR for week of 10/30 or 10/31? Other than the pirate rooms I mean....

I booked our trip for those same dates over a week before free dining came out and even with no discounts there were only pirate rooms available. We could have had another room there if we checked out by 11/6 but with the Wine & Dine weekend, there were only pirate rooms left at that time.

I called Monday and got the following confirmation (below). Anyone see a problem? Quick service DP? I called and the call center CM claimed that they received a bulletin that some CSR reservation confirmation incorrectly listed QSDP instead of DDP, but all their systems were down (at 1 P.M., height of the day) and I'd have to call back to get it corrected. Unbelievable.

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
December 20 (Sun), 2015 - December 30 (Wed), 2015
Standard View - Business Class
2 Adults, 1 Child (11)
6-Day Ticket with Park Hopper Option
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan (Complimentary)
Includes Airport Transportation

I FINALLY got FD at POP!!! :yay::yay::yay:
This morning I had an idea. :idea: What if I alter my dates slightly? I had to reduce my 11 night stay by 2 nights. Dates went from 9/23 - 10/4 to 9/23 - 10/2. Guess the start of F&W blocked out the weekend? :confused3

And I got to keep my standard room category. :thumbsup2 I might try to add the nights back on? Seeing that I already had plans, and ADRs, for those weekend days. :confused3

So I gave up 2 nights. Got free QSDP. Upgraded to DDP. Net price adjustment was... increase of $0.62! I'm pretty stoked right now! :dance3:

Finally calling to cancel my original reservation. Only took 4 minutes to get through but now they've sent me to someone else because she can't help me. How hard is it to actually cancel?!? Now I am being super paranoid as I sit here on hold again.

I have ended up with 2 reservations.
If I cancel the one I don't want on line, do they just refund the $200 deposit to my credit card or do I have to ring.
As I am from Australia I can't hold on the phone for hours, that's why I have ended up with 2 bookings. Ty
Yep! Right back to your original payment method, may take a few days to a billimg cycle to appear.

Woohoo!!! They didn't end up canceling, they just transferred everything back to the original reservation and added free dining to it and canceled the free dining reservation. Which is good because now I have an extra $200 towards that and my insurance didn't get messed up. I was worried because I had a standard room at CBR for both reservations but that all worked out fine. They were awesome and all in all I ended up being on the phone for 30 minutes and now no more worrying. :)

I called Monday and got the following confirmation (below). Anyone see a problem? Quick service DP? I called and the call center CM claimed that they received a bulletin that some CSR reservation confirmation incorrectly listed QSDP instead of DDP, but all their systems were down (at 1 P.M., height of the day) and I'd have to call back to get it corrected. Unbelievable.

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
December 20 (Sun), 2015 - December 30 (Wed), 2015
Standard View - Business Class
2 Adults, 1 Child (11)
6-Day Ticket with Park Hopper Option
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan (Complimentary)
Includes Airport Transportation

This is a known glitch. Many people have reported this. Check MDE, it appears to be correct in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter