2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

@Imtravis FYI....I was able to add on to my free dining package long after the special was over. We stayed in December and I added a day in November. People cancel free dining and if something is opened up and you have a reservation already you can add on to it. You have to call and ask about adding. You can not do that on-line after the date for offering it is up. I was shooting for 2 extra nights and ended up getting 1 of them. You just have to keep trying. Good luck!!
Yeah but last year and years prior to add a day they could just add a day, they didn't make you jump through hoops due to availability the way they are this year.. Either way I would still at least try, hopefully it works out!

@Imtravis FYI....I was able to add on to my free dining package long after the special was over. We stayed in December and I added a day in November. People cancel free dining and if something is opened up and you have a reservation already you can add on to it. You have to call and ask about adding. You can not do that on-line after the date for offering it is up. I was shooting for 2 extra nights and ended up getting 1 of them. You just have to keep trying. Good luck!!
You just made my day! Thank you!!

Yeah but last year and years prior to add a day they could just add a day, they didn't make you jump through hoops due to availability the way they are this year.. Either way I would still at least try, hopefully it works out!
Trust me I had to call a ton of times to get the 1 night. Like I said, I did not get the other night. Was ok though, we went anyway and stayed at POFQ for 1 night. :)

I hope I am posting this question in the proper forum and it may seem like a silly one, at that......If dh and I have a meal at a 2TS credit restaurant, (LeCellier) and I just eat an appetizer and a dessert but he chooses to eat a full entree/dessert, can we only use the 2 TS credits on his meal and have me pay OOP for my food? We're on the regular Dining Plan.

yes
I hope I am posting this question in the proper forum and it may seem like a silly one, at that......If dh and I have a meal at a 2TS credit restaurant, (LeCellier) and I just eat an appetizer and a dessert but he chooses to eat a full entree/dessert, can we only use the 2 TS credits on his meal and have me pay OOP for my food? We're on the regular Dining Plan.

Yes, you can do that...just be sure to tell that waiter this how you want the bill to be paid as you are ordering. I have done this a few times myself.

1. I think you may be able to drop him off the reservation and then add him back on when you arrive. He would not receive any dining credits this way, but you wouldn't need to purchase a ticket for him either.

Can you do this? Here's my situation. I have a FD package booked for the end of October with 3 people in the room. There is a *chance* that my older DS could come down at least for the weekend (he's starting medical school, so we need to see his schedule). Can I add him to the reservation (he would be the 4th person in our room) when/if he arrives. We don't care about getting him FD because it would be better just to pay for his food separately for the few days he can be there (we have a 6 night reservation).

Thanks for any suggestions. I've searched but not been able to find the answers to this scenario.

Can you do this? Here's my situation. I have a FD package booked for the end of October with 3 people in the room. There is a *chance* that my older DS could come down at least for the weekend (he's starting medical school, so we need to see his schedule). Can I add him to the reservation (he would be the 4th person in our room) when/if he arrives. We don't care about getting him FD because it would be better just to pay for his food separately for the few days he can be there (we have a 6 night reservation).

Thanks for any suggestions. I've searched but not been able to find the answers to this scenario.
I about 90% sure you can do this without a problem. You would have to pay the extra adult fee for him on the nights he stayed with you assuming at least 2 of your 3 people are adults and you would definitely not be able to put him on your dining plan at the very last minute like that. You also wouldn't be able to book fastpasses for him unless you purchased a ticket for him in advance.

I about 90% sure you can do this without a problem

Thanks! I have no problem with not getting FP or dining plan for him--I'd just like to be able to have him come for the weekend if he can make it work with his school schedule! We can't really try to add him in advance because he definitely can't stay the entire time we are there. I appreciate the information!

Thanks! I have no problem with not getting FP or dining plan for him--I'd just like to be able to have him come for the weekend if he can make it work with his school schedule! We can't really try to add him in advance because he definitely can't stay the entire time we are there. I appreciate the information!
If I were you I would call Disney and ask this question. It is my understanding that everyone in the room HAS to be on the same package. Good luck!

If I were you I would call Disney and ask this question. It is my understanding that everyone in the room HAS to be on the same package. Good luck!
Yes, when booking a package everyone in the room must have the same thing (tickets and dining plan). But adding an extra person after check-in is a whole different ballgame.

Disney cannot require them to have the same dining plan, because they won't add it on that late. And my understanding is that Disney will not stop you from adding a person who is not on the original booking to a room as long as it does not exceed occupancy limits.

As I said, I'm not 100% sure, and would suggest getting further confirmation before planning on it, but honestly I wouldn't call...Phone CMs can be the worst. For Disney contact that has the best chance of being correct, I suggest the e-mail option. That way, you have a record of it in case you run into problems and I also think there's less reason for a CM who doesn't have a clue what the truth is to make something up just to give you an answer when it's an e-mail that should get a response within a few days vs. a customer who gets increasingly irritated and impatient when waiting on the phone.

Edited to add: I bet the resort board would be a great place to clarify this policy if you'd prefer a DIS answer to Disney!

Last edited:
Yes, when booking a package everyone in the room must have the same thing (tickets and dining plan). But adding an extra person after check-in is a whole different ballgame.

Disney cannot require them to have the same dining plan, because they won't add it on that late. And my understanding is that Disney will not stop you from adding a person who is not on the original booking to a room as long as it does not exceed occupancy limits.

As I said, I'm not 100% sure, and would suggest getting further confirmation before planning on it, but honestly I wouldn't call...Phone CMs can be the worst. For Disney contact that has the best chance of being correct, I suggest the e-mail option. That way, you have a record of it in case you run into problems and I also think there's less reason for a CM who doesn't have a clue what the truth is to make something up just to give you an answer when it's an e-mail that should get a response within a few days vs. a customer who gets increasingly irritated and impatient when waiting on the phone.

Edited to add: I bet the resort board would be a great place to clarify this policy if you'd prefer a DIS answer to Disney!

:thumbsup2

@Ladyfish77 - you will be fine. If your DS does decide to show - he'd be doing so in the middle of your stay (by then it's too late to add FD/DDP) and within allowable occupancy limits. It will be at the discretion of the resort front desk on whether or not to charge the extra adult per night fee, but I've had them waive it. Good luck.

@Ladyfish77 - you will be fine. If your DS does decide to show - he'd be doing so in the middle of your stay (by then it's too late to add FD/DDP) and within allowable occupancy limits. It will be at the discretion of the resort front desk on whether or not to charge the extra adult per night fee, but I've had them waive it. Good luck.

Thanks! I'd gladly pay the additional person fee if he's able to make it but if they sprinkle pixie dust on us, that would be great too!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter