2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Phone lines telling me 45 minute wait today...just want to change my rooms' view, can't do so online

I just got another email I suppose again confirming the modification, which I suppose is a good thing to have. I just am panicked over ADRs now! Hopefully if anyone is still struggling with getting FD, they get it! I seriously am very thankful for this thread and everyone in it; I had to keep mulling over cancelling my trip, and because of the help, I got FD and definitely can get this trip going! :)

No email or mailers yet. I found out when I called. I actually called back yesterday to find out the details. On Monday, the CM mentioned it when I asked if there was one, but only told me it wasn't going to help me. I was specifically looking for free dining, and now I know it didn't apply to the standard room - at least for those dates.

We have a Garden/Woods view room at BC in mid-October, which we suspected would not be part of FD, but we're hoping a room discount offer..... What is it they say...Hope springs eternal in the heart of a fool...? Something like that! :daisy:

Was a very frustrating 2 days, didn't get what I wanted but did get a reservation for the time that I had booked my airfare. Last week was told by CM to book now and free dining can be added later, phone connection was not good at time so I went over to TA and booked, was told by TA she could also add FD. Wanted CBR Jamica standard when FD came out I would be able to save $700. Was checking every day since, at 4:00am Monday morning I am seeing what I want on site, but can't modify my reservation. What I wanted was available, at that time. Was watching people post that they were being successful on the boards! I was watching and waiting and going nuts! Called Disney at 7 was lucky got through, just to be told sorry TA has to make change, at that time CBR standard was still available. Had to wait for TA to open at 9 sent email about FD could she add. At 9:30 TA emailed me lines are busy at Disney she would keep trying and get back to me. At 12:30 didn't hear from her so I email her again knowing that standard is no longer available, but king room is available at $500 saving I'm ok with that at the time, she emails me back telling me she has 2 1/2 hour wait on phone, she is doing her best. I call DH who gets off work at 2 and ask him to go to TA, he does, TA's are all just waiting on phone lines he said. Waiting for the first one to get through to Disney each one will take turns after one is done. Get email at 3:30 was able to get FD but could only get preferred, only $300 saving. I should be happy with this I know now, but at time I was not. I could still see King available on web site with $500 savings or I could switch to CSR, with $700 savings. At this point I call and apologize, and tell her what I see, and could she try agian. At this point she says tomorrow I will try. I check site through the night to morning King is available some of the time. So I come up with the idea of one less night at CBR and one night at a Delux. TA tells me on Tuesday one less day was not working for her with standard, I am seeing it on web site as being available I am going nuts, after MUCH going back and forth with TA, and sending her screen shots of my computer she was able to get me, first night Delux BC room discount no ticket or dining just hang out and head to CBR 2nd day for FD the rest of vacation. $700 saving with one less day of dining and tickets but got CBR with Jamica requested for rest of vacation. Just wanted to vent and share my experience, good luck everyone who is still trying!

So sorry you had to go through this! In the future, if you see something you want on the site, would it be worth your while to book it and then ask your TA to cancel your original reservation?

TA's have a special site that accesses Disney Destination reservations. It's referred to as DTA. Disney completely modified the WDW portion of this site about 4 weeks ago. Before this modification, TA's could not make any changes or cancellations online. The modification of the site was supposed to allow TA's to modify online, thereby easing the phone lines. This mod was rolled out just a few weeks ago, untested in the real world. Remember the roll out of FP+? At least they eased into that. Not so with the TA website.

Needless to say, the new site was a disaster and the whole site crashed. When TA's tried to call in, many were mistakenly routed to the consumer line, on hold for hours, then either transferred to the TA line only to be on hold for more hours or simply hung up on. Many reported working an 18 hour day without ever being able to speak with anyone at Disney. The TA community is infuriated by how this was handled and feel they were thrown under a bus by Disney. TA's make their income through commission. Imagine working an 18 hour day and actually losing money because Disney made it impossible for you to do your job. Meanwhile, as a TA, you have spent time advertising and marketing for Disney and have already spent hours helping people plan and book trips only to lose that business because Disney can't get their IT together. Disney issued a half hearted apology to TA's yesterday blaming the "popularity" of the offer for the problems and not their inability to correct their IT problems and properly staff their phone lines. Many TA's report in their many years of dealing with the first day of promos, this was the absolute worst. Not only did it affect TA's trying to get the promo for clients, but it affected TA's simply trying to make final payments for guests, etc.

In addition to that, think about the credibility issue that many TAs have now...I have been working with my TA for 3+ years now, and wouldn't think of dropping her for another TA or doing it myself (yes, I know how, and have done it in the past, but I now prefer to have the TA do it since they have all the cool toys...at least they did!).

But how many other folks, thinking that their opportunity was slipping away, simply abandoned the reservation made by their TA, (who may have been sitting in the "hold" queue trying to change their clients' reservations....for hours!!) and just booked a new reservation?

Now the TAs are trying in vain to clean up the mess...and they definitely have received a huge black eye!

As a retired IT person myself, I know how hard it is to push out a new release of any software....I can only imagine the scope of this project! But yet, it was only a couple of months ago that Disney released many of their IT staff...good timing, eh?

:headache:

Booked for WL on 12/19-23! Reservation shows 3/day ticket with PH, but only shows my name (account holder). The main reservation shows all 4 of us. Is this normal? On hold with Disney, but thought I might get an answer before I wait on hold at least 45 minutes....

Thanks!

A POP Standard room has just been released into the wild...GO GET EM TIGERS!

We are going to stick with AKL with Free Dining. My family almost moved out when they saw I had made the POP one:rolleyes1
2 years ago we got FD dining really late after the promotion was out for months. All of our ADR's were for really late times and it made it so hectic gor us, we were up really late and travel between resort and parks was always busy. Plus every morning we felt like slugs becuase we had big dinners really late..lol. We learned to try and get early times if we could, this way we coud wake up earlier the next day and tey to get put before he heat set in! But, sometimes you have to take what you can get..lol. Keep your eyes peeled, an earlier time may come up! Good luck.
Check the boards for cancelled ADR's. We just booked our FD promo Monday and really wanted BOG ressies but of course none were available as we are already at the 145 day mark. I found a Cancelled ADR thread and low and behold someone had posted where they had a reservation for our party size at BOG on one of the days we were there at 1:20. I replied saying I was interested and he let me know when he canceled and I went right into the website and it was there. We were able to score a great time on a day that was already booked.

Hmmm something interesting I didn't know. I thought ADRs were 180+10 even with RO reservation. I went on to poke around and saw the first day we could get BOG for lunch so I was hopeful. But then realized the flight doesn't get in until late day, so I went to check the rest of the week and it's only letting me do 180 days. Good thing we are not in a have to mode.

Well if someone is looking, I saw October 26th had BOG lunch. I think I would book lunch there again over dinner. Unless you need to see the Beast.

I'm still waiting to see if I can get RO discount at POR for my week. I hope cause I am so not a full price person. Even the local stores it takes a lot of LIKE/NEED from me to pay full price.

Great ADR tip--I'll go check out the cancellation thread (I'm assuming there is one?). I booked with a TA (not doing FD, getting RO discount) and she said it was terrible on Monday as others have mentioned. I didn't realize when I started my quote that my ressies were going to be working in the middle of the insanity. I told her I was in no hurry, since I knew how crazy things are. Evidently things are still a mess or my cc is just slow, because I reserved 2 rooms and the time between the two charges was 5 hours yesterday. So I think it's still a madhouse at the moment!

Cancelling 2 CBR rooms booked with free dining. They are water view and dates are Nov9-18.

I hate to let these go as I was overjoyed that our TA was able to get them.

Just after finding out we were booked with promo we also found out that we are expecting our 9th child. Thrilled but I will be VERY pregnant on the trip so much so that husband thinks it's too much of a risk. I will be 35 weeks along on trip and we were supposed to fly. I have gone 2-3 weeks early the last 5 children in a row.

Commando style with 7 of our other children around the park with 2 weeks to deliver? Wise? Not so much lol

Anyhow, would like travel agent to still receive her commission. Not sure this is even possible but thought she may be able to cancel my ressie and book someone else's immediately. If this interests you pm me and we can pass on your info to her. Will post this on free dining board as well.

Blessings to you all on your vacations. Sad I won't get my first chance to stay with kids on property for free dining but excited God has chosen to give us another blessing!

Cancelling 2 CBR rooms booked with free dining. They are water view and dates are Nov9-18.

Just after finding out we were booked with promo we also found out that we are expecting our 9th child. Thrilled but I will be VERY pregnant on the trip so much so that husband thinks it's too much of a risk. I will be 35 weeks along on trip and we were supposed to fly. I have gone 2-3 weeks early the last 5 children in a row.

Commando style with 7 of our other children around the park with 2 weeks to deliver? Wise? Not so much lol

Anyhow, would like travel agent to still receive her commission. Not sure this is even possible but thought she may be able to cancel my ressie and book someone else's immediately. If this interests you pm me and we can pass on your info to her. Will post this on free dining board as well.

Blessings to you all on your vacations. Sad I won't get my first chance to stay with kids on property for free dining but excited God has chosen to give us another blessing!

Congratulations!!

Congrats to you on your new little one. :)

This happen every first 48 hrs of general offer to the public free dinning..

I bet it would be less if they offered this to visa members first.

exactly. we opened a disney visa for this exact reason... what is the benefit in it if you don't offer this exclusivity any more? again, I'm annoyed with disney right now.

Great ADR tip--I'll go check out the cancellation thread (I'm assuming there is one?). I booked with a TA (not doing FD, getting RO discount) and she said it was terrible on Monday as others have mentioned. I didn't realize when I started my quote that my ressies were going to be working in the middle of the insanity. I told her I was in no hurry, since I knew how crazy things are. Evidently things are still a mess or my cc is just slow, because I reserved 2 rooms and the time between the two charges was 5 hours yesterday. So I think it's still a madhouse at the moment!

i'm not sure if this is always the case....but try calling also.
i had reservations for hollywood and vine, but my dates for my stay had to change to get the free dining. when i looked online to change my reservation the earliest they had was 8:40am, but i called in to modify cause i couldn't figure out how to do it online and they were able to book me in for 8am.

exactly. we opened a disney visa for this exact reason... what is the benefit in it if you don't offer this exclusivity any more? again, I'm annoyed with disney right now.
There are many benefits to the DV. Just because it didn't happen this time doesn't mean it never will. I can only think of one other time that it didn't in the last several years. I really think the availability was just too limited to offer the usual two sets of room blocks. So many people book in advance of deals being released these days that it is killing the offers.

We have a Garden/Woods view room at BC in mid-October, which we suspected would not be part of FD, but we're hoping a room discount offer..... What is it they say...Hope springs eternal in the heart of a fool...? Something like that! :daisy:
I originally had a Garden view room at BC. We had 3 rooms. I couldn't get free dining on the garden/woods view but pool/water view was available. Upgraded the 3 rooms and still saved $1350.

One other thing I am confused about, why is the BC room only discount 20% yet the YC is 30%.

Booked for WL on 12/19-23! Reservation shows 3/day ticket with PH, but only shows my name (account holder). The main reservation shows all 4 of us. Is this normal? On hold with Disney, but thought I might get an answer before I wait on hold at least 45 minutes....

Thanks!

It was a MDE oops! Thankfully it was corrected in 2 minutes and our reservation is good to go!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter