Do people really like the Disney beds/beddings?

sugliac

DVC Fan Contributor
DVC Gold
I am DVC so clearly a complete hypocrite. But I cannot believe that Disney gets away with throwing a couple sheets and hospital blanket on a mediocre mattress, even at the Grand Floridian. Makes me sad, especially when "off property" (but basically on property) they have the Four Seasons and Waldorf Astoria, truly luxurious hotels, that have real beds with duvets/comforters. Interested to hear if others agree with me on this.

I have not been a fan of the blanket between two sheets thing. I find it awkward to sleep with wherever I go. I have never had a problem with the mattresses at Disney though, and been happy with the quality. Now the pillows are another problem, but have to admit when we drive I bring my own from home.

I agree, Disney bedding is a disgrace. Skritchy sheets, stiff bouncy mattresses, magic invisible blankets.... all for around $500/night. At least the toiletries are nice.

The most comfortable bedding I've ever had in a hotel was at a random condo resort on the Big Island of Hawaii. It really was like sleeping on a cloud, ultra plush mattress with a fluffy down mattress pad, silky smooth cotton sheets, poufy down comforter, perfect pillows. And it was less than $200/night. Never mind that the room was amazing, one bedroom with wonderful king bed, two full baths, full kitchen with granite countertops, in room laundry, beautiful terracotta tile floors, an enormous living/dining area and a giant covered lanai overlooking the lovely landscaping. I've actually tried to recreate that in my bed at home.

I have no problem with the beds. Pillows are not great. The sheets are a bit scratchy but not terrible. We sleep fine though.

@Schneewittchen3 you gotta tell us the name of the resort! I want to plan a Hawaii trip for 2023 and that room sounds fabulous and since we are used to "Disney" pricing it sounds like a great deal.

I have never understood why people like the very soft and flimsy pillows, at least that is what I find at just about every hotel I stay in. When I drive somewhere I bring my own firm pillow with me.

I've fallen asleep fully clothed on top of all of the bedding when at Disney before, so clearly this thread is lost on me. ;) Seriously, I'm so tired I could sleep in an arm chair by the end of a Disney day. :)

I was about to say. I had some of the best sleep of my life at the GF and sure did fall asleep fully clothed here at YC last night. And I love Disney pillows.

Maybe I’m just a peasant who doesn’t know any better…

I have no problem with the beds. Pillows are not great. The sheets are a bit scratchy but not terrible. We sleep fine though.

@Schneewittchen3 you gotta tell us the name of the resort! I want to plan a Hawaii trip for 2023 and that room sounds fabulous and since we are used to "Disney" pricing it sounds like a great deal.
Ouch the prices have gone up a bit. We stayed there in August 2018. But it was the Kona Coast Resort. I booked it through a travel agent. One big caveat - it is not oceanfront.

I agree that the Disney deluxe resort beds are fine, but nothing to write home about. The one time we stayed in a moderate (Port Orleans), the beds were AWFUL to the point I was in pain lying down on them.

That said, Disney CRUISE does it right. Their beds are blissfully comfy.

I am DVC so clearly a complete hypocrite. But I cannot believe that Disney gets away with throwing a couple sheets and hospital blanket on a mediocre mattress, even at the Grand Floridian. Makes me sad, especially when "off property" (but basically on property) they have the Four Seasons and Waldorf Astoria, truly luxurious hotels, that have real beds with duvets/comforters. Interested to hear if others agree with me on this.

You're not wrong. They have no incentive to care though, as long as people still fill up the GF at >500$/night. One could argue you're paying the extra ~$300 a night vs a comparable hotel for the ability to walk to MK. To me the GF's rooms are 3.5* (but admittedly larger than typical 3.5* rooms), the grounds are more in the 4-4.5*. The convenience is 5*. The beds.... 2.5-3*(?)

Makes me sad, especially when "off property" (but basically on property) they have the Four Seasons and Waldorf Astoria, truly luxurious hotels, that have real beds with duvets/comforters. Interested to hear if others agree with me on this.
Does not make me sad at all it is always about location, location, location at WDW. Any of the Disney Deluxe results are priced due to proximity to the Theme Parks.

The question comes down to how often they clean those duvets/comforters. We know now due to Covid-19 but what about before that was a concern?

Just like all the throw pillows that used to be in every room, they were not cleaned between guest visits. The move to the blanket sandwich is very common these days. Simple to change everything between guests.

The Four Seasons and Waldorf Astoria are just a franchise and their location drives down there normal pricing that they would command in other resort areas. So what if they throw in a few extra amenities to make up to their remoteness "relative term" to the center of the Disney action.

Dave

I could do with another layer of blankets on the beds as I like the weight when I sleep and get cold fast. I usually just make sure I bring some leggings to sleep in. I do love the pillows. After my last trip at CSR, I loved the pillows so much that I ordered the same ones for Our bed at home.

The mattresses are usually fine (with the exception of the bed in the cabin at Fort Wilderness but that was years ago) but the sheets aren't great. I'm really particular about blankets so I just bring my own comforter. One of the benefits of driving!

I agree that the Disney deluxe resort beds are fine, but nothing to write home about. The one time we stayed in a moderate (Port Orleans), the beds were AWFUL to the point I was in pain lying down on them.

That said, Disney CRUISE does it right. Their beds are blissfully comfy.
DCL beds are the BEST!!! I want to go on a Disney cruise just so I can sleep on one of those beds!!! :)

First mattresses are greatly different for everyone, I personally do not like any beds that has a pillow top. We have stayed at all levels and had very good and not so good mattresses at each, and a couple of times in the same room where one bed was much more comfortable than the other. Not a fan of their pillows, but we always drive and we always bring pillows and blankets.

I agree, Disney bedding is a disgrace. Skritchy sheets, stiff bouncy mattresses, magic invisible blankets.... all for around $500/night. At least the toiletries are nice.

The most comfortable bedding I've ever had in a hotel was at a random condo resort on the Big Island of Hawaii. It really was like sleeping on a cloud, ultra plush mattress with a fluffy down mattress pad, silky smooth cotton sheets, poufy down comforter, perfect pillows. And it was less than $200/night. Never mind that the room was amazing, one bedroom with wonderful king bed, two full baths, full kitchen with granite countertops, in room laundry, beautiful terracotta tile floors, an enormous living/dining area and a giant covered lanai overlooking the lovely landscaping. I've actually tried to recreate that in my bed at home.
I agree about the bath products! Can't get enough of the H2O.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter