Do people really like the Disney beds/beddings?

DodgerGirl-ever wonder why when hotels did have bedspreads they typically were dark and or had a busy pattern? To cover the dirt and spills. Also, the chain hotels that you continue to mention with each post you do on this thread for several years, you just change the brand, have minimum requirements to be franchise participants, putting their name into a box and saying each Motel 6 has Y is incorrect. It is like you are advertising for the cesspool of motels / hotels. As others have said, pillows and mattresses are all personal preferences and not everyone will like hard or soft. The challenge with Disney hotels and the pillow request suggestion you have, which by the way I have yet to see successfully in use (many places have taken to put one of each on a bed and labeling them with a marked pillowcase), is that your Holiday Inn franchise that is doing this has a 150 rooms / 250 beds whereas your Disney hotel has 500 to 1000+ rooms which puts them into 1000’s of beds across property. There are so many things Disney can’t get right that tackling the bedding preference problem is likely not high on their list.

I think for the money they charge for the rooms at Disney Resorts they should improve the beds and bedding like they should put bedspreads on each bed and improve the bedding by having fancy sheets that are comfortable and as for pillows guests would have the choice of soft and firm pillows but when you make your reservation you can ask for all soft or all firm pillows to be put on your beds when you arrive. Marriott and Wyndham have this service too as well so Disney should start doing this too. Because I think when it comes to hotels especially great hotels like Disney resorts as I mentioned in my earlier post I think what makes the hotel worthy of staying is a comfortable bed and a nice pillow that is very soft and comfortable. Because when you try to find a hotel that's worthy and has a lot of rave reviews but at times when you visit that hotel you find yourself like Goldilocks trying out the different kinds of beds and finding the perfect bed can be difficult because you want to be comfortable and not having to wake up sore from resting on a hard uncomfortable bed. But if Disney Resorts improved their beds and bedding they would surely get more customers to stay there
Have you stayed at a Disney Resort Hotel in the last 10 years? The beds at the 3 Disneyland resorts have Beautyrest Disney Edition mattress and springs. People actually want to buy them after staying. They also have higher end sheeting and blankets.

All higher end hotels have gotten rid of "bedspreads" because of how germy they are. First thing the majority of guests do in a hotel that has bedspreads is remove them and stash them.

I myself have stayed at both values and deluxe resorts and know people with DVC, and NOBODY is happy with the bedding. There’s rarely enough to keep the main bed occupant warm, and the few extra blankets provided are usually needed for anyone sleeping on the couch pullout beds/Murphy beds. I can appreciate that it probably simplifies laundry and maybe even overall cleanliness, but I would never say the bed linens at Disney match the price tag

I myself have stayed at both values and deluxe resorts and know people with DVC, and NOBODY is happy with the bedding. There’s rarely enough to keep the main bed occupant warm, and the few extra blankets provided are usually needed for anyone sleeping on the couch pullout beds/Murphy beds. I can appreciate that it probably simplifies laundry and maybe even overall cleanliness, but I would never say the bed linens at Disney match the price tag
That being said, I know a lot of people (myself included) that love the beds themselves. Granted I haven’t stayed at Disneyland so they may be even better there

When I have stayed in hotels one thing I learned is that when it comes to hotel pillows I discovered when I search for the perfect pillow to go to sleep is that they put the soft and fluffy pillows at the front of the bed and the uncomfortable pillows at the back of the bed and when I climb into bed I always test the front pillows first because those are very comfortable and soft. And as I mentioned in this thread when it comes to hotel beds and pillows I am like Goldilocks sometimes. But I can never understand why Disney puts sofabeds and Murphy beds in their resorts because they may be comfortable for some people but for me I have had experiences with them because my mom and I have slept on them sometimes in hotels on vacation and I found them uncomfortable especially with my mom who likes to kick when she tries to move over to get comfortable. But I don't have no problem sleeping in sofabeds myself solo and the only problem I have with a sofabed by myself is when I move my plushies get stuck between the sheets and end up under the cushions and that's why when I go to hotels on vacations I always get my own bed with two pillows one for me and the other pillow for my plushies when I bring them on trips. But Disney should also add remote controlled recliners to the resort rooms that automatically fold into a bed that all you do is add the sheet blanket and pillow and this idea would work for the elderly visitors quite well

I cannot figure out when hotels and Disney resorts started putting throw pillows on each bed and when I started seeing this it made me happy when I stay at hotels when I bring my plushies and wonder why Disney resorts as well as hotels started doing this? Because when I bring my plushies on vacation my plushies always sleep on the throw pillow next to me when I sleep in a hotel bed. And sometimes as a treat the maids would always give me an extra throw pillow or a regular pillow just for my other plushies when my family would go on vacations and that was one thing about throw pillows in hotels that I liked. But what is it with the Disney resorts and other hotels using bolster pillows as throw pillows? I think they are fancy and beautiful but I cannot see how people can sleep on them in hotels and I think they are uncomfortable and are also made for displaying your plushies too on vacations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter