2015 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR

I'd love to see general dates of when schools are back in session after the summer break - I believe many of the California schools are in mid-August? That could help with crowds, too, if all the kiddos are back in school by the end of August. (At least I'm hoping it will, being as I'm tentatively scheduling a trip for late August before my Oregon kiddos go back to school after Labor Day.)

This is an awesome thread!! Thank you so much for putting this together, figment_jii!! :)
Thanks!

I'd love to see general dates of when schools are back in session after the summer break - I believe many of the California schools are in mid-August? That could help with crowds, too, if all the kiddos are back in school by the end of August. (At least I'm hoping it will, being as I'm tentatively scheduling a trip for late August before my Oregon kiddos go back to school after Labor Day.)
I'll add the back to school dates as they come in. I skimmed through some school calendars back when I was setting up the thread and confirming the spring break dates, but a lot of school districts hadn't posted their 2015-2016 calendars yet.

I'll add the back to school dates as they come in. I skimmed through some school calendars back when I was setting up the thread and confirming the spring break dates, but a lot of school districts hadn't posted their 2015-2016 calendars yet.

Ahhh...good point. ;) Thank you!

Add a few new events (e.g., Innoventions closure, Springtime Roundup) and some links to Disboard threads for various events.

We're booking a trip the first week of October. I don't see dates for the California schools' fall break. Are they not out yet? Are we going to be swamped with local kids on break?

We're booking a trip the first week of October. I don't see dates for the California schools' fall break. Are they not out yet? Are we going to be swamped with local kids on break?
Fall recess doesn't seem as common as spring recess, so it doesn't seem like all (or even many) the districts are likely to be out at the same time. I think districts have just started to publish their 2015-2016 calendars, so folks haven't really been reporting when their fall recess are occurring yet. I know that when I was double checking the spring recess dates, a lot of districts hadn't yet published their 2015-2016 calendars.

When you say the first week in October, do you mean 10/4 to 10/10? The weekend (Fri to Sun) is likely to be very busy because of Gay Days (10/2-4). The weekdays (Mon to Thu) will likely to be manageable. The crowds are likely to increase again on the weekends. Sun will be especially busy because of CHOC Walk (10/11) and it's part of a three day weekend (Columbus Day).

We are in Marin County - our spring break is next week (4/13 - 17). The schools here don't have a fall break, just the week of Thanksgiving. The first day back to school can range from mid to late Aug (ours is Aug 19 this year), but I think only some of the private schools start after Labor Day.

Fall recess doesn't seem as common as spring recess, so it doesn't seem like all (or even many) the districts are likely to be out at the same time. I think districts have just started to publish their 2015-2016 calendars, so folks haven't really been reporting when their fall recess are occurring yet. I know that when I was double checking the spring recess dates, a lot of districts hadn't yet published their 2015-2016 calendars.

When you say the first week in October, do you mean 10/4 to 10/10? The weekend (Fri to Sun) is likely to be very busy because of Gay Days (10/2-4). The weekdays (Mon to Thu) will likely to be manageable. The crowds are likely to increase again on the weekends. Sun will be especially busy because of CHOC Walk (10/11) and it's part of a three day weekend (Columbus Day).
Thanks for the info. We're flying into San Diego on Oct. 2nd and spending the weekend. Then driving to DLR on the 4th. So our first park day will be the 5th. We're from the Midwest and fall break for most schools is at least a week if not 2. I know that's a recent change, I can remember fall break just being a long weekend. Didn't realize not all states have adapted the "modified" calendar. Thanks!

We are in Marin County - our spring break is next week (4/13 - 17). The schools here don't have a fall break, just the week of Thanksgiving. The first day back to school can range from mid to late Aug (ours is Aug 19 this year), but I think only some of the private schools start after Labor Day.
Wonder if it's a Midwest thing! All schools around here get a week for fall break and some schools take a two week break. Thanks for the info!

I think districts have just started to publish their 2015-2016 calendars, so folks haven't really been reporting when their fall recess are occurring yet. I know that when I was double checking the spring recess dates, a lot of districts hadn't yet published their 2015-2016 calendars.
Figment_jii will you be adding 2015-2016 info into this thread or begin a new one?
The Molalla River School District in Oregon has the 2015-2016 Calendar approved.
Here's a link to the calendar. http://www.molallariv.k12.or.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_110703/File/22 2015-2016 Student & Family Calendar.pdf

Thank you for your effort providing this info for all Dis Members.

Geemo

Hi Geemo! I had been adding a few tentative dates for 2016 to this thread (mostly in terms of things early in the year). I was planning on starting the 2016 calendar later in the year (probably in the fall), when there is more information about 2016 available. I'll keep note of things like the Molalla River SD info for the 2016 calendar, but probably won't do a full 2016 calendar quite yet.

Thanks! Added the LIVE taping to the list. Between the LIVE taping and it looks like America's Funnest Home VIdeos was just there, it makes one wonder how many other shows tape in the parks over the course of a year...

I added a few more items based on the Anaheim Convention Center calendar. There are conventions and conferences happening throughout the year, but I tried to add the ones that looked like they spanned most of the halls, ballrooms, and plazas (i.e., the ones that look large).

It's worth noting that the large ASHP midyear clinical meeting (the pharmaceuticals convention that happened in December of 2014) will be in New Orleans in 2015. So that event will not be impacting DLR crowds this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter