2015 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR

HI, does anyone know if this thread exists for 2016 yet? I'm looking at dates the first week of March (hopefully before spring breakers hit). Thoughts?

HI, does anyone know if this thread exists for 2016 yet? I'm looking at dates the first week of March (hopefully before spring breakers hit). Thoughts?
figment_jii has done a fantastic job keeping up with everything this year. If you look at the info for 2015 it will give you an idea of what to expect.

The end of Feb and parts of March are big on Cheer Camp Competitions. Brings many teens to the parks.
Many of Disney's events are generally the same from year to year.
If you'd like to look at the Historical Disney event info, you can look at Hydroguy's thread. http://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-dlr-park-hours-entertainment-and-refurbs.2291124/

So far there isn't a dedicated 2016 thread. However, if you look through the first post you'll see a small section of 2016 info.
Not many people have their school calendars yet.

I have info for our 2015-2016 Oregon's Molalla River School District.
Beginning of school Tuesday Sept 8th. Last Day of School June 14, 2016
No school 10-9, 10-15+16, 11-11,11-26+27, 12-2+3+4, 12-21 through 1-4-2015, 1-18,1-28+29, 2-15+16, 3-9+10+11, 3-21 through 3-28, 5-27+5-30.

Geemo

Thanks everyone, most helpful. Texas spring break 2016 is early! Begins March 7!!
Do all Texas school districts have the same Spring Break (CA school districts do not have a uniform schedule, so breaks vary by district)? If not, which school district are you in?

Figment, I can give you some BC school closures if that helps.

My area ( lower mainland ) and for most standard schools I believe.

First day of school - Sept 8
Winter Break Dec 21 - Jan 1 ( schools open Jan 4 )
Spring Break Mar 14 - 28 ( includes easter holiday )
Last day of school June 29

Sorry, no I didn't say that correctly. My bad. After further research looks like we are the exception. Most of Texas is the second week: Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston are the second week in March for 2016. North Dallas suburbs are the "odd" balls (Plano, Frisco, Allen).

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll add them to the 2016 thread (it's coming, I promise!).

Also added a link to the second October 2015 check-in thread.

Added BizzCon - the first convention I've seen on the Anaheim Convention Center calendar to say it's using the entire convention facility!

From how it appears, it is likely that the Star Wars Launch Bay -- or at least a part of it -- is scheduled to open on or by Sunday, 10/11. There are auditions being held at the end of next week, and the performers have to be available to work starting on October 11th.

From how it appears, it is likely that the Star Wars Launch Bay -- or at least a part of it -- is scheduled to open on or by Sunday, 10/11. There are auditions being held at the end of next week, and the performers have to be available to work starting on October 11th.
Where is the Launch Bay located in DL?

Add it. That'll make for a very interesting day in the parks...start of Star Wars Launch Bay and CHOC Walk!

Add it. That'll make for a very interesting day in the parks...start of Star Wars Launch Bay and CHOC Walk!

That's what I was thinking too. Between Columbus Day weekend, CHOC Walk folks and Star Wars Launch Bay folks, it will be interesting, indeed. I have to wonder if, perhaps, that is why it appears that Disney is trying to get the Launch Bay up and running that specific weekend -- because they know there will be a lot of people there for the Walk and for the holiday (just as last year they "previewed" some of the Frozen Fun things on the weekend before Christmas, knowing that tons of people would begin piling in). Clever strategy, if that's what they're doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter