2015 Annual Christmas Gift List Ideas for TEEN GIRLS

Didn't read the whole thread, but is she into any type of make-up?

Ulta and Sephora have some really great deals on holiday sets of lipstick, lipgloss, eye shadow palettes, etc. Most of them have super cute packaging and may be fun for her to try a higher end brand of some product.

Anyone have any recommendations for some board type games to buy for my 14 yr old dd to play with friends.We had a Halloween party over the weekend for them and I heard them playing Never have I and Truth or Dare so I was thinking something along that line with questions that they would like. They used to play apples to apples but are not into that one anymore
I got my DD16 and DD11 a board game called Telestrations for Christmas last year. They both love it and play often when they have friends over. Our whole family loves playing Catch Phrase and it my girls often break it out when they get together with friends.

I just got this book for my make up obsessed DN18 for Christmas. I am very pleased with it. It is more of a coffee table type book with tons of pictures about make up and styles through the generations.

http://www.amazon.com/Face-Paint-Ma...id=1446732269&sr=8-1&keywords=face+paint+book
Thank you for this suggestion! DD19 is a sophomore Design and Merchandising major who is really into makeup (not sure where she gest that, as I am lucky to just get moisturizer on my face daily). I was struggling with gift ideas for her and I think this will be a great surprise that she will love!

When you say Beauty Box, is that Beauty Box 5 or Birchbox? They both show up when I do a search.

Anyone have any recommendations for some board type games to buy for my 14 yr old dd to play with friends.We had a Halloween party over the weekend for them and I heard them playing Never have I and Truth or Dare so I was thinking something along that line with questions that they would like. They used to play apples to apples but are not into that one anymore

DD16 and her friends LOVE Catan..sold on amazon and barnes noble....elsewhere too I am sure but more of an upscale game..like 50 bucks

We are board game people. Carcassonne, Ticket To Ride, Pandemic, are all good ones to start with. My top pick for teens would be King of Tokoyo. I think it would really appeal to teens, and is a quicker play than the others

We are board game people. Carcassonne, Ticket To Ride, Pandemic, are all good ones to start with. My top pick for teens would be King of Tokoyo. I think it would really appeal to teens, and is a quicker play than the others

I just ordered Exploding Kittens based on its great reviews.

My DD is 15 years old and below is what I have so far and what I am planning to get:

Kate Spade clutch - I purchased KS items at a great Kate Spade outlet sale
Kate Spade necklace
Kate Spade purse
Vineyard Vine long sleeve t-shirt
Walt Disney 'Thrills & Chill's' 4-movie DVD
- we have never seen these movies and I'm hoping we will enjoy them
FabFitFun beauty box subscription - she asked for this box. I'm not sure if I will cancel after the first one or keep up the subscription for the year. I will have to see how much she uses the stuff in the 1st one
misc jewelry items
a large gold colored watch
- she has really, really been wanting this for a while
Blanket Scarf - they are popular right now
A Piko dress and Piko top
Lacrosse mask
- she is trying out for lacrosse this year and will need a mask
Portable Bluetooth speaker - hoping to find a good quality one for a great sale price
Gold bar necklace with her initial or name on bar
initial mug from Alter'd State
Pink fur ball keychain
Adult 'Frozen' coloring book
PJ's
Devotional book
Bracelets - she has a lot of Alex & Ani bracelets and I'll look for some filler bracelets to wear with them

Clarisonic Mia or Mia 2 - Thinking about purchasing this. This is my question for those that have this. Is the only difference between the two are the speeds? And, does it make a difference if you only have one-speed vs the 2-speed Mia2?

Edited later: Ending up not buying a Clarisonic Mia, but a cheaper version and it's going to her twin brother and not her. The Clarisonic always ends up getting knocked off the Christmas list each year because of the price since I just can't figure out if it would be worth the price

Last edited:
My DD that age would love a Sephora gift card, or an Ulta gift card. According to her, you can NEVER have too much makeup. Insert eye roll here.

I also tend to think in terms of experiential things. Tickets to a touring Broadway show, or concert?

My daughter just turned 16 but for the past few years she loved getting Sephora or Ulta gift cards!

This year my daughter is pretty much just getting one big thing and 2 or 3 little things. Her big thing is a Mac Book Pro so that is pretty much it LOL. Usually she got theater tickets every year but I don't see that happening this year.

One year I bought her a new wallet and stuffed it with a bunch of 25 & 50 dollar gift cards to all kinds of store in the mall she shopped at, the movies and a restaurant near the movies, that was a big hit.

When you say Beauty Box, is that Beauty Box 5 or Birchbox? They both show up when I do a search.
i thought we had beauty box. But checked the box she got a month or so ago, and it says BB 5, so I guess I mean BB 5. I've never tried Birch Box for me or her.

Agree with others, DD likes some of the cosmetics in Sephora, so yeah, I tend to give gift cards too. My teens also like the movies, so I go to Sams or BJs and get tickets, and give them as part of their "little" gifts. They come in a 2 pack, and some with a $10 gift card. They get to use them anytime and have used them at AMC and Regal without issue. Though for new 3D, I think they still had to pay a surcharge.

My teen girls have asked for Skoshbox subscriptions. They love Anime, Manga and Japanese culture so a box of Japanese snacks each month is very exciting to them.

I have to thank those that mentioned the Skoshbox - I got it for DD birthday, and it came a couple of days ago - she loves it, but like others she loves the anime, and Japanese...

She also likes the Blanket scarf - she requested one from Etsy, and oddly enough it was featured that same day on GMA's Deals and Steals - I grabbed the GMA one as it was 50% off, and had Cashmere in it - being a teenager, she asked for hers from Etsy (which was a cotton blend) for the color - but they are very popular and she has worn both of them. I have since noticed them on tv, they are seriously a blanket that is worn like a scarf. :confused3

Skoshbox is mailed from Hawaii not Japan. Very few of these Japanese boxes are mailed directly from Japan otherwise they wouldn't be as inexpensive and free of import fees. International shipping gets complicated.

I thought our Skoshbox was mailed from California... but we also can get Japanese snack items at grocery stores here -but we got her the $10 month/ but for the year - its a smallish box, but you get an email notifying if you want to add anything to it - so her first box came and she loved it, and likes that she'll get a small box each month, its fun to try, and to share and laugh at some of the things...

APPLETV - we got one last summer, enjoyed it, looked forward to the new one that just came out, and not impressed at all - quite frustrated, and hope they "fix" it with an update! the old apple tv you had the "podcast" app (apple iTunes has a huge amount of podcasts that dd and I have subscriptions to) the new apple tv does not have access to the podcast app at all! (I googled to find out if it was just me, nope, not there) The old apple tv had pre loaded apps, for tv stations, A&E, PBS, etc - the new apple tv, you have to find them and add them. (Thats a positive and a negative - you don't have a lot of preloaded stuff you'd never use) And Siri doesn't talk back, just answers in print (which we find funny actually)

My DD is 15 years old and below is what I have so far and what I am planning to get

Purchased already:
Kate Spade clutch - I purchased two, one bright pink and one cream colored, at a great Kate Spade sale
Kate Spade necklace
Vineyard Vine long sleeve t-shirt
Walt Disney 'Thrills & Chill's' 4-movie DVD
- we have never seen these movies and I'm hoping they will be good
FabFitFun beauty box subscription - she asked for this box. I'm not sure if I will cancel after the first one or keep up the subscription for the year. I will have to see how much she uses the stuff in the 1st one
misc jewelry items

Some more items that I am looking at:
a large gold colored watch - she has really, really been wanting this for a while now
Blanket Scarf - they are popular right now
A Piko dress and top - also pretty popular right now since they can be dressed up in a variety of ways like with a long necklace, scarf, leggings, boots, etc...
Luggage - she has had her luggage since she was young & it is girly (pink with white polka dots) and she now wants more of a grown-up looking luggage. If I can find a set at a good price then I will get that. I'm hoping to find something at a Black Friday sale
Lacrosse mask - she is trying out for lacrosse this year and will need a mask so I'm making it part of her Christmas presents to open
Portable Bluetooth speaker - hoping to find a decent one at a good price
Gold bar necklace with her initial or name on bar
initial mug from Alter'd State
Devotional book
Clarisonic Mia or Mia 2
- Thinking about purchasing this. This is my question for those that have this. Is the only difference between the two are the speeds? And, does it make a difference if you only have one-speed vs the 2-speed Mia2?

Thanks for the list of ideas. I am done now, but I sent some of the ideas you had to others who have asked for girl ideas! I think my son is going to get all the girls a Blanket Scarf.

I ended up getting the girls a Vera Bradley overnight bag, adult coloring books (amazon had a disney princess one and a Harry Potter one on back order that I should be getting any day), coloring pencils, lip gloss like eos, but its from Sephora because I needed a few more things to get free shipping from JCPenny and those fit the bill and then a Visa gift card.

i thought we had beauty box. But checked the box she got a month or so ago, and it says BB 5, so I guess I mean BB 5. I've never tried Birch Box for me or her.

Agree with others, DD likes some of the cosmetics in Sephora, so yeah, I tend to give gift cards too. My teens also like the movies, so I go to Sams or BJs and get tickets, and give them as part of their "little" gifts. They come in a 2 pack, and some with a $10 gift card. They get to use them anytime and have used them at AMC and Regal without issue. Though for new 3D, I think they still had to pay a surcharge.

Thanks for the reply! I need to look into this. At first glance, I think I'll do the gift boxes so they don't renew.

Clarisonic Mia or Mia 2 - Thinking about purchasing this. This is my question for those that have this. Is the only difference between the two are the speeds? And, does it make a difference if you only have one-speed vs the 2-speed Mia2?

I have the Mia and I am pleased with it. Granted, I don't know what I am missing.

To use either one you'll need a liquid face wash. They usually come with a sample of the Clarisonic face wash. I found it to be too perfume-y for me. I use Neutrogena Simple. It works great. You'll also want to get some refill pads. They are a bit expensive to get the Clarisonic brand. Target sells Up and Up brand pads the fit but they're only sold online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter