2014 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ: Vacationing in Grand Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the awesome welcome! Has anyone ever done the My Princess Tea Party? We have reservations for the first time and I can't wait! It was hard to pull the trigger on the price but I think my girls are going to love it!

:welcome:

Took my granddaughter when she was 7 and she LOVED it. It IS expensive - but worth it when you consider the memories & the "American Girl" type Princess Aurora doll she will receive.

Here are a couple reviews:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3283530&highlight=princess+tea+party

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38847786&posted=1#post38847786 (This is the review that made me decide to take my DGD.)

Have a wonderful time!

Wow Liz, fantastic lion pic!!

CL, I kinda thought that was the case, but worth asking just in case :goodvibes

In Lauderdale, rained out today! Visited mom, now back at hotel doing laundry & packing up. Tomorrow we drive up to Orlando, part 2 of holiday! Portofino 3 days. But tomorrow booked hotel near Universal, we will drive up after check out & go to Orlando outlets. Universal & Portofino start on Sunday.

Last ones for tonight I promise! First is right at dusk and the second is from behind the castle. I loved the geometry of the this one! :)

Everyone have a Grand evening and weekend! :woohoo:

Liz

Last ones for tonight I promise! First is right at dusk and the second is from behind the castle. I loved the geometry of the this one! :)

Everyone have a Grand evening and weekend! :woohoo:

Liz

Beautiful pics, Liz :wizard:.

Thanks for the Grand evening/weekend wishes. Hope you have a Grand one as well :goodvibes.

Ok my first attempt at multi quoting! Its only 2 but you have to start small! Btw the quotes do NOT show up on my iPad/iPhone either.

DH and I decided not to wait! We choose a restaurant each night and make a drink from their menu. Last night was the Magic Star and tonight is the Grand Colada! Not that I would take liberties with the listed ingredients or anything but :stir:

I'll try not to spam photos anymore today!

Liz

Great first attempt at multi-quoting!:thumbsup2 So weird about parts of your post not showing up, and the different look of the page. Frustrating.

LOL about making your own monorail lounge crawl - sounds fun!

We are very much enjoying your photos.:goodvibes

Feel free to take what you need. Just yell at me if I over do it with photos ;)

Liz

Thanks! As others have posted - how can you have too many beautiful photos?!:teeth:

Thank you for the support. I'm surprising the kids (DD10 and DD15) with CL which they love. I was worried about the lounge at BC being temporarily in the presidential suite but when I mentioned it to DD15 in passing (she happened to ask when BCV was getting renovations..so I had an opening) - she said "wow that'd be so cool. So that nailed it.

It will be cool to have the lounge in the Pres. Suite, I've read good things. YAY for your surprise - I cannot keep vacation surprises!:laughing:

I wish I knew. Seems like Disney has been making a lot of not-so-good changes the last few years :rolleyes1.

LOL on starting to question your sanity :laughing:.....maybe they do play music once in awhile, but I know I never heard any during our stay.

Sending good thoughts for great weather for your upcoming trip :wizard:......you are going to have a great time!!!

Thanks!:goodvibes I agree, many of the recent changes have not been to my liking, have I ever mentioned?:rotfl2:

My DD did this for her 9th birthday celebration and absolutely LOVED it. ....

She has also done the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party in 1900 PF. This she has done a number of times (much, much cheaper). She said it was a lot of fun. She is now too old for these activities :sad:.

Aww.:hug: I know, it's hard when they grow out of all the little girl activities. But, eventually there are others to enjoy together.:hyper2:

Wow Liz, fantastic lion pic!!

CL, I kinda thought that was the case, but worth asking just in case :goodvibes

In Lauderdale, rained out today! Visited mom, now back at hotel doing laundry & packing up. Tomorrow we drive up to Orlando, part 2 of holiday! Portofino 3 days. But tomorrow booked hotel near Universal, we will drive up after check out & go to Orlando outlets. Universal & Portofino start on Sunday.

Sorry for the rain on your last day. Safe travels, enjoy your visit to the "dark side"!!:cool2:

Thanks for your response to my PM K&A&C'S mom:)

Sorry I am going to have to catch up on a week of reading but here are a few pics as promised.

This is the toiletries in the CL room. Notice the blue solar gel:goodvibes

Close up of rug detail

Close up of wall paper( on wall behind bed only)

Welcome gift and my champagne from lounge

A couple of observations:

The hamper was there but not lined with fabric

There was a lighted makeup mirror

There were outlets built in on top of BOTH end tables , on the desk and on both the right and left side of dresser:thumbsup2

The red is more brick or cinnamon color in person:goodvibes

The robes were awesome. Dd said best ever. Plush inside and soft outside, very luxe indeed:cloud9:

Bed was super comfy too.

The tub in this room had jets but it is an odd shape and dd didn't like it. In the octagon room (previous stay)the garden tub was better suited for soaking.

The elevator and walk to lounge not too bad but to get to monorail a pain .

This floor is noisy since it is above gaspies. Could hear banging all hours, I repeat all hours. 1am 2am etc, non stop . I just roll over and back to sleep but had my dh been there it would have been a problem.

Next I will post our view. Remember deluxe king is larger octagon room or std shape room with MKV.

Wait for it.....

Deluxe king RPC room 4201

I asked the bell hop if he had a chain saw. He said he hears that often but if I take elevator down and go out in front of gaspies there is a great view.

If I leave my MKV room I can see the castle:scratchin

Here is view left all the way from balcony left side, view of Sago

And from right side standing with shoulder against right wall, view of Sugar Loaf

:thanks::thanks::thanks:, Trishadono!
Pics are awesome.
We had a similar TPV "view" at the Poly on the first floor once. Had to actually go outside to get any view.
Hope the rest of your stay makes up for it!!! Your room itself looks great.

Well I like to leave things on a sweet note, so here it is :

Dessert sampling from RPC lounge :

And tea time sample, scone and mango pineapple trifle:)

:thanks::thanks::thanks:, Trishadono!
Pics are awesome.
We had a similar TPV "view" at the Poly on the first floor once. Had to actually go outside to get any view.
Hope the rest of your stay makes up for it!!! Your room itself looks great.

Yes, thanks for posting, but like someone else said I would not be at all happy at paying for a deluxe room with a theme park view and instead having a tree-only view.

In the end it worked out fine. Our plan had been to enjoy the view of the park and castle from our room since our annual passes expired on the 13th and we checked out late on the 14th.

Since we couldn't see the castle they gave us park tickets for the day and dd and I had a few more hours at her favorite place :

As the family"s FHP ( family happiness planner ) since dd accepted the outcome than that's good enough for me . However, if I had been with a first timer this would not have been acceptable.

In the end it worked out fine. Our plan had been to enjoy the view of the park and castle from our room since our annual passes expired on the 13th and we checked out late on the 14th.

Since we couldn't see the castle they gave us park tickets for the day and dd and I had a few more hours at her favorite place :

As the family"s FHP ( family happiness planner ) since dd accepted the outcome than that's good enough for me . However, if I had been with a first timer this would not have been acceptable.

Thanks so much trishadono for the pictures and report. DH and I looked at the outside those rooms when we visited in July. He commented about the tree in the way but it appeared to only block one room. Even that is one too many at the cost imo. :scared1:

Glad it worked out in the end and you enjoyed the stay! Those scones are making me DROOL!

Hope the whole trip was awesome for you as well as the trip home! I appreciate the room number as I will also add the request NOT to have that one!

Again thank you for the pictures and info.

Liz

Deluxe king RPC room 4201

I asked the bell hop if he had a chain saw. He said he hears that often but if I take elevator down and go out in front of gaspies there is a great view.

If I leave my MKV room I can see the castle:scratchin

Thanks for the pictures! I always seem to end up with the same kind of view... Just wish they would trim the trees a bit more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!