2014 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ: Vacationing in Grand Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

Dd and I just had tea at the GVTR:goodvibes

Have to say Riley is the best. She really is a Grand hostess:thumbsup2

I will post pics when we get home.

I am sitting on my lounge chair with my feet up at poly. My view however is the GF!!!:beach:

:wave: That sounds so nice. I wanted to do the tea this July but they are closed for refurb :(so I'll have to make due with the lounge tea in SL. I'm glad you were able to go with dd. Enjoy the rest of your trip.:goodvibes

mariamouse I'm glad you had a great birthday and there's no such thing as too much ice cream cake. yummmm

Checking in a little later this am, but I see I'm STILL the first...where is everybody?:surfweb:

MariaMouse, let me add a belated happy birthday to you! :bday:
Hope it was all you wanted it to be!

Trish, I missed that you had already left for a trip! What's the plan for today? Inquiring minds...as Blue says..:)

Speaking of, you are down to about a week now, Blue. Are the plans all firmed up? The suitcase fairly ready to go?

My family just moved our reservation to the GF from the Poly for August due to the construction. We've always dreamed of staying at the GF but never thought we would have this opportunity. We are so excited.

I look forward to catching up on this thread as the date gets closer.

Take Care,

Joey

grannyminnie - I'm here! Did anyone ever get a less than polite response to a request from the GF IPO? I did and I was shocked.

I asked to change some of our reservations to 4 instead of 5 people. They can't make all of the times that we are going to dinner. Silly me. I thought it was common courtesy because that opens up a reservation for party of 5.

The response was that I didn't have to change my reservations if 1 person did not show up.

My family just moved our reservation to the GF from the Poly for August due to the construction. We've always dreamed of staying at the GF but never thought we would have this opportunity. We are so excited.

Take Care,

Joey

You're gonna love the GF! This thread is very helpful. Lots of information.

Happy planning.:goodvibes

Greetings friends -- well after my February trip I returned to nothing but chaos and drama at work -- sad to say, these are a few of my favorite things. We are splitting up our company (we are publically traded) and will be half the size we were by the year's end. So, I've been absent due to all the due diligence etc.

But I'm pleased to note, as my ticker indicates, the first week in February we will be back home again! I'm trying to sneak down for F&W (I usually just stay CBR or POR for this as we do all our dining at Epcot then) for a long weekend end of October, but that depends on when the closing takes place -- so far it has moved from June to August, to October to "we hope by Novemebr 1....."

I hope all of you going soon have wonderful trips.

Best regards,

Tom

:wave2: All...

Take Care,

Joey

Congratulations!!! such a wonderful resort! :goodvibes

grannyminnie - I'm here! Did anyone ever get a less than polite response to a request from the GF IPO? I did and I was shocked.

I asked to change some of our reservations to 4 instead of 5 people. They can't make all of the times that we are going to dinner. Silly me. I thought it was common courtesy because that opens up a reservation for party of 5.

The response was that I didn't have to change my reservations if 1 person did not show up.

Always have had polite and helpful CMs ..but was given that same answer when I called to modify the amout of people on a ressie a while ago....I am thinking that maybe there is no way to modify ..other than to cancel and re book...:confused3 I agree though about it being just common courtesy..

Greetings friends -- well after my February trip I returned to nothing but chaos and drama at work -- sad to say, these are a few of my favorite things. We are splitting up our company (we are publically traded) and will be half the size we were by the year's end. So, I've been absent due to all the due diligence etc.

But I'm pleased to note, as my ticker indicates, the first week in February we will be back home again! I'm trying to sneak down for F&W (I usually just stay CBR or POR for this as we do all our dining at Epcot then) for a long weekend end of October, but that depends on when the closing takes place -- so far it has moved from June to August, to October to "we hope by Novemebr 1....."

I hope all of you going soon have wonderful trips.

Best regards,

Tom

Hey Tom Yay for having a new ticker...:cheer2:

grannyminnie speaking of tickers!!!! You are getting to be a pro!!! :thumbsup2 Great new ticker!!! :goodvibes I hope that I will be adding a new one soon too!! ::yes::

Maxie Are you packed!!::: lol...

MickeyNut Whatcha been up to???

Hope that everyone is having a terrific Tuesday...:flower3: preppy GF gal whose cant wait to be on vacation...:moped:

When I did online check in last year I seem to recall a box to check for Dormer. I didn't check it, was the only thing I didn't want :rotfl2: but got!! The room was pretty, but hate the solid balcony, so I went back down to ask for another room.

:goodvibes :upsidedow

Hey Sue ~

Your post made me think of something ---- when we stay at the Poly I always request "3rd floor with balcony" because I like to be on the upper floor and my DH likes to have a balcony. Do I need to request a balcony at the GF? Do all the (upper) rooms have them? If so are they different? I assume when you say solid balcony that means it has more of a wall and not rails?

TIA!
Debbie

:wave2: All...

Congratulations!!! such a wonderful resort! :goodvibes

Always have had polite and helpful CMs ..but was given that same answer when I called to modify the amout of people on a ressie a while ago....I am thinking that maybe there is no way to modify ..other than to cancel and re book...:confused3 I agree though about it being just common courtesy..

Hey Tom Yay for having a new ticker...:cheer2:

grannyminnie speaking of tickers!!!! You are getting to be a pro!!! :thumbsup2 Great new ticker!!! :goodvibes I hope that I will be adding a new one soon too!! ::yes::

Maxie Are you packed!!::: lol...

MickeyNut Whatcha been up to???

Hope that everyone is having a terrific Tuesday...:flower3: preppy GF gal whose cant wait to be on vacation...:moped:

I know, Blue! So proud of myself!! :rolleyes: Just still cannot master multi-quoting! :confused3 The date of that ticker might have to be changed too...but maybe I can handle that now! :thumbsup2

MommyGina, I replied to your post, and, as some say on here, it went "poof"! :rotfl:

Hey Sue ~

Your post made me think of something ---- when we stay at the Poly I always request "3rd floor with balcony" because I like to be on the upper floor and my DH likes to have a balcony. Do I need to request a balcony at the GF? Do all the (upper) rooms have them? If so are they different? I assume when you say solid balcony that means it has more of a wall and not rails?

TIA!
Debbie

Almost all rooms have a balcony no need to request one. The dormer rooms have a smaller balcony that is inclosed, yes that is a solid wall and not rails. Some people don't like them because you can't see over them while sitting, unless you are very tall.

BlueSkies, Hmmmm that is very strange about mousekeping thinking I don't like chocolate. :scratchin Did someone tell them that so they could get extra??? :upsidedow

Yup I'm packed....won't you be surprised when I show up at your door. Remember I did that once. :rotfl2: As I recall mickeynut was with me. :)

Tom and grannyminnie, Yay for new tickers. :yay:

I have a totally random question and I searched this thread and didn't see anything on this. We'll be staying at the GF next week for the very first time. And I have really really thick hair. Can anyone tell me if the standard rooms have a blow dryer and if so, are they any good?? Or should I bring my own?

Any advice from all you GF experts out there???

Thank you!!

Michelle

My daughter bought my granddaughter 50 VGF points for her 20th birthday!!!

We bring them with us on all our Grand vacations. They fell in love with the Grand.

Our family now has 800 VGF points.

Candy

My daughter bought my granddaughter 50 VGF points for her 20th birthday!!!

We bring them with us on all our Grand vacations. They fell in love with the Grand.

Our family now has 800 VGF points.

Candy

Just keep on and maybe you can own that place!!!! :thumbsup2 :) And invite all your "besties"!!!!

My DD14 and I were in the lobby last week (May 29th) before our 1900 Park Faire breakfast reservation at 9:30am and it was a complete zoo.

The lobby was crowded with people, extremely loud, no place to sit and we tried to walk around a bit but there were so many people it was hard to do so.

Is that lobby always like that or was it just because it was a holiday week?

I'm booked there for 2 days in September and like a calm quiet atmosphere in the lobby. Now I'm wondering if the rest of the resort is as much of a madhouse as that lobby was. Please tell me it was a fluke!

We did enjoy our breakfast and DD14 loved the character interaction. She loves Alice in Wonderland so it was the perfect character breakfast for the teenage girl who says she isn't into characters anymore.

My DD14 and I were in the lobby last week (May 29th) before our 1900 Park Faire breakfast reservation at 9:30am and it was a complete zoo.

The lobby was crowded with people, extremely loud, no place to sit and we tried to walk around a bit but there were so many people it was hard to do so.

Is that lobby always like that or was it just because it was a holiday week?

I'm booked there for 2 days in September and like a calm quiet atmosphere in the lobby. Now I'm wondering if the rest of the resort is as much of a madhouse as that lobby was. Please tell me it was a fluke!

We did enjoy our breakfast and DD14 loved the character interaction. She loves Alice in Wonderland so it was the perfect character breakfast for the teenage girl who says she isn't into characters anymore.

I was there last week too and noticed a couple of what appeared to be unusually busy times in the lobby! party: It must have been a combination of different groups meeting up for either a meal, or a wedding event. There were other times when it was quiet. Just the luck of the draw, I guess.

Hey Sue ~

TIA!
Debbie

Yes, the balcony has a solid wall, so sitting down you can't see out. This is what I didn't like. You have to stand up to see anything.
I like having my morning coffee on the balcony and be able to look out.
I've only stayed at GF once before, but I think most rooms have balconies.

Hi hi hi joining in : ) we just added 3 nights to the end of our vacation and staying in a deluxe CL King in main building. We will be starting our vacation November 9 - 19 at Wilderness Lodge for the first time at the resort, and a Grand ending at Floridian November 19 -22
This will be our 11th time at the Floridian and celebrating our 35th anniversary with this 2 week vacation.

Hi hi hi joining in : ) we just added 3 nights to the end of our vacation and staying in a deluxe CL King in main building. We will be starting our vacation November 9 - 19 at Wilderness Lodge for the first time at the resort, and a Grand ending at Floridian November 19 -22
This will be our 11th time at the Floridian and celebrating our 35th anniversary with this 2 week vacation.

Happy Anniversary!!! :banana: you picked a great place to celebrate it!

And my first question on this thread ... If I have left over park days from my package at wilderness lodge can they be used during our stay at Floridian for the parks? Or are they not allowed to be used after we leave wilderness lodge?

Hi !

Dd and I just had tea at the GVTR:goodvibes

Have to say Riley is the best. She really is a Grand hostess:thumbsup2

I will post pics when we get home.

I am sitting on my lounge chair with my feet up at poly. My view however is the GF!!!:beach:

Love the GF Tea. On our last visit I noticed they changed the Trifle! Before they served it from a big bowl. Now they are pre made. Still good, just different.

How's Poly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter