2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 16-17

We are official - BCV July 15 - 23!!! Made our ADR's today at our 180 mark and got everything that we wanted at the times we wanted them! SO EXCITED for our first stay in a villa!

I'll update your info on the list.

Congrats on your reservations.

:woohoo:

Can you please add us to the Be Our Guest thread? YC Aug17-24. 1st trip to Epcot resort with 15 family members!

thanks! 8:-)

:welcome:

Will do!

:cool1:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

It was the beaches design at Christmas. They added a rapid fill picture and had newer colors for handles. We were offered translucent purple or green. Other resorts had orange. This was at Coronado.

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing for entrance to SAB, do they still give your bracelet like before.

Can you add us to the be our guest, Jul 11-16, party of 7. I can't wait to be at the BC.

How do you get onto the 5th floor for CL guests now? I thought I remembered that you used your room cars in the elevator. Is there a mb reader in the elevator now? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

How do you get onto the 5th floor for CL guests now? I thought I remembered that you used your room cars in the elevator. Is there a mb reader in the elevator now? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Yes, there is a MB reader in the elevators. Both your MB and key card (if they're still using them) will work to get you to the 5th floor.

Key to the World cards are gone at the Y&B. You do not get them. Just the Magic Bands.

Looks like Beach Club is going to be my first ever deluxe hotel stay!

We are booked in a garden view room for May 15-17. We wanted to stay at an Epcot resort so that we could better enjoy Star Wars Weekends.

I am going to have to spend some time looking through this thread.

A while back someone asked about room views/locations for CL Garden View. We stayed in room 5627 in 2012, AWESOME location! This was our "garden" view, off to the left:

When you step out of the elevator bank on the Club Level, we were the first room on the right. It had a full balcony, was surprisingly quiet, and we LOVED it. No daybed.....not the biggest room but it worked great for us. We looked directly down over the back entrance, which was fantastic for people watching. I am an early riser, and love to sit out in the morning while the rest of my family sleeps. It's great watching the Epcot resort area "come alive" in the morning.

So excited to be staying at BC this August. Just need to book flights, hopefully prices will come down. It will be our first time staying at BC. it is my DHs 3rd time to WDW, DD(3)s 2nd time (this is our BB from last august), DFILs 1st time. Our dates are 8/24-8/29 in GV. Look forward to it. And thanks to everyone who posts for all the info. Even though I've been to disney a bunch of times it is only my 2nd time staying onsite. :).

Hi All! For our July stay we are thinking of doing a night on the BW - maybe grab a slice of pizza... enjoy the entertainment... are there any places that you would recommend eating? Or things you would recommend doing?

page 17-18

Looks like Beach Club is going to be my first ever deluxe hotel stay!

We are booked in a garden view room for May 15-17. We wanted to stay at an Epcot resort so that we could better enjoy Star Wars Weekends.

I am going to have to spend some time looking through this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

There is a wealth of info and many pictures plus links to more info on the first couple of pages of the thread. Start with the FAQ (Post 13) and More Helpful Info (Post 14).

But please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

So excited to be staying at BC this August. Just need to book flights, hopefully prices will come down. It will be our first time staying at BC. it is my DHs 3rd time to WDW, DD(3)s 2nd time (this is our BB from last august), DFILs 1st time. Our dates are 8/24-8/29 in GV. Look forward to it. And thanks to everyone who posts for all the info. Even though I've been to disney a bunch of times it is only my 2nd time staying onsite. :).

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

As I mentioned above- you fill find a lot of info here, and many friendly people who are glad to help with questions, if we know the answer.

:woohoo:

A while back someone asked about room views/locations for CL Garden View. We stayed in room 5627 in 2012, AWESOME location! This was our "garden" view, off to the left:

When you step out of the elevator bank on the Club Level, we were the first room on the right. It had a full balcony, was surprisingly quiet, and we LOVED it. No daybed.....not the biggest room but it worked great for us. We looked directly down over the back entrance, which was fantastic for people watching. I am an early riser, and love to sit out in the morning while the rest of my family sleeps. It's great watching the Epcot resort area "come alive" in the morning.

Thanks!

May I add this post to the Beach Club view thread in the Resort Photo Sub Forum? PS- Don't look at that thread until you give me the ok. :lmao:

FYI- Here is a Disney Food Blog about the Captain's Grille. We had two meals there on our very short, 5 day trip last summer and both lunch and dinner were fantastic!

We had the clam chowder pictured and described in the blog and it was amazing. It may not look like typical New England Clam chowder, but it was so yummy (and it didn't have tomatoes)

:stir:

I'll link this blog post to the Dining Info on Page 1.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/...sh-for-captains-grille-at-disneys-yacht-club/

Hi All! For our July stay we are thinking of doing a night on the BW - maybe grab a slice of pizza... enjoy the entertainment... are there any places that you would recommend eating? Or things you would recommend doing?

Boardwalk Comments Please!!!

Question- is there someplace that you can see an entertainment schedule for the sidewalk performers? If I get a chance, I will mosey on over to the BWI FAQ to see if they have a listing

Here is my contribution to your question, which actually is a cautionary tale, not just of the BW Bakery, but any "Pay What You Weigh" candy spots in Disney

From my "3rd Annual we are NEVER going to Disney in the Summer Again" 2009 Trip Report

It was somewhere around 7:30 when we finished our meal at Cape May Cafe. We had never been to the Boardwalk before, so we decided to head over there after our meal. The boat was right at the International Gateway dock, so we took the ride.

IMG_1405.jpg

We watched a magician for a while. He gave Nate a rope to check during the show. We didn’t see any other street perfomers while we were there.

IMG_1408.jpg

We asked the magician if we could tip him and he said no, but we could mention him favorably if we filled out any comment cards or surveys. We were absolutely stuffed , but we decided to check out Boardwalk Bakery anyway.

IMG_1411.jpg

The baked goods did not appeal to us at the moment, but the boys saw CANDY! It was sold it by weight, the sign said $3.99. Each boy got a small bag of candy. “That will be $9.38”. What?!? Warning, Warning, Warning! The prices quoted are PER QUARTER POUND, not per pound.

After paying something like 50 cents per Skittle, we popped into the ESPN gift shop. We didn’t really see anything we wanted. We did get a pressed penny from here, though.

At this point, it was probably 8:15 or so, and the boys decided to return to the room.

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!