2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you guys think that because now Beaches and Cream is accepting ADR's, it will be near impossible to get in even though we are staying there?

We plan to eat at Crew's Cup Lounge for an early dinner and Captain's Grille for breakfast (usually don't need ADR) and we wanted to eat at Beaches and Cream, but I don't want to make an ADR.

It's just two of us.

Thanks! :)

So do you guys think that because now Beaches and Cream is accepting ADR's, it will be near impossible to get in even though we are staying there? We plan to eat at Crew's Cup Lounge for an early dinner and Captain's Grille for breakfast (usually don't need ADR) and we wanted to eat at Beaches and Cream, but I don't want to make an ADR. It's just two of us. Thanks! :)

We tried to eat at Beaches & Cream in October while staying at BC around 7pm & they turned us away. Boy was I ticked. Just the 2 of us. Ended up having horrible food from Hurricane Hannas. We did however have reservation for the captains grille for breakfast & it was pretty full.

I've been away for quite awhile. So happy to be back. Great reading about all of you again.

My husband and I will be back at the BC April 27 - May 8. My son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter join us on May 2. I'm so excited about this trip. I've really missed the BC.

We were about to book WL for this October. My sister and family want to do a combined trip this June and she loves the BC. They are a family of 5 so I am okay letting her dictate the resort. I however LOVE the WL and spend many days at MK. So 2 questions.

1.Tell me why you love the BC!

2. Balcony - we will likely stay CL. If I request a full balcony as my only request how likely is it that I will get it? What % of rooms have a balcony?

Oh man, it was only $124 difference between standard view and garden view, so we just upgraded to garden view!! :rotfl::rotfl:

We're going to be there 9 nights, so I'm sure we'll appreciate a nice view. :)

Thanks for the tip Wood Nymph! My plan is to have our TA request daybeds and rooms close together (2 rooms). I am hoping with only those as our preferences that we will get them. We don't really care about a view because we usually just sleep in room - plan on spending down time at SAB!!!

We just booked YC-CL for 5/14-5/21. This will be our first time staying here as we usually stay BWI-CL. but they will be under renovations. I can then officially say we have stayed at all the Epcot Resorts. :cool1:

We were about to book WL for this October. My sister and family want to do a combined trip this June and she loves the BC. They are a family of 5 so I am okay letting her dictate the resort. I however LOVE the WL and spend many days at MK. So 2 questions.

2. Balcony - we will likely stay CL. If I request a full balcony as my only request how likely is it that I will get it? What % of rooms have a balcony?

1. We love both the WL and the BC. The two resorts will give you different experiences. The BC has larger rooms which are a lot brighter than the WL rooms. The main pool is huge, and there are two quiet pools, three if you count the YC quiet pool. There are plenty of dining options that are just a short walk from the BC. Epcot is literally steps away. A BC stay for us is full of time spent at Epcot while a WL stay centers more around MK. The buses are better at the BC than at the WL, mostly because you walk or take a boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom is a short ride away. The bus usually only shares with YC, which is a lot nicer than the WL bus that shares with either FW or GF. The bus to the MK goes directly from the BC to MK after it picks up at the YC. Once in awhile the bus shares with BWI, Swan and Dolphin, but not very often. You can always walk through Epcot and take the monorail to the MK.

In spite of all that, Roaring Forks has the Marketplace beat, hands down, for counter service options. We like both resorts. We are going to be at WL next week and will be staying at the BC in March for the Flower and Garden Show. :)

2. We've never stayed CL, but I understand that a lot of club level rooms have full balconies.

It's taken me several days to get enough oomph to write this post as I've been in a deep funk. Dee, it pains me terribly to say this but please take me off the BoG list in February. When the CM discount was released for late February, neither YC nor BC had availability for all my dates. And my traveling companions decided they would rather stay at one resort instead of resort hop. So now we are staying in a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for the Princess Half Marathon weekend.

My "no longer staying at YC"-induced depression has been helped by the fact that my companions said yes to doing the KTTK tour AND a Wishes fireworks cruise. We have room for three additional people on our cruise if anyone is available on 2/21 at 7:30. We would divide the cost of the cruise by the number of people who partake in it.

I do find some solace in that I'll be staying at BC in June with my family. Yay!

what is the best time of day to use SAB as far as crowds? I was planning on using it for a mid day break but was thinking that might not work out since we are going in August and everyone talks about the daily afternoon storm. How late is it open in the evening? Also, do those August storms typically happen in the early or late afternoon?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!!! So excited about our first stay at the BC!!!!!

We have stayed at the BC in late August for the past several years. Three years ago we had ZERO storms. I mean, not a drop. But, in 2012, it rained every afternoon, sometimes early and sometimes right as we were getting ready to head back out for the evening. One day, we were at SAB, and a storm rolled in out of nowhere...we all ran for cover. I was sitting at an outside table at the entrance to Beaches and Cream, the wind picked up and it was like a mini-hurricane - the umbrella at my table literally flew out of its holder and across to the chairs next to the pool! Thank God no one was there. However, just five minutes later the sun came shining out and everyone raced right back to the pool.

So, to answer your question, the afternoon storms can happen anytime, anywhere on property, they can be light or downright severe. Also remember that the Florida summer afternoon sun is "wicked" hot (yes, I'm from Massachusetts:)) and it can be hard to take for an entire afternoon. I'm talking beating on you, Africa hot. It doesn't stop a lot of people from hanging by the pool, so grabbing a shady spot should be a priority if you can manage it.
We are headed to the BC in March for just two nights. My daughter is in a college sports tournament at ESPN, so we are staying with the team off property for 5 days, then my hubby and I are sneaking off from everyone for some BC time.....I literally cannot wait:goodvibes But, still trying to manage that August trip again this year, fingers crossed!

page 13-14

OK, this is the fast-moving, can't keep up with it thread I am used to...

We just finalized our dates for our October trip...10/30-11/9 @ BC!

Woohoo! Time to make a ticker!

:wizard:

I'll up date the list.

:goodvibes

Hi,
I am new, so I really apologize if I missed this info elsewhere.
We will be staying at BC at the end of May. I recently read another thread that mentioned a pool closure at a resort, and it made me wonder...are there any scheduled closures for SAB?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page 1.

:cool1:

Thanks! We are 8/22-8/25 :)

My worry about the MBs is we are doing a split stay and moving over to BWV. However we aren't going to go check in until we are done at SAB. I'm thinking we will skip online check in for BWV so we don't get checked in since all the MBs seem to link together when you have multiple bands from what I'm reading.

I'll update the listing.

As far as I know, you should be all set to enjoy SAB on the day you check out.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but even if you do the online checkin, you are not officially checked in until you actually show up at the resort front desk. Is that the same if you have a split stay?

:thumbsup2

Thank you for adding us to the list. Our official dates are 7/27-30 at the BC.

You are welcome! I'll update your listing.

:)

Hello! We don't have anything officially on the books yet, but we are hoping to stay at the BCV September 20-24. We are renting points from someone who owns at AKV, so we have to wait for the 7 month mark. Anybody know if there is any possibility of getting a studio at the 7 month mark? It's the weekend before F&W starts, so we were hoping it wouldn't be an issue. Thanks! :)

I don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to give you a :welcome: to this thread.

Please let us know if you get a villa here for September.

:cool2:

So excited Hubby and I finally decided today to book a DISNEY trip and stay at Beach Club its been our dream to stay here and we just decided its a GO! And making my dream of a December Trip come true with seeing all the Christmas goodies :) YIPPIE

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:santa:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

We will be at the Beach Club March 29th-31st while I attempt to attend a conference!

Mike

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list

:yay:

We just booked for August 16-23 at the YC - :worship: Club level :cool1:

We visited the YC- Club level in May 2012. We look forward to a return visit.

We had a blast for 3 nights. Look forward to more time there this time.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

More is better!

:woohoo:

I've been away for quite awhile. So happy to be back. Great reading about all of you again.

My husband and I will be back at the BC April 27 - May 8. My son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter join us on May 2. I'm so excited about this trip. I've really missed the BC.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

Sounds like a wonderful trip, a little bit of couple time/a little bit of family time.

:cheer2:

:welcome: to the thread.

I haven't stayed at the WL, so I can't give you any comparison between the two resorts.

I LOVE how easy it is to get into EPCOT- a five to seven minute walk to the wonderful dining options or to see Illuminations at the end of the night.

The pool is awesome!

I love the vibe, décor and CMs at the resort.

:cheer2: Teena! :cheer2:

There is a higher percentage of full balconies at club level. I believe between 75 and 80% of the rooms have full balconies. If you are able to book a Garden View room, all of the rooms currently in that view designation at club level have full balconies.

:thumbsup2

Continued in Next Post

Oh man, it was only $124 difference between standard view and garden view, so we just upgraded to garden view!! :rotfl::rotfl:

We're going to be there 9 nights, so I'm sure we'll appreciate a nice view. :)

Good call! I'll update your listing.

We just booked YC-CL for 5/14-5/21. This will be our first time staying here as we usually stay BWI-CL. but they will be under renovations. I can then officially say we have stayed at all the Epcot Resorts. :cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

It's taken me several days to get enough oomph to write this post as I've been in a deep funk. Dee, it pains me terribly to say this but please take me off the BoG list in February. When the CM discount was released for late February, neither YC nor BC had availability for all my dates. And my traveling companions decided they would rather stay at one resort instead of resort hop. So now we are staying in a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for the Princess Half Marathon weekend.

My "no longer staying at YC"-induced depression has been helped by the fact that my companions said yes to doing the KTTK tour AND a Wishes fireworks cruise. We have room for three additional people on our cruise if anyone is available on 2/21 at 7:30. We would divide the cost of the cruise by the number of people who partake in it.

I do find some solace in that I'll be staying at BC in June with my family. Yay!

:sad1:

However, on the bright side- I'm sure you will appreciate all the room you will have in the villa. How many people are sharing the rooms?

The tour and fireworks cruise are great additions to your trip. I wish I was going to be there so I could join you!

We are headed to the BC in March for just two nights. My daughter is in a college sports tournament at ESPN, so we are staying with the team off property for 5 days, then my hubby and I are sneaking off from everyone for some BC time.....I literally cannot wait:goodvibes But, still trying to manage that August trip again this year, fingers crossed!

That is wicked awesome news, fellow New Englander!

I'll add you to the list for March, and I"ll save a spot in August for when you book that trip. Bounceback, anyone???

:woohoo:

Now that they have bands, how do they screen for people staying at BC, I'm wondering cause I have my nice joining us for a day and wondering if she will be able to go in the pool. In the past we would give he one of my daughters card and they would give her a bracelet.

Only scheduled pool closure I've heard of is the slide only is going down for a week starting sometime this week I believe.

I haven't seen anything mentioned about the typical winter pool maintenance where a portion of the pool is taken out of service for a short time. Is the slide the only planned work you know about?

Yes, like Dee said, SAB doesn't open until later in the morning (10 am I think last summer), however, that doesn't mean a competition isn't going on!

One of my DH's favorite BC stories to tell is the time he was waiting outside the entrance to SAB near Hurricane Hannah's. He headed down before us to grab a frozen drink and to get us a table with umbrella as we were spending the day at the pool.

He could tell there was something brewing between a couple of ladies who obviously had their eye on the same table. As the CM let guests in for the day, those two took off at full speed trying to outdo one another.

One lady goes as fast as she can walking the pathway between the sand bar and the lazy river to wrap back around to the table just on the other side of the kiddie pool area.

The other lady has her flip flops off and goes flying into the zero entry pool, attempting to "run" across the pool with her belongings help up over her head and get to the table first using her "shortcut."

He truly couldn't believe what he was seeing.:scared1:

As I recall, the walker ended up "winning" and was the lucky recipient of not only of the coveted table but the ole' stink eye as well. But I don't think she cared 'cuz she was looking like this ... :beach:

SO ... the point is, there will be several people there waiting to enter when it opens up but as long as you are one of them, you won't have a problem getting a covered area either at the tables around the kiddie area, across from the sinking sands or even up under the pergola.

If you only want chairs, there will be plenty at that time. The tables are harder to come by after about 10:30 am -10:45 am or so until someone leaves.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That story cracked me up!

There is no path through water to the happy hunting grounds…Captain Hook

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

As did this response!

1. We love both the WL and the BC. The two resorts will give you different experiences. The BC has larger rooms which are a lot brighter than the WL rooms. The main pool is huge, and there are two quiet pools, three if you count the YC quiet pool. There are plenty of dining options that are just a short walk from the BC. Epcot is literally steps away. A BC stay for us is full of time spent at Epcot while a WL stay centers more around MK. The buses are better at the BC than at the WL, mostly because you walk or take a boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom is a short ride away. The bus usually only shares with YC, which is a lot nicer than the WL bus that shares with either FW or GF. The bus to the MK goes directly from the BC to MK after it picks up at the YC. Once in awhile the bus shares with BWI, Swan and Dolphin, but not very often. You can always walk through Epcot and take the monorail to the MK.

In spite of all that, Roaring Forks has the Marketplace beat, hands down, for counter service options. We like both resorts. We are going to be at WL next week and will be staying at the BC in March for the Flower and Garden Show. :)

A lot of the questions we get from new posters ask about comparisons to other resorts they are familiar with and may love. I would like to add a section to the Photo/Video/Review/Trip Report Post (Page 2) with people's honest impressions of the BC/YC/BCV compared to other Disney resorts.

Wood Nymph- may I add a link to the thoughts you gave above?

:goodvibes

Now that they have bands, how do they screen for people staying at BC, I'm wondering cause I have my nice joining us for a day and wondering if she will be able to go in the pool. In the past we would give he one of my daughters card and they would give her a bracelet.

When is your trip? Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I'm not sure about the answer to your question now that Magic Bands are being used for SAB entry. Technically, only guests of the resort should be admitted to SAB. In the past, you could add someone on to your reservation for a night or two if there was still space occupancy available in your room, I think adding an adult to the room involves a per-night extra adult fee. Not sure if that is still the case.

Your niece won't be able to join you at SAB. However, if you add her to the reservation for your entire trip, then she will have a magic band the same as yours saying she is staying at the BC. Guests are not allowed at SAB. Day guests can be added to your reservation for a night at a time but they get a key that only opens the door to your room. That key will not give them access to SAB!!

If you are on a package with tickets and dining plan, obviously you would not want to add your niece on the reservation. However, if you have a room only reservation and you have less than five people on your reservation, I'd just add your niece to your reservation. Maximum in the room is five people. You would need to do this asap so you can order her a magic band too.

If you don't have a room only reservation, then she wouldn't be allowed in SAB. However, you can always go to one of the quiet pools or if you had planned a whole day at SAB with her, instead you could all go to a water park.

Not sure how to say this without sounding like I'm preaching. I only want EVERYBODY to get a heads up about this subject and please know I'm definitely not judging anybody - just want people to know what can happen. Everyone should know that the way the above poster got his niece into SAB in the past, although it might have worked, it was not allowed. If he had been caught transferring the room key to his niece to get a wrist band for SAB, he could have been asked to not only leave the pool, but also to leave the hotel totally. I've seen people get caught before and some of the times, due to circumstances (how they reacted to being caught), they were asked to pack up and leave the premises totally. Room keys and magic bands, etc. are NON TRANSFERABLE. Some guests just don't know the rules and some do and figure out ways to cheat the system. Beware though that especially now with the magic bands, they are really really cracking down and you can be asked to totally leave the Y&B if you are caught. It's just not worth ii in my opinion.

I know lots of people think you should be able to purchase a day pass for a friend or extra family member. But if you sit down and really think about it, you'd agree that that wouldn't work. If ONLY HALF the occupied rooms at the BC, YC and BCV on any given day purchased a day pass for ONE extra person and went to SAB, there would not be room at SAB for most of our "paying" guests. If you allow one person, you have to allow everybody. So to keep it fair, they decided no more exceptions to the rules. At least there are quiet pools that we do allow friends and guests access to.

My post is only meant to inform. If you know going in that you can't take a friend of the family in for a day, then there are no surprises. If you think you have figured out a way around it to sneak someone in, just know that you can be asked to leave the property, not just the pool.

Hope nobody gets upset at me for posting this. Again, just want everybody to know the way it is.

I haven't seen anything mentioned about the typical winter pool maintenance where a portion of the pool is taken out of service for a short time. Is the slide the only planned work you know about?

I asked last weekend when I worked and was told only the slide is going down for routine maintenance and at this time, no other typical winter pool maintenance is scheduled for this year. YIPPPEEE!!!

page 13-14

OK, this is the fast-moving, can't keep up with it thread I am used to...
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Good to have things back to normal:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Teena-just wanted to say thanks for your post. Always think it's better for people to know up-front what to expect and I have to say I totally agree with the rules and their enforcement:goodvibes

We have a garden view room reserved at BC. What would be some room requests I should think about?

Personally I would request a courtyard, not woods, view. However, if you want to be down near the secret exit by Epcot, then requesting a woods view near Epcot is the way to go. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter