2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks friends, for your kind comments!

Hi! We are planning 2 stays at Beach Club this year (have never stayed there before). The first is January 18-20 (in 8 days!!!) and the second will be August 22-26. Thanks. :)

:welcome: to the thread!

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list.

TWO TIMES!!!

:cool1::yay:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Yay to the update! :cool1: I hoping we will be returning in June... crossing fingers!

That is exciting news! Please keep us posted!

:goodvibes

Just booked the yacht club for June 12-19! Can't wait, never stayed there before. We are staying club level. Is there a menu of the offerings anywhere? I know when we stayed at poly cl I was able to find a list if the offerings for each night.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

I haven't seen a menu for the club level food offerings. The best we can do is direct you to the club level post on Page 1 (Post 11, I believe) for more information and pictures. I have a thread linked there that shows what was available in the lounge during my stay in July at the Beach Club- food is the same at both lounges. This should you some ideas about what you might find.

Yay, a spanking new home for the new year!!! I have to go back and check it all out....

Dee in true changing fashion I have a change...dropped cl. Same dates, there is just so much more I can do with that money..and with the rates for two rooms I'm saving $2000! Sorry I havent posted too much, classes for me started up again but I'm a lurking!

:wave:

I'll make the adjustment to your listing.

Checking in!!

Feels good to say that even though the REAL checking in has to wait until July. :)

Yay, a spanking new home for the new year!!! I have to go back and check it all out....

Dee in true changing fashion I have a change...dropped cl. Same dates, there is just so much more I can do with that money..and with the rates for two rooms I'm saving $2000! Sorry I havent posted too much, classes for me started up again but I'm a lurking!

:wave: our RC Queen!;) :goodvibes :hug:

Thanks for our new home Dee. GREAT job as always!!

Just stopping by to say Hi to everyone. I've been away from the DIS the last few weeks because we sold our house in Massachusetts and moved to Florida!! We're a little over an hour from WDW, so I see many quick trips in the future. Good thing we have APs. :)

Ed

We are planning the last two weeks of August 2015 trip and this is my #1 resort choice. Hoping for a great pin code.

Originally had August 2014 planned but we have to move that month. We had BC booked but I had to cancel.

I want to go for 10-11 days but I can't take off two weeks for a vacation plus time off to move. Also moving and a huge trip in the same month.....:scared1::scared1: Expenses and sanity play a huge role.

Loving the thread! :lovestruc

Just stopping by to say Hi to everyone. I've been away from the DIS the last few weeks because we sold our house in Massachusetts and moved to Florida!! We're a little over an hour from WDW, so I see many quick trips in the future. Good thing we have APs. :)

Ed

Whaaaattt????

How could you leave this bone-chilling cold and "beautiful" blankets of snow?

:cold:

PS- any houses for sale in your new neighborhood?

Thanks Dee for everything you do. You are the glue that holds us all together and we love you!!!!
Agreed!!! And Teena you are definitely part of that glue! Thank you for allowing us to watch beautiful Lily grow up into quite the Disney Princess :goodvibes

Thanks Dee! I wanted to take this time to let everyone know that I don't like tic tacs... I LOVE altoids and I DO NOT share them.. with a fly anyway!

~N
:rotfl:

:wave:

I'll make the adjustment to your listing.
Thank you!!

:wave: our RC Queen!;) :goodvibes :hug:
Hi Christine :hug:

Ed
Nice!!! Congrats! :thumbsup2

Subbing to the new thread...thanks Dee for all you do. Going to BC from 3/20-3/25...can't wait:banana:

My DH and I will be at the BC from May 3 - May 13. Can't wait!!!

That's fun!

Your signature shows that you have stayed BCV many times! We are doing a cash reservation in a 1 bedroom for the first time in July... is there anything about it that you (being a veteran villa vacationer) could share with me that I may not have seen or learned yet? How is the walk to SAB? To the DHS boat? To BW? I just want to know as much as possible!

Whaaaattt????

How could you leave this bone-chilling cold and "beautiful" blankets of snow?

:cold:

PS- any houses for sale in your new neighborhood?

It was tough decision (NOT!!). With our DS in college down here (Florida Tech in Melbourne) it was really a no-brainer. Instead of having to fly back and forth to Boston (and the hassle and expense), it's only a 2 1/2 hour drive for him to come home, or for us to visit him. Sorry, but we REALLY don't miss the snow and cold weather (it's 75 and sunny right now). Yes, it will be hot in the summer but I would rather pay for A/C than $500 a month for heating oil in the winter up there.

As for houses for sale - there are plenty of resales, plus they're building a lot of new construction as well. Come on down!!

Just popping in to say Thank You Dee. I appreciate all the time you devote to this thread and all your hard work.

I have just learned that I will be in Orlando in February for a conference for work. DH has decided to join me. He is taking vacation and will visit "The Dark Side" on the days I am working.
It is late to be booking rooms, so the closest we could get to the Convention Center (where I need to be every day) was the Courtyard in Lake Buena Vista. It is going to be torture to be so close and not spend time in the parks. But we will be down and buying AP's in October, so it is just not in the budget for passes for February. I did book ADR's for dinner at Ragland Road, Crossroads at House of Blues and the Turf Club at SSR for 3 of our nights there.
I will have to get my fix at DTD. Interestingly, when we visit for F & W we often don't spend much time in DTD. So this is an opportunity to experience something different.

Hi all! Just a few more months until we arrive at Beach Club, so I'm starting to get my room requests in order.

So far, I know I'd like to be on the ground floor. We have a large stroller, so avoiding elevators is a big convenience for us.

Other than that, I'm thinking about requesting a room over near the Epcot side, for a few reasons. We will be spending most of our park days at Epcot, and my parents are spending a few days at BWI, so it will be a slightly shorter walk for us to meet up with them.

I know the trade off is a longer walk to SAB, the lobby, and transportation, but I think the Epcot-focus outweighs that.

Am I missing any key detail to help me make a more informed choice?

I just got off the phone with the nicest Chef that provides the offerings for Club level. I have dietary restrictions and she assured me that they would provide things for me to snack on. It was just so nice, I have had a hard time in the past being able to get things I could eat. I know they change Chef's every now and again so I hope she's still there in May. :)

Yay new thread!!!! Only a little over 9 months before we get there :) Question, I see BC is being renovated this year. I had heard rumors that BCV will be as well. Anyone know anything?

Yay new thread!!!! Only a little over 9 months before we get there :) Question, I see BC is being renovated this year. I had heard rumors that BCV will be as well. Anyone know anything?

Yes, all three buildings are due. BC is first so until that's almost done, we won't know the other (YC and BCV) schedules or time frames.

How necessary is it to have ADR's for breakfast at Captain's Grille? My husband and I have 2 mornings that we want to eat there and we do have ADR's but I don't want to be tied down to a specific time. I just wasn't sure how busy they are at breakfast time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!