2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:scratchin
How necessary is it to have ADR's for breakfast at Captain's Grille? My husband and I have 2 mornings that we want to eat there and we do have ADR's but I don't want to be tied down to a specific time. I just wasn't sure how busy they are at breakfast time.

We have walked up at 8am in August and been seated straight away.

Subbing to the new thread...thanks Dee for all you do. Going to BC from 3/20-3/25...can't wait:banana:

:welcome: back

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

My DH and I will be at the BC from May 3 - May 13. Can't wait!!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list

:woohoo:

Just popping in to say Thank You Dee. I appreciate all the time you devote to this thread and all your hard work.

I have just learned that I will be in Orlando in February for a conference for work. DH has decided to join me. He is taking vacation and will visit "The Dark Side" on the days I am working.
It is late to be booking rooms, so the closest we could get to the Convention Center (where I need to be every day) was the Courtyard in Lake Buena Vista. It is going to be torture to be so close and not spend time in the parks. But we will be down and buying AP's in October, so it is just not in the budget for passes for February. I did book ADR's for dinner at Ragland Road, Crossroads at House of Blues and the Turf Club at SSR for 3 of our nights there.
I will have to get my fix at DTD. Interestingly, when we visit for F & W we often don't spend much time in DTD. So this is an opportunity to experience something different.

Maybe not Disney, but it is Florida in February and that sound pretty darned good to me!

:goodvibes

Hi all! Just a few more months until we arrive at Beach Club, so I'm starting to get my room requests in order.

So far, I know I'd like to be on the ground floor. We have a large stroller, so avoiding elevators is a big convenience for us.

Other than that, I'm thinking about requesting a room over near the Epcot side, for a few reasons. We will be spending most of our park days at Epcot, and my parents are spending a few days at BWI, so it will be a slightly shorter walk for us to meet up with them.

I know the trade off is a longer walk to SAB, the lobby, and transportation, but I think the Epcot-focus outweighs that.

Am I missing any key detail to help me make a more informed choice?

Sounds like you have thought through what is important for you.

:)

I just got off the phone with the nicest Chef that provides the offerings for Club level. I have dietary restrictions and she assured me that they would provide things for me to snack on. It was just so nice, I have had a hard time in the past being able to get things I could eat. I know they change Chef's every now and again so I hope she's still there in May. :)

I'm glad to hear that the chef seemed responsive to your needs. I will be interested in hearing how the concierge and resort accommodate your dietary restrictions when you get back.

:thumbsup2

That's fun!

Your signature shows that you have stayed BCV many times! We are doing a cash reservation in a 1 bedroom for the first time in July... is there anything about it that you (being a veteran villa vacationer) could share with me that I may not have seen or learned yet? How is the walk to SAB? To the DHS boat? To BW? I just want to know as much as possible!

We love being able to walk to EPCOT. We also love the relaxed feel of the Beach Club. The area can't be beat. There are so many dining options in the area between the hotels - BC, YC, BW, Swan and Dolphin and EPCOT. The walk to SAB is 5 - 10 minutes depending on where you are located in the villas. The walk to the DHS boat is a few minutes past SAB. Boardwalk is a 10 minute walk. You have to stop by and chat with Teena (she greets guests in the lobby as they arrive). Enjoy your stay!!!

We are going back at BC Aug 17-30 :cool1:. We just love the Epcot resorts and the pool is going to be awesome for the kids with the Florida heat :beach:.

The quiet of the last few weeks lulled me into thinking I could just stroll over to this new thread at my leisure, but.... I turned my back for a second and we are already on page 5.

Thanks for all your work Dee, and congrats on 10,000 posts (that's a crazy high amount!)

Nanette - I have no idea how you put up with both NinjaMom and Buzzy in one trip. :sad2:

We love being able to walk to EPCOT. We also love the relaxed feel of the Beach Club. The area can't be beat. There are so many dining options in the area between the hotels - BC, YC, BW, Swan and Dolphin and EPCOT. The walk to SAB is 5 - 10 minutes depending on where you are located in the villas. The walk to the DHS boat is a few minutes past SAB. Boardwalk is a 10 minute walk. You have to stop by and chat with Teena (she greets guests in the lobby as they arrive). Enjoy your stay!!!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to meeting Teena from all that I have read on this board. She sounds lovely! :)

Just home from 75 minutes of standing in the FREEZING cold watching my son play footy (soccer) so decided to thaw out while looking at all the FAQ again just for the craic and have to say I have been laughing out loud at all the noodle pics:rotfl2: I forgot they attended your wedding Pinkgirl :rotfl:

Really just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for this thread :goodvibes

Dee - Congratulations! Happy 10,000 post!!!!

You do an amazing job with this thread - thanks for all your hard work!

Good morning Dee...I know you're crazy busy but when you get a moment, can you add us to the list? We'll be at the BC 10/19-10/23..

Thanks so much!

Good morning Dee...I know you're crazy busy but when you get a moment, can you add us to the list? We'll be at the BC 10/19-10/23..

Thanks so much!

Sorry about that! I appreciate the reminder.

I have you on my handwritten list from the last thread, but never added you or bcbmommy.

Correcting that now.

:goodvibes

Yay. Finally caught the episode of Cake Boss with Buddy at Disney and in the kitchens at Yacht Club!

We are going back at BC Aug 17-30 :cool1:. We just love the Epcot resorts and the pool is going to be awesome for the kids with the Florida heat :beach:.

:cool1: we may see you round the pool. Our DDs are around the same age.
Our DD will turn 10 whilst we are at Yacht Club.

Does anyone know what percentage discount Beach Club got for last summer's discount? Mousesavers say the discounts were 5-30 percent but doesn't say what resorts got which. I just realized (how did I not know this?) that the delux resorts prices go down quite a bit late July and August. If I can get a discount too, I think I might be able to change my june POR reservation to early August Beach Club!!! Here's hoping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is August? I know it will be hot and humid, but is it manageable? How are the crowds the first couple weeks of August? I have always wanted to stay at BC, but I always find myself going for the cheaper option, but this might be a way to finally swing it!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know what percentage discount Beach Club got for last summer's discount? Mousesavers say the discounts were 5-30 percent but doesn't say what resorts got which. I just realized (how did I not know this?) that the delux resorts prices go down quite a bit late July and August. If I can get a discount too, I think I might be able to change my june POR reservation to early August Beach Club!!! Here's hoping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is August? I know it will be hot and humid, but is it manageable? How are the crowds the first couple weeks of August? I have always wanted to stay at BC, but I always find myself going for the cheaper option, but this might be a way to finally swing it!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kept a copy of last summer's offer. I don't know when it was released. though.

Late Summer Savings Offer

With this offer, save up to 30% on Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays, most nights 8/15/13 – 9/28/13.

Sample discounts off rack rates:

• 5% off – all Deluxe suites, All-Star Movies, Animal Kingdom Lodge (savannah view and Club Level), Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas, Bay Lake Tower, Contemporary (theme park view & Club Level), Port Orleans-French Quarter

• 15% off - Art of Animation (family suites)

• 20% off – All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Contemporary (some room types), Grand Floridian, Pop Century, Polynesian

• 25% off - Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans-Riverside, Ft. Wilderness Cabins

• 30% off – Animal Kingdom Lodge (standard/pool view rooms), Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Inn, BoardWalk Villas, Contemporary (some room types), Old Key West, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club

Other resorts and room types may be available at varying rates. Ft. Wilderness campsites, 3-bedroom villas and Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation Resort are not included in this offer. As with all Disney promotional discounts, some resorts, room types and date combinations will not be available. It’s important to be flexible if you want to book a discounted package.
This is a “room only” offer, but tickets and dining plans can be added (which will change your booking to a package, subject to package rules).
Book by 7/31/13.

Beach Club usually gets a 30% room only discount, although there can be exceptions for certain room categories.

:cool1: we may see you round the pool. Our DDs are around the same age.
Our DD will turn 10 whilst we are at Yacht Club.

:wave2:Crossing my fingers SAB is not as crowded as it was the last time we went (Spring Break March 2013). We Couldn't even find 2 chairs together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!