(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited for our first GF stay in 19 days!!!! Can anyone who has stayed recently confirm if there are still paper cups and lids in the rooms? We use these to take juice to the parks in the morning and I'm trying to decide if I need to pack some. Last year at Yacht Club we had the cups, but no lids (after asking the front desk we were able to get lids, but they were phasing them out). Can anyone help with this?

I am so excited for our first GF stay in 19 days!!!! Can anyone who has stayed recently confirm if there are still paper cups and lids in the rooms? We use these to take juice to the parks in the morning and I'm trying to decide if I need to pack some. Last year at Yacht Club we had the cups, but no lids (after asking the front desk we were able to get lids, but they were phasing them out). Can anyone help with this?

The GF is a beautiful resort! I can't help with the cups and lids, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy your first GF stay :wizard:.

They are definitely in the Villas, but can’t recall seeing them in our SL room. I’d assume they’d be by the Keurig. Either way, I’m sure if you call housekeeping, they can provide them! Have a great time!

They are definitely in the Villas, but can’t recall seeing them in our SL room. I’d assume they’d be by the Keurig. Either way, I’m sure if you call housekeeping, they can provide them! Have a great time!
Thank you! I know there are usually paper cups, but I am most worried about the lids. Not a deal breaker, but very nice to have. So excited!!!!! This is my daughter's sweet 16 trip and her dream resort. It's going to be amazing!

Thank you! I know there are usually paper cups, but I am most worried about the lids. Not a deal breaker, but very nice to have. So excited!!!!! This is my daughter's sweet 16 trip and her dream resort. It's going to be amazing!

Just ask for hot cups with lids. I have never had an issue getting them if needed. Have a great time!!!

Question about the spa. I see that you may use the amenities for the day of your spa treatment, which includes the use of a whirlpool/hot tub. My question is are there two whirlpools, one for men and one for women, or is it a shared whirlpool? Asking because my hubby and I are doing a couples massage and I was wondering if we could enjoy the whirlpool together or if we would need to use separate ones. Thanks!
I would call and ask if no one answers
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/spas/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/senses-spa/

My room in May had both a cup and a paper cup with lid. I just checked my pictures. I also had lids this weekend at csr.

DD trips are fun! Enjoy

Last edited:
My room in May had both a cup and a paper cup with lid. I just checked my pictures. I also had lids this weekend at csr.

DD trips are fun! Enjoy
Thank you! I think maybe the reason we had an issue last year at Yacht was because it was about 3 weeks after they made the big announcement about no lids or paper straws at the parks/resorts.

Thank you everyone for your help! I greatly appreciate it!

Question: We are going to MNSSHP, and are having lunch at the GF before taking the monorail to MK. Do we go through security at the GF or at MK? I hate going through security (if long lines) but want to wear something without pockets to the HP. If so, we plan to arrive at MK around 3:30 or so for the party. Are the security lines long then? Thanks!

Question: We are going to MNSSHP, and are having lunch at the GF before taking the monorail to MK. Do we go through security at the GF or at MK? I hate going through security (if long lines) but want to wear something without pockets to the HP. If so, we plan to arrive at MK around 3:30 or so for the party. Are the security lines long then? Thanks!
It depends. If you take the monorail you will go through security at the Grand on the 2nd floor in front of the monorail station. If you take the boat, you will stop at Poly and finally dock at MK and go through security there.

The monorail is the easiest option to MK if it is running. The line isn't usually long unless it is Christmastime and the gingerbread house is up.

It depends. If you take the monorail you will go through security at the Grand on the 2nd floor in front of the monorail station. If you take the boat, you will stop at Poly and finally dock at MK and go through security there.

The monorail is the easiest option to MK if it is running. The line isn't usually long unless it is Christmastime and the gingerbread house is up.
Is it normal for it not to run?

When we checked in, we had them in the room. But they weren't restocked at all once we used them all. We were able to get some at the front desk after one of the nice CM's went on a 15 minute hunt for some.

I saw in another post that you’re staying in the campgrounds - how are you getting from the campground to the GF for your lunch?

We are going to drive to TTC and monorail to GF, then monorail to MK. We are offsite until 9/24. We are doing the campsite from 9/24 - 9/27. Since it's our first time I'm unsure about the bus situation ad we would rather drive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter