(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some of your favorite building to stay in that have a lagoon view/maybe MK view? We paid for lagoon once but upon turning our heads could see the castle! I wish I could remember where it was - it was years ago.

We were in Boca Chica on the far left end and it was HANDS DOWN the most amazing view. The room is classified as a garden view room, but we could see a bit of the lagoon and had a great shot of the fireworks at night. The first pic is looking to the right, the second pic is a straight-on view.

Dd and I will be there 9/1! Did you like it? We go about once a year. ❤
....actually, we stayed at the newly-opened Gran Destino Tower. However, we've eaten at 1900 Park Fare and have done the Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Lounge twice. Of course, it doesn't hurt that it's a monorail resort. You'll absolutely LOVE the scent when you enter the lobby! My middle DS and his DGF will be staying here this mid-October....

Has anyone there now seen any SWGE info yet?

I am seeing reports of flyers in the rooms and sandwich boards in resort lobbies. Just checking if anyone has images of those things.

Hello, my fine GFers. It has been too long since I spent some time over here in this thread. Work has taken my attention away from the important thoughts of our favourite spot in WDW.

Our excitement is building, though. Tomorrow is the booking day for our next RPC visit! Would anyone mind if I giggle and dance around a bit?

:jumping1:

Hello, my fine GFers. It has been too long since I spent some time over here in this thread. Work has taken my attention away from the important thoughts of our favourite spot in WDW.

Our excitement is building, though. Tomorrow is the booking day for our next RPC visit! Would anyone mind if I giggle and dance around a bit?

:jumping1:

Dance away :dancer:. Glad you could pop in. Have fun with the rest of your planning for your upcoming RPC stay :goodvibes.

Has anyone tried the pizza that is offered on the late night menu at Gasparilla Island Grill? I have a stay coming up in November and this would be a great option for my nephew for a late night snack after the Christmas Party.

Has anyone tried the pizza that is offered on the late night menu at Gasparilla Island Grill? I have a stay coming up in November and this would be a great option for my nephew for a late night snack after the Christmas Party.

We had pepperoni pizza once off the late night menu after an After Hours and it was Awesome. Another night, we ordered a pizza but it was off the regular menu and we didn't like it as much - the crust is different. We preferred the late night version!

We just had it this July. My kids liked it, we actually ordered them a second one because they were still hungry! I personally didn’t like it, but then again, I’m from NJ... there’s really no such thing as ‘good pizza’ outside of my area 😂😉

We had pepperoni pizza once off the late night menu after an After Hours and it was Awesome. Another night, we ordered a pizza but it was off the regular menu and we didn't like it as much - the crust is different. We preferred the late night version!

Thanks. Good to know. I heard that the late night one is real pizza and the regular menu one is flatbread.

We just had it this July. My kids liked it, we actually ordered them a second one because they were still hungry! I personally didn’t like it, but then again, I’m from NJ... there’s really no such thing as ‘good pizza’ outside of my area 😂😉

From Jersey too and it definitely will not be up to my standards but hopefully will be good enough for my nephew who says there is no such thing as bad pizza but he doesn't see flatbread as being pizza which I do agree with.

From Jersey too and it definitely will not be up to my standards but hopefully will be good enough for my nephew who says there is no such thing as bad pizza but he doesn't see flatbread as being pizza which I do agree with.

Hey neighbor!!! Yeah it’s totally fine for the kids! Mine enjoyed it!! Have a great time!

Hi all!

Does anyone have a recent report of how the GF-MK walkway is progressing? It sounded like the construction was moving pretty quickly the last I read a few weeks back. We have a GF stay booked in mid-November, so just wondering how likely it is that the walkway will be an option for us by then..

Sending good vibes to everyone staying at the GF in the coming days and hoping for the best! :hug:

Hi all!

Does anyone have a recent report of how the GF-MK walkway is progressing? It sounded like the construction was moving pretty quickly the last I read a few weeks back. We have a GF stay booked in mid-November, so just wondering how likely it is that the walkway will be an option for us by then..

Sending good vibes to everyone staying at the GF in the coming days and hoping for the best! :hug:

This was the latest update I’ve seen, from 8/27! It’s coming along!!!

https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/late...loridian-walkway-and-bridge-to-magic-kingdom/
Please stay safe everyone!!!!!!!

Well this is unexpected. Ended up booking The Grand this October for a work conference that I was not thinking I would even go to lol. Looking at staying back at the GF for the first time a number of years. Still really bummed that Mizner's Lounge, that I enjoyed so much is no more, at least the band plays on (no I am not looking forward to the new themed bar). I am looking forward to relaxing by the quiet pool, having some amazing food at Cítricos, and just being back at the GF.

Funny enough I will be at the Pop all of 2 weeks before this work trip. Talk about a change in hotel accommodations lol.

Well this is unexpected. Ended up booking The Grand this October for a work conference that I was not thinking I would even go to lol. Looking at staying back at the GF for the first time a number of years. Still really bummed that Mizner's Lounge, that I enjoyed so much is no more, at least the band plays on (no I am not looking forward to the new themed bar). I am looking forward to relaxing by the quiet pool, having some amazing food at Cítricos, and just being back at the GF.

Funny enough I will be at the Pop all of 2 weeks before this work trip. Talk about a change in hotel accommodations lol.

Glad you're able to get back to the GF. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter