(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to drive to TTC and monorail to GF, then monorail to MK. We are offsite until 9/24. We are doing the campsite from 9/24 - 9/27. Since it's our first time I'm unsure about the bus situation ad we would rather drive.
You can always boat from FW to CR and then monorail to GF OR boat from FW to MK and either boat (1st stop is GF) or monorail (4th/last stop) to GF.

I always boat from FW to CR and monorail back to GF from the Hoop Dee Doo!

We are going to drive to TTC and monorail to GF, then monorail to MK. We are offsite until 9/24. We are doing the campsite from 9/24 - 9/27. Since it's our first time I'm unsure about the bus situation ad we would rather drive.
Just FYI you'll go through security to board the monorail at the TTC.
Personally I'd probably just catch the boat at FW and then get off at the Contemporary or the MK and take the monorail from there, or even take the GF/Poly boat from the MK, you'd still have to go through security, tho'. But I enjoy boat rides :)

I am so excited for our first GF stay in 19 days!!!! Can anyone who has stayed recently confirm if there are still paper cups and lids in the rooms? We use these to take juice to the parks in the morning and I'm trying to decide if I need to pack some. Last year at Yacht Club we had the cups, but no lids (after asking the front desk we were able to get lids, but they were phasing them out). Can anyone help with this?

We just got back (on September 16th) from our first Grand Floridian stay. We were in Boca Chica (deluxe/lodge tower room) and there were both heavy paper cups with lids (for coffee) and glass cups.

The Grand Floridian is a beautiful resort. We normally stay at the Dolphin but the GF was a different level. Monorail to MK or the front of EPCOT, direct bus to AK and HS, a somewhat convoluted route to the International Gate (we took the monorail to MK and then a bus to the Beach Club...but that's the case with all resorts outside of the EPCOT Resort area.) Staying at the GF allowed us to do more while expending less time/energy in commuting.

I'm not certain the price is totally justifiable but we came home happy, so maybe it was.

We just got back (on September 16th) from our first Grand Floridian stay. We were in Boca Chica (deluxe/lodge tower room) and there were both heavy paper cups with lids (for coffee) and glass cups.

The Grand Floridian is a beautiful resort. We normally stay at the Dolphin but the GF was a different level. Monorail to MK or the front of EPCOT, direct bus to AK and HS, a somewhat convoluted route to the International Gate (we took the monorail to MK and then a bus to the Beach Club...but that's the case with all resorts outside of the EPCOT Resort area.) Staying at the GF allowed us to do more while expending less time/energy in commuting.

I'm not certain the price is totally justifiable but we came home happy, so maybe it was.

Thanks for your review. We are staying at the GF for the first time in about 6 weeks. I balked at the cost, but DH really wanted to try it at least once. I can't wait to get there.

I've gone back and read old posts but would love any information people have to share about being at GF over New Years. We are experienced Disney travelers but I doubt we will go to a park for NYE. We will likely be in the Main building..

I'm a little over 30 days out for my trip. I was reading some threads on on-line check in and room requests and all the different things people request. When I did online check in, I feel like I had not options. I was able to select my resort arrival time (10:30am). Under room requests I had to option blocks. Both options gave me the choice of "None" "Highest Floor" and "Upper Floor."

It seems like I see people picking all sorts of things. One thread I just read said the person was able to prioritize an early check in over any of their other requests.

What am I missing?

I honestly have never ventured over to Mizner’s, but I’ll definitely visit Enchanted Rose. Looks like a beautiful place to spend some free time.

I love sitting by the window looking out on to the property, listening to the band...its amazing. The cast members in there are amazing and remember us from visit to visit.

I am so happy they expanded, with DVC and all the business people that stay at the GF is was getting impossible to get a seat. I can't wait to check it out, or at least see other people's pics...lol

I'm a little over 30 days out for my trip. I was reading some threads on on-line check in and room requests and all the different things people request. When I did online check in, I feel like I had not options. I was able to select my resort arrival time (10:30am). Under room requests I had to option blocks. Both options gave me the choice of "None" "Highest Floor" and "Upper Floor."

It seems like I see people picking all sorts of things. One thread I just read said the person was able to prioritize an early check in over any of their other requests.

What am I missing?

I am pretty sure you are not missing anything. I have always seen the same choices, but I call and add my requests and then a day or two before I call again and make sure they still see my requests. I was told by a cast member to leave the website with no choices, so they don't get confused with what you're actually looking for.

Sometimes I get what I want and sometimes we don't, but we always enjoy every minute of the GF.

Have a great trip!!!

We are staying at the GF for the first time in about 6 weeks. I balked at the cost, but DH really wanted to try it at least once. I can't wait to get there.

The GF is a great resort. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I've gone back and read old posts but would love any information people have to share about being at GF over New Years. We are experienced Disney travelers but I doubt we will go to a park for NYE. We will likely be in the Main building..

I can't share anything as we've never been over NYE, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :).

This morning I booked our stay at the GF for May 15-23. Even with the generous discount, I have sticker shock. I’m conflicted with excitement and buyer’s remorse, but the scale is tipped toward excitement.

The GF does tend to be expensive even with discount, but it is worth it, IMO. Hope you have a great trip! Have fun with all the planning :goodvibes.

Fabulous week at Universal checking out tomorrow and checking in to RPC tomorrow!

Glad you had a great time at Universal. Hope you have just as great a time at Disney/RPC :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter