(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a lagoon view outer building booked for February. With the military discounts just released we up graded to main building standard view for $8 more. Are there any requests for certain floor or views that would be good?

Hi Grand Floridian lovers! We are preparing for our very first stay at the GF! We are staying in a DVC 2 BR, so I don't think we have much choice in our location. We have visited GF in the past for photos and tea, but have never stayed there. '

Any tips or tricks? Must dos or must NOT dos? Looking forward to it! Thank you!

Hope you're having a great time :).

We had a lagoon view outer building booked for February. With the military discounts just released we up graded to main building standard view for $8 more. Are there any requests for certain floor or views that would be good?

RPC is amazing! The lounge is on the 4th floor and while there really aren't any rooms that far from the lounge, if you wanted to be close, you could request 4th floor/close to lounge. As far as views, I don't think there are any bad views, but my favorite is overlooking the beach pool/lagoon with the Poly in the distance :cloud9:.

Hi Grand Floridian lovers! We are preparing for our very first stay at the GF! We are staying in a DVC 2 BR, so I don't think we have much choice in our location. We have visited GF in the past for photos and tea, but have never stayed there.

The GF is an amazing resort! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Hi Grand Floridian lovers! We are preparing for our very first stay at the GF! We are staying in a DVC 2 BR, so I don't think we have much choice in our location. We have visited GF in the past for photos and tea, but have never stayed there. '

Any tips or tricks? Must dos or must NOT dos? Looking forward to it! Thank you!

Your trip sounds amazing. I will stay after years and years of stay at the GF, we always rented Cabanas and stayed at the waterfall pool. A couple of years ago we found out that you can order drinks while in the quiet pool and drink in the quiet pool. Although, I still love the cabanas and the slide at the waterfall pool, this is something that you are not allowed to do in the waterfall pool.

The only other suggestion I have is to really allow time to spend at the hotel. Watching the fireworks from the boat dock or Gasperilla's is beautiful and the restaurants are amazing. I don't know when your traveling but maybe the new bar will be open and orchestra is wonderful also.

If it's still going on Cinderella and Prince Charming have a little parade in the afternoon, I think it used to be 3:00 but maybe someone here can confirm that. They have movies and games for the kids on the lawn and you can make smores in the evenings but the waterfall pool and DVC building.

We love walking to the Poly, honestly its so close and the walkway is so beautiful. We actually walk passed the DVC building, so for you its even closer. We also take the boat back from MK in the evening is way better the monorail.

When my DH and I visit with our kids (which aren't kids anymore), we honestly barely go to the parks, we just use our 3 fastpasses each day or spend some time in Disney Springs and enjoy the hotel.

Have a great trip, hopefully the experts come by to either correct me or add something else. I am still learning new stuff all the time here.

Your trip sounds amazing. I will stay after years and years of stay at the GF, we always rented Cabanas and stayed at the waterfall pool. A couple of years ago we found out that you can order drinks while in the quiet pool and drink in the quiet pool. Although, I still love the cabanas and the slide at the waterfall pool, this is something that you are not allowed to do in the waterfall pool.

The only other suggestion I have is to really allow time to spend at the hotel. Watching the fireworks from the boat dock or Gasperilla's is beautiful and the restaurants are amazing. I don't know when your traveling but maybe the new bar will be open and orchestra is wonderful also.

If it's still going on Cinderella and Prince Charming have a little parade in the afternoon, I think it used to be 3:00 but maybe someone here can confirm that. They have movies and games for the kids on the lawn and you can make smores in the evenings but the waterfall pool and DVC building.

We love walking to the Poly, honestly its so close and the walkway is so beautiful. We actually walk passed the DVC building, so for you its even closer. We also take the boat back from MK in the evening is way better the monorail.

When my DH and I visit with our kids (which aren't kids anymore), we honestly barely go to the parks, we just use our 3 fastpasses each day or spend some time in Disney Springs and enjoy the hotel.

Have a great trip, hopefully the experts come by to either correct me or add something else. I am still learning new stuff all the time here.

You and your husband are type of people. We enjoy the hotel and all it's relaxing features. We visit the parks for 2 to 3 hours and back the hotel. The walk to the Poly is fantastic at night with lights off the water.

And we always get asked "your going back again!" To us it like being on a cruise everything's there and no worries in having an extra drink and take the monorail back to GF home from California Grill.

Oh We hear that ALL the time! Especially now that my kids are 25 and 22, they just don't understand. We have never been beach people and my DD hates flying. I don't know why but I always feel like I have to explain myself...I need to stop doing that.

The only other suggestion I have is to really allow time to spend at the hotel. Watching the fireworks from the boat dock or Gasperilla's is beautiful and the restaurants are amazing.

I agree! The GF is a beautiful resort with relaxing surroundings that it's nice to just sit or walk around the grounds and take it all in :cloud9:.

We enjoy the hotel and all it's relaxing features. We visit the parks for 2 to 3 hours and back the hotel.

We do the same thing! We do enjoy the parks for a bit, but we always look forward to our resort time. I could actually go for a few days and just spend all my time at the resort, DS, etc never entering a park :goodvibes.

I agree! The GF is a beautiful resort with relaxing surroundings that it's nice to just sit or walk around the grounds and take it all in :cloud9:.

We do the same thing! We do enjoy the parks for a bit, but we always look forward to our resort time. I could actually go for a few days and just spend all my time at the resort, DS, etc never entering a park :goodvibes.

We do the same thing...definitely non park days are in the plan!

My mom and dad loved WDW, they brought me there every other year since the year after it opened and thats how they were. We stayed at the Contemporary, the Poly and WL over the years and rarely even went into the parks on the first day!

Just back from a week in unit 1107. Standard view 2 bedroom. Absolutely loved the resort. Its now my favorite of the Monorail resorts. The room was in amazing shape. I cant believe its up for an update in 2021. We booked VGF this trip because both of our moms came and we figured it would suit them, but now I feel like we may book it again for next September, especially with the footbridge opening. We love the Poly but really prefer a 1-bedroom unit.

IMG_3171.jpeg

We do the same thing...definitely non park days are in the plan!

My mom and dad loved WDW, they brought me there every other year since the year after it opened and thats how they were. We stayed at the Contemporary, the Poly and WL over the years and rarely even went into the parks on the first day!

Non park days are so relaxing! When I book a trip, I'm always more excited about the resort part than the parks ;).

We've never gone to the park on arrival day. Even on the few trips we arrived early morning, we've taken that time to check into the resort and just relax after our flight :goodvibes.

Just back from a week in unit 1107. Standard view 2 bedroom. Absolutely loved the resort. Its now my favorite of the Monorail resorts. The room was in amazing shape. I cant believe its up for an update in 2021. We booked VGF this trip because both of our moms came and we figured it would suit them, but now I feel like we may book it again for next September, especially with the footbridge opening. We love the Poly but really prefer a 1-bedroom unit.

IMG_3171.jpeg

Glad you had a great trip! :wizard:

Can someone tell me if ALL rooms have a day bed? Every single room? I am a party of 4 but need the 3rd bed. I want to make sure we wouldnt get put in a room without the day bed.

Can someone tell me if ALL rooms have a day bed? Every single room? I am a party of 4 but need the 3rd bed. I want to make sure we wouldnt get put in a room without the day bed.

No. I would make a room with a daybed your only request.

Just compared the prices to the menu (I took from last night Mizner’s was open) and the prices have gone up across-the-board, bummed but not shocked. Also the Grand Cocktail is gone :/

Will be staying at the GF in 2 weeks. Will be my 3rd trip to the GF, so will see how the changes are. So far I am warming up to the loss of Mizner’s but we will see. Hope the same cast is behind the bar/serving cocktails as they made Mizner’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter