2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to look it over and make sure I have your information listed as you would like it.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Hi Dee! :wave2:

When you have a moment, can you remove the first instance of my name under the November BOG section? It was just a placeholder until we had our actual dates. Our "real" reservation appears a couple of lines further down in the section.

Thanks!!

Hi Dee! :wave2:

When you have a moment, can you remove the first instance of my name under the November BOG section? It was just a placeholder until we had our actual dates. Our "real" reservation appears a couple of lines further down in the section.

Thanks!!

Sure thing!

:thumbsup2

Finally getting around to posting the pictures and commentary that Best_Vacation_EVER! provided to me a couple of weeks ago.

They were in one of the refurbed BC CL rooms.

I have also posted the views from this room in the BC View Thread in the Photo Resort Subforum

Thanks so much for taking the time to get these to me B_V_E!

"The room itself was wonderful and clean and bright. 3 windows rather than the normal 1 window (2 on one side, 1 on another), extra space and a full sofa bed. Close to the Club lounge but far enough away so it was totally quiet. The balcony was one of the small Juliet style balconies but we didn't miss the balcony at all.

The outside views I've attached are from the front window (roof visible), side window 2 and 3. The side windows had a view of the front entrance but we rarely heard anything at all.

Daybed was full queen size and very comfy."

:goodvibes

Finally getting around to posting the pictures and commentary that Best_Vacation_EVER! provided to me a couple of weeks ago.

They were in one of the refurbed BC CL rooms.

I have also posted the views from this room in the BC View Thread in the Photo Resort Subforum

Thanks so much for taking the time to get these to me B_V_E!

"The room itself was wonderful and clean and bright. 3 windows rather than the normal 1 window (2 on one side, 1 on another), extra space and a full sofa bed. Close to the Club lounge but far enough away so it was totally quiet. The balcony was one of the small Juliet style balconies but we didn't miss the balcony at all.

The outside views I've attached are from the front window (roof visible), side window 2 and 3. The side windows had a view of the front entrance but we rarely heard anything at all.

Daybed was full queen size and very comfy."

It looks like the "Tower of Terror" returned to the nightstand. :)

Thank you to Best_Vacation_EVER! for supplying the pictures and thanks to Dee for taking the time to post them! :thumbsup2

As for the ladder/tower/thing on top of the middle bedside table... I like it! On the tippy top shelf I can keep all the phones that I have confiscated from the teens in my family because they are not listening to the Ninja. I can display them decoratively and we all can enjoy it when the phones chime and tweet, knowing that the "urgent" texts from the teen friends will NOT be answered anytime soon. I shall call this shelf "The cell phone shelf of shame" and I for one appreciate this decorative behavioral modification tool!

As for the middle shelf, I shall call it the "Jan Brady shelf" in honor of the unappreciated and fashion backwards middle child from the "Brady Bunch" TV series. It's not flashy like the top shelf and it's not completely utilitarian like the bottom shelf. Stuff that doesn't fit on the bottom shelf is going to be relegated to the unloved middle shelf. If you ran into Ninja Mom's room during a stay and inventoried the middle shelf you might find unimportant items like pocket lint and tissues on this shelf. There also might be a squirt bottle there that NM uses to control her unruly teens.

Now we get to the most important shelf of all... "The beloved bottom shelf"! This shelf is all business. This is the shelf you reach for in the middle of the night when you need a drink of water or you have to hit the snooze button on the alarm so you can grab 10 more minutes of unconsciousness before that 4:45am ADR at the Kona cafe. Important items like your magic bands and the phone book are kept on this shelf. Turf wars are known to occur over the real estate here but good old Ninja Mom just breaks out the leaf blower and blows the interlopers stuff clear across the room to make space for all of her junk.

Yep... that shelf is a winner in my book! If I left out any of the other uses for that shelf be sure to let me know.

~NM

We are not planning to go to a park on our arrival night. Is there anywhere near the resort we may be able to catch a glimpse of the fireworks? TIA!

We are not planning to go to a park on our arrival night. Is there anywhere near the resort we may be able to catch a glimpse of the fireworks? TIA!

Can't speak from experience (yet), but the first page of this thread has some suggestions and photos that posters have taken of the fireworks. See post #14...

I thought that halfway down the Yacht Club boat dock was a great place to see the fireworks. :) There are a lot of places where you can see them, but I thought this spot gave a nicely framed view. You can only see the higher fireworks from outside Epcot. Illuminations has about a 6 minute period where all the fireworks are at water level, and those can't be seen outside the park. But you can hear the music all over the BC/YC/BWI area. :)

As for the ladder/tower/thing on top of the middle bedside table... I like it! On the tippy top shelf I can keep all the phones that I have confiscated from the teens in my family because they are not listening to the Ninja. I can display them decoratively and we all can enjoy it when the phones chime and tweet, knowing that the "urgent" texts from the teen friends will NOT be answered anytime soon. I shall call this shelf "The cell phone shelf of shame" and I for one appreciate this decorative behavioral modification tool!

Yep... that shelf is a winner in my book! If I left out any of the other uses for that shelf be sure to let me know.

~NM

Our cell phones have to be turned off at night - no exceptions. I am not going to have my sleep disturbed by the beep of some email telling me about a sale at Eddie Bauer. :badpc:

So I am reserving the top shelf for my collection of decorated MagicBands. After taking way too many trips this past year, I have a large collection of MB's now. ;) It is almost like a shelf of shame and pride all rolled into one. ;)

Can't speak from experience (yet), but the first page of this thread has some suggestions and photos that posters have taken of the fireworks. See post #14...
Based on the info in post 14, it would seem that from the BC beach, we should be able to see the higher bursts of Illuminations as well as the SWW fireworks show at HS - am I right? The SWW fireworks are shot off from the same place the Frozen Summer Fun fireworks were, correct?

Based on the info in post 14, it would seem that from the BC beach, we should be able to see the higher bursts of Illuminations as well as the SWW fireworks show at HS - am I right? The SWW fireworks are shot off from the same place the Frozen Summer Fun fireworks were, correct?

I was able to see the Frozen fireworks both from the Boardwalk Bridge (where I watched Illuminations) and from the BC Beach. My view of the HS fireworks was blocked by a tree, so it was better when I moved to the beach.

I can't remember if I linked my TR chapter from the August DIS Meet trip to the fireworks post- I should have- I will post the link here

OK, I did post the link so you probably saw it: Fireworks As Far As the Eye Can See

I was able to see the Frozen fireworks both from the Boardwalk Bridge (where I watched Illuminations) and from the BC Beach. My view of the HS fireworks was blocked by a tree, so it was better when I moved to the beach. I can't remember if I linked my TR chapter from the August DIS Meet trip to the fireworks post- I should have- I will post the link here OK, I did post the link so you probably saw it: Fireworks As Far As the Eye Can See :goodvibes
Thank you! Yes, that's exactly what I was reading, so just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly! :)

Looking for advice on how to secure a room with a full balcony or patio at the BC. Staying in early March (4-11) and really want a room that has outside seating......Love to have my morning coffee there while others in my party sleep :coffee:

Do all ground floor rooms have Patios? If so, wondering if I should make that request so I can guarantee this option.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Where did you read this?? I am going to be very upset if this is true :(
I really hope this is not true...I was just on the phone with WDW the other day about the transfer of our luggage and she never mentioned a charge to do so.

Dee, could you please change my dates? I think I may have typed it wrong the last time. We will be BC CL 7/17-7/23/15. Getting close to our 180 days to go! My daughter gives me the count down to her 21st b'day almost daily so I know how many days til we arrive!

Thank you to Best_Vacation_EVER! for supplying the pictures and thanks to Dee for taking the time to post them! :thumbsup2

As for the middle shelf, I shall call it the "Jan Brady shelf" in honor of the unappreciated and fashion backwards middle child from the "Brady Bunch" TV series. It's not flashy like the top shelf and it's not completely utilitarian like the bottom shelf. Stuff that doesn't fit on the bottom shelf is going to be relegated to the unloved middle shelf. If you ran into Ninja Mom's room during a stay and inventoried the middle shelf you might find unimportant items like pocket lint and tissues on this shelf. There also might be a squirt bottle there that NM uses to control her unruly teens.

Now we get to the most important shelf of all... "The beloved bottom shelf"! This shelf is all business. This is the shelf you reach for in the middle of the night when you need a drink of water or you have to hit the snooze button on the alarm so you can grab 10 more minutes of unconsciousness before that 4:45am ADR at the Kona cafe. Important items like your magic bands and the phone book are kept on this shelf. Turf wars are known to occur over the real estate here but good old Ninja Mom just breaks out the leaf blower and blows the interlopers stuff clear across the room to make space for all of her junk.

~NM

Yes! There are uses for this shelf. Thank you for the wonderful ideas! The cell phone idea is great. Will think about this for our May family trip.

Think it was previously mentioned as a good place to keep things out of hands of little ones. Tara think that was you?

Personally I thought the shelf was useful for phone / tablet storage bedside!

Rebecca

I just booked a garden view at Yacht Club for May 23rd-May 31st. It's our first time at this resort. I am so excited!!! We have been to multiple values, and more recently Port Orleans Riverside because we grew to 5. But with the recent discounts.... Here we are, stay at Yacht! I have looked at all your pictures. Please tell me of all the good things to come with this resort change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter