2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
late Jan?

Hoping your wishes for low crowds and decent weather are fulfilled.

Staying Feb 1-6. Pool or Lagoon view. My Vacation starts in 21 days. Not at Beach Club for 23 days.

Happy Friday!! I understand the YC is a convention hotel, therefore if I ship groceries to the hotel there is an extra fee, would there still be a convention fee if I use Garden Grocer or another site like that? Which deliver service has anyone used for YC. TIA.

I read in the OP that the walk to HS is approximately 1 mile, but I'm just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how long that takes? And is it pretty well marked? Our walking party will be 2 adults in decent shape (though one of us will be pushing a stroller with 100 lbs of additional kid-weight), coming from YC. Just trying to figure out how early we need to leave to catch the SWW welcome show - as I'm assuming the boats don't run that early? TIA!

Happy Friday!! I understand the YC is a convention hotel, therefore if I ship groceries to the hotel there is an extra fee, would there still be a convention fee if I use Garden Grocer or another site like that? Which deliver service has anyone used for YC. TIA.
We shipped a box of food to ourselves at CR (also a convention hotel) in October. By shipping USPS we avoided the pick up fee (though it cost more to ship it that way than UPS would have cost, I'm sure).

We used GG for our 2013 stay at CBR and plan on using them again for our November stay at BCV. The current delivery charges are $14 if you order at least $40 worth of groceries. The delivery charge is $2 if your order is over $200.

I was just on their site and it looks like they now have an app and have a discount that you can apply to your total order depending on how far in advance you place it.

Also, the delivery charge does not include an optional tip for the shopper/picker/packer.

I read in the OP that the walk to HS is approximately 1 mile, but I'm just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how long that takes? And is it pretty well marked? Our walking party will be 2 adults in decent shape (though one of us will be pushing a stroller with 100 lbs of additional kid-weight), coming from YC. Just trying to figure out how early we need to leave to catch the SWW welcome show - as I'm assuming the boats don't run that early? TIA!

It took us approximately 20 minutes to walk to DHS from the Yacht Club lobby. There are rooms that are closer to the walkway that might even make your walk a little shorter. :) We ended up walking to and from DHS many times when we stayed at YC last September and always beat the boat. :)

It took us approximately 20 minutes to walk to DHS from the Yacht Club lobby. There are rooms that are closer to the walkway that might even make your walk a little shorter. :) We ended up walking to and from DHS many times when we stayed at YC last September and always beat the boat. :)
Thank you!! :)

I read in the OP that the walk to HS is approximately 1 mile, but I'm just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how long that takes? Just trying to figure out how early we need to leave to catch the SWW welcome show - as I'm assuming the boats don't run that early?

Actually the boats should be running that early. I know they are there for us when HS has extended magic hours. Check with the hotel or the boat castmembers the day before just to be sure.

Katesdad

I didn't see this mentioned before so I thought I would share. On the DVC boards, they're reporting the timeline for BCV refurb is 3/15 - 12/15.

Actually the boats should be running that early. I know they are there for us when HS has extended magic hours. Check with the hotel or the boat castmembers the day before just to be sure.

Katesdad

My usual rule for the boat to DHS is to wait for the boat if I see one either approaching BW from Epcot or approaching YC/BC from BW. But if we just miss a boat of if there isn't any boat in sight - walk. It will be quicker than waiting for a boat. If the boat is coming from the Swan/Dolphin then it will be headed to Epcot after stopping at YC/BC and BWI.

I am *thinking* (most likely) of booking the 'magical' deal that's out there for a couple of nights at the Beach Club (before our 2 week free dining stay at a moderate resort). We stayed at BC once before and LOVED it ... this deal seems too good to be true, but has positive feedback. I am hoping to add CL (as a surprise to my family) to our reservation. How do I do that? The deal I have is for a standard room. If for some reason I can't, is it ok to ask once we arrive? Do they sometime have CL rooms available for extra $ at check in (late August?) Thank you for your advice:-)

I didn't see this mentioned before so I thought I would share. On the DVC boards, they're reporting the timeline for BCV refurb is 3/15 - 12/15.

Thanks so much for the heads up on this. I don't spend any time over on the DVC board and I have not previously heard dates. I'll go over and check it out and add the info they have to the refurb info I have in the first post on this thread.

:thumbsup2

I am *thinking* (most likely) of booking the 'magical' deal that's out there for a couple of nights at the Beach Club (before our 2 week free dining stay at a moderate resort). We stayed at BC once before and LOVED it ... this deal seems too good to be true, but has positive feedback. I am hoping to add CL (as a surprise to my family) to our reservation. How do I do that? The deal I have is for a standard room. If for some reason I can't, is it ok to ask once we arrive? Do they sometime have CL rooms available for extra $ at check in (late August?) Thank you for your advice:-)

We've booked on that deal last August and we could book standard view CL room. The standard refers to room view. I'd email your TA and ask if there's still CL availability.

We've booked on that deal last August and we could book standard view CL room. The standard refers to room view. I'd email your TA and ask if there's still CL availability.

Thank you for your reply and advice. I have emailed in a request for a quote with CL standard room. Hope it's a good quote:goodvibes

Finally booked our July trip. We'll be at BC 7/24-8/1 and celebrating oldest dd HS graduation and youngest dd 8th grade graduation. Can't wait.

Thank you for your reply and advice. I have emailed in a request for a quote with CL standard room. Hope it's a good quote:goodvibes

Please DO post if you were able to book a CL room. I booked through Magical Vacations, 5 nights Beach Club and could only get Standard View room. (no CL in any view).

thanks!!!!

Please DO post if you were able to book a CL room. I booked through Magical Vacations, 5 nights Beach Club and could only get Standard View room. (no CL in any view). thanks!!!!
YC CL was available 2 weeks ago when I checked (though this was under Disney's promotion, not theirs).

We have to change our dates by one day so we'll now be arriving at Beach Club on March 14th and staying until the 20th. We had hoped to fly BUT flights from Toronto to Orlando over March Break were $5549 for a family of 5...... yikes!!!! Even going out of Buffalo was over $3000. So we are making the trek, leaving Thursday right after school and hoping to do 8 hours which should put us into Northern Kentucky by midnight. Then do part 2 to Disney on Friday with hopes of arriving in the early evening. My thoughts were to check into a DTD hotel Friday night, enjoy some time at DTD and then check into Beach Club on Saturday morning. Keeping my fingers crossed for good driving conditions! Susan

I booked my flights from buffalo 400 each but it was the moment they open up in August. I was up at 6am refreshing the page. The flights from Toronto are always more than double that. It's criminal.

We are there the exact same time as you. Flying in on the 14th! FP+ booking this week! So close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter