2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to Best_Vacation_EVER! for supplying the pictures and thanks to Dee for taking the time to post them! :thumbsup2

As for the ladder/tower/thing on top of the middle bedside table... I like it! On the tippy top shelf I can keep all the phones that I have confiscated from the teens in my family because they are not listening to the Ninja. I can display them decoratively and we all can enjoy it when the phones chime and tweet, knowing that the "urgent" texts from the teen friends will NOT be answered anytime soon. I shall call this shelf "The cell phone shelf of shame" and I for one appreciate this decorative behavioral modification tool!

As for the middle shelf, I shall call it the "Jan Brady shelf" in honor of the unappreciated and fashion backwards middle child from the "Brady Bunch" TV series. It's not flashy like the top shelf and it's not completely utilitarian like the bottom shelf. Stuff that doesn't fit on the bottom shelf is going to be relegated to the unloved middle shelf. If you ran into Ninja Mom's room during a stay and inventoried the middle shelf you might find unimportant items like pocket lint and tissues on this shelf. There also might be a squirt bottle there that NM uses to control her unruly teens.

Now we get to the most important shelf of all... "The beloved bottom shelf"! This shelf is all business. This is the shelf you reach for in the middle of the night when you need a drink of water or you have to hit the snooze button on the alarm so you can grab 10 more minutes of unconsciousness before that 4:45am ADR at the Kona cafe. Important items like your magic bands and the phone book are kept on this shelf. Turf wars are known to occur over the real estate here but good old Ninja Mom just breaks out the leaf blower and blows the interlopers stuff clear across the room to make space for all of her junk.

Yep... that shelf is a winner in my book! If I left out any of the other uses for that shelf be sure to let me know.

~NM

I'm surprised that you didn't mention the obvious use which is to use it as a step ladder to get to the top shelf for maximum bounce when jumping off it onto the bed.

I'm surprised that you didn't mention the obvious use which is to use it as a step ladder to get to the top shelf for maximum bounce when jumping off it onto the bed.

Ninja Mom would have mentioned that but then she would have had to tell you about the time she was jumping on the bed and she got her hair caught in the ceiling fan.
It wasn't pretty... :sad2:

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort tattle tale:banana:

Well we did it!!!! We switched from Caribbean beach to Beach Club!!!! I'm solo excited. This where I really wanted to stay. We will be there Nov. 1-8, 2015. So if we can be added to be our guest that would be awesome.

Looking for advice on how to secure a room with a full balcony or patio at the BC. Staying in early March (4-11) and really want a room that has outside seating......Love to have my morning coffee there while others in my party sleep :coffee:

Do all ground floor rooms have Patios? If so, wondering if I should make that request so I can guarantee this option.

Thanks in advance for your help.

There are some ground floor deluxe rooms that don't have patios, but I think most of the regular ground floor rooms have patios.

I have a question on the BCV. Right now I'm in the BC this coming December. My son and his wife decided to come down and join us. They are looking at a discount resort to stay at to save money. I know right now the BCV rooms are all blocked out for owners for that month. My question is, when will Disney release the rooms where i might try to book a two bedroom villa using my bounce-back discount? My DIL has never been to WDW and I'm thinking of spoiling her if I can. TIA Katesdad

Check everyday starting at about 11 months out. We were able to book a 2BR and 1 studio at BWV at 11 months out. Then, BCV had some availability 2 weeks later. Once we moved our reservations, BCV showed no availability again.

Hello everyone. Getting all organized for my BC trip in March. I looked through the marketplace information page but I can't find the price for the refillable mugs? Anybody purchased one recently and know the cost?

Thanks

Hello everyone. Getting all organized for my BC trip in March. I looked through the marketplace information page but I can't find the price for the refillable mugs? Anybody purchased one recently and know the cost?

Thanks

$8.99 for 1 Day
$11.99 for 2 Days
$14.99 for 3 Days
$17.99 for Length of Stay - they give you 14 days when you buy length of stay, even if you won't be there that whole time

Looking for advice on how to secure a room with a full balcony or patio at the BC. Staying in early March (4-11) and really want a room that has outside seating......Love to have my morning coffee there while others in my party sleep :coffee:

Do all ground floor rooms have Patios? If so, wondering if I should make that request so I can guarantee this option.

There is NO guarantee of outside access at the BC. Whatever you request is just a request and you may or may not get it fulfilled.
If not having a balcony or patio is going to ruin your trip, I suggest you change to the YC. All rooms, but one, have outside access there.

Will be booking our first stay at The Beach Club as we usually stay at the Moderates!
For those who have stayed there before, do you think it's necessary to request "a room near transportation"? We usually do this when we stay at the moderates since they are so spread out, but not sure if it's necessary at the Beach Club.

Will be booking our first stay at The Beach Club as we usually stay at the Moderates!
For those who have stayed there before, do you think it's necessary to request "a room near transportation"? We usually do this when we stay at the moderates since they are so spread out, but not sure if it's necessary at the Beach Club.

From my point of view it isn't necessary, unless you have difficulty walking and will be spending most of your time at MK.

Since you can walk or boat to both Epcot and HS, you will spend less time on WDW transportation than you have at the Moderates.

If walking is an issue, you might wish to ask for a room close to the elevators, or close to a lobby which would get you closest to both the exits for bus transportation and the boat docks. If walking is not an issue then don't worry about the transportation request. You will be just fine with the size of the resort, compared to the spread out moderates.

From my point of view it isn't necessary, unless you have difficulty walking and will be spending most of your time at MK.

Since you can walk or boat to both Epcot and HS, you will spend less time on WDW transportation than you have at the Moderates.

If walking is an issue, you might wish to ask for a room close to the elevators, or close to a lobby which would get you closest to both the exits for bus transportation and the boat docks. If walking is not an issue then don't worry about the transportation request. You will be just fine with the size of the resort, compared to the spread out moderates.

Totally agree with this:thumbsup2. We use our BC requests for "daybed" and "full balcony."

Looking forward to first stay at Beach Club in only 21 days. Crossing our fingers for Low crowds and Pleasant weather.:wave:

page 162-164

So I am reserving the top shelf for my collection of decorated MagicBands. After taking way too many trips this past year, I have a large collection of MB's now. ;) It is almost like a shelf of shame and pride all rolled into one. ;)

OK, I saw the pictures of your decorated MBs. Definitely pride! :worship:

Staying in early March (4-11)

:welcome: to this forum.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I really hope this is not true...I was just on the phone with WDW the other day about the transfer of our luggage and she never mentioned a charge to do so.

re: fee for luggage transfer.

We do not believe this to be true. The only person who has mentioned this is a DISer with a total of one post on the DIS. We have not seen others reporting this.

:thumbsup2

As others mention, no way to guarantee a full balcony at BC (about 50% of the rooms have full balconies, the rest have smaller standing only balconies). Most first floor rooms have patios, so that is an option. I would word the request. "Full balcony, please or first floor patio room"

Or, as suggested, you can switch to YC.

:goodvibes

There are some ground floor deluxe rooms that don't have patios, but I think most of the regular ground floor rooms have patios.

I didn't know that!!!

:)

There is NO guarantee of outside access at the BC. Whatever you request is just a request and you may or may not get it fulfilled.
If not having a balcony or patio is going to ruin your trip, I suggest you change to the YC. All rooms, but one, have outside access there.

Dee, could you please change my dates? I think I may have typed it wrong the last time. We will be BC CL 7/17-7/23/15. Getting close to our 180 days to go! My daughter gives me the count down to her 21st b'day almost daily so I know how many days til we arrive!

Will do!

I just booked a garden view at Yacht Club for May 23rd-May 31st. It's our first time at this resort. I am so excited!!! We have been to multiple values, and more recently Port Orleans Riverside because we grew to 5. But with the recent discounts.... Here we are, stay at Yacht! I have looked at all your pictures. Please tell me of all the good things to come with this resort change.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

My two favorite things about the YC are location (7 min walk to World Showcase) and the amazing pool

Well we did it!!!! We switched from Caribbean beach to Beach Club!!!! I'm solo excited. This where I really wanted to stay. We will be there Nov. 1-8, 2015. So if we can be added to be our guest that would be awesome.

Here's your official :welcome:

Congrats!!!

Happy to add you to the list.

:yay:

When is your trip? Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list?

:woohoo:

I agree with the others- I don't think the request "Near Transportation" is necessary.

Looking forward to first stay at Beach Club in only 21 days. Crossing our fingers for Low crowds and Pleasant weather.:wave:

late Jan?

Hoping your wishes for low crowds and decent weather are fulfilled.

We have to change our dates by one day so we'll now be arriving at Beach Club on March 14th and staying until the 20th. We had hoped to fly BUT flights from Toronto to Orlando over March Break were $5549 for a family of 5...... yikes!!!!
Even going out of Buffalo was over $3000. So we are making the trek, leaving Thursday right after school and hoping to do 8 hours which should put us into Northern Kentucky by midnight. Then do part 2 to Disney on Friday with hopes of arriving in the early evening. My thoughts were to check into a DTD hotel Friday night, enjoy some time at DTD and then check into Beach Club on Saturday morning. Keeping my fingers crossed for good driving conditions!

Susan

We have to change our dates by one day so we'll now be arriving at Beach Club on March 14th and staying until the 20th. We had hoped to fly BUT flights from Toronto to Orlando over March Break were $5549 for a family of 5...... yikes!!!!
Even going out of Buffalo was over $3000. So we are making the trek, leaving Thursday right after school and hoping to do 8 hours which should put us into Northern Kentucky by midnight. Then do part 2 to Disney on Friday with hopes of arriving in the early evening. My thoughts were to check into a DTD hotel Friday night, enjoy some time at DTD and then check into Beach Club on Saturday morning. Keeping my fingers crossed for good driving conditions!

Susan

Got it!

YIKES on the airfare! Sending you good wishes for decent road conditions and fun things to occupy the family during the trip.

Arrived at the YC yesterday. magical Express stopped at CB, Boardwalk, BC, and then YC. Ate lunch at Beaches and Cream which was very good. We were upgraded to a garden view over looking the small pool and it it very quiet over here. Room is in great condition so not sure why I read many reviews saying things were in bad shape. What a nice hotel and a great first deluxe choice. Off to MK!

Can you please add me when you have the time? Staying at the BC on 9/13/15 - 9/21/15

Thanks!

Will do!!!

:cool1:

Arrived at the YC yesterday. magical Express stopped at CB, Boardwalk, BC, and then YC. Ate lunch at Beaches and Cream which was very good. We were upgraded to a garden view over looking the small pool and it it very quiet over here. Room is in great condition so not sure why I read many reviews saying things were in bad shape. What a nice hotel and a great first deluxe choice. Off to MK!

Sounds like a fantastic start! Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Hi Everyone!
Just curious, do all of the rooms at BC have ceiling fans? I noticed them in the pics of the refurbished rooms. Wondering if they will all have them :)
I'm the only one in my family that loves, loves, loves them! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter