2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Deluxe CL rooms at BC all look out at SAB?

nope - we stayed in one that had a standing-room only balcony facing the lake and it also had a full balcony facing the quiet pool. It was a hike to the lounge, but we had fun with it and taking the trip upstairs. Still to this day we talk about visiting "the 5th floor" whenever we talk about something extra special or luxurious.

If we have a Garden View category room, can I request a courtyard on the lake side of the building? It looks like some look at woods and there might be a courtyard on the villas side, right?

My requests would be, in order...
* a renovated room
* a room with a daybed
* a courtyard view on the lake side of the building
* as low a floor as possible (ideally the first or second floor, but I don't know how far along they'll be by 4/11)

Does any of this conflict with the others? Is this crazy? Ha.

Anyone have a favorite garden view block of rooms they think is great to request? We have three little kids, so convenience to entrances and food is always a plus.

:cool1:

Could you please add us to the Be Our Guest list?!

We will be at the Beach Club, garden view, April 11 - 20th, 2015.

Alicia and Tom, DS 10, DS 7, and DD 4

We usually stay at the Poly, and it's going to feel weird not being there - feels like "home" when I walk in - but we said last time that it might be nice to try the Beach Club as it is soooooo close Epcot and DHS and has a built-in water park. We'll have to walk through Epcot to get to the monorail to MK....we love the monorail or, as my littlest one calls it...the mamarail.

If we have a Garden View category room, can I request a courtyard on the lake side of the building? It looks like some look at woods and there might be a courtyard on the villas side, right?

My requests would be, in order...
* a renovated room
* a room with a daybed
* a courtyard view on the lake side of the building
* as low a floor as possible (ideally the first or second floor, but I don't know how far along they'll be by 4/11)

Does any of this conflict with the others? Is this crazy? Ha.

Anyone have a favorite garden view block of rooms they think is great to request? We have three little kids, so convenience to entrances and food is always a plus.

The request for a renovated room and a lower floor are probably conflicting requests. Although I haven't seen a timetable, I think they will probably still be working on some of the upper floors (4 and 3) at that time.

How old are the kids? If they are all over 3, then you don't really need to request a daybed. You have to be given a room that has sleeping space for everyone, so you will either get a room with a daybed or in the rare instance that a daybed is not available when you checkin, you would receive a rollaway cot. If one or more of the kids is under age 3, then you will need to request a daybed.

The other thing you may want to consider is whether a full balcony is important to you. A first floor room would have a patio, but for the other floors, only about 50% of the rooms have full balconies.

You definitely need to make clear which of your requests are a priority.

:)

I've switched my room category from CL to a non CL water view, still at the BC :cool1:

I love the look of the new lounge over the old lounge but it's still not a place where I can really relax, now I do love the solarium and I spent many a time relaxing there my last trip.

So, I've ditched CL and gone with the deluxe dining plan, I must be crazy as the price I'm paying is more than I was for my old CL room without the plan lol but I know for me it's the right mix and I can't wait until November 2015.

Happy new year everyone :cheer2:

Hi everyone!:wave2: I am back after a long absence. In that time I have done two Disney cruises and one amazing 12 day trip to Aluani! I also did the wine and dine 1/2 last month and stayed at the BC. I am gearing up for a mother daughter trip over MLK weekend. I bought an annual pass since I knew I was going at least twice. I expect another visit will be in my future before Nov!

Also wanted to mention the room I had last month was great! It was in the little hallway between the elevator and the store. We had a patio looking on to the path folks exit the lobby walking towards the lake. It was so nice

Anyway going to go back a bit and catch up on the conversation and what's going on at my favorite resort.

Amy

Happy New Year Everybody!!!!! It's going to be an early night for our house. Hope everybody has a safe and fun time tonight!

I was so excited to see that the new discounts have been released. By changing my dates to June 10-17, I was able to save almost $1700.00. I love discounts! Happy New Year!

I've switched my room category from CL to a non CL water view, still at the BC :cool1:

I love the look of the new lounge over the old lounge but it's still not a place where I can really relax, now I do love the solarium and I spent many a time relaxing there my last trip.

So, I've ditched CL and gone with the deluxe dining plan, I must be crazy as the price I'm paying is more than I was for my old CL room without the plan lol but I know for me it's the right mix and I can't wait until November 2015.

Happy new year everyone :cheer2:

Sounds great! I'll make the adjustment on the BOG list.

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone!:wave2: I am back after a long absence. In that time I have done two Disney cruises and one amazing 12 day trip to Aluani! I also did the wine and dine 1/2 last month and stayed at the BC. I am gearing up for a mother daughter trip over MLK weekend. I bought an annual pass since I knew I was going at least twice. I expect another visit will be in my future before Nov!

Also wanted to mention the room I had last month was great! It was in the little hallway between the elevator and the store. We had a patio looking on to the path folks exit the lobby walking towards the lake. It was so nice

Anyway going to go back a bit and catch up on the conversation and what's going on at my favorite resort.

Amy

:wave2:

Good to see you posting here again.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for January.

:woohoo:

I was so excited to see that the new discounts have been released. By changing my dates to June 10-17, I was able to save almost $1700.00. I love discounts! Happy New Year!

That is a fantastic way to start the new year!!!

I'll adjust the dates on the BOG list.

:goodvibes

Happy New Year !

Just a question. Hurricane's Hannah is not on the dining plan 2015 for dinner ?
In 2013, it was. Is it really the case or i don't understand ?

Thank you :)

Yep, I'll be back at work and Jeanne actually goes back to teaching on the 26th. I look forward to seeing you!!!!

Great! We'll be looking for you on Sunday, Jan 25th in the late afternoon. We have a few fastpasses scheduled in DHS and dinner in Epcot, so a stop at the BC will work out perfectly. :goodvibes

I'm just beginning to get back to normal after having house guests for two weeks. :eek: I have a lot of catching up to do.

I am seriously thinking of spending a day at Universal during our April stay at the YC. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to manage it? We won't have a car unless we rent one. I am a big Harry Potter fan and would love to see all the HP stuff at Universal. I would think that this would be a good time to try to see it, since the crowds shouldn't be too bad in mid-April. But I don't know anything about how to manage to get over there.

Happy New Year !

Just a question. Hurricane's Hannah is not on the dining plan 2015 for dinner ?
In 2013, it was. Is it really the case or i don't understand ?

Thank you :)

That's a good question. I just looked at the 2015 Disney Dining file

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2015Dining.pdf

and see that Hurricane Hanna's is only listed for lunch.

I also went back and looked at the 2014 and 2013 brochures and it is listed that way (Lunch only) as well.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect if you try to use Counter Service credits at Hurricane Hanna at any time they are open, they will be accepted.

Anyone have any experience using QS credits at HH in the late afternoon or evening last year?

:thumbsup2

Great! We'll be looking for you on Sunday, Jan 25th in the late afternoon. We have a few fastpasses scheduled in DHS and dinner in Epcot, so a stop at the BC will work out perfectly. :goodvibes

I'm just beginning to get back to normal after having house guests for two weeks. :eek: I have a lot of catching up to do.

I am seriously thinking of spending a day at Universal during our April stay at the YC. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to manage it? We won't have a car unless we rent one. I am a big Harry Potter fan and would love to see all the HP stuff at Universal. I would think that this would be a good time to try to see it, since the crowds shouldn't be too bad in mid-April. But I don't know anything about how to manage to get over there.

Mears runs a shuttle that picks up at some Disney resorts, for around $20 per person, I think.

Dreams Unlimited (sponsor of the DIS) has a package deal that includes transportation and 1 day/2 park tickets for Universal/IoA, $150 per person.

Here's the link: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/terms-1day2park-roundtrip.htm

I have used a private car service to get between Disney/Universal and it is under $100 round trip (plus tip). We will be using Ed Korgan livery service for the 3rd time in February (MCO to US). I have heard good things about Tiffany Town Car as well.

Recent posters on the Disney to US Transportation thread have been suggesting checking into Uber.

Transportation between Disney and US/IoA

I'll come back and post a link from the Universal Boards about transportation and see if I can find the Dreams Unlimited deal.

Teena, cover your eyes...

The Harry Potter stuff rocks!

:wizard:

Mears runs a shuttle that picks up at some Disney resorts, for around $20 per person, I think.

Dreams Unlimited (sponsor of the DIS) has a package deal that includes transportation and 1 day/2 park tickets for Universal/IoA, $150 per person.

Here's the link: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/terms-1day2park-roundtrip.htm

I have used a private car service to get between Disney/Universal and it is under $100 round trip (plus tip). We will be using Ed Korgan livery service for the 3rd time in February (MCO to US). I have heard good things about Tiffany Town Car as well.

Recent posters on the Disney to US Transportation thread have been suggesting checking into Uber.

Transportation between Disney and US/IoA

I'll come back and post a link from the Universal Boards about transportation and see if I can find the Dreams Unlimited deal.

Teena, cover your eyes...

The Harry Potter stuff rocks!

:wizard:

Thanks, Dee. The Mears shuttle isn't as expensive as I thought it would be. Since there is just two of us, that could work out well. :thumbsup2

It IS a Happy New Year. Got my Be Our Guest reservation for the family for dinner in June. It's Jeanne's and Lily's favorite restaurant. And now Bob will get to experience it too in June. Happy New Year!!!!!

Here's a quick question for all you YC experts...

I asked our TA to submit this room request with our YC Standard View reservation: high floor on Crescent Lake side of the resort.

The TA came back with "the water views are not Standard so I cannot guarantee that for you. I did get Disney to request the higher floor though."

I was not asking for a water view, just a standard view room on the lake side of the resort. Do these room types exist? I thought they did after checking Touring Plan's YC room finder... :confused3

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter