2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
pixiedust::beach:

So many great options nearby. Allears.net has all the restaurant menus. We like Cape May, Captains Grille, & Yachtsmen for a splurge! Beaches & Cream too! Then there's all the restaurants at Epcot & DHS. At DHS we like Sci Fi, and 50's Prime Time. Both fun atmosphere and food is good too!
At Epcot we enjoy Teppan Edo, The Seas, LeCellier ( although I haven't tried the new menu), Biergarten, & I want to try the New Mexican TS.
New Mexican TS? What new Mexican TS?

New Mexican TS? What new Mexican TS?

La Hacienda!

OK, you just made me drool a little bit. This is my husband's new favorite Disney restaurant.

Here is the review from my family's dinner there in July 2013.

La Hacienda

If you time your reservation right and are there during Illuminations, it is a really great view from the restaurant.

I think this may be a CS location for lunch, but not sure.

:goodvibes

La Hacienda!

OK, you just made me drool a little bit. This is my husband's new favorite Disney restaurant.

Just as long as you don't drool on the keyboard

La Hacienda!

La Hacienda

If you time your reservation right and are there during Illuminations, it is a really great view from the restaurant.

I think this may be a CS location for lunch, but not sure.

La Hacienda has been a family favorite since it opened. Last time, we sat pretty close to the windows and the view of IllumiNations was awesome. The mini tacos are DD's and my usual appetizer to share...so delicious! Also, the margaritas are pretty darn good!

:sunny:

Just returned Saturday from our first stay at BC and all I can say is I wanna go "home"!! We just loved BC! We were in room 4554 which had a full balcony and a very slight view of the Epcot Ball. Mousekeeping was incredible--we had a new towel animal every day including a Sting Ray in our bathtub! In all my years of traveling to Disney, we never experienced that particular towel animal! The room was clean and spacious. We were just down the hall from the "secret entrance" to Epcot! The only negative comments I have are 1. small counter service food selection and 2. not enough buses to Magic Kingdom. We had long waits getting to MK and returning. Not exactly sure when we will get to return to Disney but I can honestly say we will be staying at BC when we do!!

Just returned Saturday from our first stay at BC and all I can say is I wanna go "home"!! We just loved BC! We were in room 4554 which had a full balcony and a very slight view of the Epcot Ball. Mousekeeping was incredible--we had a new towel animal every day including a Sting Ray in our bathtub! In all my years of traveling to Disney, we never experienced that particular towel animal! The room was clean and spacious. We were just down the hall from the "secret entrance" to Epcot! The only negative comments I have are 1. small counter service food selection and 2. not enough buses to Magic Kingdom. We had long waits getting to MK and returning. Not exactly sure when we will get to return to Disney but I can honestly say we will be staying at BC when we do!!

Your trip sounds Magical, thanks for sharing!

Our Magic starts three weeks from tomorrow, when we check into the Yacht Club. Please share more about the "secret entrance" to Epcot; we plan to spend a lot of time there.

Thanks! :)

Our Magic starts three weeks from tomorrow, when we check into the Yacht Club. Please share more about the "secret entrance" to Epcot; we plan to spend a lot of time there.

The secret entrance to Epcot for guests staying at the BC is simply the closest exit door to the International Gateway. There is an exit door next to room 1501 in the Beach Club that is really close to Epcot.

Guests of the Yacht club have a secret door, too, but that exit is close to the boat dock.

I am askeered!!!

I looked at the week we are going ( October 24-26) and there isn't a room available even at rack rate...yikes! that pool will be packed!

Here is the info from the FAQ Post 15 on Page 1 of this thread:

"Secret" Entrances/Exits to the Beach Club and Yacht Club

Step-Saving Super Secret Entrance to the Beach Club

There is a side entrance/exit to the Beach Club which takes you mere steps, probably 3 minutes, from the International Gateway Entrance. It is near room 1501.

This was really handy for us a couple of times this summer when it was wicked hot and when it had just started pouring.

You have to go through a lot of hallways to find it, so the best way to do this is to follow the signs to room 1501 from the lobby.

Here are photos of the exit door near room 1501, the pathway and the gate to the "secret entrance"

insidedoor1501exit-1-1.jpg
externaldoorto1501entrance-1-1.jpg
PathwayfromEpcotendto1501entrance-1-1.jpg

Epcotendentranceto1501door-1-2.jpg

Yacht Club Secret Entrance/Exit

Facing the Yacht Club, the marina will be on your left and the wedding gazebo to your right.

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

This is the room closest to the entrance to help you find the exit from inside.

daf26e4e.jpg

According to the small sign you can see in the picture, this door has keyed entry during the hours of 11 PM to 7 AM

A little more detail about the YC Secret Entrance

Thanks, pixarmom, for the photos and info!

The secret entrance to Epcot for guests staying at the BC is simply the closest exit door to the International Gateway. There is an exit door next to room 1501 in the Beach Club that is really close to Epcot.

Guests of the Yacht club have a secret door, too, but that exit is close to the boat dock.

Want to make sure I have a chance to wish you an absolutely fantastic trip!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

I am askeered!!!

I looked at the week we are going ( October 24-26) and there isn't a room available even at rack rate...yikes! that pool will be packed!

I wouldn't get too worried if I were you. I have been at the resort when it is fully booked (you probably have too, since you were there in July). The resort has been pretty close to 100% occupancy quite often recently.

Did you find the pool overcrowded during your summer trip? I visited SAB 3 times during my 2 day trip in August and the pool was busy, but manageable. The pool will probably be a little less crowded (although still popular) in October than it was over the summer.

:)

I wouldn't get too worried if I were you. I have been at the resort when it is fully booked (you probably have too, since you were there in July). The resort has been pretty close to 100% occupancy quite often recently.

Did you find the pool overcrowded during your summer trip? I visited SAB 3 times during my 2 day trip in August and the pool was busy, but manageable. The pool will probably be a little less crowded (although still popular) in October than it was over the summer.

:)

It was..we couldn't find 3 chairs in the afternoon, but the hotel still had all category's available when I looked ( probably the reason I got bumped to the Suite )

We go every year around Halloween and even thought they say they are fully booked we have never found SAB to be crowded.

It may be there are fewer children than during the summer??

We head to the pool around 2:00 and always find chairs all around the SAB...

Hate for this year to be the year that its not so....fingers crossed:duck:

Do we need a reservation for beaches and cream or is it a quick serve restaurant?

Don't count on being able to just walk up and get a table, though you might be able to snag a couple of places at the counter, if you are lucky. The place is extremely small and very popular.

If you can, do ADR; that way, you won't be disappointed.

I am askeered!!! I looked at the week we are going ( October 24-26) and there isn't a room available even at rack rate...yikes! that pool will be packed!
We made last minute reservations for our daughter that weekend so she could join us at the WL. She got the last room at the resort and she only had one other resort to choose from. I think it is going to be crowded that weekend.

I'm exactly 2 weeks from booking my fast passes. It is a Monday and I work. I am a teacher, so I can't book my fast passes at work. The only time I have is before or after work. I'm worried if I wait the must haves will be gone. For example, DD wants to meet Elsa and Anna. DS didn't get to ride Space Mountain last time, so I want to FP that.

Long story for my simple question...

What time can I start booking my fast passes online? :confused3

I'm exactly 2 weeks from booking my fast passes. It is a Monday and I work. I am a teacher, so I can't book my fast passes at work. The only time I have is before or after work. I'm worried if I wait the must haves will be gone. For example, DD wants to meet Elsa and Anna. DS didn't get to ride Space Mountain last time, so I want to FP that. Long story for my simple question... What time can I start booking my fast passes online? :confused3

Midnight est.

Hi, everyone!:wave2:
I was so busy ever since we came back from our stay at YC at the end of Aug with back to school and sports/activities starting, and work. However, I am glad to say that we are returning to WDW tomorrow! :hyper: We will be staying at Dolphin (their rate was too good to pass) but we will definitely pass by YC/BC when we go to Epcot to enjoy F&W. We are sad that Tina won't be at BC this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter