2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that if they are starting the room rehabs at the BC in October then you would have a good chance of getting a rehabbed room in August.

Thanks. DH is all packed but my suitcase only has my Magic Bands in it. :upsidedow We have several sets and I decorated them. Once you start decorating MB's, you don't want to stop. :rolleyes:

I'm using my Magic bands to make a necklace. At Christmas time I might use them as ornaments for a Disney themed Christmas tree. For Easter I'm going to wrap them around Cadbury chocolate eggs and hide them for the kids to find!

Reuse and recycle people!!

~NM

PS Nymphie! I hope you have a great trip and I hope you find the time to pack more than just the magic bands. You can always go commando so no need for underwear. I would definitely pack a poncho at the minimum because it covers all the naughty bits and keeps you dry in the rain. ;)

Does anyone know if I do online check in at BC, will I be able to request a king bed closer to Epcot? I didn't see that option on online check in so I stopped the process.

DH and I stayed at a Ramada motel in Anaheim for our Disneyland honeymoon 24 years ago. It was quite an extravagant holiday for us, as we were just starting out. Since then, we have enjoyed many Disney trips with our DDs. We generally do budget friendly motels/hotels.

We decided to splurge for our 25th anniversary next year. :woohoo: We have booked BC (our first time staying in a Deluxe resort :cloud9:) April 22-27, 2015, 2 nights at the Royal Pacific for US, 2 nights in Miami pre-cruise, 14-night Panama Canal Disney cruise (booked as soon as rates came out and got a great deal on a cabin with verandah!), and lastly 6 nights at the Disneyland Hotel (I have always wanted to stay here!). I can't believe we will be experiencing Disney in luxury for an entire month sans kids. :yay: Normally, we would not spend that kind of money on hotels, but it is not only a celebration of 25 years, but we have come along way from where we started out.

With the exception of our honeymoon, the trips have all been centered around pleasing the girls, which brought us absolute joy. princess:princess: I am known to plan to the smallest detail our trips to ensure the girls get the best experience. However, we are looking forward to a slower paced, relaxed, adult version of a Disney experience. :beach:We will be avoiding crowds and long lines:crowded:, because we can. We are not pre-booking anything other than a couples massage on the ship. We decided that if the line is too long for anything, we will just go somewhere else. We won't mind odd hour table service or counter service meals.

It will be near the end of winter here and still cold, so we will just be soaking up the atmosphere and the warmth.

The last time I was at WDW, I surprised DD22 with trip to attend a Star Wars weekend and we stayed at the All Star Music resort for 5 nights. She studies music, so that is why I picked that resort, plus the value. We loved it! I really like the perks of staying on property. We took the boat from Hollywood Studios to Epcot one day and it was the first time I saw the Epcot resorts. I absolutely fell in love with them. Epcot is our favorite park for food, so we wandered over there for dinner most evenings. At the time I wondered if I could ever afford to stay in this area. After some initial research with DH, we decided that we would try BC because of its walking distance to Epcot. It is very pricey, but this is a special year for us and worth celebrating in this way.

Hi everyone
Counting down the days until our first stay at BC :goodvibes
Does anyone have any recent experience of the bus service back to BC after MNSSHP?
We are going to the party twice and on our second visit we are attending the late seating of the dessert party in the castle so won't be leaving the park until around 1AM!
We generally drive to every park other than MK so wondered what we should expect late at night - for example, will we share bus service with other resorts?
I will happily get a cab if the bus journey is going to be loooong :thumbsup2

Hi Linda
Sometimes they share a bus with YC/BWI/S/D, sometimes only with YC. I have had it both ways. I usually now walk over to CR and get a cab:thumbsup2

Two weeks from today, my wife and I will be checking into BCV!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

page 26-30

I really would like to go back to the beach club after a fantastic holiday this year. Does anyone know if the refurbishment will be completely finished by October 2015. I would hope so but then I also know how long the 7dmt took to complete.;) thanks in advance for your replys.

Forgot to :welcome: you to this thread!

:wave2:

Checking into YC on Friday for the weekend!! Looking forward to a nice walk/boat to Epcot/DHS and going to MNSSHP on Friday night!

Have a great time!

Costumes?

:goodvibes

Thanks for all of your hard work Natebenma!! Started back to school (teacher) Aug. 11th and haven't had much time...glad to have some reading to catch up on and something to look forward to!

I appreciate the kind words! Thanks! :)

Just wanted to comment that we were at BC for the first time this past August. It is now our favorite resort! We really loved being so close to Epcot. Watching Illuminations was a joy just knowing I was steps away from being "home". I fell in love with the decor. After having BC withdrawal tonight, I looked thru the first FAQ page and realized we only skimmed all there was to do at SAB - guess we'll just have to go back. :love:

So glad to hear you had a great stay and plan to come back when you can.

:thumbsup2

We will be there in a week for the first time! I'm so excited! Totally ignoring the weather reports because it always rains just a little!

:welcome:

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, so I will add you.

:cool1:

Dee,
When you get a chance could you please add me to the BOG list . I will be there from June 20 thru the 5th of July 2015 :cool1::beach: Thank You.

Will do!

:woohoo:

La Hacienda has been a family favorite since it opened. Last time, we sat pretty close to the windows and the view of IllumiNations was awesome. The mini tacos are DD's and my usual appetizer to share...so delicious! Also, the margaritas are pretty darn good!

:sunny:

::yes::

Not sure if you have posted here before, but just in case I haven't welcomed you yet, :welcome:

I didn't see you listed on the Be Our Guest list- are you staying at the Yacht or Beach in October?

I also saw from your signature that you are planning a trip to DL next summer. My family (me, DH, 16 year old and 13 year old) had our first trip there this past July- I have a trip report in progress and would like to invite you to read along if you want- the link to the report is in my signature.

Just returned Saturday from our first stay at BC and all I can say is I wanna go "home"!! We just loved BC! We were in room 4554 which had a full balcony and a very slight view of the Epcot Ball. Mousekeeping was incredible--we had a new towel animal every day including a Sting Ray in our bathtub! In all my years of traveling to Disney, we never experienced that particular towel animal! The room was clean and spacious. We were just down the hall from the "secret entrance" to Epcot! The only negative comments I have are 1. small counter service food selection and 2. not enough buses to Magic Kingdom. We had long waits getting to MK and returning. Not exactly sure when we will get to return to Disney but I can honestly say we will be staying at BC when we do!!

Thanks so much for letting us know that you had a great trip and will be a repeat customer next time you visit Disneyworld again.

Do we need a reservation for beaches and cream or is it a quick serve restaurant?

Based on your ticker, I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for May.

:woohoo:

As others indicated, making an ADR at Beaches & Cream is recommended.

Hi, everyone!:wave2:
I was so busy ever since we came back from our stay at YC at the end of Aug with back to school and sports/activities starting, and work. However, I am glad to say that we are returning to WDW tomorrow! :hyper: We will be staying at Dolphin (their rate was too good to pass) but we will definitely pass by YC/BC when we go to Epcot to enjoy F&W. We are sad that Tina won't be at BC this weekend.

Thanks for checking in with us! Have fun this weekend!

:cool2:

Could someone tell me if an adult size child could fit on this daybed comfortably or is more intended for kids.

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort?

:)

p. 26-30 continued

Thank you for your reply. We stayed at YC before and loved it but I don't want to be there in August if they are renovating. I wish I knew roughly how long they will be working on renovating rooms at beach club. :confused3

Let me know if you book for August and I"ll add you to the Be Our Guest List.

I wish I had the answer to that, too!

Does anyone know if I do online check in at BC, will I be able to request a king bed closer to Epcot? I didn't see that option on online check in so I stopped the process.

If you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let us know.

As others have indicated, you have to call the central reservations line to add those particular requests to your reservation.

DH and I stayed at a Ramada motel in Anaheim for our Disneyland honeymoon 24 years ago. It was quite an extravagant holiday for us, as we were just starting out. Since then, we have enjoyed many Disney trips with our DDs. We generally do budget friendly motels/hotels.

We decided to splurge for our 25th anniversary next year. :woohoo: We have booked BC (our first time staying in a Deluxe resort :cloud9:) April 22-27, 2015, 2 nights at the Royal Pacific for US, 2 nights in Miami pre-cruise, 14-night Panama Canal Disney cruise (booked as soon as rates came out and got a great deal on a cabin with verandah!), and lastly 6 nights at the Disneyland Hotel (I have always wanted to stay here!). I can't believe we will be experiencing Disney in luxury for an entire month sans kids. :yay: Normally, we would not spend that kind of money on hotels, but it is not only a celebration of 25 years, but we have come along way from where we started out.

With the exception of our honeymoon, the trips have all been centered around pleasing the girls, which brought us absolute joy. princess:princess: I am known to plan to the smallest detail our trips to ensure the girls get the best experience. However, we are looking forward to a slower paced, relaxed, adult version of a Disney experience. :beach:We will be avoiding crowds and long lines:crowded:, because we can. We are not pre-booking anything other than a couples massage on the ship. We decided that if the line is too long for anything, we will just go somewhere else. We won't mind odd hour table service or counter service meals.

It will be near the end of winter here and still cold, so we will just be soaking up the atmosphere and the warmth.

The last time I was at WDW, I surprised DD22 with trip to attend a Star Wars weekend and we stayed at the All Star Music resort for 5 nights. She studies music, so that is why I picked that resort, plus the value. We loved it! I really like the perks of staying on property. We took the boat from Hollywood Studios to Epcot one day and it was the first time I saw the Epcot resorts. I absolutely fell in love with them. Epcot is our favorite park for food, so we wandered over there for dinner most evenings. At the time I wondered if I could ever afford to stay in this area. After some initial research with DH, we decided that we would try BC because of its walking distance to Epcot. It is very pricey, but this is a special year for us and worth celebrating in this way.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

WOW!!! Sounds like an amazing trip to celebrate your anniversary!!!

You are right, the location of the resort is absolutely incredible.

Please let us know if you have any questions as you are planning your stay.

:yay:

Hi Linda
Sometimes they share a bus with YC/BWI/S/D, sometimes only with YC. I have had it both ways. I usually now walk over to CR and get a cab:thumbsup2

::yes::

That's what we do, too, if we want to avoid crowds.

PS Nymphie! I hope you have a great trip and I hope you find the time to pack more than just the magic bands. You can always go commando so no need for underwear. I would definitely pack a poncho at the minimum because it covers all the naughty bits and keeps you dry in the rain. ;)
I probably don't want one of those clear plastic ponchos, do I? :upsidedow

My husband and I will be at BC for the first time in 35 days. Will the rehab be a problem? I wonder if we should change to Boardwalk. We've always wanted to stay at BC but usually our kids and grandkids go with us and they can't afford to stay there. Anyway just wondering what it's going to be like.

My husband and I will be at BC for the first time in 35 days. Will the rehab be a problem? I wonder if we should change to Boardwalk. We've always wanted to stay at BC but usually our kids and grandkids go with us and they can't afford to stay there. Anyway just wondering what it's going to be like.

They are going to rehab the fifth floor first. If you aren't staying club level then you probably won't even notice that anything is happening there. :)

I don't think so. Disney does their best to limit disruptions to guests as much as possible. Most likely you won't even know anything is going on- often the areas being worked on will be taken out service, so that there are no guests staying in those locations.

Are you staying club level? That will be the first area worked on, 5th floor. I believe they will start sometime in October and I am guessing it will take more than a month for that floor to be completed.

I try to keep the very first post on the first page of this thread updated with any renovation news that we have.

Hi Linda Sometimes they share a bus with YC/BWI/S/D, sometimes only with YC. I have had it both ways. I usually now walk over to CR and get a cab:thumbsup2

Thanks Beth!
I'm a impatient devil and if the bus stopped at all of the above at 1AM, I would not be a happy camper!
Good idea to walk over to CR and get a cab :-)

We are here now and having a great time. We checked in Saturday to a Gardenview room. The CM at check in did a great job searching to find us a room we really wanted. I think it's confusing now that we have room request on our reservation and then completely different room request options with our online check-in. We are overlooking the lake side courtyard. We have a small Juliet balcony but that is fine with us.

A couple days ago I spent the morning in the solarium all by myself drinking coffee. Then came out to the back entrance by the courtyard and sat for quite a while. It was heaven!

We have already been to all four parks and are just about exhausted. LOL. We went to the boardwalk bakery for our first lunch. It was delicious. And we spent our first evening in Epcot then went to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours.

We requested turndown service and have had it every evening except for one. I love that touch! The pool has been great. We ate at the Cape May seafood buffet tonight. Everyone here has been very friendly and helpful.

The last time we were here we stayed club level. This year we used free dining so we did not stay club level. My husband and I both agreed today that we like to stay club level a little better. The dining plan is just too much food. We feel like we are always full. We miss the continental breakfast in the lounge.

Overall it's been such a great stay and we are so glad that we picked the beach club again! I will post pictures when I get back and after I remember how to do that! LOL.

Does anyone know about how long the walk would be from BC to Akershus? We have an 8:15am reservation on Thursday, October 23rd. Will they let us through the gate around 7:30ish? I just don't want to show up late or get there too early. TIA!!!

They are going to rehab the fifth floor first. If you aren't staying club level then you probably won't even notice that anything is happening there. :)

Thanks Sue! We aren't staying club level. I'm so looking forward to staying at BC.

I don't think so. Disney does their best to limit disruptions to guests as much as possible. Most likely you won't even know anything is going on- often the areas being worked on will be taken out service, so that there are no guests staying in those locations.

Are you staying club level? That will be the first area worked on, 5th floor. I believe they will start sometime in October and I am guessing it will take more than a month for that floor to be completed.

I try to keep the very first post on the first page of this thread updated with any renovation news that we have.

Yay! Thanks for the info. We aren't staying club level but I did ask for an upper floor. So looking forward to staying at BC.

We are here now and having a great time. We checked in Saturday to a Gardenview room. The CM at check in did a great job searching to find us a room we really wanted. I think it's confusing now that we have room request on our reservation and then completely different room request options with our online check-in. We are overlooking the lake side courtyard. We have a small Juliet balcony but that is fine with us.

A couple days ago I spent the morning in the solarium all by myself drinking coffee. Then came out to the back entrance by the courtyard and sat for quite a while. It was heaven!

We have already been to all four parks and are just about exhausted. LOL. We went to the boardwalk bakery for our first lunch. It was delicious. And we spent our first evening in Epcot then went to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours.

We requested turndown service and have had it every evening except for one. I love that touch! The pool has been great. We ate at the Cape May seafood buffet tonight. Everyone here has been very friendly and helpful.

The last time we were here we stayed club level. This year we used free dining so we did not stay club level. My husband and I both agreed today that we like to stay club level a little better. The dining plan is just too much food. We feel like we are always full. We miss the continental breakfast in the lounge.

Overall it's been such a great stay and we are so glad that we picked the beach club again! I will post pictures when I get back and after I remember how to do that! LOL.

Thanks so much for checking in with a live report. Glad you are having a great time at the resort so far. I love those early mornings at the Beach Club- so peaceful!

Does anyone know about how long the walk would be from BC to Akershus? We have an 8:15am reservation on Thursday, October 23rd. Will they let us through the gate around 7:30ish? I just don't want to show up late or get there too early. TIA!!!

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest we keep on Page 1. Sounds like you are staying at the Beach Club.

I would estimate 15-20 minutes to get to get to your reservation.

I just timed the walk from the Beach Club lobby to the International Gateway at a leisurely pace. It was 5 minutes.

I would say giving 10-15 minutes to get through bag check, through the turnstiles and walking to Norway is plenty of time.

Be prepared to give your name or reservation number, and they should let you through to your reservation.

Waiting to hear news about the Beach Club Concierge Lounge- I suspect it will be reopening very soon. Very anxious to hear reviews and see pictures

Who will be the first to report about the opening or post photos???

popcorn::

Here is the link for the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to review your info to make sure I have posted it correctly. I am especially concerned with guests who have trips in Oct/Nov/Dec this year or next. If you don't see your trip listed, I may have you in the wrong year.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Let me know if any of your info needs to be adjusted

Ironic that you just posted the Link for BOG because I just booked my 2015 trip.

Yacht Club April 26th - May 3rd.

I am at the Yacht Club Nov 9 - 11, 2014 after Kidani too!!! Looking forward to both trips! Novemeber can not come fast enough!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter