2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though this is probably not the right place to post this, I just wanted to let our BC and YC friends know that Mouse Savers is saying that reliable sources are warning of an increase in ticket prices, effective on Sunday, 02/22/2015. There is also indication that tickets with no expiration date will be discontinued, but will be honored on existing tickets.

It looks like this is the day to do some ticket shopping.

We are going to be staying at BC in June for first time. I read the opening post about villa refurb starting March. Does that mean main building standard rooms would be done being refurbished. Just wondering if I need to request a refurbished room for June or if they will already be done. Thank you in advance!

We are going to be staying at BC in June for first time. I read the opening post about villa refurb starting March. Does that mean main building standard rooms would be done being refurbished. Just wondering if I need to request a refurbished room for June or if they will already be done. Thank you in advance!
Nobody knows for sure, but it has been noted that refurb in BC rooms is to finish about the end of August 2015. You can always request a refurbed room; they usually try their best to accommodate the guest's room requests.
They have been working from the 5th, down. So, the first floor rooms will probably be the last to finish.

Dee safe trip home! I'm back, I think last time I was here was last year when we were booked BC or YC (too many changes I can't remember)....We were booked at Poly GV CL for almost 6 months without changes..however DH recruited the kids and we are finally bringing them to SAB. We are celebrating my birthday, my college graduation (after 18 years as a nurse I finally finished my Bachelors), and I get another WDW trip! (I promised DH Universal this year....well there is always next year). The Pas crew will be at BC LV CL (2 rooms) 8/14-8/22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee safe trip home! I'm back, I think last time I was here was last year when we were booked BC or YC (too many changes I can't remember)....We were booked at Poly GV CL for almost 6 months without changes..however DH recruited the kids and we are finally bringing them to SAB. We are celebrating my birthday, my college graduation (after 18 years as a nurse I finally finished my Bachelors), and I get another WDW trip! (I promised DH Universal this year....well there is always next year). The Pas crew will be at BC LV CL (2 rooms) 8/14-8/22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the BSN! HaPpY DaNcE!!!!

I am starting back (again) for my MSN *sigh* -- going for the PNP. I will land the day you leave. My trip is scheduled to be a celebration since I will have no life for the next two years... Oh Nursing.... lol

If you are staying at Yacht or Beach club, Is it possible to use SAB on check out day, after check out time? We're thinking about a split stay b/w Yacht Club and SOG. WE'd arrive on a Friday night, check out Sunday and move to Shades on Sunday. Would we be able to swim in SAB before leaving YC on Sunday? (Say 11am was check out time, would we be able to get into the SAB area after 11?

We're not trying to cheat the system or anything, just trying to figure out how we want to structure our trip. TIA!

If you are staying at Yacht or Beach club, Is it possible to use SAB on check out day, after check out time? We're thinking about a split stay b/w Yacht Club and SOG. WE'd arrive on a Friday night, check out Sunday and move to Shades on Sunday. Would we be able to swim in SAB before leaving YC on Sunday? (Say 11am was check out time, would we be able to get into the SAB area after 11?

We're not trying to cheat the system or anything, just trying to figure out how we want to structure our trip. TIA!

You have until midnight of the day that you check out to use the resort's amenities, including all of it's pools. :thumbsup2

~NM

Though this is probably not the right place to post this, I just wanted to let our BC and YC friends know that Mouse Savers is saying that reliable sources are warning of an increase in ticket prices, effective on Sunday, 02/22/2015. There is also indication that tickets with no expiration date will be discontinued, but will be honored on existing tickets.

Thanks for posting this. The info that you posted matches everything that I have been reading about this upcoming price increase.

~NM

I am new to this thread. In the past we stayed several years in a row at CSR and the past two spring breaks we enjoyed VWL. We needed to go cheaper this spring break and I was shocked to find a special with Yacht Club garden view in our budget. So we are at the Yacht Club April 3-11.

We are really looking forward to being in an EPCOT resort. We will miss the space, proximity to MK, and more from VWL but I am sure we will find new things to love.

A few questions for those of you who are Yacht Club regulars:

1. I know that the YC only has coffee and baked goods off the lobby in the AM. Does anyone know if the baked goods include chocolate croissants? We have a family tradition that we always have chocolate for breakfast at Disney.

2. Our family plan is rope drop to noon in the parks and then the rest of they day poolside. If we arrive at the pool between 12 and 1 the week following Easter, do you think we will have a hard time finding 2-3 chairs together?

3. We loath all resort transportation from DTD so we tend to go there just once or twice and we like to take a cab back to the resort. Any estimates on cab fare from DTD to YC?

Love these boards. THANKS in advance if you can help!

1) I think the selection just depends on the luck of the draw as far as the chocolate croissants are concerned. The same would apply to the Beach Club Marketplace.

2) again it really depends on the weather and demand. See this link for some timely strategies http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...q-may-sept-2014.3277682/page-21#post-51529974

~NM

I like the mugs, I tend to fill them up a lot, in the morning on the way out, and by pool. Love the ice tea and lemonade. They also have a club soda in the pool fountain machines that's good mixed with lemonade. I may also have a bottle if wine or 2 :drinking1in my room that I may put in my mug for afternoon pool break! And of course to smuggle out my Grand Marnier slush or maggie!! Ha.

I seem to recall using my mug for wine on past trips. I would love to be able to bring them back and get them recharged for a second trip. We have a tentative trip planned for next January (six of us). It will all depend on whether we can get a 2BR suite at Kidani renting points. Or some fantastic deal comes out for January.

It cost about $13 for us to take a taxi from the BC to DTD and $10 for the taxi from DTD to the BC when we used it last March. It was totally worth it.

I agree. The only trip I've taken to DTD that wasn't painful was using the boat from POR to DTD. That was quite nice and relaxing. My oldest really wants to go to DTD for our trip in August. I refuse to lug a carseat for the little one just to go to DTD. So we'll either cab it and get one that has a car seat, or take the bus from MK to POR and use the boat from there. It would likely take us longer than just using the bus straight from the Poly, but it would be a slightly nicer ride, I think.

1. I know that the YC only has coffee and baked goods off the lobby in the AM. Does anyone know if the baked goods include chocolate croissants? We have a family tradition that we always have chocolate for breakfast at Disney.

Good news is you can hop a boat in the morning and go right over to the Boardwalk where you'll find the Boardwalk Bakery. They'll have everything you could dream of. You can also walk it if boats aren't running yet.

Page 158-161

Catching up on the thread.

Hi everyone *waves* I have been on the BOG list for ages, and have been lurking in this thread since then :) This will be my first ever visit to the YC and now I am less than 2 months and 2 weeks away I felt it was time to make myself known on this thread again. I am beyond excited, will be there for 2 weeks, for my birthday and on the DxDP. I am also really looking forward to popping in to see the lovely Teena :) That's it for now. Except to say party::rainbow::jumping1::jumping2:

Glad you came here to share your excitement!!!

:)

Thank you to both of you for answering.

(Did I actually figure out how to quote two people in one reply? It's a miracle!)

Nicely done!!!

:woohoo:

Thanks for your reply! I guess I assumed the day bed was a given with 5 as we had been given one every time. We were lucky without knowing it. It's funny you switched to CR because our current reservation is the exact same, but we keep thinking we want to back at YC/BC.

Families of 5 do get priority for a daybed- I think in a situation where there are two families checking in and only one room with a daybed, if one is a party of 4 who has requested a daybed, and the other has 5 people (over the age of 3), then the second family would get the room.

In rare instances a family of 5 may get a room without a daybed. In those cases, a rollaway cot will be provided but as others have mentioned, that situation is not always ideal.

:goodvibes:

Sorry you are stuck!! :(

Just popping back in here to say we are super excited to come back to the Yacht Club In August!! Our second time at Yacht Club....girls are so excited for Stormalong Bay!

:welcome: back!

Glad to hear you are coming back. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

:cool1:

:dogdance: Yay, glad you're off to see the Wizard! Have fun! If you ahem stay at Portofino you could get me some of the wonderful toiletries and bury them at Poly and leave me a treasure map to dig them up in August ::yes::

Sorry, we stayed at the Hard Rock and I didn't have a chance to make it over to the Poly with pilfered toiletries.

:rotfl:

Glad you boarded!

If it fits in with your plans (and if you see this) -- go to Diagon Alley at night and watch the dragon breathe fire. It's really impressive after dark.

We were at Diagon Alley quite a few times after dark, but the dragon was persnickety during out trip. (She/He) wasn't breathing fire every day- probably too cold.

We did catch his (her) act a few times during the day though.

pixiedust:

Have a great time!! Enjoy the Butter Beer!!

~N

We sure did. We split 3 butterbeers between us every day of our trip. Two frozen and one hot. Nate and I prefer the hot and Mark and Ben like the frozen.

:drinking1

What a relief!! Have a super time. Try the butter beer ice cream...yum!!

Unfortunately, we were not craving ice cream during our trip.

:cold:

We are so excited to be staying at BCV Oct 3-9. I wanted through the 10th but it wasn't available--rented points. Anyway it's our first adult only trip and looking forward to this resort :).

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool2:

I checked last night and availability had suddenly opened up for our dates at YC! And even more shockingly, we were able to use our bounceback, so we switched! We are SO excited because we completely fell in love with the resort and the whole area last time during the two days we were able to spend there and were more than a little bummed there was no availability for our stay. So we'll be staying at YC Nov 8-13!

:welcome: back!

I'll make sure you are added to the list with the correct information.

Last edited:
Good news is you can hop a boat in the morning and go right over to the Boardwalk where you'll find the Boardwalk Bakery. They'll have everything you could dream of. You can also walk it if boats aren't running yet.
I totally agree!

They have delicious chocolate croissants, as well as other very tasty baked treats, salads, sandwiches, entrees, etc., which helps make the short walk from the BC an even more pleasant journey. I believe they are open from 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. on most days.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/boardwalk-bakery/menus/breakfast/

Welcome back Dee, MickeyT and Nanette, and all the others I've lost track of. It sounds like you had some great trips.

Page 162-164

Thanks to everyone for keeping us posted on all of the airline fare release news. Very helpful info!

:thumbsup2

Ninja Mom update! (off topic)

I'm getting ready to head to WDW next week with the family for a stay at Caribbean Beach resort.

~NM

*snip*

Sounds like a fantastic trip you have planned. Have a blast!

:goodvibes:

Can you please change my reservation from March 23-26 to May 24-28, had to book standard room to get the discount now.....

Will do!

I am so excited! I've been stalking a room at the Beach Club for the last part of our vacation, and one finally opened up! We'll be at the BC CL instead of the YC CL. I do love both sides, but the BC has my heart! So happy!!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome!!! I'll make the change to your listing.

:hyper:

Have a great time at Universal, Dee!! Glad to hear you didn't get stuck on platform 9 3/4....

So...when making room requests should I do it through reservations or, since we are staying club level, can I just email the concierge with the request? Oh, and we'll be at the Biergarten in June...NM, PM me your address and I'll ship a box of pretzel rolls to you! LOL!!!

Didn't get stuck on Platform 9 3/4, but did get stuck in Gringotts Bank. Waited about an hour in line, then the ride went down. We did ride it later that night after an hour and a half wait (we were determined to wait it out). We rode it on our arrival night, last thing, with just a 30 minute way.

pixiedust:

Does anyone know if there are many rooms (how many?) that meet the following description: Beach Club, Club Level (5th floor) Standard Room, Water/Lagoon View, Large Balcony, King Bed?

:welcome: to this thread!!!

I have some notes about the rooms on Club Level. I'll see if I can tell if there are rooms other than 5683 that fit this description.

Yup, Room 5683, it's on a corner overlooking SAB, HUGE balcony, king bed. I stayed there in June. I posted pictures on the last BC thread but not sure how to post a link to them. I'll figure it out!

I think I quoted your post in the View Thread, I'll link it here.

we are staying YC 6/18/15-6/25/15 celebrating my birthday

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Question 1 bedroom villa,
Hi,Can someone confirm if the one bedroom are really only for 4 guests.. We re 3 adults and two kids ( 9 and 10)... I read online that for DVC people 5 are allowed but own bedding..

Would Disney allow us to directly book with 5??

Your question has been answered in subsequent posts, with some suggestions about what you could do. Please let us know if you book a stay at the villas.

Sounds like I have until 5/14 to convince DH that we NEED a trip to WDW this Christmas time!

Wishing you the best of luck!!!

:goodvibes

I need to buy a case of bottled water when I arrive at Yacht Club. I know I can use Garden Grocer, but I was wondering if you can buy a case of bottled water at the gift shop? If so, about how much? THANKS!

If you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let us now the date of your trip.

According to the price list I have, a case of 24 bottles of water (12 oz bottles) is around $16-17.

:drinking1

Wow, look what I found! Everything you ever wanted to know (or almost) about BC.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/beach-club/

Cool!!! Thanks for sharing.

::yes::

Last edited:
Congrats on the BSN! HaPpY DaNcE!!!!

I am starting back (again) for my MSN *sigh* -- going for the PNP. I will land the day you leave. My trip is scheduled to be a celebration since I will have no life for the next two years... Oh Nursing.... lol
Thanks, I plan to do the MSN but I have NO clue what concentration to do...education, NP, forensics....ahhhhh Good luck with your PNP!! I can focus more on the MSN decision after summer!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Page 165-166

Hi, I'm new here (first post, woohoo!) but not new to Disney trips. It will, however, be our first stay at Beach Club and we'll be going in mid-March. I know about the room renovations, starting from top to bottom, so is it correct that in order to get a newly renovated room I should request a higher floor versus a lower floor? Or should I skip online check-in and ask in person when we get there?

:welcome: to the DIS and to this thread!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

I think others responded, but my recommendation is to add your request to your reservation by contacting the Central Reservations Office or Travel Agent (however you booked your trip) and adding either "Upper Floor" or "Renovated Room Please" and then to skip online check-in and discuss the room possibilities that are available at the time you arrive.

Has anyone else noticed the discrepancy in room rates between Garden View rooms at BC and Garden View rooms at YC? This applies not only to standard rooms, but Club Level, as well. Standard View rates, however, appear to match between resorts. I have tried checking for several dates, with the same results.

Which resort has the higher rates? I haven't noticed that and I don't really know the reason why that would be.

:confused:

Welcome 'home' Dee... I pulled an 85 degree swing from 90 inGuatemala Sunday to a new low of 4 this morning in SC.

:welcome: back from your volunteer work!

UGH on the temperature difference.

To go along with the new DIS post mentioned above about the Yacht and Beach Club the DIS Podcast team did a show on each resort.
Only negative is Captains Grille and they didn't seem to know about the refurb schedule

http://www.disunplugged.com/2015/02/18/dis-unplugged-podcast-021915-7-in-7-beach-club/

http://www.disunplugged.com/2015/02/20/dis-unplugged-podcast-022015-7-in-7-yacht-club/

Thanks for this!!! I'll put links to these in the review section in this thread (now Page 1).

I am new to this thread. In the past we stayed several years in a row at CSR and the past two spring breaks we enjoyed VWL. We needed to go cheaper this spring break and I was shocked to find a special with Yacht Club garden view in our budget. So we are at the Yacht Club April 3-11.

We are really looking forward to being in an EPCOT resort. We will miss the space, proximity to MK, and more from VWL but I am sure we will find new things to love.

A few questions for those of you who are Yacht Club regulars:

2. Our family plan is rope drop to noon in the parks and then the rest of they day poolside. If we arrive at the pool between 12 and 1 the week following Easter, do you think we will have a hard time finding 2-3 chairs together?

3. We loath all resort transportation from DTD so we tend to go there just once or twice and we like to take a cab back to the resort. Any estimates on cab fare from DTD to YC?

:welcome: to this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for April.

1. I think I took pictures of the baked goods at the Ale & Compass in August, I'll look to see if I can spot any chocolate croissants. As ~NM suggested, the selections may change every day. I think the Beach Club Marketplace would have them more mornings than not, though. Nice tradition!

2. I think you should be ok finding chairs at that time. I think the pool CMs are trying to be proactive about removing towels that are unattended for long periods of time, we shall see when the spring/summer pool season heats up. Even in August, in both the morning and afternoon, I was able to find a number of chairs (not loungers) that were empty.

3. A taxi is definitely the way to go to return to either the YC or BC (or any resort) from DTD. They are readily available, and as others have said, under $20 with tip. Well worth it.

::yes::

Any info as to whether the Stormalong Bay maintenance is on schedule?
It is supposed to be completed by March 3.
Thanks!
Deb

Great question!!! I would love to hear a report about what they are working on.

BUMP!!!

We really appreciate you posting this and giving us a heads up!

:thanks:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:yay:

The refurb work on the BCV will be happening at the same time as the BC renovation, with different crews. So from what I am hearing, a lot, but not all, of the rooms at the Beach Club will be renovated at the time of your stay. I would suggest you add a request for an upper floor or refurbished room to your reservation. As I noted above, your best bet is to skip online check-in and discuss available room options when you arrive.

Hey! :welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

Sounds like a couple of really special celebrations- congrats on your upcoming graduation. Quite an accomplishment!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

As Ninja indicated, you are totally justified using Stormalong Bay any time during your checkin and checkout day, even if you no longer have a room.

Let us know if you book at stay at the Yacht Club.

Can't remember if you have posted here before or not, so

Great user name!!! :surfweb:

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list for March, so I will add you.

:goodvibes

I have a question :-) when does everyone book their room? Do most people wait for packages to come out? so what is that like 6 months before vacation? or..... do you book just the room until packages come out? Just curious if it helps to book early, my next trip isn't until 454 days :sad: staying at the Yacht Club and I want a pool view this time, our last room was all the way at then end closest to the Boardwalk but we had a lake view and it was awesome. Was hoping to be closer to the lobby this next time. Thanks for any insight :teeth:

I came across this board a month ago and it's provided so much terrific information! I thought I should probably stop lurking, create an account and say hello. :wave:The family and I are planning a split stay -- 3 nights at an AoA suite and then 4/26 - 4/29 we'll be staying in a deluxe room at the Beach Club! I'm so excited as we're in a deep-freeze here in northern Vermont!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter