2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booked our flights last week on Southwest for our 9/26-10/3 trip. Happy to get nonstop at a reasonable price as DH refuses to drive ever again! Next up, dining reservations!

Does anyone know if there are many rooms (how many?) that meet the following description: Beach Club, Club Level (5th floor) Standard Room, Water/Lagoon View, Large Balcony, King Bed?

Yup, Room 5683, it's on a corner overlooking SAB, HUGE balcony, king bed. I stayed there in June. I posted pictures on the last BC thread but not sure how to post a link to them. I'll figure it out!

I guess I had not added your post about 5683 to the Beach Club View Thread, so I just did that now

According to my notes, Room 5727 is a BC CL WV, with a King Bed* but I'm not sure if it has a full or Juliet balcony.

* I don't know if any of the bedding configurations have changed with the room renovation on the 5th floor- if any of the 2 Queen bed rooms have been changed to King rooms or vice versa.

Room 5683

Here's are some highlights:
Check-in: On the last day of the Convention, I drove over to the Beach Club at 7:00 am to check in before my Mom was scheduled to arrive on the ME around 10. I had to go back to the Convention so I wanted to have check in squared away before she arrived before me, as I wasn't getting back to the BC until about noon. Well, MAJOR pixie dust - we were upgraded from a standard Garden View to Lagoon View Club Level!:yay:I've stayed CL a few times, but my Mom doesn't get to travel much and I knew how much she would love it. The one catch was that we had to have a king bed...no problem! I was directed to someone with an iPad in the lobby, can't remember her name but she was FABULOUS and totally excited for us. I decided to bag the last few hours of the convention and came back to the BC by 10 to wait for my Mom's arrival so I could see her face. Needless to say, she was THRILLED!!

ROOM: We were in room 5683, which is the corner room located right above SAB, the one that is actually on a youtube video - it has a really long balcony. The room had TONS of space. Everything was in fine working order and we had no issues with housekeeping or things that didn't work. The room has a very unique shape and was PERFECT for the two of us. Here are some pics:

The long hallway as you enter:

The bathroom was off the hallway to the right:

The "bedroom" was at the end of the hallway to the right, just beyond the bathroom:

i-P4H54qN-M.jpg
[/url]

The balcony was almost laughably large. It was very long, but also very narrow. We enjoyed it immensely! Here are some pictures, as well as our room views:

To the left:

Straight ahead:

To the right:

Looking down:

We loved this view because we always had a birdseye view of what was happening at SAB, and where the empty chairs were before we went down! This particular day it was raining cats and dogs for like an hour, but the pool remained open as there wasn't any lightening in the area. The kids were having a ball!!
This is the view of our room from the pool, it's the one on the top floor with the long balcony:

I have a question :-) when does everyone book their room? Do most people wait for packages to come out? so what is that like 6 months before vacation? or..... do you book just the room until packages come out? Just curious if it helps to book early, my next trip isn't until 454 days :sad: staying at the Yacht Club and I want a pool view this time, our last room was all the way at then end closest to the Boardwalk but we had a lake view and it was awesome. Was hoping to be closer to the lobby this next time. Thanks for any insight :teeth:
I booked room only a year out...to make sure I got the room and resort I wanted. Then when packages came out, I updated. Also, when the 30% off deals came out I updated as well. All along, I kept the same room and it was very easy.

I booked room only a year out...to make sure I got the room and resort I wanted. Then when packages came out, I updated. Also, when the 30% off deals came out I updated as well. All along, I kept the same room and it was very easy.

I was already to book it at the 499 day mark, but then thought what is the benefit of just booking room only that far out. I know when packages come out or discounts don't they basically cancel your original and rebook? Curious what most people do when they have a Disney vacation in their plans that far away?
Thanks for your reply :)

I came across this board a month ago and it's provided so much terrific information! I thought I should probably stop lurking, create an account and say hello. :wave:The family and I are planning a split stay -- 3 nights at an AoA suite and then 4/26 - 4/29 we'll be staying in a deluxe room at the Beach Club! I'm so excited as we're in a deep-freeze here in northern Vermont!

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS! Glad you decided to join us.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for April.

:woohoo:

I am hearing you on the deep freeze! Ready for spring!

:daisy:

Booked our flights last week on Southwest for our 9/26-10/3 trip. Happy to get nonstop at a reasonable price as DH refuses to drive ever again! Next up, dining reservations!

:thumbsup2

I have a question :-) when does everyone book their room? Do most people wait for packages to come out? so what is that like 6 months before vacation? or..... do you book just the room until packages come out? Just curious if it helps to book early, my next trip isn't until 454 days :sad: staying at the Yacht Club and I want a pool view this time, our last room was all the way at then end closest to the Boardwalk but we had a lake view and it was awesome. Was hoping to be closer to the lobby this next time. Thanks for any insight :teeth:

I was already to book it at the 499 day mark, but then thought what is the benefit of just booking room only that far out. I know when packages come out or discounts don't they basically cancel your original and rebook? Curious what most people do when they have a Disney vacation in their plans that far away?

People book on all different timetables- from as soon as possible to last minute. As Abow75 explains above, Disney makes it pretty easy to change your reservation or to add a discount when it becomes available, especially if you are more than 45 days out from your trip (with a package).

Sometimes you have to cancel and rebook your reservationor you may need to change the room type you have booked, if the same room is not available for the discount you are trying to apply. For example, say you book a standard view room. When a discount or free dining comes out for the time of your trip, there may not be any standard rooms available for that particular discount. So you may have to change to a garden view room.

I once changed from a package to a room only and I had to cancel and rebook my original reservation.

Hope that helps.

:goodvibes:

Last edited:
I have updated the Be Our Guest list from the past 10 pages. Please take a moment to look it over to see if your information is listed correctly. Let me know if you have any corrections or changes to make:

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

We always book a room only reservation as soon as we decide to take the vacation. BC and YC are very popular and rooms can sell out early. We have had our room type at our favorite resort (BC) sold out in the past, leaving us with a 2nd choice at a different resort :( , so we are always quick to make the reservation, just in case. We watch for discounts and get them applied as soon as they come out, while there is still availability. :)

Last edited:

1. I know that the YC only has coffee and baked goods off the lobby in the AM. Does anyone know if the baked goods include chocolate croissants? We have a family tradition that we always have chocolate for breakfast at Disney.

Love these boards. THANKS in advance if you can help!

So here are a few pictures from my Ale & Compass post (August 2014). Unfortunately, I can't tell if the croissants on the bottom left are chocolate, but when I zoom in on my original picture, it sure looks like chocolate stripes to me.

I am optimistic that between the Ale & Compass and the Beach Club Marketplace, you will be able to maintain your tradition (worse case scenario, as others have suggested, is a trip to the Boardwalk Bakery)

More Ale & Compass Pictures, August 2014
Open for Coffee and Continental Breakfast in the morning

Reusable Mug refill location until either 11 am or noon.
There is no refill station, the CM working behind the counter can fill your mug with the available beverages.

Thanks for this picture, Wood Nymph!

Here are the selections available:

Croissants, Fresh Fruit, Granola Bars, Protein Bars, Yogurt Parfait, Baked Goods, Egg White Multigrain Croissant Sandwich, Steel-cut Oatmeal, Grits

I booked a garden view at BC. The entire time, upgrading to a package and later to apply the spring break discounts, I kept my same room. I would say the advantage is ensuring you have the room category and the resort you want. For a package upgrade, the room has already been reserved, so you're just adding the tickets, meals etc. The only time you may have to cancel your whole reservation is if you want to apply a discount, which may not be available for the room category or even the resort you have the reservation. That would then be your choice to rebook if the deal was appealing enough. I was able to apply the deal thus time w/o changing a thing. My reservation number and a my ADRs were not effected at all. I think you might be a little far out, and could wait a little bit. I actually think there is a specific number of days out you can book room only.

People book on all different timetables- from as soon as possible to last minute. As Abow75 explains above, Disney makes it pretty easy to change your reservation or to add a discount when it becomes available, especially if you are more than 45 days out from your trip (with a package).

Sometimes you have to cancel and rebook your reservationor you may need to change the room type you have booked, if the same room is not available for the discount you are trying to apply. For example, say you book a standard view room. When a discount or free dining comes out for the time of your trip, there may not be any standard rooms available for that particular discount. So you may have to change to a garden view room.

I once changed from a package to a room only and I had to cancel and rebook my original reservation.

Hope that helps.

:goodvibes:

Yes thanks Dee. I think I will go ahead and book our trip, I think this awful weather isn't helping, its making me long even more for a Disney trip!!!!
Are there particular Pool View Rooms that are most preferred to others? I know requests are just that but I figure I would ask the experts on here! Thanks again

As soon as I can book a flight, I book a room only reservation. That way I know for sure I have a way to get to WDW and a place to sleep. This also gives me the maximum amount we will be paying for our vacation, and I know my room only reservation can be cancelled without penalty at any time.

My next step is to obsessively watch the DisBoards for information about packages and discounts. Once I see a discount I like, I call Disney and book the package or discount, and cancel my original room reservation. As Dee mentioned, we don't always get the same room category (or even the same resort) but we usually get a deal we are happy with. We've had experiences where we were booked with a room only GV CL reservation at the YC and when we called to get a package with a discount we were able to get the same category and view with a huge discount. One year, we had booked a room only Wilderness Lodge CL room and when we called to get a package with a discount we couldn't get one at WL, but it was $1200 cheaper for us to get a CL room at the Contemporary Resort, where we had an amazing balcony with an incredible view of the MK.

Just make sure your original booking makes you happy and then be flexible and try to improve it by applying a good discount.

I booked a garden view at BC. The entire time, upgrading to a package and later to apply the spring break discounts, I kept my same room. I would say the advantage is ensuring you have the room category and the resort you want. For a package upgrade, the room has already been reserved, so you're just adding the tickets, meals etc. The only time you may have to cancel your whole reservation is if you want to apply a discount, which may not be available for the room category or even the resort you have the reservation. That would then be your choice to rebook if the deal was appealing enough. I was able to apply the deal thus time w/o changing a thing. My reservation number and a my ADRs were not effected at all. I think you might be a little far out, and could wait a little bit. I actually think there is a specific number of days out you can book room only.

Its 499 Days out to book Room only. Thanks for your response, I am leaning on going ahead and booking the room. I know the place to come for info on when and what the discounts will be is here. Thank you for your help

I have a standard room booked for four nights in August. I'm very excited about my first stay at the BC!!! :banana:

If I do online checkin, could somebody please tell me what requests I can make? I would really like a room with a balcony. Would this be a choice with online?

1) I think the selection just depends on the luck of the draw as far as the chocolate croissants are concerned. The same would apply to the Beach Club Marketplace.

2) again it really depends on the weather and demand. See this link for some timely strategies http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...q-may-sept-2014.3277682/page-21#post-51529974

~NM

Thanks Ninja Mom. I absolutely do not want to be one of the people who saves a chair. That is why I ask about timing. If it means coming back from the parks earlier to secure a lounger then that is what we will do. We are a family of four but we usually just take two chairs for the adults since the kids stay in the pool most of the time. We swim too but it is a major goal to spend a few hours each day enjoying the sun, perhaps reading a book, and of course pool drink in hand. This is how we do Disney. No one is ever crabby on our family trips. We get up and go in the AM,,,then relax. I am nervous that Easter week will be crowded poolside.

Please add us to BOG. We are staying at the Yacht Club April 25 to May 2. DH, DD11 and me. This is our first time at YC/BC. My DD does not know where we are staying just that we are going to Disney. She is a total water pool girl so I can not wait to see her face when she sees SAB for the first time. Counting down the days. I think we are upto 4 feet of snow here and it almost doesn't seem possible that we will be in Disney is 62 days.

With the way the YC has been booking up so quickly, especially during peak times, it might not be a bad idea to book room only and add the package later. Really there's no reason not to since WDW is so wonderful about changing/cancelling reservations.

~Cari~ pluto:

As soon as I can book a flight, I book a room only reservation. That way I know for sure I have a way to get to WDW and a place to sleep. This also gives me the maximum amount we will be paying for our vacation, and I know my room only reservation can be cancelled without penalty at any time.

My next step is to obsessively watch the DisBoards for information about packages and discounts. Once I see a discount I like, I call Disney and book the package or discount, and cancel my original room reservation. As Dee mentioned, we don't always get the same room category (or even the same resort) but we usually get a deal we are happy with. We've had experiences where we were booked with a room only GV CL reservation at the YC and when we called to get a package with a discount we were able to get the same category and view with a huge discount. One year, we had booked a room only Wilderness Lodge CL room and when we called to get a package with a discount we couldn't get one at WL, but it was $1200 cheaper for us to get a CL room at the Contemporary Resort, where we had an amazing balcony with an incredible view of the MK.

Just make sure your original booking makes you happy and then be flexible and try to improve it by applying a good discount.

Thank You
Yes most definitely find out here on discounts along with everything else :-) no worries I'm on Disboards most days :flower1:
I really don't want to stay anywhere but the Yacht Club, but would change if we had to, our dates aren't flexible due to my daughters school schedule.
About club level - Is it worth it? I'm thinking if we have dining plan and like to get to parks early early and have all our dining reservations booked. What is the perk about staying Club Level? Is it for the food and concierge? are the rooms better? If I have everything done and have dining plan whats the point? I have no clue have never stayed club level sorry for all the questions, you can blame the ice and snow outside o_O for this. I wanna get away right this minute :cold: HATE this weather.

Thanks again

Thank You
Yes most definitely find out here on discounts along with everything else :-) no worries I'm on Disboards most days :flower1:
I really don't want to stay anywhere but the Yacht Club, but would change if we had to, our dates aren't flexible due to my daughters school schedule.
About club level - Is it worth it? I'm thinking if we have dining plan and like to get to parks early early and have all our dining reservations booked. What is the perk about staying Club Level? Is it for the food and concierge? are the rooms better? If I have everything done and have dining plan whats the point? I have no clue have never stayed club level sorry for all the questions, you can blame the ice and snow outside o_O for this. I wanna get away right this minute :cold: HATE this weather.

Thanks again

Club Level is one of those things that is worth it for some, but pointless for others. The rooms are the same as the rest of the resort, so no benefit there. For us we like the benefits of the food and beverages, and the booking of our dining reservations (although that was before we could book on the computer). For the benefits of food and drink, the more people in your family the more you will save. Since you pay one price for the CL room, you will save more if 3 or 4 people are using CL for breakfast, instead of just 1 or 2. We've never done the Dining Plan, but I think the dining plan plus CL would be too much food.

CL is not a replacement for lunch or dinner, but it does offer a reasonable breakfast, so we use it for breakfast most days. We really like that when there are 3 of us travelling we can each wake and get ready at our own speed and get our breakfast at our own speed and just head out to a park when we are done. After coming back from the park it is really nice to stop in at the CL lounge and get a drink and snack. While they do put out some substantial appetizers at dinner time, we have never used CL as a substitute for supper.

For us, CL with three people is worth it, but when it is just my husband and I travelling, I don't think CL is worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter