2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next Southwest Airlines schedule extension is loaded and ready to accept bookings thru Friday, 10/30/2015.
Went online to book my flight this morning and there are no direct flights to MCO until Saturday evening :(
Was hoping to fly out on earliest available that morning. Should I just book the direct flight they have on Friday evening and get a r/o reservation somewhere or will they release any more flights for that Saturday?
This is my first time flying to Disney so I'm not too familiar with how everything works. TIA!!

From Southwest:

"On May 14, 2015, we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2016. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)"

Anyone wanting to book for the next extension will want to check early in the morning on May 14 {or whatever the next date will be} for availability, as this next extension will include Thanksgiving, Christmas, ans New Year. That will include me!
Thank you!!!!

Went online to book my flight this morning and there are no direct flights to MCO until Saturday evening :(
Was hoping to fly out on earliest available that morning. Should I just book the direct flight they have on Friday evening and get a r/o reservation somewhere or will they release any more flights for that Saturday?
This is my first time flying to Disney so I'm not too familiar with how everything works. TIA!!

What airport are you departing from? Sometimes there is a connecting flight itinerary that works, with just about 1-2 hours more than a nonstop flight. It's unlikely that SWA will add flights until next extension.

I noticed that flights from my home airport are extremely limited for Saturdays, as well. I think that with Southwest adding several new domestic and international routes, the available aircraft are being carefully allocated.

If you don't see any acceptable connecting flights on Saturday morning, you might want to check other airlines by doing a search on a site like Expedia. You could also book the Friday night flight and add one night at a Disney value property; that way, you will get ME, and your luggage can be transferred from the first resort to the next by Disney, as a courtesy.

If you plan to fly SWA then you can book the Friday flight and if a nonstop on Saturday opens up you can switch without paying any penalties.

We had a nonstop Saturday morning flight get added after we had already booked a different flight last month.

Good luck. :)

If you plan to fly SWA then you can book the Friday flight and if a nonstop on Saturday opens up you can switch without paying any penalties.

We had a nonstop Saturday morning flight get added after we had already booked a different flight last month.

Good luck. :)
What airport are you departing from? Sometimes there is a connecting flight itinerary that works, with just about 1-2 hours more than a nonstop flight. It's unlikely that SWA will add flights until next extension.

I noticed that flights from my home airport are extremely limited for Saturdays, as well. I think that with Southwest adding several new domestic and international routes, the available aircraft are being carefully allocated.

If you don't see any acceptable connecting flights on Saturday morning, you might want to check other airlines by doing a search on a site like Expedia. You could also book the Friday night flight and add one night at a Disney value property; that way, you will get ME, and your luggage can be transferred from the first resort to the next by Disney, as a courtesy.
I am flying out of Birmingham and all of the connecting flights are a total of 5-6 hours. Normal time direct to MCO is 1 1/2 hours. I did check a couple other airlines but did not see any direct flights so I think I'll just book the Friday evening flight and stay at a value that night.
Good to know I can modify my flight if needed without penalty. Thank you both for your help!!

Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

Guest Lists:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

katyj26 Jan 29-Feb 6 YC GV
DisneyFEB2013 Jan 30-Feb 8 BC CL
btk2333 Jan 31-Feb 8 BCV (twins' first trip)
lizhall end of Jan/early Feb ??
wishes114 late Jan/early Feb BC CL
inerror late Jan/early Feb 8 nights, BC or YC

February:love:

maa Feb 2015 BC (Princess Half-Marathon)
swanprincess06 YC (1 night), then BC (Princess Half-Marathon)

Spoisal Feb 1-5 BC CL SV
GooglyGip Feb 1-6 BC WV
Nannette Feb 1-9 YC CL "Celebration of Life"
Miked0292 Feb 3-6 (maybe 7th) YC CL
cinderella73 Feb 4-?? BC
dogtired Feb 4-10 BC
supamaki Feb 10-?? BC
strawberrylilacs Feb 12-21 BC (3 Generations of BDs)
cgulls Feb 15-21 YC (after 1 night HRH at US)
Physics Guy Feb 15-20 BCV
mieuxmew Feb 18-24 YC (Princess Half Marathon, conference, no kids)
cleophus12 Feb 19-23 BCV (Princess 5K)
runDisneyNut Feb 19-24 BC (Princess Half, with sorority sisters and families)
renes Feb 19-26 YC (DGS 5th BD)
susall Feb 18-March 6 BC (Disney Princess Run GSC)
HBGdancermom Feb 21-24 YC CL (Princess Half, 2 rooms)
pld5 Feb 21-27 BC CL
WDWDancer Feb 22-26 YC CL GV (DD 1st BD, 5th Anniversary)
saintsfanshelly Feb 22-27 YC
iScrap Feb 28-March 6 BCV
clambert Feb 28-March 7 BC
eastendlights Feb-March 10 nights BC CL Deluxe (19th BD)

March :shamrock:

UrsulatheSeaWitch March
mermaid&cinderella March ??
1nfrequent March BC
LisaCM614 March BC CL (before Dream Cruise)

iheartjuppy early March BC WV
barbeml March 1-5 YC (then 3 nights Royal Pacific at US)
susall March 1-6 BC
gometros March 4-9 BCV
PixieVPW March 4-11 BC
dwdeb March 5-15 YC
Texasfan March 9-13 YC
Texasfan March 13-15 YC
suse66 March 14-20 BC CL Deluxe
LindyWebb March 14-21 BC GV
littlecindy March 14-21 YC
defendthehill March 20-28 BC WV
rcraw45425 March 23-26 BC GV
Princess Clayre March 24-April 7 YC
JimmyGalaxy March 28-??? BC CL
Momtomouselover late March BC CL

April :umbrella:

Retromagic April
Darkwing_Duck_CJ April BC Nantucket Suite (Disneymoon, then AKL)

YCFan April 4-9 BC CL LV (then 4 Seasons 4/9-11)
Abow75 April 4-10 BC GV
ruadisneyfan2 April 6-8 BCV (before Wonder)
caseystigger April 11-16 BCV (DBF, DBiL BD)
AliciaS April 11-20 BC GV
Wood Nymph April 15-21 BC GV
Bellabully April 15-25 BCV
caseystigger April 18-21 BC CL
INPartyof5 April 19-27 BC (13th Anniversary)
JVig April 20-26 YC
ursalita April 21-27 YC
NWT April 22-27 BC (25th Anniversary Celebration: Royal Pacific/Panama Canal Cruise/Disneyland Hotel)
Retro Magic April 22-28 BCV studio (after AKL)
LJD2143 April 22-25 BCV April 25-28 BC
Susan121302 April 25-28 BC (after cruise)
cpdisney April 25-May 3 BC
LMO429 April 26-May 3 YC
DeborahB April 28-30 BC Deluxe
Sorrel April 29-May 13 YC
deserrai April 30-May 3 YC (DD 6th BD)
Calle&Jakesmom late April BCV
mickdeb last week of April BC?
Travellerman April 29-May 2 BCV (split with BC or YC)

May :flower3:

Alli76 May YC
coley444 May
disneydee6 May YC CL
robinbutterfly May BC (split with GF)
MOM POPPINS May BC or BCV???
sherri18 May BC (son's wedding)
summerw early May ??
maa May 1-5 BC (last Expedition Everest Challenge)
ready2vacation May 1-9 BC CL
busymommy2pink May 5-16 2015 YC
Vaninou May 13-23 2015 BC CL Deluxe
Mom2m&k May 15-20 YC
msmama May 15-23 BC CL (Star Wars Weekend)
HockeymomR May 16-21 BC Deluxe
lillyshula May 16-21 YC GV
disneydee6 May 16-22 YC CL
Adlergray May 20-24 BC CL (then Poly 5/24-27)
sunnysideup3 May 20-25 BC CL
dkfajr1 May 21-25 YC
EeyoreFan5 May 23-31 YC GV
robinbutterfly May 25-30 BC
MickeyEars May 25-June 3 YC
dismomtfj May 27-June 4 YC
cluelyss May 29-June 1 YC
TDluvsDaisy May 30-June 13 BCV (8 nights studio, 6 nights 1 BR)

June :cool2:

kgoodb00 June BC
OnSpaceshipEarth June BC
JCTurner June YC 15 nights
TIME2DISNEY June ??
HawgPharm June BC?
39Cinderella June BC or BCV?
Sandy321 June BCV
natebenma June 9-13, All Star Movies, 8th grade Class Trip

TeacherDL early June BC
Monykalyn June 4-7 BC (after CBR, Star Wars Weekend)
AliceIn June 6-7 YC (after CR)
sallytigger June 6-13 BC
ichabody June 6-18 BC CL
em36 June 10-17 YC CL LV
mikec442 June 13-21 YC
4Spen June 16-23 BC (DD 10th BD)
Susiec June 16-26 YC GV (DH 50th BD, new career celebration)
izzylovesmickey June 17-23 BC (then WL, DD 21st BD, DS 19 BD)
dandydad12 June 20-July 5 BC
Tallent June 23-26 BC (after AKL)
disny_luvr June 27-30 BC (before Poly)

July :beach:

Loch Lomond July BC
IHRTWDW July 6-20 BC
Ferrentinos July 7-14 BC (after Poly CL)
vyrg July 9-20 YC
Ferrentinos July 11-14 YC (after cruise)
izzylovesmickey July 17-23 BC CL
rickenmartin78 July 18-25 YC (15th Anniversary)
abk96 July 24-Aug 1 BC (DD HS graduation, DD 8th BD celebrations)
daneenm July 27-Aug 1 YC CL (before Disney cruise, DD HS grad, DS MS grad)
JSagitas July 28-Aug 4 BC
njmom76 July 29-Aug 11 BC

Aug :sunny:

OurLaughingPlace Aug BC (2 nights, before POR)
mm1971 late Aug YC
DisneyFreak06 changed vacations

MrsB76 Aug 7-21 BC GV
Princess Michelle Aug 11-22 BC
PrincessHannahsmum Aug 12-26 YC GV (2 weeks, DD 11BD)
debbiebee Aug 13-27 which resort? (DH 40th BD)
MagicalMerida Aug 14-28, 2015 YC
splashmt Aug 15-19 BC (after GF 8/11-15)
wdwlver Aug 15-23 BCV
mhconley Aug 16-19 YC (then Poly 8/19-22)
Disneylover99 Aug 16-20 BC
tarak Aug 16-23 BC
darrenf67 Aug 17-26 BC (from Australia)
mandysmom Aug 17-27 BC
ScottMC and JNPants Aug 19-24 BC (after CR 8/14-8/19)
stitch7977 Aug 19-26 BC
jakeybake Aug 20-27 BC GV (8/19 Poly)
2bPooh Aug 20-29 BC CL
WDW4us2006 Aug 21-26 BC (25th Anniversary)
Madame Aug 21-28 BC
Sunshine11 Aug 21-29 YC
goofy78 Aug 22-27 BC (then Dark Side)
minniemomRN Aug 22-30 BC
kayakstef Aug 22-Sept 1 YC
mcd2745 Aug 25-?? BC
annabug Aug 26-Sept 2 BC
kcpinwdw Aug 28-Sept 1 BC (part of split stay)
tink228 Aug 28-Sept 5 YC
klbrow11 Aug 29-Sept 5 BC
rramsr Aug 29-Sept 6
floridagirl61 Aug 30-Sept 2 BC (30th Anniversary)
mi*vida*loca Aug 31-Sept 5 BC (after split with poly 8/27-8/31)

Sept:teacher:

sunfun94 Sept BC
cantwaitvaca09 Sept BC CL
Mewissy Sept BC
MamaToDavis Sept BC CL
tony609 Sept BC GV

cristen72 Sept 2-6 BC (20th Anniversary- no kids)
Rags Labor Day Weekend
rev02a Sept 4-12 BCV
tbhh1234 Sept 5-12 BCV
To the honeypots Sept 5-12 BC
drgnfly30 Sept 6-12 YC
nadira36 Sept 11-25 BC CL
mcurrence Sept 12-14 BC GV (before Dream cruise, MNSSHP)
E&As Mom Sept 12-20 YC
jsbgeo Sept 12-20 BC (5th Anniversary)
DisneyFanJenn Sept 13-21 BC
Pooh's-Honey-Pot, disgirl83, dznyacct Sept 18-25 BCV
nat8199 Sept 19-26? YC GV
Christine9125 Sept 19-25 2015 BC CL (BF's first trip)
monica9 Sept 19-26 BC SV (11th anniversary)
mkillian21 Sept 20-27 BC
mymankeith Sept 22-28 BCV
vettegirl Sept 23-29 YC
KatrinfromGermany Sept 25-Oct 2 BC or Not BC- That is the Question
maryandtyson Sept 26-Oct 3 BC

October :hmghost:

MEK Oct 2015 BCV (3 night following cruise)
Jacqui Oct 2015 BC (50th BD)
goodeats Oct 2015 BC
1 Disney Fan Oct 2015 BC (maybe)
bath1960 Oct BC CL Deluxe

MikeRx Oct 3-10 (maybe) BC or BCV
AndiJL Oct 3-10 BC
shaz14 Oct 10-17 BC (14th Anniversary)
helenm29 Oct 12-23 (couples trip without the kids)
Lalabubbles Oct 15-27 BC GV (10 year anniversary, DD 9th BD)
Hopefully Oct 17-24 BCV 1BR (F&W)
mommyrosa2 Oct 18-24 BC CL (30th Anniversary)
WoodNymph Oct 21-26 BC GV
caseystigger Oct 22-27 BC CL (Girls Only!)
nikki7680 Oct 25-31 YC

Nov :cheer2:

mggeary early Nov BC
msteffen Nov 1-8 BC
btk2333 Nov 5-9 BCV (Wine & Dine Half Marathon)
RogueKnits Nov 5-9 BC (Wine & Dine Half Marathon)
FireflyFi Nov 11-16 BC GV
Sam33 Nov 11-18 YC
teekathepony Nov 11-21 BCV studio
Redsox15fan Nov 14-21 BC GV
kimmy85 Nov 14-21 BCV
ClareH37 Nov 30-Dec 10 BC LV

Dec :santa:

ready2vacation Dec 4-12 BC CL
cocoabean1 Dec 6-15 ?? BC CL WV
Katesdad Dec 11-17 BCV ("Seeing the Light")
focusondisney Dec 16-19 YC CL GV (after CR, celebrating Christmas and 60)
Zummi525 Dec 17-26 BCV
Dr Gunnie Dec 18-23 BC SV

sarahb74 2016 BC
HumblePie Jan 2016 BC (Big BD celebration)
louey May 2016 YC (Girls Trip)
sydneysmom June 2016

louey YC Family Vacation

Last edited Feb 15 page 157
Last edited Jan 27 page 186
we are staying YC 6/18/15-6/25/15 celebrating my birthday

Question 1 bedroom villa,
Hi,Can someone confirm if the one bedroom are really only for 4 guests.. We re 3 adults and two kids ( 9 and 10)... I read online that for DVC people 5 are allowed but own bedding..

Would Disney allow us to directly book with 5??

Question 1 bedroom villa,
Hi,Can someone confirm if the one bedroom are really only for 4 guests.. We re 3 adults and two kids ( 9 and 10)... I read online that for DVC people 5 are allowed but own bedding..

Would Disney allow us to directly book with 5??

The BCV 1BR will only take 4 people, since there are only beds for four - a king bed and a sofa sleeper in the living room. So Disney will not let you book it with five people. But I've been told that if you book the room as a DVC rental, then you can put five in the villa. You would have to bring your own bedding in order to do that.

The BCV 1BR will only take 4 people, since there are only beds for four - a king bed and a sofa sleeper in the living room. So Disney will not let you book it with five people. But I've been told that if you book the room as a DVC rental, then you can put five in the villa. You would have to bring your own bedding in order to do that.

I have booked it with DVC points for my family of 5 and I did have an air mattress shipped down via Amazon. We stuck the air mattress under the breakfast bar or next to the bed in the bedroom during the day. We were told we would need our own bedding or that we could pay for sheets and blankets. I think we were charged $5 or some very small amount for the extra sheets and blankets. It worked very nicely for us.

From Southwest:

"On May 14, 2015, we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2016. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)"

Anyone wanting to book for the next extension will want to check early in the morning on May 14 {or whatever the next date will be} for availability, as this next extension will include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. That will include me!
Thanks for this!!!

From Southwest:

Anyone wanting to book for the next extension will want to check early in the morning on May 14 {or whatever the next date will be} for availability, as this next extension will include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. That will include me!

Thank you so much for posting this info. This is exactly what I needed to know. I love how we all help each other out on this thread. If relevant to your Southwest Airline needs be sure to put that date on your calender.

Please keep in mind that if your question isn't answered to try and ask it again. Chances are we might not know the answer and that's why no one replied, also if you ask again some one might come along and know the answer then. ::yes::

Also I'd like to welcome all the new people posting to the thread. :wave2: When Dee comes back from her vacation she will add you to the Be Our Guest thread. This is a good way to connect up with other folks who might be staying the same time as you are. :thumbsup2

~NM

Thank you so much for posting this info. This is exactly what I needed to know. I love how we all help each other out on this thread. If relevant to your Southwest Airline needs be sure to put that date on your calender.

Please keep in mind that if your question isn't answered to try and ask it again. Chances are we might not know the answer and that's why no one replied, also if you ask again some one might come along and know the answer then. ::yes::

Also I'd like to welcome all the new people posting to the thread. :wave2: When Dee comes back from her vacation she will add you to the Be Our Guest thread. This is a good way to connect up with other folks who might be staying the same time as you are. :thumbsup2

~NM

Thanks, NM, for doing such a great job of keeping an eye on things, here, in Dee's absence.

Thanks, NM, for doing such a great job of keeping an eye on things, here, in Dee's absence.

Seconding this. Thank you, NM!

I booked my flights this morning. A bit more than I was hoping for, but I didn't want to fly out at the crack of dawn. Twice, we had to get up at five to fly out and it was just miserable. I suppose it's silly to pay the equivalent of another night's lodging so we can leave in the afternoon, but I'd rather sleep in and not have to badger my kids to move faster.

I need to buy a case of bottled water when I arrive at Yacht Club. I know I can use Garden Grocer, but I was wondering if you can buy a case of bottled water at the gift shop? If so, about how much? THANKS!

I need to buy a case of bottled water when I arrive at Yacht Club. I know I can use Garden Grocer, but I was wondering if you can buy a case of bottled water at the gift shop? If so, about how much? THANKS!
They do sell Dasani bottled water by the case at the YC gift shop but I can't remember what it costs. But I do know that it was the same price in all the resort shops.

They do sell Dasani bottled water by the case at the YC gift shop but I can't remember what it costs. But I do know that it was the same price in all the resort shops.

I am looking at the DVC order form for Animal Kingdom Lodge and it says a 24-pack of 12-ounce Dasani Water bottles is $16.00. So if, as Wood Nymph says, it is the same at all resort shops, that's what the price should be.

Seconding this. Thank you, NM!

I booked my flights this morning. A bit more than I was hoping for, but I didn't want to fly out at the crack of dawn. Twice, we had to get up at five to fly out and it was just miserable. I suppose it's silly to pay the equivalent of another night's lodging so we can leave in the afternoon, but I'd rather sleep in and not have to badger my kids to move faster.

This is why I am so fond of pool noodles. In my never ending quest to find 1001 uses for pool noodles I have discovered that they are perfect for dealing with stragglers and other uncooperative types. I have my family trained to the point where when the whining begins I start bellowing "BRING ME THE POOL NOODLE!!!" Things get really quiet and the offender gets that far away look in their eyes signaling that they are having a pool noodle beat down flash back. Some days when I sense that the mood is going to turn sour I just take a long leisurely lap around the house packing a pool noodle. That's usually enough to recalibrate the mood or prevent the perpetrator from committing further felonies.

Part of the problem of having older children is that they are faster than you, but no matter how fast they are they have yet to be able to out run one of my pool noodles tossed as a javelin. Usually I aim for their hair, which, since I have boys, they spend minutes on. If it's a cold, dry day, with the right shot you can introduce static cling to their crew cuts. Then I can spend the rest of the day tossing socks at their heads trying to get them to stick. My record is six socks on one head when one frequent offender fell asleep on the sofa. When he finally woke up he looked like a Rastafarian or a Sock-a-farian as we christened him. A couple of quick pictures with a threat to post on social media and you'll find that your teens are behaving in no time! All that due to the miracle that I call pool noodles!

So Tara, take a page from my book! The next time you are having a hard time with your herd start talking about what a wonderful behavioral modification tool pool noodles are. Yeah sure, you'll get some funny looks from the kids, but as soon as they see you packing a pair they will know something is up and think twice about misbehaving.

~NM

I am wracking my braing to remember the cost. I will say that it was less than buying 24 individual bottles but certainly wasn't the $5 I'd pay in home home grocery store - maybe in the $20 range? I remember my DH not being that phased by the price and he isn't keen on spending too much money on things. GG is definitely not the way to go if all you need is water. I did have a case shipped from Staples one time. I think just grabbing it at the resort gift shop is the way we'll go from now on if we aren't staying DVC and getting other groceries. Not too helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter