2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 165-166

Which resort has the higher rates? I haven't noticed that and I don't really know the reason why that would be.

:confused:
It was consistently BC with higher rates for Garden View rooms. I wasn't looking for other room types, so I don't know if there was variance there, as well.

Rates during May, weekdays.

Yacht Club

• room-yc-00.jpg

Garden View

2 Queen Beds or 2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 Day Bed or 1 King Bed

Sleeps up to 5 Adults

Standard Room Rate

Standard Room Rate $424.00 USD
    Avg/Night Excl Tax

Garden View

2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 Day Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed or 1 King Bed

Sleeps up to 5 Adults

Standard Room Rate

Standard Room Rate $460.00 USD
      Avg/Night Excl Tax

Last edited:
Club Level is one of those things that is worth it for some, but pointless for others. The rooms are the same as the rest of the resort, so no benefit there. For us we like the benefits of the food and beverages, and the booking of our dining reservations (although that was before we could book on the computer). For the benefits of food and drink, the more people in your family the more you will save. Since you pay one price for the CL room, you will save more if 3 or 4 people are using CL for breakfast, instead of just 1 or 2. We've never done the Dining Plan, but I think the dining plan plus CL would be too much food.

CL is not a replacement for lunch or dinner, but it does offer a reasonable breakfast, so we use it for breakfast most days. We really like that when there are 3 of us travelling we can each wake and get ready at our own speed and get our breakfast at our own speed and just head out to a park when we are done. After coming back from the park it is really nice to stop in at the CL lounge and get a drink and snack. While they do put out some substantial appetizers at dinner time, we have never used CL as a substitute for supper.

For us, CL with three people is worth it, but when it is just my husband and I traveling, I don't think CL is worth the price.

Ok thanks for the explanation I knew it had food like snacks not to replace eating out and yes it would be too much food to do both CL and DP. Since we do dining plan we enjoy sit down dinners and I am not a breakfast eater it doesn't make sense for us to do CL. I like to get out early early and only have coffee I was just always wondering if we were missing out.
Thanks so much for the great info!!! :thumbsup2

Any info as to whether the Stormalong Bay maintenance is on schedule?
It is supposed to be completed by March 3.
Thanks!
Deb

I called and spoke to a nice young man (a lifeguard) at The Y and B marina; he told me it is expected to be completed on time, but not guaranteed, as work being done is by a third party.

We are arriving on the 5th of March and since this is a resort vacation , the pool is very important to us.
May take a chance, or move to BW.
Deb

I came across this board a month ago and it's provided so much terrific information! I thought I should probably stop lurking, create an account and say hello. :wave:The family and I are planning a split stay -- 3 nights at an AoA suite and then 4/26 - 4/29 we'll be staying in a deluxe room at the Beach Club! I'm so excited as we're in a deep-freeze here in northern Vermont!

It's not much warmer here in Ohio!!! Welcome! This forum has been a wonderful source of information! Only 104 days to go until I get a massive stomach ache from a Kitchen Sink! Oh, and here is a shameless plug for our Tokyo Disney Resort trip report: JUST UPDATED AND ADDED DAY 3!!! The link is below in my signature! Enjoy :)

Just booked a Beach Club garden view room through Expedia UK for $247/night all taxes included, so excited for our first deluxe stay. My trip keeps evolving. We are coming down for spring break and at first we were only going to head to the gulf for a few days, then maybe Sea World/Busch Gardens, no plans for Disney until we went and saw Frozen on Ice and the girls and I got Disney fever. Next we were just going to use my points to do a split stay at both of the Radisson's in Orlando and stay offsite :rolleyes:, but when I checked our dates on Expedia UK and saw that we could stay deluxe for our first 4 nights, I went ahead and booked it. We are still going to stay 2 nights at the Radisson Lake Buena Vista for free, so it will only be one day of driving to the parks since we are heading out early our last day towards Clearwater Beach for a free night stay at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. So seven hotel nights in all for $1028 is pretty good, so I justified it that way :D.

We are driving straight through from NW Indiana, all girls, my mom, myself and my 3 girls. My oldest is in college and hasn't been on vacation with us for several years, so it's going to be nice that we are all going. She is drinking age, so she is ready for a beer in Germany. It's going to be awesome being so close to Epcot:rotfl:. Of course she grew up during the Harry Potter years, so the two of us are also heading to Universal for one day and my mom will stay with my younger girls.

So here are a few pictures from my Ale & Compass post (August 2014). Unfortunately, I can't tell if the croissants on the bottom left are chocolate, but when I zoom in on my original picture, it sure looks like chocolate stripes to me.

I am optimistic that between the Ale & Compass and the Beach Club Marketplace, you will be able to maintain your tradition (worse case scenario, as others have suggested, is a trip to the Boardwalk Bakery)

Thanks. Knowing they have them at the Boardwalk Bakery is all I need. I actually love early morning walks. My hubby and kids sleep later so I always bring breakfast back to the room.

They had the chocolate croissants every morning at the Beach Club Marketplace when we went last May. I didn't check the Ale & Compass.

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS! Glad you decided to join us.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for April.

Thanks for the warm welcome! And congratulations on the extra magic on your trip with your mom! What an awesome experience!

It's not much warmer here in Ohio!!! Welcome! This forum has been a wonderful source of information! Only 104 days to go until I get a massive stomach ache from a Kitchen Sink! Oh, and here is a shameless plug for our Tokyo Disney Resort trip report: JUST UPDATED AND ADDED DAY 3!!! The link is below in my signature! Enjoy :)

Thanks! All the planning and especially the pictures help! And speaking of pictures, your Tokyo Disney report looks great! (Those little green aliens sure look tasty!)

I was wondering if someone could post the recipe for the sunken treasure. I was telling a friend about it, but I cou not remember the recipe. Thanks in advance!

I booked room only a year out...to make sure I got the room and resort I wanted. Then when packages came out, I updated. Also, when the 30% off deals came out I updated as well. All along, I kept the same room and it was very easy.

I've decided ok I'm going to make the room only reservation, so I call the systems were down. No problem I called back last night, the guy tells me I should wait till packages come out :confused3 I said I know I can make a room only reservation, and he was like packages are booking through December 2015 right now and I should wait. Soooooo what the heck, I want to be sure I get the Yacht Club, he was such a DUD :eek::eek: I guess I will call back. At that point I didn't like him and wanted to just get off the phone o_O I know its not a big deal I will call again, but I have to say I was a little taken back, I've never had that happen.

I've decided ok I'm going to make the room only reservation, so I call the systems were down. No problem I called back last night, the guy tells me I should wait till packages come out :confused3 I said I know I can make a room only reservation, and he was like packages are booking through December 2015 right now and I should wait. Soooooo what the heck, I want to be sure I get the Yacht Club, he was such a DUD :eek::eek: I guess I will call back. At that point I didn't like him and wanted to just get off the phone o_O I know its not a big deal I will call again, but I have to say I was a little taken back, I've never had that happen.

That's not great-very strange. Hoping you have better luck when you try next

I totally agree!

They have delicious chocolate croissants, as well as other very tasty baked treats, salads, sandwiches, entrees, etc., which helps make the short walk from the BC an even more pleasant journey. I believe they are open from 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. on most days.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/boardwalk-bakery/menus/breakfast/
Is the Boarwalk en route from the beach club to epcot or is it a diversion? Just thinking about the logistics of picking up breakfast from there and going in to parks. Thx

A diversion but not a long one. 5 -10 mins depending on your walking speed. I like to be at International Gateway by 8:30AM for RD.

Is the Boarwalk en route from the beach club to epcot or is it a diversion? Just thinking about the logistics of picking up breakfast from there and going in to parks. Thx

As you are walking toward International Gateway of EPCOT and come to the "fork in the road," make a right turn and cross the bridge to the BoardWalk; EPCOT would be bearing left. It's only about a 5-7 minute walk from the BC. The BoardWalk Bakery is not too far down, after crossing the bridge.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/map/#/id=boardwalk-bakery/

We've been frequent visitors to Disney, and now with a son in tow, we're going less frequently and trending toward 1BR villas. GF and YC are our favorites, and the Poly is the only deluxe we have not stayed at. Our last trip we split our stay between Boardwalk and Wilderness villas. We liked both, but want to try something new. Could not get a villa at GF or BLT, and not as interested in OKW or SSR, and want to save Poly for the rehab to be finished. AKL is a little too remote for us for this trip.

So we currently have a ressie at BCV 1BR for mid April. We have a few concerns though:

While we don't have particular problems with the décor and theming at BCV, but after watching the podcast, we're a little bit concerned about the condition of the rooms on the BCV side. From the pics, the furniture looked a little worn, and one of the side tables looked like it was a little beat up from water stains. But is it really as worn out as they indicated? With our son and a friend of his coming with us we don't anticipate a lot of room time. But we've also come to expect a certain standard not only at WDW, but also hotels in general, especially when we're paying rack rate -- we're not going down the points rental road. . .

Guest relations confirmed there will be a hard goods rehab expected to start mid March, so that will be ongoing. If anyone has more info, could they share please. It doesn't sound like the extensive rehabbing like the BC standard rooms. but is that needed???

Are there really any views from the BCVs? We haven't stayed at BC in many years and I can't recall a lot of the layout. Seems like they are tucked into the woods so it's either a canal/parking view or woods view.

We love the location, and think the kids will love Stormalong Bay, so we're still leaning toward BCV. But I know we can get a discounted 1BR villa over at Boardwalk that's quite a bit cheaper.

Any thoughts, and in particular comments about the BCV room conditions? Are the beds/mattresses in good shape despite the furniture being a little beat up? I know some here have said things are a little worn, but so worn that you would never go back until it is rehabbed?

Last edited:
We've been frequent visitors to Disney, and now with a son in tow, we're going less frequently and trending toward 1BR villas. GF and YC are our favorites, and the Poly is the only deluxe we have not stayed at. Our last trip we split our stay between Boardwalk and Wilderness villas. We liked both, but want to try something new. Could not get a villa at GF or BLT, and not as interested in OKW or SSR, and want to save Poly for the rehab to be finished. AKL is a little too remote for us for this trip.

So we currently have a ressie at BCV 1BR for mid April. We have a few concerns though:

While we don't have particular problems with the décor and theming at BCV, but after watching the podcast, we're a little bit concerned about the condition of the rooms on the BCV side. From the pics, the furniture looked a little worn, and one of the side tables looked like it was a little beat up from water stains. But is it really as worn out as they indicated? With our son and a friend of his coming with us we don't anticipate a lot of room time. But we've also come to expect a certain standard not only at WDW, but also hotels in general, especially when we're paying rack rate -- we're not going down the points rental road. . .

Guest relations confirmed there will be a hard goods rehab expected to start mid March, so that will be ongoing. If anyone has more info, could they share please. It doesn't sound like the extensive rehabbing like the BC standard rooms. but is that needed???

Are there really any views from the BCVs? We haven't stayed at BC in many years and I can't recall a lot of the layout. Seems like they are tucked into the woods so it's either a canal/parking view or woods view.

We love the location, and think the kids will love Stormalong Bay, so we're still leaning toward BCV. But I know we can get a discounted 1BR villa over at Boardwalk that's quite a bit cheaper.

Any thoughts, and in particular comments about the BCV room conditions? I know some here have said things are a little worn, but so worn that you would never go back until it is rehabbed?

The BCV's are a little worn, and the rehab is necessary. You would have to decide if the advantages would make it worth it.It will be a hard goods refurb with new furniture, tile, etc. Here is a picture and the discussion thread from the DVC resort forum:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-villas-refurb-renderings.3358946/

There aren't any views from the villas except for woods, quiet pool, canal and parking lot.

The location is great, imo. Epcot is very close. The BC Marketplace is very close, too, and has a limited counter service that the BWVs doesn't have. You can't beat SAB. And the quiet pool is nice, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter