2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 162-164

Hi Everyone!
Just curious, do all of the rooms at BC have ceiling fans? I noticed them in the pics of the refurbished rooms. Wondering if they will all have them :)
I'm the only one in my family that loves, loves, loves them! LOL

Bumping this!!!

I can't remember.

:)

Staying Feb 1-6. Pool or Lagoon view. My Vacation starts in 21 days. Not at Beach Club for 23 days.

I'll update the list.

:thumbsup2

I am *thinking* (most likely) of booking the 'magical' deal that's out there for a couple of nights at the Beach Club (before our 2 week free dining stay at a moderate resort). We stayed at BC once before and LOVED it ... this deal seems too good to be true, but has positive feedback. I am hoping to add CL (as a surprise to my family) to our reservation. How do I do that? The deal I have is for a standard room. If for some reason I can't, is it ok to ask once we arrive? Do they sometime have CL rooms available for extra $ at check in (late August?) Thank you for your advice:-)

:welcome: back!!!

Let us know if you book.

I'll be interested to hear if there is some flexibility to this offer. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask if you can pay for a upgrade when you are checking in, but from what I have heard about this particular offer, upgrades- paid or otherwise- are unlikely.

:guilty:

Officially booked today!! :banana::banana::banana:

:woohoo:

I have you on the list for May.

Finally booked our July trip. We'll be at BC 7/24-8/1 and celebrating oldest dd HS graduation and youngest dd 8th grade graduation. Can't wait. ��

:welcome: back.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest.

That's a couple of great celebrations.

:cool1:

Please DO post if you were able to book a CL room. I booked through Magical Vacations, 5 nights Beach Club and could only get Standard View room. (no CL in any view).

thanks!!!!

:welcome: to this forum.

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page 1? August?

:goodvibes

Thanks Natebenma! It's exciting and sad all at the same time since oldest dd will be off to college shortly after this trip.

Thanks Natebenma! It's exciting and sad all at the same time since oldest dd will be off to college shortly after this trip.

I feel your pain to some extent! My oldest son will be a HS senior next year. He is just starting to be a fun person again and I am already starting to miss him.

:rotfl2:

page 162-164

Bumping this!!!

I can't remember.

I'll update the list.

:welcome: back!!!

Let us know if you book.

I'll be interested to hear if there is some flexibility to this offer. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask if you can pay for a upgrade when you are checking in, but from what I have heard about this particular offer, upgrades- paid or otherwise- are unlikely.

:guilty:

:woohoo:

I have you on the list for May.

:welcome: back.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest.

That's a couple of great celebrations.

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page 1? August?

Sure- Thanks - we will be there as a split stay (GF- August 11-15) BC- Aug 15-19th.

:offtopic: Does anyone know when the ticket prices go up?

I know they go up certain times during the year, but not sure what month this usually happens.

:cool1::confused3:rolleyes1

:offtopic: Does anyone know when the ticket prices go up?

I know they go up certain times during the year, but not sure what month this usually happens.

:cool1::confused3:rolleyes1

I know, I know!!! Pick Meeeee.....

The simple fact of the matter is that NO ONE knows when ticket prices will go up. And lately, Disney has not been holding to traditional ticket price increase "seasons" or times.

What is a Mouseketeer to do? Well you can subscribe to the Mouse savers newsletter. They sometimes get wind a day or two ahead of time that a ticket price increase will be happening and then they send out a "WHOOP, WHOOP, RED ALERT, RED ALERT warning for you to get your ticket orders in to what ever ticket retailer you prefer. Sometimes certain ticket retailers will hold over their existing lower priced ticket inventory until they sell them out at the previous prices, sometimes not... it just depends on the ticket retailer.

So google Mouse savers sign up for the newsletter and stay tuned to an in box near you.

This is pretty much the only way you get wind of ticket price increases ahead of the actual price jump.

~NM

I know, I know!!! Pick Meeeee..... The simple fact of the matter is that NO ONE knows when ticket prices will go up. And lately, Disney has not been holding to traditional ticket price increase "seasons" or times. What is a Mouseketeer to do? Well you can subscribe to the Mouse savers newsletter. They sometimes get wind a day or two ahead of time that a ticket price increase will be happening and then they send out a "WHOOP, WHOOP, RED ALERT, RED ALERT warning for you to get your ticket orders in to what ever ticket retailer you prefer. Sometimes certain ticket retailers will hold over their existing lower priced ticket inventory until they sell them out at the previous prices, sometimes not... it just depends on the ticket retailer. So google Mouse savers sign up for the newsletter and stay tuned to an in box near you. This is pretty much the only way you get wind of ticket price increases ahead of the actual price jump. ~NM
As a follow up, they raised them in February last year; in years prior it had been in the summer months, so if you are in need if tickets, you may want to consider buying them soon.

We've booked on that deal last August and we could book standard view CL room. The standard refers to room view. I'd email your TA and ask if there's still CL availability.

Unfortunately I've been told that the 'magical deal' for the Beach Club does not have any CL room packages available this year (yet). The TA said that they had them last year but haven't gotten any standard BC CL packages for August. I checked for Yacht Club too with no luck. Do you think that I *might* be able to add on CL when we get there? I just wonder the chances of there being CL available. Oh well, I guess it can't hurt to ask. Not looking for free upgrade - more than willing to pay (but don't want to give up the 'magical deal' room only price). Thank you!

Do you think that I *might* be able to add on CL when we get there? I just wonder the chances of there being CL available. Oh well, I guess it can't hurt to ask. Not looking for free upgrade - more than willing to pay (but don't want to give up the 'magical deal' room only price). Thank you!

Just so you know, if CL is available when you check in, you will most likely have to pay rack rate for it, unless you get some pixie dust and they give you a free upgrade.

Hi there, what should I request room wise if I am in a Beach Club Villa studio but don't want a view of a roof/other dodgy view? thank you

Just so you know, if CL is available when you check in, you will most likely have to pay rack rate for it, unless you get some pixie dust and they give you a free upgrade.

Thank you for your reply. I am on a 'wait list' with the 'magical deal TA' in case they get some CL packages, so hopefully that will happen :goodvibes Do you know what CL extra cost (rack rate) per day would be?
Thank you for your help. Never stayed CL before but interested in looking into it since it's only for 2 nights and might be a nice treat :)

Here's where I am in my planning process:

I'm aiming for spring break 2016, so we have plenty of time to save up the funds to make this trip perfect. I am torn between a 5 night BC stay or doing a split stay that would consist of 3 nights at POR and 3 at BC, which works out to be about the same price.

Pros of the split stay:
-Able to stay an extra night/extra day in disney
-Could add deluxe DP for the first half, which would give us the best use of credits. Then pay OOP for the rest of the trip.
-Get to experience a new resort and all it has to offer.
-Could focus on MK/AK during POR stay, and Epcot/HS the second.
Cons:
-We'd have to switch rooms. DH does not want to do this.
-The "flow" of the single stay would be gone in terms of DDP, charges to MB, etc.

Pros of the BC only plan:
-We wouldn't have to change rooms.
-We'd be closest to Epcot, which is our fav.
-Um, it's the BEACH CLUB.
Cons:
-One less day/night.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

~Cari~ pluto:

Thank you for your reply. I am on a 'wait list' with the 'magical deal TA' in case they get some CL packages, so hopefully that will happen :goodvibes Do you know what CL extra cost (rack rate) per day would be?
Thank you for your help. Never stayed CL before but interested in looking into it since it's only for 2 nights and might be a nice treat :)

Just an FYI, "magical" bookings cannot be upgraded at check-in and that's the one thing our TA made very clear to us last year.

I'm aiming for spring break 2016, so we have plenty of time to save up the funds to make this trip perfect. I am torn between a 5 night BC stay or doing a split stay that would consist of 3 nights at POR and 3 at BC, which works out to be about the same price.

Pros of the split stay:
-Could add deluxe DP for the first half, which would give us the best use of credits. Then pay OOP for the rest of the trip.
Cons:
-The "flow" of the single stay would be gone in terms of DDP, charges to MB, etc.

Cons:
-One less day/night.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

~Cari~ pluto:

For me, if staying at Beach Club would mean fewer nights at Disney, I would pick POR every time. In fact, I would stay at POR the entire trip and bump it to 7 nights! Especially during a busy spring break week when you may not get as much done each day because of the crowds. I also like the idea of a seamless vacation now that there are fast passes & magic bands, etc....

Just an FYI, "magical" bookings cannot be upgraded at check-in and that's the one thing our TA made very clear to us last year.

Thank you very much for letting me know. I had no idea. I guess I will just make other plans (since the 'magical' booking to too good to pass up). I guess I'll just have to return to the BC another time to try CL :goodvibes I'm good with that :thumbsup2 Thank you.

Hi Everyone! Can someone tell me what the difference between "club level" and "club level access" is when booking a room? Thank you!

Pros of the split stay:
Cons:

Cons:
-One less day/night.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

~Cari~ pluto:

I'm looking at the same scenario, except for this November. We did 7 nights at CSR and 2 and YC this past November, and although my husband wasn't thrilled with the idea of switching resorts, even he admitted it wasn't a huge deal (just make sure you don't have stuff thrown all over the room the way we did lol). We sent our luggage over, enjoyed a leisurely morning, and made our way over to YC. I took the kids to the (fabulous) pool for the afternoon, and our stuff got there not long after we got back to the room. I kind of liked getting to check out two different resorts, too. I am more inclined to go with whatever scenario gives us more time there, so I'd go with the split. I think there are definite benifits to doing both POR and BC.

Sure- Thanks - we will be there as a split stay (GF- August 11-15) BC- Aug 15-19th.

Got it! Thanks!

Hi there, what should I request room wise if I am in a Beach Club Villa studio but don't want a view of a roof/other dodgy view? thank you ��

:welcome:

When is your trip? I don't think I have you on the Be Our Guest list.

I don't really know much about the villas so I will call in for my DVC experts for help on this one.

What view did you book? (You can book views for the villas, right???)

Anyone know- are there any rooftop views or really cruddy views from the villas?

Pros of the split stay:
Cons:

Cons:
-One less day/night.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

~Cari~ pluto:

Both scenarios you have presented sound fantastic so I can see how this would be a tough decision to make.

We never thought we would be able to enjoy a split stay, but we first took the plunge in July 2013 with 3 nights at "The Theme Park Which Must Not Be Name" and 4 nights at the BC.

It went really well.

We took the ultimate split stay plunge over the summer: 4 nights DL, 4 nights Oahu, 4 nights Maui and 1 night on the Big Island of Hawaii. It really was not an issue.

How do you tour the parks? My family always goes to the early morning EMH park, so if you are concentrating on AK/MK during a POR stay and EP/HS this strategy might not line up. But during spring break, there may be multiple parks open earlier than normal.

Do you usually go to one park during the day or do you hop? Beach Club is an awesome resort if you are hopping or even going to other resorts to dine because you can take Disney transportation back to EP or HS and spend time there before returning to your room.

If you will be dining in EPCOT a lot, or visiting a lot at night, BC can't be beat.

Are you going to be spending any time in DTD?

Hi Everyone! Can someone tell me what the difference between "club level" and "club level access" is when booking a room? Thank you!

:welcome:

Not really sure, except that since the Deluxe Concierge Rooms and 1 and 2 Bedroom Suites are on different floors than the club level lounge (5th floor), they would have "club level access" while not being on club level.

All of the regular club level rooms are on the 5th floor, and only club level rooms are on the 5th floor.

I think in very very very rare circumstances guests in a room on another floor could be given "club level access" without physically staying on the 5th floor.

Anyone else have any input on this?

Natebenma...just finished your Dis meet trip report...a very enjoyable read!

Thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you liked it.

I am thrilled that I was able to squeeze so much into a 2 day trip. It was truly a fantastic, memorable time spent at my favorite place with some amazing friends.

Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter