2013 Candlelight Processional Watch

I was just on the line with a Dining reservation Cast Member and asked about the packages. She said that she didn't have a date, but that they have to do a bit of training to familiarize themselves with the packages and they hadn't even received word about the training yet. So that doesn't tell us much but its not likely to be this week if that's the case. Just thought I would pass that on for what it's worth.:)

Very helpful, Pigletto, thank you! I'm at 189 days out currently, so hoping I'm at 180 before they release the packages. Looking at Dec 26 - 30. Has anyone seen Marlee Matlin before. Is she any good? I've seen NPH previously, and he was incredible!

Very helpful, Pigletto, thank you! I'm at 189 days out currently, so hoping I'm at 180 before they release the packages. Looking at Dec 26 - 30. Has anyone seen Marlee Matlin before. Is she any good? I've seen NPH previously, and he was incredible!

Yes, I saw her before at CP and thought she did an excellent job! I assume you have heard her speak before?

We are hoping to get the package for the second showing on Nov 30th so it will be mostly dark but not too late for our 6 year old. :)

We will be paying OOP and not on DP - does anyone know, will I pay when I make the reservation or the day we go?

We are hoping to get the package for the second showing on Nov 30th so it will be mostly dark but not too late for our 6 year old. :)

We will be paying OOP and not on DP - does anyone know, will I pay when I make the reservation or the day we go?

You pay at the restaurant. The CP is not pre-paid. :)

I read that when you buy the Candlelight package, you also get preferred viewing for Illuminations. Is this true? If so, how does it work?

How fast do the CP dinner packages book up? I have never been to WDW in the winter/christmas and I would so love to see the CP and have a great meal that day.
Do they open all dates at once like with the tomorrowland desert party or can you book at the 180 day mark?

Has anyone tried booking on line yet. The listing is there, but when I go in to make the actual reservation it will not let me pick a date.

How fast do the CP dinner packages book up? I have never been to WDW in the winter/christmas and I would so love to see the CP and have a great meal that day.
Do they open all dates at once like with the tomorrowland desert party or can you book at the 180 day mark?

I think for the more popular narrators, (Neil Patrick Harris for example) and the busier dates that the packages go quick. I would try to call the day they open.

I read that when you buy the Candlelight package, you also get preferred viewing for Illuminations. Is this true? If so, how does it work?
That's the way it has worked for at least the past few years.

The viewing area is between the two gift shops at the end of the walkway between Future World and the World Showcase. A part of that area will be roped off and your CP badge will get you in.

Is there a place I can look to see this years list of narrators and while I know I can't get the CP package yet has there been any notice as to what the date will be?
Thanks

Is there a place I can look to see this years list of narrators and while I know I can't get the CP package yet has there been any notice as to what the date will be?
Thanks

The narrator info hasn't been released yet. The dates are usually the day after thanksgiving until December 30.

What Carol said. But so you know, it is just a viewing area, there are no seats.

DH loves Disney! He just doesn't want us (and our little children) to be trampled in a crowd trying to get a seat to see Neil Patrick Harris. :laughing:

This made me giggle. I love NPH!

We're going and doing CP on the 15th hopefully the 6:45 show. My kids usually fall asleep one song in at the 8:00 show, so we're gonna try for a little earlier.

We do the package every year. Last year they released them on June 26th I think. I'd expect it to be soon, within the next week or so.

You have to make a separate reservation. You can't convert a regular ADR. It's not reserved seating, it's preferred. You still have to stand in line because all they do is just let that line in first before the other people that don't have a reservation. Once they let the preferred line in, they let the general seating line in. You still have to "fight" your way to get to the seats you want with everyone else that purchased a package. (Not really fight but you know what I mean).

And people start lining up about an hour before the line goes in. So for the 8:00 show, people start lining up around 6:45 to 7:00, sometimes sooner. I remember standing in line for the 8:00 show one year right after they let the 6:45 people in. Crazy.

The area is between those two big shopping kiosks completely on the other side of the lake. Very inconvenient IMO. If you see the 8:00 show you barely have time to make it over there by the time it starts.

So you still line up an hour before, even with the package? If you don't line up that early, you still get a seat with the package, though, right? As long as you are there before they let the standby line in? Even if it isn't the best seat, you do still get a seat?

So you still line up an hour before, even with the package? If you don't line up that early, you still get a seat with the package, though, right? As long as you are there before they let the standby line in? Even if it isn't the best seat, you do still get a seat?

We don't line up an hour ahead of time - usually about 30 minutes. But it probably depends on when you go. We go mid-week during the first week of December. They usually start letting people from the package line in about 15-20 minutes prior to show start. It wouldn't surprise me if people do line up an hour or more for the more popular narrators or for the Christmas and Christmas Eve shows. We've seen many different narrators and all of them have been wonderful.

Not sure there are any really bad seats - unless you get stuck behind some really tall people, LOL. For us, it's about the music and of course, the story. :)

There shouldn't be any problem getting a seat as long as you are there before the stand-by line is allowed in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter