2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to reading everything this thread offers! First trip and staying at the beach club in November!

:rotfl2: update: home from surgery, think it went well. Now if I can only get rid of this pounding headache :crazy2:

Enjoy POR! It's our fav moderate

Here's hoping a good nights rest got rid of your headache. Now take it easy and heal up for your trip!:flower3:

Looking forward to reading everything this thread offers! First trip and staying at the beach club in November!

May I be the first to welcome you to our thread and the DIS! :welcome:

Happy planning and join in the fun!

Anyone know when Art the Greeter retired? Just watched Lou Mongello's interview with him

Seems like an amazing person

Anyone know when Art the Greeter retired? Just watched Lou Mongello's interview with him

Seems like an amazing person

From the "way-back" machine" around page 40 of this thread- discussion about Art came up!

Just chiming in, but you work at BC? LOVE IT THERE. Was wondering if you know who was the greeter back in August 2008? That's when we stayed at BC and we don't remember if there was a greeter.

I was two days a week and Art was five days a week. I've been there since 2004. Art retired about 3 years ago.

Oh my goodness, BringingUpDisney! Your DD is adorable!

I keep reading and re-reading the room request suggestions, but still haven't made up my mind. We really want a daybed (despite being a family of 4) because my DS13 and DD12 do NOT want to share a bed. I can foresee all sorts of nuisance-y bickering if they end up having to share. But I also really want a full balcony, since this will be our first ever stay at BC. We paid for a WV room, and I don't have a preference regarding proximity to lobby, etc. As I mentioned previously, we have always stayed at AKL, so we are used to loooong walks from the lobby/pool/restaurants to our room. Anyone care to weigh in for me? popcorn::

My thoughts :scratchin

Would it be OK if you and DD slept together and DH and DS slept together for one night if a rollaway was not available until the next night yet the room was perfect otherwise? IDK if I would be willing to move rooms if all I was waiting on was a rollaway...and this is from a mom in a family of 5. :grouphug:

WRT magic bands (again): hope they are made from allergen free material...:sick:

pages 99-103

Awesome story!! I asked him if he wanted to go fishing, but he took a pass on that!!

~N

I hate it when they cast away our great ideas!

:)

We had a wonderful stay at BC. Shout out to Teena who told us we had a great room and she was right! It was nice to see a familiar face from the boards :goodvibes Housekeeping was amazing!! Cape May was delicious. and of those wonderful mugs!

So glad to hear about your great stay!!!

:thumbsup2

We've decided on dates!! May 8-17, 2014, all at YC :cool1:

Now if I could just hurry up and book, or I will keep changing my mind!!

Awesome!!!

I'll update the Be Our Guest list!

:cool1:

Hi, everyone! :wave2: May I join this thread?

We were originally booked at the CR for 9/14 through 9/24, but we've decided to add some beach days to our trip & change resorts.

Now, we'll be arriving in WDW on 9/18 (still through 9/24). We're currently trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin.

My main concerns w/ the Beach Club are as follows:

1. We'll book a gardenview room, so I'm worried our room will be far away from everything,

2. We may or may not have a full balcony,

3. The lack of a true quick-service, and

4. The bus to & from the MK

How about long is the bus to the MK in the mornings (for MK rope drop)? Previously, we've always stayed at the CR, the WL, or FW. The bus stations at MK after "Wishes" always look so jam-packed & crowded to me - it's been nice to just walk straight out of the MK to the WL/FW boat dock.

Also, you can get your refillable mugs filled at the Marketplace, right? Are there some rooms that are more convenient to the Marketplace?

I'm concerned about the location of our room because our 2 older kids are old enough to go to the quick-service by themselves (to get a snack or drink), but I'd rather our room be close, if that makes sense.

We're a family of 5. I would like a full balcony w/ a room w/ a nice view that's not terribly far away from everything.

What kind of room requests will I need to make?

Thanks so much!

While I'm a little sad that our WDW trip is going from 10 days to 7 days, I'm also excited about the possibility of staying at the Beach Club. I've always wanted to stay at an EPCOT resort.

I also think, if we do decide on the Beach Club, I'm going to switch our Chef Mickey's breakfast to the Cape May breakfast - we've never done the Cape May character breakfast, so that'll be something new for us.

:welcome:

Try it, you'll like it!!!

Please let us know if you book and I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Here is my input on your concerns.

1. and 2. If you book, add the following request to your reservation

"Full balcony, please. Close to lobby if possible" Or you could request a first floor room, which would have a patio. Since you are a family of 5 (all over age 3???), then your family has priority for a room with a daybed.

3. No quick service is probably the biggest drawback of this resort (although some people really like that there is no food court). But would it kill 'em to add Mickey Waffles to the breakfast menu???

There is a lot of info about breakfast and other quick service food options at the resort and very close by in the Dining Post on Page 1 of this thread.

4. Our two trips have been in July- never had an issue with the buses. I think we have only shared with YC at that time of year. I think we have only taken the bus back from the MK once, we usually take the monorail (it is TOO a ride!) and hop back through EPCOT to return to the resort. Not an option after Wishes, though, unless it is an EMH evening at EPCOT.

Finally- LOVE the Cape May breakfast!!! The characters are ADORABLE in beach attire. And the interaction is much more personal than you get at Chef Mickeys.

Hi everyone! Any suggestions for a pizza place(take out or delivery) close to BC. (On boardwalk/Epcot or the typical other places like dominoes.

Thanks!

Thank you to ParrotBill who suggested some pizza places.

On the front page of this thread, Dining Info, I have a listing of a few places either recommended by the front desk at the resort if you ask, or from threads here on the DIS.

Hey, if anyone knows if Via Napoli does offer takeout, let me know and I will add that info.

Pay particular note about NOT ordering from any pizza place who puts a flyer under your door!!!

Pizza Options at the Yacht & Beach Club:

1) Flatbreads are available in the Beach Club Marketplace which is open from 11 am until 11 pm. See photo above for picture of the flatbread.

2) The Yacht Club and Beach Club In-room Dining Service will deliver pizza to your room.

In Room Dining Menu Link- from allears website: In Room Dining Menu

If you are on the dining plan, you may redeem 2 Adult Table Service Credits for 1 Pizza Entrée, 2 Single Serve Non-alcoholic Drinks and 2 Desserts. According to the dining plan brochure, gratuity is included.

IMHO, this is a relatively expensive way to satisfy your pizza craving!

3) The Boardwalk Pizza Take Out Window is a short walk or boat ride away Boardwalk Pizza Take Out Menu

4) Local pizza restaurants will deliver to the resort.

You will need to meet the delivery person in the lobby to pay for and pick up the food.

Here is a thread with pizza delivery information: Pizza Delivery at Disney World

I have personally never ordered from any of the places listed, but these were a few area pizza restaurants recommended by posters on the thread:

Giordanos: (407) 397 0044

Westgate Pizza Hut: (866) 438-2507

Papa Johns: (352) 243-1800

Flipper's Pizza: (407) 938-9633

Under NO circumstances should you order from any place that slips flyers under the door of your resort room (at Disney or elsewhere).
This is a common scam where you are asked to provide your credit card number and you may be charged much more than you authorize.

And you may not get your pizza!!!

Thank you to Pirate who suggested some pizza places.

On the front page of this thread, Dining Info, I have a listing of a few places either recommended by the front desk at the resort if you ask, or from threads here on the DIS.

Hey, if anyone knows if Via Napoli does offer takeout, let me know and I will add that info.

Pay particular note about NOT ordering from any pizza place who puts a flyer under your door!!!

Pizza Options at the Yacht & Beach Club:

1) Flatbreads are available in the Beach Club Marketplace which is open from 11 am until 11 pm. See photo above for picture of the flatbread.

2) The Yacht Club and Beach Club In-room Dining Service will deliver pizza to your room.

If you are on the dining plan, you may redeem 2 Adult Table Service Credits for 1 Pizza Entrée, 2 Single Serve Non-alcoholic Drinks and 2 Desserts. According to the dining plan brochure, gratuity is included.

3) The Boardwalk Pizza Take Out Window is a short walk or boat ride away Boardwalk Pizza Take Out Menu

4) Local pizza restaurants will deliver to the resort.

You will need to meet the delivery person in the lobby to pay for and pick up the food.

Here is a thread with pizza delivery information: Pizza Delivery at Disney World

I have personally never ordered from any of the places listed, but these were a few area pizza restaurants recommended by posters on the thread:

Giordanos: (407) 397 0044

Westgate Pizza Hut: (866) 438-2507

Papa Johns: (352) 243-1800

Flipper's Pizza: (407) 938-9633

Under NO circumstances should you order from any place that slips flyers under the door of your resort room (at Disney or elsewhere).
This is a common scam where you are asked to provide your credit card number and you may be charged much more than you authorize.

And you may not get your pizza!!!

Thanks Dee! I missed all that good info the first time!

There is a cake thread that has lots of great information about the options and lots of fun pictures. We ordered a custom cake for my daughter last year for her 2nd birthday celebration and will do it again this year!

Time passes on the board as quickly as it passes slowly for the next trip!
The cake we ordered above came from the Contemporary Bakery - we got it from Chef Brian and he was fantastic to work with to get exactly what we wanted! :)

What a sweet picture! Lovely cake. I had a cake made for my sister and her husband's anniversary last year. Chef Brian was great to work with. We had it sent to LTT where we had lunch reservations the day we arrived. Was very yummy. I think it cost around $50.

Caseystigger said:
What a sweet picture! Lovely cake. I had a cake made for my sister and her husband's anniversary last year. Chef Brian was great to work with. We had it sent to LTT where we had lunch reservations the day we arrived. Was very yummy. I think it cost around $50.

http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/elancour/media/photo-8.jpg.html

Gorgeous! You're giving me some ideas.

I think that's a good price. The bakeries around us are charging crazy prices now! It's like they've all been on Food Network or something.

Hello! We used to do the same thing! We (I really mean I) drive from NY to Fla. We would stay at a less expensive hotel, then the next morning check into the BC. We would stay at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa. It's by Downtown Disney. We're only 3 so I'm not sure of accommodations for 5. We found that checking in & checking out, packing & unpacking at the start of our vacation a little unsettling. Now we just drive to the BC & spend the day the first two days of our vacation napping & transitioning into vacation mode. DH said he wants to park, unpack once & start relaxing ASAP. I guess he has a point, sometimes. Lol. Have a great trip!

We have done this frequently and plan to again. (We will be getting into town later that evening and I would rather stay offsite than risk getting a bottom of the barrel room!). Anyway, we have stayed at a couple suite hotels along Palm Parkway (and Marbella Palm Court) and they have been just fine for the 5 of us - try the Homewood Suites, Residence Inn or Hawthorn Suites. They are close to Downtown Disney, grocery stores and a short trek on-property to check in the next morning.

PittPathFan - we've done the 17 hour - straight through- trip lots of times.

What we usually did was stay at the Buena Vista Palace in DTD (sleeps 5), have dinner at RFC in DTD, hit the beds early and then do a super early check in at BC and hit the parks at rope drop!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! As always, this thread distinguishes itself from all others for its friendliness and welcoming attitude. I'm off to google hotels, lowest price wins!

Meanwhile, there's a couple of pushy cicadas here that seem to think that because they have to wait 17 years between vacations that they can just tag along with us to WDW. I wouldn't mind so much but they make a lot of noise and look like they've been on quite a drinking binge with their bright red eyes! Yechh...

Dee -- you are totally right that using the dining plan for room service pizza is an expensive way to go, but this reminded me of a wonderful past experience:

We were staying at YC during October. We had gone to Cirque du Soleil at DTD, and our plans were to have dinner afterwards at a CS place there. Well, when we came out it was raining pretty heavily, and every place in DTD was suddenly wall-to-wall people. We figured we'd head back to YC and just eat at Captain's Grille -- but again, because of the weather, it was something like an hour wait. I had the *brilliant* idea to just go to our room and order room service, and to just pay OOP for one of our upcoming breakfasts instead.

It was one of the best things we ever did. The food was absolutely amazing -- really, really high quality entrees and desserts. We turned on the World Series on TV, enjoyed our special dinner, and DS crashed early. We always think of this experience as a highlight of that particular trip.

SO -- just a note that when all else fails, even though it's a pricier option than you might otherwise want to consider, this is a great trick to have up your sleeve if you ever need it.

:rotfl2: update: home from surgery, think it went well. Now if I can only get rid of this pounding headache :crazy2:

Good Morning! I hope you are feeling ok this morning and your headache is long gone and the pain isn't awful!

I hate it when they cast away our great ideas!:)

Me too!!

Couchy... I would love to share a meal... and since I have a TIW as well that would work!! Where are you staying?? I'll be at AKL CL for this trip. I arrive 10/30 - 11/4!

~Nannette

Meanwhile, there's a couple of pushy cicadas here that seem to think that because they have to wait 17 years between vacations that they can just tag along with us to WDW. I wouldn't mind so much but they make a lot of noise and look like they've bin on quite a drinking binge with their bright red eyes! Yechh...

That is hilarious!!!

Please do not tell the cicadas about this thread!

We are already buzzing with flies!

Rewarding myself for surviving 2 of 3 trips to the registry of motor vehicles by (trying to) catch up on this thread.

pages 104-107

It hit me last night that we're now in our window for online check-in if we choose to do it.

So...the inevitable question- should we or not?

We're staying YC SV...honestly we're not that picky...we've only requested a room change 2 or 3 times ever staying at (non-Disney) hotels...once when they gave us a king bed instead of the two doubles we requested (for me, DH and our 2 tween girls), and twice when the non-smoking room clearly wasn't...

I'm starting to wonder if we SHOULD be picky ;) since I hear so many people talking about all their requests, and which are most important....

Our flight gets in at noon, BTW...and we still haven't decided if we're taking ME, or something else (so I guess we're NOT done trip planning after all!!)

You know what? I say do the online checking. Usually I recommend waiting for checkin, especially for Beach Club guests who request a full balcony, but you sound like the perfect candidate for grab-and-go keys.

If there is anything that is important to you (daybed, lower/higher floor or close to lobby/transportation), then you can add it to your reservation now by contacting CRO or whomever made your reservation.

For the online checkin for YC, you will be given selections (I believe you can choose none, one or both): lower floor and near transportation

I think you will also be given a choice if you would prefer to take a room that is ready over your preferences.

:goodvibes

Add me to the Be Our Guest list again please! :) We will be there January 9, 2014 for 4 nights in a one-bedroom villa at BCV! :cloud9: We might come down before the Marathon and add a few days at the YC too. :)

:welcome: back!!!

So happy to be adding you again so soon.

:woohoo:

I know you gave me permission to link to your Illuminations Cruise review (THANKS!). I also have a section on page 1 for trip reports to YC/BC/BCV. May I link to your most recent and past reports with stays at these resorts?

I know you have had some issues on some of your trips, but our purpose here is to show it like it is!

We have our trip for August all set. We have stayed at the BW and BC in the past. We really like the location of everything, so we decided on YC this time in a garden view room. Are there any pros/cons to requesting a room close to the hotel lobby? TIA.

Being close to the lobby is a great location. The only thing you may want to specify is whether you want a lower or higher floor, if you care.

Do I have you on the Be Our Guest list? When is your trip?

Quick question for BC experts...can you get a microwave in your room if available? You could at the Poly once at the check in desk. Is it the same at the BC?

Yes, ask at the desk, but I think you request it from Housekeeping.

In other news I am all packed, the fish have been set up with the automatic feeder, the dog is at a friends and I tried to leave the boys where the dog was staying but my friend said they ate too much and wouldn't let them stay. :worried: It's up to God to water the flowers, my work is done.

The Ninja family will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside, but since we are Ninja's we'll be hard to spot. Look for the family at the pool that is covered from head to toe in black Ninja wear.... We'll be the ones that are making a ridiculous attempt to blend in with the shrubbery....

~NM

Who said that?

Have a fantastic trip!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

On the Poly thread, pics have been posted of super nifty resort merchandise. I am behind on reading this thread, can anyone tell me if anyone has grabbed pics of YC or BC specific items and posted here? If so, I will search for it! Excited to see what the new items look like!

There has been some resort specific merchandise at the YC and BC for awhile now. There are a few pages on The Marketplace link and Fittings and Fairing link showing some of the items.

I'll add the links here in a couple of minutes.

Photos of Yacht Club specific Resort Wear and Merchandise, taken by MickeyT in January 2012:
Yacht Club Resort Merchandise

Photos of Beach Club specific Resort Wear and Merchandise, taken in March 2012:
Beach Club Resort Merchandise

Is there new stuff??? If so, I would love to see pictures if someone there now/soon wants to check it out.

:thumbsup2

Caught up! :woohoo:
(If I have accidentally missed anything or failed to welcome you, please bump up your post)

pages 108-110

:welcome: to the DIS and this thread!

I keep a Be Our Guest list of folks staying at the resort- I'll add you to the list for November.

Let us know if you have any questions. There's also lots (and lots) of info and pictures on the first page of this thread.

There is a cake thread that has lots of great information about the options and lots of fun pictures. We ordered a custom cake for my daughter last year for her 2nd birthday celebration and will do it again this year!

Time passes on the board as quickly as it passes slowly for the next trip!
The cake we ordered above came from the Contemporary Bakery - we got it from Chef Brian and he was fantastic to work with to get exactly what we wanted! :)

TOO CUTE!!! What a great smile!

Thanks for sharing the picture and the cake info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter