2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're trying Artist Point for the first time in July. 16 trips and we never made it over there. I kept going back and forth on this one but someone at work told DH that the salmon is amazing and I keep eyeing the scallops and the cobbler.
So glad to get your recommendation.

Are you getting excited about the Dessert Party? I know I am!

Absolutely excited!!!!

We are doing the Wishes dessert party on 8/27. Anyone else going to be there with us? I've never been, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Just finished rearranging dinning plans YET AGAIN!! This time for the September trip with DH. I'm trying to wow him with Disney... so I booked the Richard Petty Driving Experience for him! Theres a MNSSHP the Friday night we are there and I'd love to take him to that (it's September 20th so I don't think it will be really crowded) Just have to get the tickets through DVC or AP... and I booked the Archery Experience! I think I have everything set now... no more changing things for me!! Unless I get lucky and can snag a California Grill reservation if they open by then (rumor mill says August)!!

Planning is the best part!!
~N

Hi Nanette we're hoping to go to mnsshp on 9/20 also :)

Just finished rearranging dinning plans YET AGAIN!! This time for the September trip with DH. I'm trying to wow him with Disney... so I booked the Richard Petty Driving Experience for him! Theres a MNSSHP the Friday night we are there and I'd love to take him to that (it's September 20th so I don't think it will be really crowded) Just have to get the tickets through DVC or AP... and I booked the Archery Experience! I think I have everything set now... no more changing things for me!! Unless I get lucky and can snag a California Grill reservation if they open by then (rumor mill says August)!!

~N

I booked the driving experience for my nephew as a birthday present. My husband is doing it with him. I think I'm more excited for them. :drive: it's my nephews first trip to disney I wanted to throw a little extra magic his way. Never heard of the archery experience, all I hear is " you'll shot your eye out kid!" Just don't trust my family enough lol:duck:

I booked the driving experience for my nephew as a birthday present. My husband is doing it with him. I think I'm more excited for them. :drive: it's my nephews first trip to disney I wanted to throw a little extra magic his way. Never heard of the archery experience, all I hear is " you'll shot your eye out kid!" Just don't trust my family enough lol:duck:

Yea I'm more nervous about the whole driving experience then a bow and arrow... but, I feel like it's Disney so it'll be ok!! At least that's what I tell myself!! He loves to drive and I thought he would wanna do the exotic car experience, but nope he wants to drive a NASCAR!!! Hope your nephew and husband enjoy it!!

~N

Yea I'm more nervous about the whole driving experience then a bow and arrow... but, I feel like it's Disney so it'll be ok!! At least that's what I tell myself!! He loves to drive and I thought he would wanna do the exotic car experience, but nope he wants to drive a NASCAR!!! Hope your nephew and husband enjoy it!!

~N

I booked the ride along experience for them. I figured how much trouble could they get in with some one else driving lol. I made sure to book something for the little ones to do at the same time so I can be busy with them. I don't think my heart could take watching them actually doing it. I'm not that brave. But they can tell me all about it, like the roller coasters. My feet stay firmly planted on the ground.

Hmmm. All you have to do is wait???? OR you will learn a few bad habits here on this thread and find yourself rearranging your ADRs over and over again!!!!!

Welcome!!!

Haha. I have already done that multiple times and I can't promise I wont do it again!

Has anyone ever stayed here during November/December? I'm sure the answer is yes, but I'm trying to figure out if the pools are do-able if it is cold out. Is Stormalong Bay heated? We were supposed to be there now but had to cancel due to a death in the family and now we are looking at September or the week right after Thanksgiving for Yacht Club. Thanks in advance!

I think I got the ok from DBF to do our entire stay at YC!! I really wanted to do a split stay (4 nights AoA, 5 nights YC), but I looked at May prices for this year, and the suites are not much less than a standard at YC. He still said no, but when I explained the difference, how big WDW is & where the 2 resorts are located, he was ok with it. Now, to butter him up for more than a standard view room. ;)

~N

Can you please tell me more about this Richard Petty Driving Experience?

There are 2 different experiences . 1-is a ride along. A professional driving takes you around the track for a number of times. At insane speeds. You pay by the set # of times you want to go around. The cheapest is 3xs I paid about $100 for the adult ticket and $50 ish for the junior ticket,

#2 is you drive the car yourself. - you sit in a class for 3 hrs and learn all about the car, how it handles, how to turn on the curves.then you drive the race car on the track for 3 - however # of laps you choose to pay for. This one starts at $300 ish and goes up.

I u tubed both experiences and the reviews say the ride along is better because they don't allow you o drive yourselves as fast as you think they will let you. The ride a long the professional driver can go as fast as he wants.

**** the junior car has speciality safety harnesses for children of that age***

All the info is right on their website. And they provide transportation from TTC to and from the race way, which is outside MK parking lot

There are 2 different experiences . 1-is a ride along. A professional driving takes you around the track for a number of times. At insane speeds. You pay by the set # of times you want to go around. The cheapest is 3xs I paid about $100 for the adult ticket and $50 ish for the junior ticket,

#2 is you drive the car yourself. - you sit in a class for 3 hrs and learn all about the car, how it handles, how to turn on the curves.then you drive the race car on the track for 3 - however # of laps you choose to pay for. This one starts at $300 ish and goes up.

I u tubed both experiences and the reviews say the ride along is better because they don't allow you o drive yourselves as fast as you think they will let you. The ride a long the professional driver can go as fast as he wants.

**** the junior car has speciality safety harnesses for children of that age***

All the info is right on their website. And they provide transportation from TTC to and from the race way, which is outside MK parking lot

That sounds like SO much fun! My husband would adore that. I'll have to mention it on our last day so that he'll let me plan a trip for next year . . . . .

Honestly I've never done it.. but it's out at Fort Wilderness. You have some instruction and then they take you out and you shoot with the bow and arrows... It's $25 for 1 1/2 hours of bow and arrow time!! Right up his alley!! Sounds boring to me, but he wants to do it and I'm all about whatever he wants to do since this is his first trip to Disney!

~N

Sounds cool! DD11 took up archery on her school's archery team...we just bought her a bow (she borrowed one from the school for her first season), arrows and are waiting on a target, and then we'll have out own "archery experience" in our back yard. Yours is cheaper though! :lmao:

Can you please tell me more about this Richard Petty Driving Experience?

I don't know alot about it other than my husband was all about it! I called the Richard Petty number (the voucher gives that number) instead of Disney today and was told the date I wanted was available, so I got a discounted voucher off of this site (disboards under activities) the cost for the Rookie Experience which is what I bought was $370 with taxes included (a savings of about $109) and that's the cheapest driving one they have (it's 8 laps) the prices really jump up for the others...$800ish and $1,200ish (and 8 laps is enough!!). The whole experience takes about 3 hours (includes a class, suit up time and then 1 lap to warm up and 8 laps around at about 130 miles per hour and then 1 lap cool down there is a driver in the car with him so the speeds can be faster (it's called right seat or something like that..that's new). When its over you get a certificate and a print out of the lap times. All I know is he is super excited (and it really takes a lot to wow him!!)

~N

Sounds cool! DD11 took up archery on her school's archery team...we just bought her a bow (she borrowed one from the school for her first season), arrows and are waiting on a target, and then we'll have out own "archery experience" in our back yard. Yours is cheaper though! :lmao:

Very cool!! Awesome hobby for her to have!

~N

Mike, Sue, Lee Ann

Mike (MickeyT) and his wife Lee Ann have returned to dry land after their visit out west to Disneyland, a cruise to Alaska and a cruise in Alaska.

Last night they met SueM in Vancouver for dinner.

Boy, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one! ;)

page 91-93- I'll catch up with the rest of the thread later tonight or early tomorrow.

Just stopping in to say hi to my YC friends. Caught up on a few posts and totally agree with this; the Spirit of Aloha Show was a big disappointment for us as well. We paid for the best seating category and were stuck behind a pole, the food wasn't great, and the entertainment was just so so imho.

Hope all my BC/YC friends are well! I've been spending numerous hours soaking up knowledge on the Dis Cruise boards as we booked the Fantasy for next May for our 15 year anniversary; concierge level :cool1::cool1:

:wave2:

Always good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger! And think of us as you sip your off-site Treasures.

:goodvibes

Thank you for the welcome. We have stayed at Pop, GF, Poly, POFQ, and WL on previous trips. I am planning a surprise trip for my daughter from Feb1-8, 2014.:goodvibes This trip is a celebration of the 10th anniversary of her adoption. :) I hope to book a room at YC CL. I want to book a resort in the EPCOT area so that we can be close to her favorite ride RNR and my favorite park EPCOT.
Lisa

What a great celebration. I'll pencil you onto the list for 2014. Once you make the booking or if you have any changes, you can let us know.

:woohoo:

DW and I did discover the Solarium while the kids were out on their pirate cruise. I am not sure how we missed it before that. I also did not know that there were more tables out the back of the Solarium. That's a good tip for next time.

In regards to the Pirate cruise, I highly recommend it. The kids did it on Wednesday morning and had a blast. Even though it poured on them at the beginning of the trip, they did not complain about getting soaked. Since there was no lightning, the trip continued on. The cast members were great and made sure all the kids had fun. Great way for mom and dad to have a couple hours of quiet time in the middle of the trip.

Would you mind if I added your review to the other reviews we have of the Albatross cruise on Page 1?

Thanks!

:)

I'm hoping to find some small Random Acts of Kindness and spread it to my favorite place in the world!

3 1/2 days to go!!!!! :cool1:

What a nice idea. Have a fantastic trip and let us know about your special acts.

:thumbsup2

One little trick for a "poor man's" mimosa- beer and any sort of lemon-lime soda (sprite, slice, 7-up, etc)

Thanks for the above tip-

Also, sorry to hear about the DIScipline and we appreciate the warning. There is somewhere you can look up what it all means. I remember checking into the rules in January.

:hug:

I can't figure out how to post a pic. Wanted to show off our standard view view :cool2:
Tim

Hi Tim- I have the instructions for posting a photo on Page 1- Other Useful Info. Here is the link. The main trick is that you need to upload your photos to a photosharing site like Photobucket or Flickr or smugmug or something like that.

Post a Photo on the DIS?
sub-lesson: Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format

Or if you want to email the photos to me, I can post them when I get a chance.

beachclubdee at yahoo dot com

FYI for anyone interested- There are also tutorials on multi-quoting posts, making a ticker and creating hyperlinks in that section of the thread.

What a GREAT Dismeet!!! thanks for sharing the pic with us, it's so nice to put a face to the names :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter