2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just another quick question.

Does the BC provide the use of a kettle? We will need to heat up my LO's bottles and it looks like the coffee maker will not do that for us?

Thanks

They have a microwave in the Marketplace that you can use. :)

I see so many getting "pixie dusted",...I would love to get some (not even anything big) sprinkled on my daughter for her birthday the day we arrive at BC. :0/ Wishful thinking!!

Ah, me too. It will be my birthday during our trip. We have had a really tough couple of years and I am thinking of the trip itself as my pixie dust since I doubt we will be getting any sprinkles ourselves (we have no luck at all about anything, especially Disney, LOL, I am betting we get the ugliest standard room available at YC...I figure if I maintain that attitude, nearly anything will beat it).

I have loved seeing the recent trip reports - makes me so excited and happy!

Whew...I found a free minute!! So, here it is, installment #2 of our mini-trip report. The title of this one is...Our Thoughts on Club Level...

Overall, we thought CL was worth our money. This is the 2nd time we've stayed YC CL, so I've got a prior experience to compare it to now. The first time we stayed YC CL, it was just me and my DH. It was our 1st CL stay and the whole thing really impressed us. With this trip we had the kids with us so we got the "kid perspective" on CL. So here goes...

1. CL was busy, but we always managed to find a table. However, a few times we snagged the last table. This club level is small but cozy.

2. With breakfast and evening appetizers in the lounge, most days we only had to buy lunch in the parks along with the occasional snack. We had more than enough food.

3. We found the wait staff in the lounge to be professional and kind, but not overly bubbly and welcoming. Suited us just fine.

4. There were quite a few business folks staying on CL. And, not as many kids. There were definitely kids there...just not a lot. This also suited us fine as I get easily icked-out by kids who don't know how to use the tongs, etc. Ironically though, the worst behavior we saw all week was from a few grown men who treated the afternoon potato chips like their own personal backyard picnic. They reached into the bowl with their whole hands, no tongs, and touched every chip before they pulled out their portions. Don't even get me started...

5. No cold lobster salad on the menu...boo!!

6. Oreo bon bons served one night. Bacon-wrapped scallops served two nights...Yay!!

7. We noticed that not all the food was labeled this time like it was last time. On many nights the cold salads, cheeses, and some of the smaller items had no signs indicating what they were. Had to try it and guess.

8. Fresh brewed coffee was only served in the am. The rest of the day you had to use the Nescafe machine. Not my favorite...luckily we had brought Starbucks Vias along with us.

9. In the morning, the only sugar they have out for coffee is in cube form. I was not crazy about this because 1 cube wasn't enough and 2 cubes was too much. Sugar packets are out the rest of the day, so I just kept a few of those to bring to breakfast each morning.

10. For those interested in the evening appetizers....one of the CMs told us that they busiest times to eat are 5:00 and 6:45. Times in between are much slower.

11. My son lived on the PB&J shooters. He ate them every evening. I do, however, wish they'd put out more varied kid-friendly items....some mini-meatballs, some chicken or turkey roll-ups, etc. My DS10 wasn't really fond of the grown-up hot appetizers. One night I tried to convince him that the pork pot stickers were ravioli, but he wasn't buying it! My DD13 liked pretty much everything just fine though.

12. And speaking of the hot appetizers...pretty good, but too much fried phyllo dough for us. There was at least one of these types of items every night, and sometimes both items were fried, phyllo doughy.

13.Make sure you ask for water bottles before heading out to the parks or pool. They are not out...but if you ask for them, they will give them to you any time of day.

14. Here's a big one....beer is only served during evening appetizers, but they will bring you beer any time during the day if you ask for it. (My DH made VERY good use of this tip). One day there was a guy sitting in the lounge during the afternoon snacks and we heard him oversay, "I wish they had the beer out now." My husband went over to him and gave him this very useful tip, at which point the guy looked like he wanted to kiss my husband.

15. You can bring beer from the lounge down to the pool if you pour it into a plastic container or cup first. Yet another tip my DH used quite frequently.

Overall, we think the convenience of CL outweighs its short-comings. It's definitely a touch of pampering and relaxation. The food served was generally good, but I do wish they'd vary it a bit more. Cheese and crackers, veggies and dip...these things were out every night. After a week, they did get a little tired. I haven't stayed at any other club levels, so I don't know if this is par for the course at other resorts.

The best part about CL in our opinion is the convenience of breakfast. To get a nice healthy start to your day is great.

Our favorite foods all week were the Oreo Bon Bons, Bacon-Wrapped Scallops, Chocolate Chip Muffins, and the Cinnamon Rolls! :cool1:

Any questions...just ask....

Next up in our trip report.. Our Thoughts on the YC Resort ...(Spolier Alert: It's All Good!)

Ah, me too. It will be my birthday during our trip. We have had a really tough couple of years and I am thinking of the trip itself as my pixie dust since I doubt we will be getting any sprinkles ourselves (we have no luck at all about anything, especially Disney, LOL, I am betting we get the ugliest standard room available at YC...I figure if I maintain that attitude, nearly anything will beat it).

I have loved seeing the recent trip reports - makes me so excited and happy!

I hear you. In ALL of our many trips to WDW before we moved there (and after), we've never gotten any pixie dust. I'm happy for those who do though!

Well, we got most of the ADR we wanted. Had to take Le Cellier at 6 instead of 5, hopefully not too late for the kiddos. The only one I really cared about was the Disney Junior character breakfast at Hollywood & Vine for the twins' birthday, we got the time we wanted for that in their bday :)

So happy that's done!

Ok. I haven't had a chance to read through all of this thread but we are staying in BCV in a little over a week. Also, what is all this talk about secret entrances to Epcot???

If you are staying at BCV, you need to know about the Shortcut more than the Secret Entrance. In this photo, the green building is BCV. The blue building is BC. When you leave BCV and want to go to Epcot, you don't have to walk all the way to the lobby and then out the back. Head toward the BC, but look for the path between the green building and the blue building.

Walk down the path until you get to the point shown here where you can't walk straight anymore (because you would walk into the bushes). Turn RIGHT. This is tricky. Your instincts will tell you to turn left, because you know that Epcot is to the left.

Go all the way to the end, and then turn left again. This also is tricky. The path will be so close to the patios of the first floor rooms that you will think you made a mistake and went the wrong way. You didn't.

Follow that path until you reach the gate. The gate will let you out on the main path. Stop and look at where you are, so that you will be able to find the gate on your way back in. Then turn left to get to Epcot.

I suggest doing it in daylight the first time.

If you are staying at BCV, you need to know about the Shortcut more than the Secret Entrance. In this photo, the green building is BCV. The blue building is BC. When you leave BCV and want to go to Epcot, you don't have to walk all the way to the lobby and then out the back. Head toward the BC, but look for the path between the green building and the blue building.

Walk down the path until you get to the point shown here where you can't walk straight anymore (because you would walk into the bushes). Turn RIGHT. This is tricky. Your instincts will tell you to turn left, because you know that Epcot is to the left.

Go all the way to the end, and then turn left again. This also is tricky. The path will be so close to the patios of the first floor rooms that you will think you made a mistake and went the wrong way. You didn't.

Follow that path until you reach the gate. The gate will let you out on the main path. Stop and look at where you are, so that you will be able to find the gate on your way back in. Then turn left to get to Epcot.

http://s624.photobucket.com/user/1cat0dogs/media/Disney/ShortcuttoEpcot-1.jpg.html

Thanks for this info! Hope I remember it in August :)

So 37 days to go here!!!! Tomorrow I have a follow up appointment with a sports ortho because I may have torn something in my upper arm/shoulder and hoping its just a really bad sprain and no surgery necessary. I'm still in pain from a knee surgery in late December and don't need another complication so I'm asking everyone for some pixie dust and prayers! I'm only 41 and I've had two "I can't believe you got an injury that way" in 8 months! I think I might need to go into hiding soon!

Positive thoughts of me having a Sunken Treasure by the pool soon with a healed arm!!!!

Whew...I found a free minute!! So, here it is, installment #2 of our mini-trip report. The title of this one is...Our Thoughts on Club Level...

Any questions...just ask....

Next up in our trip report.. Our Thoughts on the YC Resort ...(Spolier Alert: It's All Good!)

Thanks for taking the time to put together your detailed thoughts and experiences about YC CL!!!

Ok, here's my question... May I link to this review in the CL post on the first page of this thread? I have a few other CL reviews and it is nice to have them all in one place for people who are curious.

Thanks!

This is great! Can't have too many shortcut or secret path descriptions.

Is it ok to include this on Page 1?

Thanks!

Hi natebenma :wave:

We returned last weekend from another lovely YC CL stay where we were amazingly pixie dusted with an upgrade to the Presidential Suite! pixiedust:

Do you have any interest in pix for the thread or your files? I'd be happy to provide you with some if you think you would. :goodvibes

We loved everything about YC CL! The CM's there are just so special. My kids have really gotten close to several of them. ::yes::

Holy moly - that is awesome!!! Please post some pics (if you haven't already). :)

Thanks for sharing I Heart The Mouse!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2. I love the pics!! How did they tell you about upgrade? Did your mouth drop??? :confused3

They actually pulled one over on us big time. With no mention of an upgrade, the CM walked us into the second bedroom which just has a regular entrance. He just waited there with us until I noticed that my DS8 disappeared into what I thought was an open door to a connecting room. When I followed him over there and saw the living/dining area I literally fell to my knees and started crying. It was so amazing! :love:

Holy moly - that is awesome!!! Please post some pics (if you haven't already). :)

I posted on Dee's YC Suite thread :goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056013&page=2

Thanks for taking the time to put together your detailed thoughts and experiences about YC CL!!!

Ok, here's my question... May I link to this review in the CL post on the first page of this thread? I have a few other CL reviews and it is nice to have them all in one place for people who are curious.

Thanks!

Of course you may! :)

Thanks so much!! I love having these kinds of tips!

I believe someone asked about the valet after midnight a few pages back.

We came in right at midnight a few years back. We valet parked the car and bell services took the bags. We were staying CL and if course the CL desk was closed by then so they checked us in downstairs in the lobby. Most of us were just going to the room but I had a 22 year old that was meeting up with friends at MK since it was staying open until 3 am. They had a manager come out and issue our tickets so he could go on to the park.

The service, no matter what time of day, is what keeps me coming back repeatedly to YC/BC.

It was me! Thanks so much, glad to hear valet should be around. We will be arriving 5/24 and now DH is thinking of going to MK at midnight because of the 24 hour event. I told him you go ahead but I'm going to bed!

http://s624.photobucket.com/user/1cat0dogs/media/Disney/ShortcuttoEpcot-1.jpg.html

I'll have to remember this!

Hi Dee,
Would you please add us to the Be Our Guest list!! Daily lurker...but very seldom poster. Love the thread!! Thanks for all you do!:goodvibes
We are doing a split stay.....starting out with 4nts at Vero, then moving to VWL for 2nts and then finally...BCV for 8nts nights:cool1: BCV dates will be August 21-29 2013.

We are celebrating..finally..the adoption of our little boy:lovestruc!!:thumbsup2:cool1: :banana: So excited and grateful.

We had the good fortune to meet Teena and her lovely family last August at SAB , but unfortunately, our paths will not cross for the entire 2 weeks we'll be in Florida this year:confused3
Thanks!
Kerri

Congratulations on the adoption! Such wonderful news!

They actually pulled one over on us big time. With no mention of an upgrade, the CM walked us into the second bedroom which just has a regular entrance. He just waited there with us until I noticed that my DS8 disappeared into what I thought was an open door to a connecting room. When I followed him over there and saw the living/dining area I literally fell to my knees and started crying. It was so amazing! :love:

That's awesome ;)! I would've done the same!

Thanks to everyone for the advice on where to get my crack...err...popcorn near BC. And I'll be sure to have some super crack...err...caramel corn from Germany in less than 4 weeks. And can I just add...I am on the BOG list. I am n the BOG list.:banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter