2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually pulled one over on us big time. With no mention of an upgrade, the CM walked us into the second bedroom which just has a regular entrance. He just waited there with us until I noticed that my DS8 disappeared into what I thought was an open door to a connecting room. When I followed him over there and saw the living/dining area I literally fell to my knees and started crying. It was so amazing! :love:

Oh my, that is utterly fantastic they surprised you like that!

Hi Dee,
Would you please add us to the Be Our Guest list!! Daily lurker...but very seldom poster. Love the thread!! Thanks for all you do!:goodvibes
We are doing a split stay.....starting out with 4nts at Vero, then moving to VWL for 2nts and then finally...BCV for 8nts nights:cool1: BCV dates will be August 21-29 2013.

We are celebrating..finally..the adoption of our little boy:lovestruc!!:thumbsup2:cool1: :banana: So excited and grateful.

We had the good fortune to meet Teena and her lovely family last August at SAB , but unfortunately, our paths will not cross for the entire 2 weeks we'll be in Florida this year:confused3
Thanks!
Kerri

Absolutely!!!

I'm thrilled at your news and delighted to add you to the list!

Congratulations and :welcome: back!

:banana::banana::banana:

We are back from our BC GV trip (4/21-4/27).

Thanks for your review!

:goodvibes

Hi I am planning a two week stay for myself and two teenage children in August
2014.I plan to spend the first week split between a hotel close to Seaworld to visit there as well as Discovery Cove and Universal, and then a couple of nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge . I want to then spend the second week at the Beach Club so as to visit the Disney Parks . I will have free dining package should I choose a club level room for a bit of luxury or a one bed villa to have more space ?Any ideas and advice really welcome.
Deb

Hi Deb!

:welcome: to the DIS and to this thread.

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I don't have any experience with the Beach Club Villas, so I'll rely on others to give you suggestions about your stay.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next summer!

:cool1:

Thanks for all the replies to my post. Just reporting back to let you know how our journey to the front entrance of Epcot for the 8:45 "Gardens of the World" tour turned out. !

Thanks for letting us know. I wish we could get a definitive answer about this but like you, I suspect that letting people through at that time is done on a case by case basis.

Hi all,

Just another quick question.

Does the BC provide the use of a kettle? We will need to heat up my LO's bottles and it looks like the coffee maker will not do that for us?

Thanks

They have a microwave in the Marketplace that you can use. :)

Thanks.
That can be a job for DH on an evening!

You can also request a microwave for your room when you check in. Not sure how many are available, and they are based on availability, but it is worth a shot. A long time ago when my boys were small, I used to use a microwave to heat water and then put the bottles into the hot water to warm them up.

So 37 days to go here!!!! Tomorrow I have a follow up appointment with a sports ortho because I may have torn something in my upper arm/shoulder and hoping its just a really bad sprain and no surgery necessary. I'm still in pain from a knee surgery in late December and don't need another complication so I'm asking everyone for some pixie dust and prayers! I'm only 41 and I've had two "I can't believe you got an injury that way" in 8 months! I think I might need to go into hiding soon!

Positive thoughts of me having a Sunken Treasure by the pool soon with a healed arm!!!!

Good luck with your appointment

:goodvibes
After 10 months in the wilderness with no Disney vacation booked,we did it today:cool1::cool1: UK free dining was released for 2014 and we've booked to stay at the Yacht Club again for 17 days 16th August - 1st September:goodvibes

:welcome: back!!!

So glad to be adding you on to the Be Our Guest list for next summer.

:woohoo:

I believe I am caught up on the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to look it over to see if your information is correct. If not, please let me know and I will make any necessary adjustments.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Bob's wrist is fractured and sprained. He's wearing a removable cast and feels better today.
My fever broke last night. Still feel weak but so much better. Must have been the 24 hour flu.

Hoping you are feeling better. Flu stinks but sure glad it didn't happen during your upcoming trip.

And take care of Bob. What a way to end a cruise!

That would definitely be bad, then. Did you drag the stroller up and down the stairs, or did you take the very long walk through the hallways?
Yep, dragged the stroller up and down the stairs. It was still worth it than zig zagging through the hallways. You really have to pay attention walking through the hallways because there are so many turns. Since your doing a zig zag, typically it is a right, left, right, left scenario.

Hi Dee,
Would you please add us to the Be Our Guest list!! Daily lurker...but very seldom poster. Love the thread!! Thanks for all you do!:goodvibes
We are doing a split stay.....starting out with 4nts at Vero, then moving to VWL for 2nts and then finally...BCV for 8nts nights:cool1: BCV dates will be August 21-29 2013.

We are celebrating..finally..the adoption of our little boy:lovestruc!!:thumbsup2:cool1: :banana: So excited and grateful.

We had the good fortune to meet Teena and her lovely family last August at SAB , but unfortunately, our paths will not cross for the entire 2 weeks we'll be in Florida this year:confused3
Thanks!
Kerri

Hey Kerri,
Congrats!!!!
Jeanne, Bob, Princess Lily and I are so sorry we're going to miss you this year!

Hey Kerri,
Congrats!!!!
Jeanne, Bob, Princess Lily and I are so sorry we're going to miss you this year!

Thanks Teena! David is always looking at the photo album from last August and remembers playing with "Baby Lily" at the pool! He's smitten!:lovestruc

Has anyone forgotten the PIN they picked when they did online check in? If so how did they handle it when you arrived and picked up your packet?

Wow, it takes me so long every day to catch up on this thread - of course I enjoy every minute of it :love:
Just wanted to say thank you to Dee for answering my question regarding my room dilemma (just love it when decisions are effectively taken from me - life becomes so much easier); thank you to CT_Disney for the YC CL review and looking forward to reading more!; and congratulations to KerriL for your exciting new arrival!!! I think if there were celebration competitions you would win hands down.
It's a beautiful day in NJ today - I hope everyone's day looks as nice.
(96 days!!!)

I just booked two nights at the Yacht Club for this weekend. We've never stayed at the Yacht Club. My daughter picked this resort to celebrate her 18th birthday:) She picked the resort so we could hang out at SAB, but I think Mother Nature has different plans for us! I know we'll still have a fun time!

I haven't been around here much, so I'm trying to do a little research on this thread before we check-in on Friday. I use to spend months planning trips to WDW, so it's a little strange going into something a bit clueless. Being in Orlando now takes a lot of pressure off planning. We're totally winging this whole weekend trip and we're sleeping in which will be a first for us. Completely different trip than when they were younger:)

I just booked two nights at the Yacht Club for this weekend. We've never stayed at the Yacht Club. My daughter picked this resort to celebrate her 18th birthday:) She picked the resort so we could hang out at SAB, but I think Mother Nature has different plans for us! I know we'll still have a fun time!

I haven't been around here much, so I'm trying to do a little research on this thread before we check-in on Friday. I use to spend months planning trips to WDW, so it's a little strange going into something a bit clueless. Being in Orlando now takes a lot of pressure off planning. We're totally winging this whole weekend trip and we're sleeping in which will be a first for us. Completely different trip than when they were younger:)

Happy birthday to your daughter, mirlow. I'm sure it will be a really fun weekend. Very fun to be trying a new resort :wizard:

Happy Birthday to her!!! She picked a SUPER Fantastic resort to celebrate :cool1:

Sometimes winging it makes for the best time!

Hello all you YC/BC lovers! I should probably start by telling you all that I've never stayed at YC/BC and it's been 8 years since I've been to WDW! :guilty: My family and I are currently planning a trip for December 2014. We'll be cruising on the Fantasy the week of Christmas and touring WDW the week prior.

We are starting to toss around ideas on which resort we'd like to stay at. DH and I have previously stayed at Poly, GF, WL and AKL. We are a family of 5 with three DDs who will be 12, 9 and 7 on this trip. Only the 12 and 9 year old have been to WDW before but neither remember anything (the 9 year old was just an infant on our last trip). I'm hoping I'll be able to sway my family to staying at YC/BC for this trip since I've always wanted to. I'm just not sure if I will be able to pry them away from a MK area resort. Help me make my case!

Since SAB is a big draw to staying at YC/BC and my girls would not want to pass it up if we stayed there, what can you tell me about swimming there in December? We are from the Seattle area, so we're not opposed to swimming when it's in the mid 60's as long as the sun is shining.

And what can you tell me about the Christmas season at YC/BC?

Hello all you YC/BC lovers! I should probably start by telling you all that I've never stayed at YC/BC and it's been 8 years since I've been to WDW! :guilty: My family and I are currently planning a trip for December 2014. We'll be cruising on the Fantasy the week of Christmas and touring WDW the week prior.

We are starting to toss around ideas on which resort we'd like to stay at. DH and I have previously stayed at Poly, GF, WL and AKL. We are a family of 5 with three DDs who will be 12, 9 and 7 on this trip. Only the 12 and 9 year old have been to WDW before but neither remember anything (the 9 year old was just an infant on our last trip). I'm hoping I'll be able to sway my family to staying at YC/BC for this trip since I've always wanted to. I'm just not sure if I will be able to pry them away from a MK area resort. Help me make my case!

Since SAB is a big draw to staying at YC/BC and my girls would not want to pass it up if we stayed there, what can you tell me about swimming there in December? We are from the Seattle area, so we're not opposed to swimming when it's in the mid 60's as long as the sun is shining.

And what can you tell me about the Christmas season at YC/BC?

December at WDW. Can be in the 40's (yep - a high of 40) and can be in the high 80's. You need to pack for every kind of temp.

Walking to Epcot and seeing all the holiday decorations and the Candlelight Processional is magical!!!!!

The resorts around the lake have great holiday decorations too. Tell the kids you are a boat ride away from Hollywood Studios. It might help.

December at WDW. Can be in the 40's (yep - a high of 40) and can be in the high 80's. You need to pack for every kind of temp.

Walking to Epcot and seeing all the holiday decorations and the Candlelight Processional is magical!!!!!

The resorts around the lake have great holiday decorations too. Tell the kids you are a boat ride away from Hollywood Studios. It might help.

Thank you!

Since we're from the Pacific NW, we're used to dressing in layers and being prepared for everything!

After so many twists and turns...we will be returning to our "home away from home" BC this August :yay:...

Dee...Can you add us to the BOG list? We will be there 8/18-8/25!

Teena...can't wait to see you when we arrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter