2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still loving it here at YC.
Conquered MVMCP last night, and looking forward to a leisurely Epcot day today. Looking forward to seeing TEENA tomorrow!

I'm home. Got four hours sleep. Now off to bank and grocery shopping.

Had a fantastic time in Hawaii and saw Pearl Harbor which was a biggy for me. It was very moving.

Cruise days (all ten of them) were rough, cold and windy. Only one day was anyone able to sit out in the sun by the pool (the day before we got to Hawaii).

The Hawaiian Islands IN MY OPINION could have been a Caribbean island. Some are flat, some are volcanic, some are lush and green, some aren't. Only difference to me was the humidity. It's more humid in the Caribbean.

We came back paler than we went. When we arrived back in Orlando last night, we were greeted with 74 degrees and humidity and we loved every minute of it. I finally warmed up.

Seeing where they film Hawaii 5-0 was also a biggy for me. I'm a big fan.

Back to work Sunday and Monday. Missed you all!

I'm home. Got four hours sleep. Now off to bank and grocery shopping.

Had a fantastic time in Hawaii and saw Pearl Harbor which was a biggy for me. It was very moving.

Cruise days (all ten of them) were rough, cold and windy. Only one day was anyone able to sit out in the sun by the pool (the day before we got to Hawaii).

The Hawaiian Islands IN MY OPINION could have been a Caribbean island. Some are flat, some are volcanic, some are lush and green, some aren't. Only difference to me was the humidity. It's more humid in the Caribbean.

We came back paler than we went. When we arrived back in Orlando last night, we were greeted with 74 degrees and humidity and we loved every minute of it. I finally warmed up.

Seeing where they film Hawaii 5-0 was also a biggy for me. I'm a big fan.

Back to work Sunday and Monday. Missed you all!

Welcome Back, Teena! We missed you too!

Here are a couple of pictures that Teena sent to me. I have uploaded all of the pictures from her cruise on the Lily Goes Live thread (Pink Link in my signature)

Wednesday November 27-Oahu

Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Part of the Arizona with beautiful island backdrop

Book 'em Dano!

Thursday November 28-Thanksgiving- Maui

"Beautiful"

Sugar Plantation

Friday November 29- The Big Island

Diamond Head Sunrise and eating breakfast on the verandah with Diamond Head as a backdrop.

Are there roll away beds available at BC if a request is made for a daybed and is not granted? Asking for a family of 4, with 2 teenagers who really need separate beds.

Well, unfortunately I need to be removed from the Be Our Guest list for April.

The family curse - breast cancer got me. At least it's early stage. I'll be dealing with Doc appointments over this holiday season and figuring out when to have surgery. I figured it would happen eventually with my family history so I'm glad it got caught early. Ladies - get those Mammograms!!!!!

On a positive note I am still planning on going over Memorial Weekend 2014 to see my DD14 play her flute at DTD with her middle school band but I'm not sure where we'll be staying on that trip. She's going to be with the band group offsite it sounds like but I really want to stay onsite so that's where the rest of us will probably be.

So at least I still have a Disney trip to plan even if it'll be a short one! :thumbsup2

Welcome back Teena. Sorry the weather was not better for the days at sea. The pictures were great and brought back so many memories of our trip.

Oh my! DD9 has said she wants a red magic band and that I should have pink as I am Pinkgirl. How kind is my DD?

Nannette and I have been running Buzzy's wings off! We have no time to give you the report but we will tell you there are incriminating pictures floating around...

Once we get past Buzzy's lawyers we will post this photographic evidence of Buzzy's slovenly lifestyle and fill you in on all the dirty details.

As for now, we have to go back to the room and pry his drunk butt out of bed and back on the tour trail.

~NM

PS. Can you believe he got LAWYERS involved to keep those photos off the 'net??

Well, unfortunately I need to be removed from the Be Our Guest list for April. The family curse - breast cancer got me. At least it's early stage. I'll be dealing with Doc appointments over this holiday season and figuring out when to have surgery. I figured it would happen eventually with my family history so I'm glad it got caught early. Ladies - get those Mammograms!!!!! On a positive note I am still planning on going over Memorial Weekend 2014 to see my DD14 play her flute at DTD with her middle school band but I'm not sure where we'll be staying on that trip. She's going to be with the band group offsite it sounds like but I really want to stay onsite so that's where the rest of us will probably be. So at least I still have a Disney trip to plan even if it'll be a short one! :thumbsup2

Prayers for you GaSleepingBeautyFan. My wife is a 13 year survivor. Keep us up to date and we'll see you at BC soon....

Nannette and I have been running Buzzy's wings off! We have no time to give you the report but we will tell you there are incriminating pictures floating around...

Once we get past Buzzy's lawyers we will post this photographic evidence of Buzzy's slovenly lifestyle and fill you in on all the dirty details.

As for now, we have to go back to the room and pry his drunk butt out of bed and back on the tour trail.

~NM

Oh Buzzy, Buzzy, Buzzy…..How many times have I told you to beware of those good time girls. You remember what happened to your father don't you. Oh what a tangle web they weave. Beware oh young one.

Mr Buzz

Oh Buzzy, Buzzy, Buzzy…..How many times have I told you to beware of those good time girls. You remember what happened to your father don't you. Oh what a tangle web they weave. Beware oh young one.

Mr Buzz

Ah yeah, dear old dad. His first name was Barr.... he met a tragic end after he hit on a Hooter's waitress whose husband was the bartender. Dad went flying out one night after a deadly hit with the tip of a bar towel. There was no funeral....

I have to go now, NM and Nannette are banging on the room door and demanding
To be let in. If they brought me back a six pack of SUNKEN Treasures I might just let them in.

Buzzy

~NM

!!!!!

The family curse - breast cancer got me. At least it's early stage. I'll be dealing with Doc appointments over this holiday season and figuring out when to have surgery. I figured it would happen eventually with my family history so I'm glad it got caught early. Ladies - get those Mammograms!!!!!

On a positive note I am still planning on going over Memorial Weekend 2014 to see my DD14 play her flute at DTD with her middle school band but I'm not sure where we'll be staying on that trip. She's going to be with the band group offsite it sounds like but I really want to stay onsite so that's where the rest of us will probably be.

So at least I still have a Disney trip to plan even if it'll be a short one! :thumbsup2

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I, and I know everyone here, will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and prayers to you in the coming months.

I'm sure you have a great support system, but there are a lot of folks here who are survivors, or who have loved ones who have battled breast cancer, so if at any time you want some additional support, just ask.

:grouphug:

Dee

Prayers to you! Wishing you fast entry into a remission period! :hug:

So sorry. As a fellow breast cancer woman, I know what you are going through. Hang in there. We're all with you on this!!

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, it's tough news to hear, but early is better. I work in breast cancer diagnostics and genomics, if you have questions you aren't getting answered or just need someone to chat with about the journey, just let me know. Virtual hugs and positive thoughts coming your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!