2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually found booking the FP+ pretty easy. All the planning around where we would be each day needed to happen so I could book a few ADRs. I used www.easywdw.com to decide which park was recommended for the day. Then, I made an ADR for 5 of the 7 days we'd be there and also booked MNSSHP. Then, when we learned we'd be doing FP+, I chose the rides that Josh says are top priorities - basically, I reserved those with the potential for the longest wait times. And, as for selecting times, Disney first makes recommendations and shows you on a map where each ride is so you can take into account distance. They give you 3 or 4 options. You can then alter them afterwards if you want to move around the times some more. We haven't used them yet, but I'm already seeing the benefit - on Day 1 we land at 10am and want to go to MK after arriving. Because of the late arrival and it being a party night, I'm not sure what we would have gotten to ride. But, I now have FP+ for Space Mountain, Peter Pan, and Enchanted Tales with Belle in the afternoon.

On the 2 days we left up in the air, we booked morning FP+ for Soarin and TT in case we wanted to ride them again, since it will be easy to pop into EPCOT and the other day we didn't book anything. HTH

I also wanted to add that I had to plan when to ride Splash Mountain taking into account woe might get wet - lol. We booked a FP+ for Splash on our second MK day BEFORE my kids' appointment at The Pirate League. I didn't want their makeup getting ruined :)

I'm very excited to book our BC stay finally. I've been looking for our dates at BC/YC with free dining since we are traveling party of 5 (4 Disney Adults + 1 child). This morning it finally occurred to me to play around with our dates and I got 10/30 ~ 11/8 at BC with FD. :yay::yay: Now I just need to decide on our one night hotel/resort after BC stay.

Last day at the BC we really loved it but are exhausted. Breakfast, pool, lunch, airport for a 6:15 flight back to Long Island.

I'm very excited to book our BC stay finally. I've been looking for our dates at BC/YC with free dining since we are traveling party of 5 (4 Disney Adults + 1 child). This morning it finally occurred to me to play around with our dates and I got 10/30 ~ 11/8 at BC with FD. :yay::yay: Now I just need to decide on our one night hotel/resort after BC stay.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1

:cool1:

Looks like we'll be getting more Tastykakes in my area! One more thing to mind me of the BC!
:lmao:

Awesome!!! Marketbasket starting carrying them in our area during the Twinkie/Hostess crisis.

:rotfl2:

Last day at the BC we really loved it but are exhausted. Breakfast, pool, lunch, airport for a 6:15 flight back to Long Island.

Have fun today and safe travels!

:goodvibes

Just booked Ca Grill 11/2 for DH and I. I am so excited :cool1::cool1:

When are you going?? I'm set for 11/2! I'm going 9/20 with DH... He is a picky eater, so I had him look at the menu and he seems ok with it... hope he likes it! If not oh well... :)

~N

Me too for 11/2! Can't wait!!

~N

Looks like you two will be there on the same evening! We are going on the 4th. Very excited to see the new decor and menu!

Just got back from the YC yesterday. We had an awesome stay! We were upgraded from standard to garden, and we actually had a view of the gazebo, the boat dock, and the lagoon! :goodvibes I hope to get a full report up soon!

Folks - Those of you with Magic Bands and FP+ locked in, I was wondering if you would share your strategy for how you picked your FP rides, when you scheduled it for and how you picked your one park.

Seems to me like a whole new world of uber-planning just opened up and I was just curious what your thought process was.

FWIW. My analysis paralysis is here.

To be honest I think it working great for us. I selected 3 rides that were our top pick for us. Which are not big thrill rides our kids are still small and the times that I thought would work best.

What has worked out good is the fact that with the app I have been able to twick the selects once we were in the parks for time issues. Even if its with in the window of the hour. So say we had splash mountain scheduled for 1:20-2:20 and it 1:40 we are still stuck doing something I have been able to switch it too. A later time.

I would suggest if you are planned any parades or wishes GET A FP! Awesome seating! No pushing , shoving plenty of room! It's great!!

Home from an amazing 2 weeks stay at the Beach Club. We were a garden view room with view of cresent lake to the right, only a 2 minute walk down to the marketplace which was great for refilling drinks.

We sampled a variety of quick/counter services meals from the marketplace and all were very good, I rather liked the turkey sandwich. The staff were great at adapting the options to our requirements.

It was great being able to walk into Epcot, we did this a lot as the boys loved doing the Agent P missions and collecting the stamps in the World Showcase passports. The walk along to Hollywood early in the morning was in the main shady and cool with a nice relxing boat ride back.

Did we choose the right resort - I can say without a doubt YES. We loved the relaxed feeling in and around the resort, StormAlongBay was fabulous plus being so close to 2 main resorts was great. Never had to wait for long for tranportation around WDW to parks and other resort hotels. The valet service was great at getting taxis for our trips to SeaWorld they arrived within minutes.

We had a photoshoot in and around the resort so I am really looking forward to seeing the photos.

Saving to come back already.

To be honest I think it working great for us. I selected 3 rides that were our top pick for us. Which are not big thrill rides our kids are still small and the times that I thought would work best.

What has worked out good is the fact that with the app I have been able to twick the selects once we were in the parks for time issues. Even if its with in the window of the hour. So say we had splash mountain scheduled for 1:20-2:20 and it 1:40 we are still stuck doing something I have been able to switch it too. A later time.

I would suggest if you are planned any parades or wishes GET A FP! Awesome seating! No pushing , shoving plenty of room! It's great!!

We saw the FP+ seating for the Magic parade it looked great and not over full. Look forward to being able to do this the next time.

Ok everyone I have to say that I am sold! I have found my favorite resort. I'm not sure I could stay anywhere else ever again. I really like the YC over BC( don't hate me) I like that its quieter.

We are located pretty close to the elevators and I have gone to hard in the other end but the walk to BC is not bad at all. I was actually quite surprised at how close it is.

We are staying CL. It's really nice having the snacks , water and drinks available whenever you like. I'm not sure if I would stay CL every trip. I'm don't like I would miss it if we didn't stay CL. It the price was right ( like it was this time ) I would do it again. The hard part is my husband who is and egg/ bacon person. I am find with the offerings he needs more.

Love how close Epcot is!!! We walked there yesterday!

Write more later! Off to SAB

Do you remember when the option for parades/fireworks popped up for you? I'm just over 50 days out and can only select for rides in MK. I was able to select Illuminations, however.

Folks - Those of you with Magic Bands and FP+ locked in, I was wondering if you would share your strategy for how you picked your FP rides, when you scheduled it for and how you picked your one park.

Seems to me like a whole new world of uber-planning just opened up and I was just curious what your thought process was.

FWIW. My analysis paralysis is here.

I must confess I am a planner! I usually use Touring Plans to plan out which park we start at each day (we like to hop) - although sometimes we choose a different park. We usually make very few if any ADR's (picky eaters and we are historically never hungry at the right time) so that didn't affect my FP+ planning as some others have noted. Then I looked at each day to determine our FP+. So for instance on our HS day I chose TSMM/Tot/RnR and got them for the a.m. hours (first one about 1 hour from park opening). Normally we do rope drop and we may still, but having these FP+ already gives us the option not to if everyone is slow to get around in the morning. And if we do manage rope drop then we can use the regular machines and get another :yay:

We typically do MK at least 2x so on one day I scheduled morning FP+ for BTMRR/ETWB/Under the Sea/and 1 other I can't remember right now. On our 2nd MK day I got FP+ for MSEP / Wishes / and Splash I believe.

On our last full day we typically would be at MK/EP for part of the day but since we are staying at BC I scheduled FP+ for Fantasmic this night and then got Tot / TSMM for the hour or two before Fantasmic starts.

Generally I chose FP+ for the typical FP rides that are must do's for my family. Don't see the need for a FP+ for Indiana Jones or some of the other rides that are now being offered?? Really excited to see how it all works out - I'm sure we will be tweaking via the phone app as needed because even with all the planning some of us do - it's never 100% and things change. We try to stay flexible so that the focus is on fun - and not the next reservation! :thumbsup2

Do you remember when the option for parades/fireworks popped up for you? I'm just over 50 days out and can only select for rides in MK. I was able to select Illuminations, however.

You are only able to book it on certain days. I think Fridays and Saturdays only. We tried thurs and couldn't get one. I would do it as soon as you can book your fast passes. We were able to do them about a week after our bands arrived. And we already had our bands for 3 weeks b4 we got the email invite.

No - I am on United. It was against my better judgement, but we got a great fare. $342 RT from California.

That is a great fare!!!:thumbsup2

Just got back from the YC yesterday. We had an awesome stay! We were upgraded from standard to garden, and we actually had a view of the gazebo, the boat dock, and the lagoon! :goodvibes I hope to get a full report up soon!

Glad you had a great trip!!:cool1:

Home from an amazing 2 weeks stay at the Beach Club. We were a garden view room with view of cresent lake to the right, only a 2 minute walk down to the marketplace which was great for refilling drinks.

We sampled a variety of quick/counter services meals from the marketplace and all were very good, I rather liked the turkey sandwich. The staff were great at adapting the options to our requirements.

It was great being able to walk into Epcot, we did this a lot as the boys loved doing the Agent P missions and collecting the stamps in the World Showcase passports. The walk along to Hollywood early in the morning was in the main shady and cool with a nice relxing boat ride back.

Did we choose the right resort - I can say without a doubt YES. We loved the relaxed feeling in and around the resort, StormAlongBay was fabulous plus being so close to 2 main resorts was great. Never had to wait for long for tranportation around WDW to parks and other resort hotels. The valet service was great at getting taxis for our trips to SeaWorld they arrived within minutes.

We had a photoshoot in and around the resort so I am really looking forward to seeing the photos.

Saving to come back already.

Can't imagine staying 2 weeks!!!:cool1: Glad you had a great trip!

Page 17-25

Hope you enjoyed your stay. Please don't take this gorgeous weather away with you!

:cool2:

We had a fantastic time. Perfect weather and a nice relaxing trip, the opposite of our Disney time. We also hit double digits during our vacation and had a very energetic Disney Double Digit Dance!!! :cool1:

Hope we leave the gorgeous weather behind! I didn't have even one day of big hair as there was no humidity to speak of! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!