2012 Destashing Thread

I went through two kitchen cupboards today. My pots and pan cupboards was a wreck. I got new pans for Christmas so I was excited to put them away and get rid of the old ones. The second cupboard has bowls, tupperware, and travel mugs in it. My daughter and I matched up the bowls or travel mugs with the mugs. Got to throw out a big bag of lids that didn't match anything. YEAH!!!! One cupboard at a time.

Congrats & thanks! You inspired me to go through our plastic stuff too. Amazing how many lids we had without containers - not sure how that happened.

I'm still having trouble w/our kitchen. The counter just get piled w/a ton of stuff and can't seem to stop it from happening. The garage looks better but now it's too cold to finish the back. I am determined to tackle some of the basement this weekend!

Anyone else have a weekend goal?

We are having a snowy weekend here so I am planning on getting a lot of stuff done. I hope to get the upstairs clear of trash, and sorted into piles to go through.

if you end up with random flat lids, don't throw them away. Offer them up either on freecycle or to a preschool or elementary school. We use flat lids for painting. I have a big stash of formula lids so I do tend to pass on random lids but those are the places that have been happy to take them.

if you end up with random flat lids, don't throw them away. Offer them up either on freecycle or to a preschool or elementary school. We use flat lids for painting. I have a big stash of formula lids so I do tend to pass on random lids but those are the places that have been happy to take them.

On the tips thread someone suggested putting a drink lid on your Mickey bar to catch drips. You could cut an x in these and do the same.

I put away all the Christmas stuff this weekend, and while doing so, I realized that there was so much that I never put up this year. A lot of it I bought when we were first married just to help fill up the tree, but now we have 3 kids and all their ornaments fill it up plenty! So I donated the plain glass balls to our church, since they like to do different color schemes every year and hadn't yet done the colors I had. The rest of it, I bagged up and have ready for the next charity pickup. I was able to consolidate our stuff into fewer boxes to put back in storage, which made DH very happy. I think I am going to start on he kids' play room next week. They got so much for Christmas, they are having trouble finding spots for everything, so I think it is time to clear out some of the less-loved toys to make homes for their new things.

Still going strong here.... I have several more baskets full of stuff to sell and almost one full of stuff to donate. I made $80 yesterday selling almost a full basket of kids' toys/clothes. I finally sold the changing table that has been in my living room ever since my son jumped off of it at Thanksgiving and broke his arm. I moved it to the living room from his room as soon as we got home from the ER so it had been there a while! We have a big children's consignment event coming up in April that I need to go through the kids' summer clothes for and for the first time, they are doing an adult event the following week. It seems to take forever to get everything tagged and ready so I am going to try to start early this year.

I have kept my kitchen counters decluttered for well over a week now! That is probably a record! And my little boy's room is still clean and picked up since everything has a place. He's two and quickly learning to put everything back where it goes :) Makes for a happy mommy!

I bought two plastic tubs today. I cleaned out a section of one of my hall closets and another one in the 2nd closet. There were a few empty boxes dh saved that were just taking up spaces. I tossed those. Threw out a few things. I have a huge pile of stuff in my extra room that needs to be sold.
My goal this weekend is to organize the main hall closet. Theres a few things that will go in the trash box and get rid of box. I'm so surprised at some of the junk thats taking up space. i found several different color party streamers from years ago- to crinkled to use. I also found some of dd's 1st birthday party unsed bags- she just turned 13-lol! The list goes on. I also found some brand new x-mas gifts i bought for dd when she was younger, that i forgot to wrap and give her-lol! I plan on giving those to my 2 year old goddaughter she will like the disney princess stuff.

I just wish the rest of the family was on board. It would make decluttering so much easier.

Goals
- try to do one room or spot per week or when i'm bored
-start posting larger items on craigs list
-next month have a yardsale

I just moved and I wish I had several months to pack because I just brought all the clutter over here. It's a much smaller house so things have got to go. I've got a attic so that's going to be temp storage but I eventually want the only things up there to be empty electronic boxes, and out of season clothes.

The plan for tonight is to get 90% of the boxes downstairs unpacked or at least moved upstairs because when my ex was here 3 weeks ago the downstairs was full of boxes and I need to show a little progress.

This weekend I wanna tackle laundry. I have a huge amount of laundry here and even more at my parents.

I bought two plastic tubs today. I cleaned out a section of one of my hall closets and another one in the 2nd closet. There were a few empty boxes dh saved that were just taking up spaces. I tossed those. Threw out a few things. I have a huge pile of stuff in my extra room that needs to be sold.
My goal this weekend is to organize the main hall closet. Theres a few things that will go in the trash box and get rid of box. I'm so surprised at some of the junk thats taking up space. i found several different color party streamers from years ago- to crinkled to use. I also found some of dd's 1st birthday party unsed bags- she just turned 13-lol! The list goes on. I also found some brand new x-mas gifts i bought for dd when she was younger, that i forgot to wrap and give her-lol! I plan on giving those to my 2 year old goddaughter she will like the disney princess stuff.

I just wish the rest of the family was on board. It would make decluttering so much easier.

Goals
- try to do one room or spot per week or when i'm bored
-start posting larger items on craigs list
-next month have a yardsale

I cleaned out another bag of junk...valance, blanket, paper,hairbands etc. Plus dh took out a large garbage bag and 1/2 of trash that came out of the big hall closet.

I had to stop because my allergies have been acting up and my chest is feeling it. The big hall closet has lots of dust in the high shelves.

I opened the bottom section of our den entertainment center(this is dh's junk) there was dust and i said forget it! I need to go buy a mask because the dust will have me in urgentcare.

Tomorrows goals are
- the livingroom sofa table drawers Completed
- the bar cabinet in the diningroom ( no liquor just junk) Completed
- finish up the last of the big hall closetdreading-lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter