2012 Destashing Thread

Not a lot to report on the destash front:

Got rid of:
5 Comic related books
25 Comicbooks
2 Novels

I figure every little bit helps!!!:cool1: especially when you make a few dollars to boot as well. made an extra 20 dollars for WDW!!!:goodvibes

Not a lot to report on the destash front:

Got rid of:
5 Comic related books
25 Comicbooks
2 Novels

I figure every little bit helps!!!:cool1: especially when you make a few dollars to boot as well. made an extra 20 dollars for WDW!!!:goodvibes

Hey comicguy, Funny (pun intended?! ;) ) that I'm seeing your post today! As we were destashing yesterday, I came across a dozen or so old comic books, the Betty & Veronica kind, and some from old movies (How the West was Won etc). They were my daddy's, and I have a feeling I'll find more *somewhere* in our attic :rolleyes: Where would you suggest I sell them? Do you use ebay or craigslist? Or is there a specific site?

I had a large box of magazines that were given to me that I was going to read eventually. Took a deep breath and told DH that if I tried to get rid of them I would talk myself out of them, but he was welcome to take them to the recycling, and he did.:thumbsup2

I got rid of our nonworking washing machine that was junking up my front porch today! I posted on a facebook yard sale group that whoever came to get it by dark today could have it and I had someone here within an hour! Yea!!

I also sold the cart that was between my old washer and dryer that held the detergent. The new machine is smaller even though it is a higher capacity so I had enough room for my sorting cart there instead. Now I have enough room to fold and hang while I am in the laundry room, without having to bring everything out to the living room to get it done.

I also tossed a bag full of old sunscreen and lotions from our main bathroom.

I really wish we could get a few snow days in a row so that I could get some more stuff done. My weekends are just to crammed already to be able to really devote the time to this that it needs!

I got rid of our nonworking washing machine that was junking up my front porch today! I posted on a facebook yard sale group that whoever came to get it by dark today could have it and I had someone here within an hour! Yea!!

I also sold the cart that was between my old washer and dryer that held the detergent. The new machine is smaller even though it is a higher capacity so I had enough room for my sorting cart there instead. Now I have enough room to fold and hang while I am in the laundry room, without having to bring everything out to the living room to get it done.

I really wish we could get a few snow days in a row so that I could get some more stuff done. My weekends are just to crammed already to be able to really devote the time to this that it needs!

sound like your off to a good start.

dh posted entertainment center, desk but so far no luck. I figure its the end of the month so people might be broke. I was hoping on having a yardsale on Sat but dh works and we have a bday party to go to. I need to post some lots of dd's clothes. I've been sick so havent been decluttering. I was doing a lot of it but my allergies are so bad i cant be near dust and all the stuff will be dusting in the garage.

Does anyone have any fabulous organization ideas for children? I am working on my dd's room (she's 5) and my ds's room (he's 2) and I want some kind of system that will help them keep their rooms somewhat picked up.

As far as the destashing goes, I just listed a huge box of stuff on FB and hopefully it will all be gone in a day or so :)

What kind of organization? I use plastic totes to contain most of their stuff & put it under their beds. DD also has some cute pop up fabric totes for other items. We still have those bins that sit in 3 rows and that has held most of their other little bits and pieces. Both closets have one side for their clothes and wire square shelves on the other for the bigger stuff. Not a perfect system but it seems to work ok. Good luck, it's hard to contain kids!!

I'm hoping to get to some projects this weekend. I've been sick all week but ready to get up & organize some stuff! Still avoiding the basement but I know I should make some progress down there.

Last weekend, I cleared off our old computer desk and am getting ready to move the old desktop to the basement. I'm stalking CL & Goodwill for an armoire so we can close up the computer when not used. DD's old one is coming downstairs as soon as I find something.

Anyone else?

I tried finding this thread again and somehow couldnt find it. I knew it exist because i had posted on it-lol! This time I subbed so i wont lose it again.

Well since i couldnt find this thread the last time Here my update since then....

I cleared out My kitchen

1. spice drawer - got rid of out dated spices and whater junk i had in that drwar. I moved all my pasta to the pantry and placed it in my pasta basket. I got a smaller basket and put all my spices in ziplock bags and placed in basket ( i buy the spices in the lil bags)

2. I cleared out another food cabinet. I got rid of a lot of expired items. I had stuff in there i forgot i had. Bottom shelve all spices, and hot chocolate packets. middle shelf... smaller tubberwear type items for storing leftovers , top shelve coffee filter and other items i need only once in awhile.

3. organized one cabinet

4. organized 4 pullout drawers and throughout old stuff

all this was 2-3 20 gallon trash bags

i also organized my cleaning products area.

My house looks and it feels so good when i walk in. My den has never stayed clean this long. Dh even cleared off his clutter from the side of his bed-lol! well its a start-hahahaha

I still need to finish up my room, craftroom and garage.

Decluttering has changed my life. I kinda like cleaning now-lol! Oh and at random i might walk my something and start cleaning it and move on to a few other things. Example I was opening the clorox wipes and read good cfor cleaning mirrors, so i went and test it... all of a sudden I cleaned the bathroom mirror, then the sink, two pictures on the wall, somehow ended up in the 2nd bathroom doing the same thing. Well that was at 12:30am-lol! Anyone else going through this-lol!

E Gads where does all this stuff come from! We we thinking of changing our bed, that is what inspired me to start decluttering AGAIN this year.
Two Wednesdays ago I took the computer out of our bedroom and put it in the laundry room closet, after I cleaned that room out. We are thinking of getting a larger bed and I don't want our bedroom to seem all bed and furniture, today I had DH help me move the bed over taking up all the room that the larger bed would take to see if we like it. DS will get our bed for his room.
The next day I decluttered the kitchen/pantry, got rid of pans that needed to go. I went thru all the cabinets and the drawers. If I hadn't used the item in the last 2 years and it was still good, I put it in a container and gave it away. I told the person getting it, keep what you want, donate the rest. Did my closet and a few drawers, got rid of the bad, the good donated to St. Vin--- as I drove by.
Two weeks ago gave the crib away finally, along with a tub of baby cloths/items to nephew.
Two Sundays ago (9hr worth of work) with DD helping at times, organized the basement again, it's the kids playroom. Got rid of broken/missing pieces stuff. On that Wednesday took a load of good stuff to the church's preschool. Took the old Christmas tree out of the back room and got rid of it. DH is going to take an old large computer to a place that will accept it. Also going to change the two couchs downstairs to one newer one.
Friday nite DD and I went thru her closet rod and removed anything she has not worn for two winters, I will give that to friends.
Today, Saturday, DH needed to go into town with a trailer, a coworker said she would buy our Step 2 climber/swing and pool. Delivered it to her along with a little tikes plane teeter totter, and a step 2 kitchen (from the basement). She paid us $175 for it.
This Wednesday we are going to take a little tykes basketball stand to our church for the preschool (again from the basement) along with play doh sets we are done with.
DH wants me to destash the backroom of the basement, ha most of the stuff is his, he just doesn't know it. My big decision should I get rid of the rotisserie machine that I have only used twice because it is such a chore to clean?
Well DS says its time to go help up DH pick up the tree limbs he trimmed today, these 50 degree days and no snow driffs for winter is really allowing us extra easy maneuvering to get rid of stuff.

I have not been working on any destashing for awhile. Yesterday I finally went through my linen closet again and got rid of two trash bags full of items that were either expired or almost empty.

Tonight I plan on going through all of the sheets, tablecloths, and placemats.

Just read on a blog the idea of a "100 things weekend"- get rid of 100 things somehow, someway. Who's up for a 100 things challenge next weekend? (2/25-26)?

I'd definitely be in for a challenge. Can I include stuff I'm already collecting today?

I went through the kids' toy shelves in the basement & have a big pile of stuff that can be donated. I have several piles of stuff that I tossed down there when company was coming, I'm going to tackle those tonight.

I also need to pack up some books I want to sell and I have a few things to sell on CL. DD is graduating this spring so I really want to have the house in tip top shape by then! Not sure who is staying with us yet but plan to be ready.

Just read on a blog the idea of a "100 things weekend"- get rid of 100 things somehow, someway. Who's up for a 100 things challenge next weekend? (2/25-26)?

I am up for a challange.

Tonight we went through all the table cloths, napkins, etc in the linen closet and got rid of over half of them. I am dropping them off at goodwill in the morning.

Think I have missed 1 posting of destashing so let's see if I can recall that one and the most recent one.

Destashed some water shoes, wall hanging, pictures, mirrors, scarf, gloves, luggage and curtains. There may be more but that's all I can come up with right now.

Today I will destash some more of our luggage (where do we get all of our luggage from?)

We are on track to move from Maine to near Mickey's house in June :thumbsup2

I am in for a 100 item challenge next weekend. That would be great.

The entire back of my van is full of stuff to deliver on Tuesday from what I sold on FB. Extra $ is always great :). More to apply to our May trip to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter