2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked thru some pictures of the resort & noticed the marketplace selections for grocery items (donuts, bread, etc). Wondering if it would be cheaper & easier to order things from the Garden Grocer, pack some poptarts & such in our luggage (we're flying) or just buy things from the Marketplace. We don't really want to waste a snack credit for a bagel or whatever for breakfast.

Note to self: when celebrating anniversary in YC room, BE QUIET! :lmao:

Finally booked a flight home from Orlando yesterday for our Oct/Nov trip. Hubby wasn't happy about that because it means now we have to come home. I'm still not thrilled with the price, but when it went up again last week, I decided that as soon as it went down again, I was booking. I really wanted the last flight of the day back to Providence, so while that early flight was $110 (a dream price these days), I ended up with the last flight at $165. Now I'm just hoping for another price drop so I can rebook and take the credits. (I love Southwest for free bags and for the fact I can get credits if the price drops.) I actually had some credits left from our travels in June, so that was good. So keep your fingers crossed for another price drop so I can get some more credits!!

81 days!

Fingers crossed for you (it worked for me!)

My Southwest fares for next week (LI to TPA) dropped really low 10 weeks out and we wound up with a huge credit - they were true dream fares

For our 8/15 (1st of the day) and 8/22 (last of the day) nonstops - originally booked on May 9 for $152 each way at the best fare I had seen after looking for about a month - rebooked on June 5 for just $98 each way - I almost fell over having saved $432 for our family of 4

I always check on Tuesdays - everyday actually, but I never miss a Tuesday - this is usually the lowest fare day

Funny thing is even with this great deal - I still kept checking up until last week

I keep seeing mentions of Mickey Mail and I am now starting to panic ...

Is just for people with packages??? or using Magical Express?? (we are renting a car) We have a room only reservation and have not received anything since we booked it a few months ago

We check-in 8 days!!

Can someone ease my concerns??

(Of course I did just sign on to see my reservation smiling back at me with my balance due date of our arrival day)

I don't know the answer to your question, but hopefully one of the experts here can help you out. What I do know is that Mickey Mail usually comes in two phases- one is the regular package/booking info. Magical Express luggage tags are sent separately.

I did some google searching - and came up with some verification - I was not surprisingly directed to multiple posts here on the disboards - I would quote them directly, but I don't know how to quote from another thread in this one. This is what I found ...

If you are using DME - you will receive DME Mickey mail containing your luggage tags
If you are booked on a package - you will receive Mickey mail packet
If you are booked on a package and using DME - you will receive both of the above
If you are booked room only - you will not receive Mickey mail packet
If you are booked room only and not using DME - Mickey is not wasting any postage on you :confused3

I fall into that last category:sad2:

I did some google searching - and came up with some verification - I was not surprisingly directed to multiple posts here on the disboards - I would quote them directly, but I don't know how to quote from another thread in this one. This is what I found ...

If you are using DME - you will receive DME Mickey mail containing your luggage tags
If you are booked on a package and using DME - you will receive both of the above
If you are booked room only and not using DME - Mickey is not wasting any postage on you :confused3

Sounds like no mail...
But since you mentioned you arrive in 8 days, here are some happy dancers to celebrate your trips almost here! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Thanks- great info! And :headache: about Mickey not wasting any postage on you! That's too bad- everyone deserves a fun surprise in their mailbox!

I was reading a current live trip report that mentions a lot of chair saving
at SAB. What is the usual way the BC/YC deals with this?
I would love to spend time at SAB on our upcoming visit, but I'm not going to get into a chair battle with staunch chair savers.
Any experiences, thoughts on how to deal with this?
Are the quiet pools nice? :beach:

Hi Everyone! This is my very first post!!! I've been to Disney many times and am a long-time lurker of the disboards. We live in CT and my husband is a CM. Since we don't live in FL we feel more like visitors than CMs when we visit the parks.

April 2013 we are planning to take our kids to the BC. My husband and I stayed YC CL for our 15th anniversary, but figured the kids would enjoy the BC atmosphere more. We are currently booked BC CL GV.

Funny...when we stayed YC CL our only request was "celebrating 15th anniversary - pleasant view". The first room they put us in had a view of the CM entrance and dumpsters. We half laughed, half cried! After much negotiation on my husband's part they moved us to a room with a lovely view.

So, being a bit more cautious this time around we've booked GV. I did catch up on this thread and this is what I've learned: There are only a few BC CL GV rooms. At least one is handicapped accessible which I don't think would work for us. At least 4 rooms are connecting which may lead to noise from other rooms. They are smaller than YC CL rooms due to dormers. But, they all have a fully balcony which is important to us.

So, what do you think? Will we find a nice BC CL GV? Or will our chances for a nice room be better with YC CL GV?

Yikes!!! Analysis Paralysis!!

Hi Everyone! This is my very first post!!! I've been to Disney many times and am a long-time lurker of the disboards. We live in CT and my husband is a CM. Since we don't live in FL we feel more like visitors than CMs when we visit the parks.

April 2013 we are planning to take our kids to the BC. My husband and I stayed YC CL for our 15th anniversary, but figured the kids would enjoy the BC atmosphere more. We are currently booked BC CL GV.

Funny...when we stayed YC CL our only request was "celebrating 15th anniversary - pleasant view". The first room they put us in had a view of the CM entrance and dumpsters. We half laughed, half cried! After much negotiation on my husband's part they moved us to a room with a lovely view.

So, being a bit more cautious this time around we've booked GV. I did catch up on this thread and this is what I've learned: There are only a few BC CL GV rooms. At least one is handicapped accessible which I don't think would work for us. At least 4 rooms are connecting which may lead to noise from other rooms. They are smaller than YC CL rooms due to dormers. But, they all have a fully balcony which is important to us.

So, what do you think? Will we find a nice BC CL GV? Or will our chances for a nice room be better with YC CL GV?

Yikes!!! Analysis Paralysis!!

Well I am the original poster of the detailed analysis of the handicap rooms. I am disappointed iwth the number of rooms both YC and BC have set aside for GV. Sadly most are SV or water view. I wouldn't stay BC CL GV again personally simply b/c of this room assignment of all connecting doors. But I wouldn't pay water view rate and SV is well you saw! :) So that leads me back to YC CL GV for me. If I am staying CL. That being said I JUST booked BC GV for my family this summer (YC not available) but I love BC but not the CL set up. My DD13 loved YC and with the full balcony and room assignment, the CL GV rooms face the wedding gazebo and lagoon side view, except for 1. Honestly I would do YC CL GV over BC CL GV.

I was reading a current live trip report that mentions a lot of chair saving
at SAB. What is the usual way the BC/YC deals with this?
I would love to spend time at SAB on our upcoming visit, but I'm not going to get into a chair battle with staunch chair savers.
Any experiences, thoughts on how to deal with this?
Are the quiet pools nice? :beach:

Ugh I know, I hope the chairs savers stay away from storm along bay in October! My husbands hates crowded places...and I've been telling him everything I've read here about the pool being so huge that it doesn't feel crowded. But, if all the chairs are taken it will make it feel crowded...even if nobody is in them lol.
:idea: someone should put up a sign that says "chair savers are not welcome here" :rotfl2:

The conventioneers have taken over YC the month of June. UGH. Ugh just b/c I wanted a room!

Late June - BC GV for 8 days! :) Tweaking my dates for 18th - 25th. This is my first time ever not staying club level - but we took the dining plan this time. DD13 and DH live to eat I swear....and we didn't love the CL like we did in previous years this past summer so time for a change. :)

Now I know this question has been asked and analyzed over the prior threads but honestly I never paid much mind since we are usually YC'ers...BUT - the balcony!!!! For a GV room - my one and only request will be FULL BALCONY. Are my chances decent??????

Teena - LOVE those pics of you and Lilly. You shine my friend and Lilly, wow I wish she was cuter...don't you?:rotfl2:

Ugh I know, I hope the chairs savers stay away from storm along bay in October! My husbands hates crowded places...and I've been telling him everything I've read here about the pool being so huge that it doesn't feel crowded. But, if all the chairs are taken it will make it feel crowded...even if nobody is in them lol.
:idea: someone should put up a sign that says "chair savers are not welcome here" :rotfl2:
That's a great idea! That would solve the problem! :rotfl2: Now we just need to figure out how we're going to get grey goose slushies delivered....:rotfl:

Fingers crossed for you (it worked for me!)

My Southwest fares for next week (LI to TPA) dropped really low 10 weeks out and we wound up with a huge credit - they were true dream fares

For our 8/15 (1st of the day) and 8/22 (last of the day) nonstops - originally booked on May 9 for $152 each way at the best fare I had seen after looking for about a month - rebooked on June 5 for just $98 each way - I almost fell over having saved $432 for our family of 4

I always check on Tuesdays - everyday actually, but I never miss a Tuesday - this is usually the lowest fare day

Funny thing is even with this great deal - I still kept checking up until last week

That is an awesome savings!

I also check every Tuesday (and every other day if I remember). I just happened to check yesterday afternoon and they were already down from $197 to $165. Our flight down was $135 when I booked and it's now $197. I'm keeping my eye on both now!!

A few things this morning.....

1. As for the chair-saving at SAB...I'm glad that we're really not "loungers." We pool it up...then get the heck out of there! We're planning to use a locker to store our things. I will say BOOOOOO to chair savers who save them for extended periods of time and don't use them and a double BOOOOOO to CMs who don't do anything about it.

2. Magical Express.....What was that running joke on SNL? Don't get me started! I've had to call them 5 (!) times about our upcoming trip and they can't seem to get our dates/flights straight. We're leaving in 10 days, and yesterday they promised to have it all set straight, but said it'll take 7 days for the necessary tags/tickets to arrive. It's a headache!

3. Most exciting......
As of this morning...I can officially say.....I've lost 25 lbs for Mickey!
party:party::wish25 party: party:

Now I know this question has been asked and analyzed over the prior threads but honestly I never paid much mind since we are usually YC'ers...BUT - the balcony!!!! For a GV room - my one and only request will be FULL BALCONY. Are my chances decent??????

I thought all of YC was full balcony. That was one of the reasons we chose it over BC.

I thought all of YC was full balcony. That was one of the reasons we chose it over BC.

yes YC is full balcony....But b/c of convention I am at BC GV...So my question is what are chances of full balcony at BC GV. Sorry my initial post was confusing!:)

A few things this morning.....

1. As for the chair-saving at SAB...I'm glad that we're really not "loungers." We pool it up...then get the heck out of there! We're planning to use a locker to store our things. I will say BOOOOOO to chair savers who save them for extended periods of time and don't use them and a double BOOOOOO to CMs who don't do anything about it.

2. Magical Express.....What was that running joke on SNL? Don't get me started! I've had to call them 5 (!) times about our upcoming trip and they can't seem to get our dates/flights straight. We're leaving in 10 days, and yesterday they promised to have it all set straight, but said it'll take 7 days for the necessary tags/tickets to arrive. It's a headache!

3. Most exciting......
As of this morning...I can officially say.....I've lost 25 lbs for Mickey!
party:party::wish25 party: party:

:cheer2: congrats on the 25 pounds!!!! Regards to chair savings...I have been at SAB in June 4x, August 1x and never ever had trouble finding a chair at various times of the day....We are a party of 3 so maybe large families will report issues I dont' know but this has been something discussed on the boards a lot over the years and I can say I never had a problem. Might not be where I want a chair but always get one!!!

We have had the same experience with chairs at the BC, never a problem. When we were there a CM was going around and removing towels that were clearly unused and that no one had been near in a while. I really think it varies depending on who is working, though. It's a shame that people can't be respectful and claim their chair when they need it, not hours earlier.

Hey, folks.

Just a general question: What does the connection between the BC and Villas look like? Is it an indoor corridor? Outdoor corridor? Sidewalk?

If anyone has a photo, please post.

Thanks.

natebenma said:
1) Yes and No.

I believe two half-gallons will fit. Can anyone confirm?

2) Don't know. Hope someone can answer this for you.

Missions- up for grabs

I want to add a section to the FAQ post called "Will it Fit?"

I would love it if someone going soon could take pictures of the fridge with a half gallon of milk/juice in it, and of the safe with an ipad (if it indeed fits)

Anyone up for packing a tape measure to get the dimensions of the safe?

Yes, I am serious!

BTW- I am still looking for someone to "time" the lazy river. How long does it take to make one complete rotation without propulsion.

Again. Serious.

We arrive in 10 days and our GG order has (2) 1/2 gallons so I'll let you know how they fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts