2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge selling point to DH and DD9. The baby and I can relax and they can go crazy.

We had Lily there (SAB) at 13 months and she absolutely loved the zero entry part over by the YC. We spent 5 hours there every day. She actually fell asleep in the water playing ... just fell over into my lap.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

What view category did you book (standard, garden or water)?

I definitely recommend that you make "Full balcony, please" as your first, and maybe only request. Possibly add on "Close to lobby, if possible"- that will be a location near to food options, access to SAB and bus stops. I think if you request a room in a quiet location, you are more likely to be further away from the lobby. But even still, I don't think the noise will be an issue, at least I don't think it is worth requesting. In my opinion, the noise level you encounter in a room is more a factor of who your neighbors are.

Thanks so much! I booked standard, but after reading the thread I'm going to switch to garden. I don't want to look at a parking lot or rooftop. I'll for sure take in your suggestions and add a "Full balcony and if possiable close to lobby, Please." room request that sounds like it would be perfect for us!

I can't wait until October, which is odd for me since I love summer. :confused3

Super excited to say we will be at BC from May 9-18! We were supposed to go in Feb. and stay at POR but we were forced to delay till May and decided to splurge. I cannot wait to experience this.

You are going to love it!!! As the CM I spoke with last week said ........"are you planning on spending time at the water parks"? I said no. "which resort would you like me to book for you"? I said Beach Club........"No wonder you won't be visiting the water parks....you have your own at BC"!!!!!

It's so beautiful, relaxing, refreshing in the middle of the day during May. You won't regret this decision!!

We had Lily there (SAB) at 13 months and she absolutely loved the zero entry part over by the YC. We spent 5 hours there every day. She actually fell asleep in the water playing ... just fell over into my lap.

Now that is priceless!!! I loved when my girls wore themselves out playing.

Anyone try making an online payment for their packages with the new website?

I just can't seem to figure it out?? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks so much! I booked standard, but after reading the thread I'm going to switch to garden. I don't want to look at a parking lot or rooftop. I'll for sure take in your suggestions and add a "Full balcony and if possiable close to lobby, Please." room request that sounds like it would be perfect for us!

I can't wait until October, which is odd for me since I love summer. :confused3

Wise decision. :thumbsup2 The only disappointing room we ever had at the BC was when we had the parking lot view that was right over a flat roof. The only saving grace to that room was that it had a balcony.

I have not heard of anyone on the DIS being able to make an online payment since the new website debacle. Everyone I have seen posting has just made payments using the automated phone system.

TeenaS said:

That sounds precious! Our little one will be a little over 9 months so we will see how the water experience will go.

ocalla said:
You are going to love it!!! As the CM I spoke with last week said ........"are you planning on spending time at the water parks"? I said no. "which resort would you like me to book for you"? I said Beach Club........"No wonder you won't be visiting the water parks....you have your own at BC"!!!!!

It's so beautiful, relaxing, refreshing in the middle of the day during May. You won't regret this decision!!

That is funny because when I called to change my CM could not understand why we didn't want the water parks add on and I kept saying we have SAB.

ocalla said:

I had a CM tell me that portion of the site was not live yet and to call.

jemh628 said:
Super excited to say we will be at BC from May 9-18! We were supposed to go in Feb. and stay at POR but we were forced to delay till May and decided to splurge. I cannot wait to experience this.

We'll be there the same time, BC GV CL, see you around the lobby!

cocoabean1 said:
I hate the new website- it is very hard to check room prices

The new website is driving me crazy. I completed the survey that popped up, and read the the riot about it not being user-friendly. I can't even find the "My Reservations" section, to me at this point is THE most important part right now, since we booked directly through Disney...... Good thing I was smart and took "screen shots" of my reservations on my iPad.... Invaluable now.

medicgirl177 said:
The new website is driving me crazy. I completed the survey that popped up, and read the the riot about it not being user-friendly. I can't even find the "My Reservations" section, to me at this point is THE most important part right now, since we booked directly through Disney...... Good thing I was smart and took "screen shots" of my reservations on my iPad.... Invaluable now.

I hate to say it but I must be one of the few lucky ones who have had no problem with the website other than my initial viewing. Everything pops up under my Disney experience, all dining reservations and I actually enjoy the way it appears through a calendar. I can totally respect the frustration the majority is having and agree Disney may have wanted to hold off until it was more prepared for the launch but I do think once all the kinks and problems are resolved it will be an improvement. That being said I have written down all numbers and saved screen shots as well just in case my luck runs out.

I will be checking in for my first time visit to BC on Jan 13 :yay:
I have a question about the balconies......
Is there room for a chair on the Juliet balconies?? I would like to be able to sit and enjoy my morning coffee/evening adult beverage:laughing:
My last visit to WL (which I loved) I had a "closed in" balcony.....nice having one; only problem was when sitting all I could see was what was above me; and I had a nice courtyard/pool view

I will be checking in for my first time visit to BC on Jan 13 :yay:
I have a question about the balconies......
Is there room for a chair on the Juliet balconies?? I would like to be able to sit and enjoy my morning coffee/evening adult beverage:laughing:
My last visit to WL (which I loved) I had a "closed in" balcony.....nice having one; only problem was when sitting all I could see was what was above me; and I had a nice courtyard/pool view

No, there isn't room for a chair on a Juliete balcony. It is very narrow. :(

There is a very nice outdoor sitting area with tables just outside the Marketplace. And the Solarium is a great place to relax. It is usually quiet there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter